River Rock Kitchen-Westin Wilmington
818 Shipyard Drive
Wilmington, DE 19801Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
River Rock Kitchen-Westin Wilmington
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.riverrockkitchen.com/
- Phone: 302-397-5518x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dave Lattomus
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Entertainment: Coming Soon!!
A word from River Rock Kitchen-Westin Wilmington
Welcome to the River Rock Kitchen at the Westin Wilmington. Chef David Lattomus invites you, your family and friends to join us in our warm and comfortable surroundings with our fabulous Modern American Sharing concept. Feast on these tasty and exquisite menu selections prepared fresh every day from local farmers. His sharing concept is one to bring families and friends closer as they pass selections around the table, as if you were home dining together. Come join us; we will leave you smiling and fulfilled.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
River Rock Kitchen-Westin Wilmington reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)great for outdoor dining (6)romantic (6)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for lunch (4)good for groups (3)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good but probably wont returnde52iaVIPDined on 10/11/2014Overall the food was good. I had to send my kale salad back because it was swimming in dressing. Once returned, it was better. The staff was nice but service was very slow. Probably better for breakfast or brunch since there's not many options at the riverfront for that.
- BonAppetitDined on 9/26/2014We were a group of four and all were pleasantly surprised. It exceeded our expectations! Well be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasedthatgirlcancookDined on 9/25/2014We had a reservation for 2 and were seated at a high top table for 6-8 because there were no clean tables for 2. We were presented with the Delaware Dines Out menu with a $20 a bottle wine list. We ordered wine and was presented with complementary Asiago bread and infused olive oil. I ordered the asparagus w/ a 40 hour egg(amazing). I ended up asking for more bread to soak up the egg. My second course was the pumpkin pork belly with mashed potatoes. The pork was amazing the hint of pumpkin was perfect however the mashed potatoes reminded me of boxed mashed potatoes. It was time for dessert and I ordered the smores. It wasn't anything to rave about. Altogether the place is fit for dates and maybe a business meeting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed reviewsHowardDined on 9/25/2014Beautiful ambiance, noisy bar party but they left a little after we arrived. Some of the courses were fantastic, other mediocre. We will definately visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friends Get TogetherblueroxVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food was good, but the service was iffy. The server led us to believe the Delaware Dines Out menu had larger portions than the regular "small plates" menu. This was not the case. The server stressed that the food would come out when we were ready for it. This also was not the case -- the entree was brought before we were done the appetizer and the dessert was served before we were done the entree. The server also stretched (and I mean stretched) across the table to clear the dishes instead of walking the other side. All this being said, the food was very good. I had the kale salad, shrimp & grits, and the chocolate bombe. On the service plus side, they did re-seat us to another table when we asked due to a draft at the original table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Flavor for every sense2fallinluvDined on 9/1/2014This was first time at River Rock and the service we received was nothing you could even pay for. The food, meal after meal was delivered at the most perfect time. And when it was delivered it was with a smile and inquiry if there was a need for something else. The staff most definitely complimented the atmosphere and the food. We are going back and I am sure we will go back after that. Fantastic place to disconnect your electronic device and connect with the one you are with~~~Special Features:
- Great food killed by serviceRicanlambaVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived on time for our reservation and seated outside. We opted to move inside because it was windy and were accomcaste quickly. There was only one large party inside. We never got water. After 20 minutes we got bread. 20 minutes later we go two of the four small plates we ordered. They then brought the bill for the complete order even through we never got half of it. They took those items off the bill but didn't offer any sort of sort of discounts for the bad service. The food we got was very good but based on the service and price, I would not go back.Special Features:
- Just bad foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/28/2014We sat outside which was the best decision of the evening. While the waitress advised us when we sat that they serve their dishes tapas-style (served whenever they come out of the kitchen), it just didn't work with the type of food they offer. We ordered beet salad, calamari, ravioli and pappardelle. Beets came out last, ravioli first and everything else in between. Needless to say everything aside from the ravioli was stone cold once we got to it. Calamari was very tough and overly breaded and fried. Pappardelle was flavorless and we sent it back. Beet salad was ok, but sparse on the beets. Ravioli was actually quite good. Dessert was the worst- baked smores w caramel sauce that was the consistency of rubber.
- Surprisingly great!RatherBeMountainBikingVIPDined on 8/17/2014I never expect restaurants at hotels to be good. I was delightfully surprised by the river rock kitchen. A friend read reviews and asked us to go. We had a lovely dinner, sitting outside. The waitress was fantastic and provided very good recommendations. The food was excellent! I hope the Wellington community supports this restaurant, because it would be a shame for it to be underutilized or closed.Special Features:
- Almost goodGeoffVIPDined on 8/15/2014While some of the food was excellent...creative, interesting and tasty, the prices for many of the "small plate" were high. At the time the amount if food on the "small plate" was close to a normal serving. My suggestion: serve the same food and amounts, but don't' call them small plates. In that way the customer would feel better about paying the prices.Special Features:
- Try the sea bass!iseedelightDined on 7/26/2014Knew I wanted to eat there the moment I saw that they have a healthy approach and incorporate power foods for health into the menu items. Small plates were generously sized and pleasing to the eye and palate. Have been craving sea bass since leaving the restaurant, the slight crunch on the outside was a wonderful contrast to the perfectly cooked fish, the black rice accompaniment was very satisfying. Looking forward to my next visit to Wilmington so I can try some of the other delights on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the River Rock Kitchen-Westin Wilmington reviews archive.