243 Northampton Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivergrille.com/
- Phone: 6109235110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - to 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; CLOSED: Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from River Grille
The cuisine and surroundings of River Grille are contemporary and dynamic. Unlike many gourmet establishments, River Grille speaks the language of stylish value. River Grille is known for its energy and design. High ceilings, marbleized columns, minimalist paintings all contrast against its striking stainless steel open face kitchen. River Grille captures the style of the city without charging metropolitan prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
River Grille - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (28)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (22)fit for foodies (21)romantic (14)hot spot (11)great for lunch (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (8)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (4)Show More
- GREAT , but too dark!PiscesGirl60Dined on 10/18/2014I have never been disappointed here, but as a sixty year old, it's a little dark to read the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tastes good but coldOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/17/2014We have eaten here before and the food is good. However, on this visit, some of the food on the plate was hot and some was cold. Chef kindly handled our issue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stand-by always surprisesfrannybabesDined on 10/14/2014Always wonderful wait staff. Food is always very good to outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be backmakesreservationsDined on 10/11/2014We went for a group birthday celebration. My husband is a picky eater and to please him is amazing. He is a steak/potatoes kind of guy and his 16 oz. rib eye was of excellent quality and was cooked perfectly for him. Medium rare always seems to be an issue for restaurants for some reason. If someone in our group has a bad experience, it is usually him. But not this time....all (5) of us had wonderful meals. It was very loud but I could still hear the waitress...this seems to be the case with so many places today. Definitely a younger vibe.Special Features:
- Very GoodPennsylvaniapeteDined on 9/27/2014This was a great place to celebrate my wife’s birthday. The service was great. My food was fantastic. For an appetizer I have tuna tartare and for my main course I choose Lobster Ravioli. My wife was satisfied, but not ecstatic about her Chilean Sea bass. The price point for the food here is across the board. You really can eat on a fairly low budget, but you can go out all and get an entre in the $30s. The noise level is a bit on the high side. So don’t expect a peaceful romantic experience.Special Features:
- always greatcmelDined on 9/27/2014Have been several times to River Grille in Easton, PA, never disappointed. Great food, nicely prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Lovely dining experienceSusieeatsDined on 9/26/2014We have eaten here 3 times while visiting our Lafayette College student. Perfectly located right in town, delicious entrees and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of River GrilleReviewsDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal Night.. Great service, Great food, Great wine..Always a winner with us, H & JSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!ChrisVIPDined on 9/12/2014Had a late dinner here on a Friday night, but still early enough before the bar scene took over. The food was fresh and enjoyable, while our server was attentive and on-point. The Caesar salad is simple but delicious as was the calamari. The black and blue ribeye is a must try, along with the scallops. Everyone in our party cleaned their plate! Definitely check out River Grille when in the Lehigh Valley.Special Features:
- SkipDined on 9/6/2014It is a nice restaurant in a not so nice area aesthetically , at least at present, and it would be great if Easton could do something about the rest. It does appear to be well policed and safe which is what one would expect and because of that it is worth going to.Special Features:
- Great dining experience!eatsemallupDined on 9/6/2014We ate in the window section of the restaurant, where you feel like you are outside, but don't have to worry about the weather. The décor is pleasant, the service was delightful, and the food was fantastic! We all had fish (sea bass, tilapia, tuna), and the meals were outstanding. The servers were very friendly, attentive and informative. It was a fabulous meal! We will surely return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Time but.....ReviewsDined on 8/23/2014Been going to River Grille for years. We always have a great meal & the atmosphere is vibrant. The girls that work as hostess, servers, etc. all look like models! I think a more attention should be given to the bathroom as the womens was not clean. We celebrated our 26th wedding Anniversary (noted on the reservation) this weekend with our children as we wanted them to experience the food & the atmposhere. I was a little disappointed that we did not even receive a complemntary drink or a piece of cake for our anniversary. That would have made the night much more notable. For that reason I could only give 4 stars. Just FYI I owned a few restaurants and I always made sure if there was a special day the person/s would feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceDJMichaelADined on 8/16/2014The Food Was Awesome, Little Spicy On My Spaghetti But Still Delicious And My Wife's Was FantasticSpecial Features:
- First dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Met someone there for a first date. The date was not that great but the restaurant. was. Very friendly and nice staff.Special Features:
- Easton Excellence1mansopinionDined on 8/15/2014The River Grille continues to serve excellent food with top-notch service. We go often for lunch and dinner and are never disappointed. Their "front room" is a great place to hold a family or business party.Special Features:
- Scallops were delicious!Ljsmomma02Dined on 8/11/2014A friend suggested this restaurant from previous good experience. Made a reservation and was greeted by name at the door. We ordered the shrimp and biscuits as an appetizer, delicious, but only two! Wait staff that helped us wasn't overly friendly or outgoing but did the job. He suggested a wine and I was allowed to sample it. I had the scallops and my husband had the tilapia, both very good and a great dinner portion. Bill was around 75 with an appetizer, drinks, and entrees. Very fairly priced. I would go back to try something new on the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotRayTDined on 8/9/2014We had a very nice dinner. The fish was cooked to perfection and the wine was good with it. It was a little too loud for romantic conversation. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ScrumptiousMarcsgsDined on 8/9/2014Went to the River Grille prior to a concert at State Theatre. Found the restaurant on tripadvisor. Food was superb, we had the Filet (like butter), the NY Strip (cooked perfectly), and swordfish served with the best brocollini ever. Our waitress was wonderful and the ambiance was very nice.Special Features:
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Booked this restaurant because of positive reviews. The kids loved the food and so did the adults, very clean, friendly staff, fast service and outstanding food!! A place you must eatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Loud!KlbsDined on 8/1/2014Food was great but noise level was obnoxious. I do not appreciate spending a decent amount of $ on a meal when I can't even carry on a conversation with my dining party. Rude and loud dining patrons ruined what should have been a great family dinner into a poor experience where we couldnt wait to leave. Placement of dining tables is way too close as the waitstaff were constantly bumping into the tables and patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!SusanDined on 8/1/2014Loved, loved, loved the food! The food was delicious and served beautifully! I only wish it wouldn't have been so loud. My husband has a hearing issue and the noise was so loud he could barely hear me. Service staff was wonderful! I would like to come back on a night that it wasn't as busy.Special Features:
- Excellentndirish7779Dined on 7/31/2014Second time at River Grille and still excellent. Food and service both great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekchrissyhi1017Dined on 7/28/2014My husband and I moved to Easton 2 years ago and are still in the process of trying out new restaurants. River Grille was a hidden gem. I did not know much about it until I saw the menu during Easton's Summer Restaurant Week. I would absolutely recommend it! The food was great ( a tad pricey, but totally worth it!).Special Features:
- Great time with friends.RuizDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I took our close out of town friends to the River Grille for dinner. Had a great dinner. Very accommodating and helpful staff. Food was highly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!MColetteDined on 7/16/2014This little neighborhood gem is cozy, has great service and delicious food! A must for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of River GrilleReviewsDined on 6/28/2014Been dining at River Grille for many years. Very satisfied with all the food and wine. However, I just feel the prices of drinks are too high. Would luv to see some drink specials and bottles of wine for $20. Thank you, HelenaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG solid restaurant in Easton!JackiDined on 6/25/2014The 4 of us really enjoyed our dinner before we went to the State Theater. The food and service were excellent! Portions were very large including great salads (sharing recommended). We shared coconut shrimp, absolutely delicious. Grilled swordfish was done really well. My husband had the pasta with sausage- again large and he said it was very good. Our friends had Salmon and Tuna and both said their entrees were good. With the large portions, getting a salad to share or another appetizer would have been enough as we could not finish our entrees. I prefer eating in the back room and not in the bar area, but that is my preference. Enclosed glassed "outdoor area" too not that night as we ate fairly early. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 179 reviews are from the River Grille reviews archive.
- Twice in one day!GinoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Had such a great lunch here with my wife that we decided to return for dinner! Never did that before! Dinner was great too! Great service and tasty food prepared with care. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRuizDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner at the River Grill. We love the atmosphere and the food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSusiegDined on 6/14/2014We went here for our anniversary and they made us feel very special. They were out of the champagne that we requested but the sommelier more than made up for it by providing one that was comparable and also sending us a free appetizer. They also gave us a free dessert to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were both wonderful and I would certainly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okscookDined on 6/14/2014The food was good but not great considering the price. The crab cakes were average. My husband said his black and bleu steak was very good. Steaks were more rare than medium, which that did not bother him or my step daughter. I imagine some people may not like that. The waitress was very friendly and efficient, but you could easily tell the other helpers were quite stressed on the busy night. Unfortunately, I couldn't help but feel rushed through the meal. Probably wouldn't return unless we are in the area.
- Great food, great service!happydaysDined on 6/5/2014The chicken parm was delicious! The service was great. We sat on the patio area near the giant open windows, which gave of a sense of dining outdoors. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff & excellent food!MonicaFromNJDined on 5/30/2014I'm impressed with any place that has on-the-ball bus boys. My boyfriend got up from the table to go to the restroom and his napkin fell from his lap to the floor without him noticing. As soon as he walked away, a bus boy immediately swept in and placed a fresh napkin on the table and removed the old one. He did it with such finesse. Also important, the grub is excellent. I had their mouthwatering asparagus bisque and the crab cakes. I wasn't fond of the Cajun remoulade sauce, but luckily, the chef kept it to the side of the plate instead of drizzling it right on the crab cakes. I'm from NJ and that means crab cakes don't NEED sauce! My meal was accompanied by cooked-to-perfection (meaning not overcooked!) asparagus & Heavenly jasmine rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedGinaBDined on 5/24/2014The steps of service were pretty much lacking. Our waitress came over after about 10 minutes and greeted us with, "are you all set to order?" No hello, no introduction. It was kind of weird. No specials explained to us, we had to ask. My water glass had a crack in it and I cut my finger. They gave us free dessert for the mishap, which was nice. The food was very good, except my vegetables were so beyond salty!!! We still left 20%, even though there's a difference between being busy and not really caring.Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationCathyDined on 5/24/2014We dined here after my daughter's graduation from Lafayette College. The food quality and service were excellent. Many families were there celebrating and the staff handled the added customers very well. We would dine there again if we were visiting Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014First time here. Excellent dinner! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food but noisyLafayettetgradDined on 5/23/2014Food we all had was very good. Two different pizzas and pasta with shrimp and crabmeat. Service was fine. There when we wanted something but not hovering. But it was very loud and could be hard to hear others at our table at times. Many large groups and they tend to be loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Easton eateryHankDined on 5/23/2014Outstanding food in the heart of the revitalized City of Easton, Pa.Special Features:
- River Grille-Easton, PAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first visit to the River Grille. The food was tasty, the staff was friendly and courteous although the wait for the food was a little longer than I wanted. The restaurant itself is very noisy and they squeeze alot of people in so that you need to do quite a bit of "pardon me, excuse me" if your table is towards the back. We were with a group of 6 and could not hear the conversation of the people across the table from us due to the noise level. In the restaurant's defense, it was graduation weekend and they were filled to capacity so that might have had something to do with the cramped space and noise level. All in all, I found it to be one of the better restaurants in Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/area/staffjerzydevilDined on 5/17/20141st time at this restaurant, Saturday night 7pm dinner for four. Seated immediately, quick service by both the manager for drinks and waiter for food/appetizers. HIGHLY recommend the lobstaer sliders for appetizer! Dinner's we chose, chilean sea bass, scallops , filet mignon and shrimp w/rosotto. All meals were great. Highly recommend this restaurant for couples and for bringing a business client as was my case. Other reviews i read had some complaints of loud noise/atmosphere. We ate in the back, near the kitchen. Found it very easy to have conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.