River House Seafood
125 W River St
Savannah, GA 31401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
River House Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.savannahriverhouse.com/
- Phone: (912) 234-1900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Gladys Young
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and Semi-Private arrangements are available based on your group size and accommodation needs.
- Private Party Contact: Linda Sanders 9122332901x
- Entertainment: Live emtertainment Thursday through Sunday from 6:00pm until 9:00pm
- Cross Street: Barnard Street Ramp
- Public Transit: Conveniently located on Savannah, Georgia"s Historic River Street. A short walking distance from major bus routes, taxi accessible and a stop on Savannah’s fare-free Downtown Transportation system. (DOT)
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is a parking lot in front of our restaurant, as well as parking on the ramp beside our building. There are also parking garages within walking distance.
A word from River House Seafood
Genuine Savannah Flavor in an 1820’s King Cotton Warehouse. Sit riverside and enjoy local seafood that the SAVANNAH NEWS awarded its highest rating, “A”, while watching local and merchant ships sail by. Delight in our gourmet dessert selections.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
River House Seafood - Best Restaurants in Savannah ›
River House Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)scenic view (21)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very goodMbatDined on 11/14/2014Nice quiet atmosphere and good attentive service provided. The rolls were delicious but Caesar salad was bland. Chose the grouper Oscar, which had crab meat topping over mashed potatoes and asparagus. Grouper was seasoned well and was tasty and the crab meat was ample. Overall was very good but there are so many other very good restaurants to choose from in Savannah. Fantastic location in River St. though, which helps.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not memorableragweedVIPDined on 11/11/2014The bread was not good, adequate salad and main course was good. The place could have potential with improvements.
- Consistently deliciousDonnaBeeDined on 11/7/2014Lobster bisque, Caesar salad, shrimp and scallops pasta, and pasta with asparagus (not sure of name) all great. Shrimp and grits were so-so, with tomatoes on top. Everything else was superb. We have eaten here before and will eat here again. The service was pleasant and quick. The live music made a great atmosphere. Oh forgot to mention the blue cheese spread with the bread, really tasty. Drinks are reasonably priced. Thanks for a great meal!Special Features:
- Impeccable service! Excellent Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I made a reservation for 7 and a baby weeks ahead of time. We were 30 minutes late but they were incredibly accommodating and made it work. Our server, Mark provided incredible service. He was timely and attentive. He knew the menu in great detail and even recommended specific dishes. Honestly, he made the experience for us. The food was great. We ordered a wide variety of items, including 5 starters and all were excellent. Even the signature drink was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over RatedfoodxplrsDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I made reservations at this restaurant on 10/15/14. We started by sharing a Calamari which we have done in may restaurants that we frequent. I thought it was good, mainly because of the dipping sauce. My wife on the other hand was not impressed at all. She did not use much sauce and said that it had no flavor. Next my wife ordered a Filet medium and I ordered their Crab Stuffed Flounder. We were both very disappointed with our entrees. The worst part was getting a bill for $85.00 wit no alcohol consumed and before tip. Save your money and head for Huey's.
- Good casual restaurantsissibeeVIPDined on 10/11/2014There are différent bricked wall areas keeping the noise level low. The decor is nice with a casual feel. The service was very good.the oysters were delicious, as well as the shrimps and the seafood pasta. They also have a children menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- river side dining in SavannahtrickywooDined on 10/11/2014We all really enjoyed our experience at River House Seafood. They seated us, as requested, at a window table. Our waitress was extremely good and the food was excellent. The price was very reasonable for the standard of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savannah at it's FinestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014The ambiance, food, and view are the most notable features of this beautiful restaurant. I definitely enjoyed the shrimp and crawfish etouffee! The scene was very intimate yet child friendly. Would recommend to everyone!! A must visit while in Savannah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night out on townflyingfoodVIPDined on 9/26/2014The restaurant has a nice mood, white table clothes and music entertainment. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Great menu with very nice options. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Expensive And Food Wasn't Goodmaceats11Dined on 9/19/2014Went there our first night in town. Arrived at 8pm and were seated quickly. Our waitress was not very good. When asked if we could substitute slaw for something else she didn't list options just said what do you want instead. The lobster bisque was good but the oysters were room temperature along with our meals. Breading was falling off the shrimp as you dipped them in the sauce. The crab stuffed flounder had a large amount of bones and the linguine was cold. We ill not be going back.
- Great RestaurantSFdineDined on 9/18/2014Extensive menu, food outstanding, service very attentive, best of the best during our Savannah stay. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Old cotton warehouse, great food!KarenCVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had an early lunch at this River Street location. I am not a lover of fried green tomatoes, but I tried my dining companion's portion and I loved the.! The mustard and Vidalia onion relish, goat cheese, and peppery sauce were delicious accompaniments to the lightly battered green tomatoes. My appetizer was the baked oysters--mild cheese and Panko breadcrumbs with perfectly baked oysters. My burger was great and the lobster and crab bisque was very tasty. Would come here again on my next trip to Savannah.Special Features:
- great locationBuckoDined on 9/7/2014We were looking for good seafood in savannah and decided on this location due to reviews from locals....glad we did....had great cocktails and waiter was very knowledgeable of menu items....went with fried shrimp dinner and crab cake dinner...both were delicious and complementary bread was really good, we had seconds on bread as no soup or salad was offered with meal......desserts were to die for, had pecan pie which was rich and fresh, yummy......a large restaurant with lots of tables, could accommodate large parties or special occasions and we will visit here again since we loved everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodDavidRDined on 9/6/2014I took my family there on a vacation trip. Everyone was able to find something they wanted and enjoyed. Great fresh seafood selections. Low-lit interior dining area in the evening. Service was good but nothing above what was expected.Special Features:
- Last Minute ReservationCharlotteTravelsDined on 8/31/2014At the last minute we were looking for a reservation for Sunday night as the family was not thrilled with our current reservation at another restaurant. After reviewing there menu the family decided that this was where they wanted to go. We were seated in a quiet corner in the back of the restaurant away from the bar. Our waitress was attentive, but the food was just ok. Honestly the food was very expensive for what we got and we don't hesitate to spend $175 for our family of four to have a nice dinner. This meal just wasn't worth the money. The food was bland and we would not go back.Special Features:
- Ehh...LizVWRVIPDined on 8/30/2014Reviews were good so selected this restaurant for dinner on our trip to Savannah. Had higher expectations. Food was okay, kind of bland, nothing special. Service was great but wouldn't return.
- Great Food - Poor ServiceHate2complainDined on 8/24/2014The food was good, but we had a waiter who talked incessantly to the point of forgetting several items we asked him for. We waited 15 minutes after eating before he faves us attention and he was only at the next table discussing everything from the menu to the weather to the city. Our experience was awful, but I don't think it was indicative of all of the wait staff.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Everything was awesome ! Our server was great and the food was good as well. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A quiet lunch outDiningDivaNiaDined on 8/23/2014I selected this restaurant because of its location and because it has local seafood. The service was fast and courteous, and the food was beautiful and delicious. The view outside was of the river and the passers-by. It was a very relaxing afternoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tourest Trap with LOUSY FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014I eat at a lot of fine dining restaurants...and this is not fine dining! The food was awful...definitely no Chef involved in this food. I'm sorry I wasted an evening in Savannah in this place.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014The shrimp and grits were a table favorite. We would have liked a lot more crab in the crab cakes...too much filler!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!SCBlueDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I loved the food here. There was a live musician who was too loud for our taste, so we were quickly moved to another room away from the bar where it wasn't so overwhelming. Service was terrific, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Last minute choiceGagaDined on 8/6/2014Chose this restaurant when arriving in Savannah. This is one of many options on the river. Good Caesar salad. Pleasant waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Passing ThroughOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014My family of four made reservations, at the last minute on OpenTable no less, for 9:00 p.m. as we were stopping in Savannah for the night returning from Florida. We ended up arriving at 9:25, parking around here is non-existent on a Saturday night, but it was no problem. We had a wonderful waiter who everyone in our party felt was top notch. He recommended home made blu cheese covered potato chips, excellent, as was the lobster/crab bisque, the fried seafood platter, the classic iceberg wedge, and the rolls that were served just after we arrived with regular butter and spreadable blu cheese butter. Great ambiance and a real find. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ManagementLovesSeafoodDined on 8/1/2014Dinner took 2 hours. Waiter did what he could but his Manager blamed him. Shame on her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choiceBocaFeedVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great service...food was quite good. Alongside many bars, restaurants and pubs on River Street in Savannah, this was an excellent choice. Good live music and we weren't packed in with a lot of shoved-together tables. Friendly atmosphere. Go there!Special Features:
- The following 10 reviews are from the River House Seafood reviews archive.
- Great appetizerslovetoeatDined on 7/22/2014Instead of having 2 entrees, we decided to try 6 appetizers, which were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just MehRuns4FoodDined on 7/19/2014Our food was cooked well however it was not seasoned at all unless you consider the gallon of butter the fish was swimming in. Service was ok. To us it was not worth the money for food that was just average. We will try another seafood place next time we are in town.Special Features:
- Romantic dinnerPeggiDined on 7/11/2014We went there for my husband's 68th birthday. It was very quiet & romantic. I had the shrimp & grits. It was excellent. I would order it again. The house drink was awesome. I would defiantly go again.Special Features:
- Bad attitudejimfoodVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our waiter was annoyed by our presence it appeared and had a ba attitude the whole time. He was rude, short, and obnoxious. The food was decent although there were a few mistakes that were addressed.
- JennyDined on 6/15/2014We really enjoyed the experience! Would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/25/2014We always eat at River House Seafood every time we visit Savannah. It has a great atmosphere, food is good and it id quiet so you can talk to each other without screaming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the girlsCollieFlowerGirlVIPDined on 5/21/2014The was our first time at The River House...went with 2 friends & we were pleasantly surprised. The food was really go & the service was great!!!Special Features:
- Food was okay; service nonexistentBwintsDined on 5/16/2014The food here was okay, but nothing special considering the many other (better) options in Savannah. It seemed as though they skimped on some of the dishes, while others were creative but not that great. Our service was nearly non-existent. We sat outside and had to go into the restaurant twice to find our server. Overall I probably would rather try a different restaurant than eat here again.
- Still Best Riverside for SeafoodChristmasEveCelebrationVIPDined on 5/9/2014River House kept up with our good memories during yesterday's dinner - good food, great service and reasonable prices for value received.Special Features:
- Great View and FoodatlantadinerVIPDined on 5/8/2014Great restaurant on River St. overlooking the river. Can't beat the location on River St. The food was great including the Oscar Grouper and the Flounder.Special Features: