243 Northampton Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivergrille.com/
- Phone: (610) 923-5110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - to 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; CLOSED: Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from River Grille
The cuisine and surroundings of River Grille are contemporary and dynamic. Unlike many gourmet establishments, River Grille speaks the language of stylish value. River Grille is known for its energy and design. High ceilings, marbleized columns, minimalist paintings all contrast against its striking stainless steel open face kitchen. River Grille captures the style of the city without charging metropolitan prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
River Grille - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (31)special occasion (26)fit for foodies (25)romantic (16)great for lunch (15)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful, prepare to wait even with a reservationCBKfoodDined on 11/22/2014Great restaurant, the downside - extremely busy at night. We had a reservation and still had to wait 30 minutes for our table. Food and service was lovely but that long of a wait is a bit of a turn off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relax with fine foodNickDangerDined on 11/21/2014The chef delivers on flavor and texture -- lobster sliders, chicken spring rolls are especially good. Don't miss the River Grille martini, it's outstanding! Our favorite place in Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient if you're going to a showPookieswifeDined on 11/21/2014This was our second visit and it's still an OK choice if you're heading to the state theater for a quick meal, but don't expect an amazing experience before the show. The service was good, but we've already learned a few "tricks" if you plan to eat there - although I think we're off to find someplace new. 1) Stick with beer or wine versus getting a cocktail - they seem to have watered down spirits. 2) Don't order your food until you are ready to eat since the time period between ordering and getting food is minutes - it's clear that nothing is made to order with the exception of the pizzas (definitely the best option if you want something warm and fresh tasting). 3). Be careful with the seafood. We didn't order any, but we could tell whenever someone ordered it because you could smell it in the room which is NEVER a good sign. Looking around the room we narrowed it down to either the calamari or lobster rolls.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this placeRuizDined on 11/15/2014Great service. Food is always excellent. Always willing to accommodate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place tio EatJohnDined on 11/15/2014Great food in a comfortable environment. Took my wife to dinner for her birthday. The tuna tartar was great. As were the main dishes. Afterward we went to the bar for a night cap. Bar staff were friendly and knowledgeable. We'll be back,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KnightlyDined on 11/8/2014The River Grill Martini is outstanding! They have the best salads of any restaurant in the Lehigh Valley.Special Features:
- Best service ever!atFood3Dined on 11/7/2014I had the chance to come for a dinner at River grill with a group of colleagues, and we all had a great time. The food was delicious, the desserts were amazing, and the staff and service was excellent. I am certainly recommending this place to my other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VictaulicDined on 11/5/2014It was a great evening. The food is always so good there and our waitress was exceptionalSpecial Features:
- Good but not greatyank999VIPDined on 10/24/2014Been here before the menu has changed. All in all not bad, I had the lamb shank not bad maybe a little too much fat, should been crisper and really flavor was ok polenta was good except it was swimming in sauce which really didn't need to be there. The server was nice, but once we finished it felt as though they wanted us to leave before we were ready and restaurant was no even busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT , but too dark!PiscesGirl60Dined on 10/18/2014I have never been disappointed here, but as a sixty year old, it's a little dark to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes good but coldready2eatDined on 10/17/2014We have eaten here before and the food is good. However, on this visit, some of the food on the plate was hot and some was cold. Chef kindly handled our issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stand-by always surprisesfrannybabesDined on 10/14/2014Always wonderful wait staff. Food is always very good to outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backmakesreservationsDined on 10/11/2014We went for a group birthday celebration. My husband is a picky eater and to please him is amazing. He is a steak/potatoes kind of guy and his 16 oz. rib eye was of excellent quality and was cooked perfectly for him. Medium rare always seems to be an issue for restaurants for some reason. If someone in our group has a bad experience, it is usually him. But not this time....all (5) of us had wonderful meals. It was very loud but I could still hear the waitress...this seems to be the case with so many places today. Definitely a younger vibe.Special Features:
- Very GoodPennsylvaniapeteDined on 9/27/2014This was a great place to celebrate my wife’s birthday. The service was great. My food was fantastic. For an appetizer I have tuna tartare and for my main course I choose Lobster Ravioli. My wife was satisfied, but not ecstatic about her Chilean Sea bass. The price point for the food here is across the board. You really can eat on a fairly low budget, but you can go out all and get an entre in the $30s. The noise level is a bit on the high side. So don’t expect a peaceful romantic experience.Special Features:
- always greatcmelDined on 9/27/2014Have been several times to River Grille in Easton, PA, never disappointed. Great food, nicely prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceSusieeatsDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten here 3 times while visiting our Lafayette College student. Perfectly located right in town, delicious entrees and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but NoisyMEontheLakeVIPDined on 9/22/2014We had a good meal at River Grille at a reasonable price with good service. Fortunately, it was warm enough to sit outside because inside the bar-crowd was CrAZY noisy. Don't know whether it gets better when Happy Hour is over.Special Features:
- Review of River GrilleReviewsDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal Night.. Great service, Great food, Great wine..Always a winner with us, H & JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChrisVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a late dinner here on a Friday night, but still early enough before the bar scene took over. The food was fresh and enjoyable, while our server was attentive and on-point. The Caesar salad is simple but delicious as was the calamari. The black and blue ribeye is a must try, along with the scallops. Everyone in our party cleaned their plate! Definitely check out River Grille when in the Lehigh Valley.Special Features:
- SkipDined on 9/6/2014It is a nice restaurant in a not so nice area aesthetically , at least at present, and it would be great if Easton could do something about the rest. It does appear to be well policed and safe which is what one would expect and because of that it is worth going to.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!eatsemallupDined on 9/6/2014We ate in the window section of the restaurant, where you feel like you are outside, but don't have to worry about the weather. The décor is pleasant, the service was delightful, and the food was fantastic! We all had fish (sea bass, tilapia, tuna), and the meals were outstanding. The servers were very friendly, attentive and informative. It was a fabulous meal! We will surely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time but.....ReviewsDined on 8/23/2014Been going to River Grille for years. We always have a great meal & the atmosphere is vibrant. The girls that work as hostess, servers, etc. all look like models! I think a more attention should be given to the bathroom as the womens was not clean. We celebrated our 26th wedding Anniversary (noted on the reservation) this weekend with our children as we wanted them to experience the food & the atmposhere. I was a little disappointed that we did not even receive a complemntary drink or a piece of cake for our anniversary. That would have made the night much more notable. For that reason I could only give 4 stars. Just FYI I owned a few restaurants and I always made sure if there was a special day the person/s would feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDJMichaelADined on 8/16/2014The Food Was Awesome, Little Spicy On My Spaghetti But Still Delicious And My Wife's Was FantasticSpecial Features:
- First dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Met someone there for a first date. The date was not that great but the restaurant. was. Very friendly and nice staff.Special Features:
- Easton Excellence1mansopinionDined on 8/15/2014The River Grille continues to serve excellent food with top-notch service. We go often for lunch and dinner and are never disappointed. Their "front room" is a great place to hold a family or business party.Special Features:
- Scallops were delicious!Ljsmomma02Dined on 8/11/2014A friend suggested this restaurant from previous good experience. Made a reservation and was greeted by name at the door. We ordered the shrimp and biscuits as an appetizer, delicious, but only two! Wait staff that helped us wasn't overly friendly or outgoing but did the job. He suggested a wine and I was allowed to sample it. I had the scallops and my husband had the tilapia, both very good and a great dinner portion. Bill was around 75 with an appetizer, drinks, and entrees. Very fairly priced. I would go back to try something new on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotRayTDined on 8/9/2014We had a very nice dinner. The fish was cooked to perfection and the wine was good with it. It was a little too loud for romantic conversation. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousMarcsgsDined on 8/9/2014Went to the River Grille prior to a concert at State Theatre. Found the restaurant on tripadvisor. Food was superb, we had the Filet (like butter), the NY Strip (cooked perfectly), and swordfish served with the best brocollini ever. Our waitress was wonderful and the ambiance was very nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Booked this restaurant because of positive reviews. The kids loved the food and so did the adults, very clean, friendly staff, fast service and outstanding food!! A place you must eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud!KlbsDined on 8/1/2014Food was great but noise level was obnoxious. I do not appreciate spending a decent amount of $ on a meal when I can't even carry on a conversation with my dining party. Rude and loud dining patrons ruined what should have been a great family dinner into a poor experience where we couldnt wait to leave. Placement of dining tables is way too close as the waitstaff were constantly bumping into the tables and patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SusanDined on 8/1/2014Loved, loved, loved the food! The food was delicious and served beautifully! I only wish it wouldn't have been so loud. My husband has a hearing issue and the noise was so loud he could barely hear me. Service staff was wonderful! I would like to come back on a night that it wasn't as busy.Special Features:
- Excellentndirish7779Dined on 7/31/2014Second time at River Grille and still excellent. Food and service both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 184 reviews are from the River Grille reviews archive.
- restaurant weekchrissyhi1017Dined on 7/28/2014My husband and I moved to Easton 2 years ago and are still in the process of trying out new restaurants. River Grille was a hidden gem. I did not know much about it until I saw the menu during Easton's Summer Restaurant Week. I would absolutely recommend it! The food was great ( a tad pricey, but totally worth it!).Special Features:
- Great time with friends.RuizDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I took our close out of town friends to the River Grille for dinner. Had a great dinner. Very accommodating and helpful staff. Food was highly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!MColetteDined on 7/16/2014This little neighborhood gem is cozy, has great service and delicious food! A must for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of River GrilleReviewsDined on 6/28/2014Been dining at River Grille for many years. Very satisfied with all the food and wine. However, I just feel the prices of drinks are too high. Would luv to see some drink specials and bottles of wine for $20. Thank you, HelenaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG solid restaurant in Easton!JackiDined on 6/25/2014The 4 of us really enjoyed our dinner before we went to the State Theater. The food and service were excellent! Portions were very large including great salads (sharing recommended). We shared coconut shrimp, absolutely delicious. Grilled swordfish was done really well. My husband had the pasta with sausage- again large and he said it was very good. Our friends had Salmon and Tuna and both said their entrees were good. With the large portions, getting a salad to share or another appetizer would have been enough as we could not finish our entrees. I prefer eating in the back room and not in the bar area, but that is my preference. Enclosed glassed "outdoor area" too not that night as we ate fairly early. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in one day!GinoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Had such a great lunch here with my wife that we decided to return for dinner! Never did that before! Dinner was great too! Great service and tasty food prepared with care. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRuizDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner at the River Grill. We love the atmosphere and the food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSusiegDined on 6/14/2014We went here for our anniversary and they made us feel very special. They were out of the champagne that we requested but the sommelier more than made up for it by providing one that was comparable and also sending us a free appetizer. They also gave us a free dessert to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were both wonderful and I would certainly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.