243 Northampton Street
Easton, PA 18042Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.therivergrille.com/
- Phone: 6109235110
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30 am - to 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; CLOSED: Sundays
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nathan Roth
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from River Grille
The cuisine and surroundings of River Grille are contemporary and dynamic. Unlike many gourmet establishments, River Grille speaks the language of stylish value. River Grille is known for its energy and design. High ceilings, marbleized columns, minimalist paintings all contrast against its striking stainless steel open face kitchen. River Grille captures the style of the city without charging metropolitan prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
River Grille - Best Restaurants in Easton ›
River Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since March 30 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)fit for foodies (26)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (24)romantic (18)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (9)late-night find (8)hot spot (8)notable wine list (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great time with friends.RuizDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I took our close out of town friends to the River Grille for dinner. Had a great dinner. Very accommodating and helpful staff. Food was highly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome!MColetteDined on 7/16/2014This little neighborhood gem is cozy, has great service and delicious food! A must for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of River GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014Been dining at River Grille for many years. Very satisfied with all the food and wine. However, I just feel the prices of drinks are too high. Would luv to see some drink specials and bottles of wine for $20. Thank you, HelenaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VG solid restaurant in Easton!JackiDined on 6/25/2014The 4 of us really enjoyed our dinner before we went to the State Theater. The food and service were excellent! Portions were very large including great salads (sharing recommended). We shared coconut shrimp, absolutely delicious. Grilled swordfish was done really well. My husband had the pasta with sausage- again large and he said it was very good. Our friends had Salmon and Tuna and both said their entrees were good. With the large portions, getting a salad to share or another appetizer would have been enough as we could not finish our entrees. I prefer eating in the back room and not in the bar area, but that is my preference. Enclosed glassed "outdoor area" too not that night as we ate fairly early. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Twice in one day!GinoVIPDined on 6/21/2014Had such a great lunch here with my wife that we decided to return for dinner! Never did that before! Dinner was great too! Great service and tasty food prepared with care. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerRuizDined on 6/14/2014My husband and I had dinner at the River Grill. We love the atmosphere and the food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSusiegDined on 6/14/2014We went here for our anniversary and they made us feel very special. They were out of the champagne that we requested but the sommelier more than made up for it by providing one that was comparable and also sending us a free appetizer. They also gave us a free dessert to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were both wonderful and I would certainly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just okscookDined on 6/14/2014The food was good but not great considering the price. The crab cakes were average. My husband said his black and bleu steak was very good. Steaks were more rare than medium, which that did not bother him or my step daughter. I imagine some people may not like that. The waitress was very friendly and efficient, but you could easily tell the other helpers were quite stressed on the busy night. Unfortunately, I couldn't help but feel rushed through the meal. Probably wouldn't return unless we are in the area.
- Great food, great service!happydaysDined on 6/5/2014The chicken parm was delicious! The service was great. We sat on the patio area near the giant open windows, which gave of a sense of dining outdoors. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive staff & excellent food!MonicaFromNJDined on 5/30/2014I'm impressed with any place that has on-the-ball bus boys. My boyfriend got up from the table to go to the restroom and his napkin fell from his lap to the floor without him noticing. As soon as he walked away, a bus boy immediately swept in and placed a fresh napkin on the table and removed the old one. He did it with such finesse. Also important, the grub is excellent. I had their mouthwatering asparagus bisque and the crab cakes. I wasn't fond of the Cajun remoulade sauce, but luckily, the chef kept it to the side of the plate instead of drizzling it right on the crab cakes. I'm from NJ and that means crab cakes don't NEED sauce! My meal was accompanied by cooked-to-perfection (meaning not overcooked!) asparagus & Heavenly jasmine rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very impressedGinaBDined on 5/24/2014The steps of service were pretty much lacking. Our waitress came over after about 10 minutes and greeted us with, "are you all set to order?" No hello, no introduction. It was kind of weird. No specials explained to us, we had to ask. My water glass had a crack in it and I cut my finger. They gave us free dessert for the mishap, which was nice. The food was very good, except my vegetables were so beyond salty!!! We still left 20%, even though there's a difference between being busy and not really caring.Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationCathyDined on 5/24/2014We dined here after my daughter's graduation from Lafayette College. The food quality and service were excellent. Many families were there celebrating and the staff handled the added customers very well. We would dine there again if we were visiting Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014First time here. Excellent dinner! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Good food but noisyLafayettetgradDined on 5/23/2014Food we all had was very good. Two different pizzas and pasta with shrimp and crabmeat. Service was fine. There when we wanted something but not hovering. But it was very loud and could be hard to hear others at our table at times. Many large groups and they tend to be loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Easton eateryHankDined on 5/23/2014Outstanding food in the heart of the revitalized City of Easton, Pa.Special Features:
- River Grille-Easton, PAOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/23/2014This was our first visit to the River Grille. The food was tasty, the staff was friendly and courteous although the wait for the food was a little longer than I wanted. The restaurant itself is very noisy and they squeeze alot of people in so that you need to do quite a bit of "pardon me, excuse me" if your table is towards the back. We were with a group of 6 and could not hear the conversation of the people across the table from us due to the noise level. In the restaurant's defense, it was graduation weekend and they were filled to capacity so that might have had something to do with the cramped space and noise level. All in all, I found it to be one of the better restaurants in Easton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/area/staffjerzydevilDined on 5/17/20141st time at this restaurant, Saturday night 7pm dinner for four. Seated immediately, quick service by both the manager for drinks and waiter for food/appetizers. HIGHLY recommend the lobstaer sliders for appetizer! Dinner's we chose, chilean sea bass, scallops , filet mignon and shrimp w/rosotto. All meals were great. Highly recommend this restaurant for couples and for bringing a business client as was my case. Other reviews i read had some complaints of loud noise/atmosphere. We ate in the back, near the kitchen. Found it very easy to have conversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in EastonRainmanmoDined on 5/13/2014Staff was outstanding and knew their menu. It was clean and very relaxing. The food was outstanding and cooked to perfection. A great experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back soonNoteasytoimpressDined on 5/13/2014Outstanding restaurant, brought a client in for dinner and he was blown away. The steak was delicious, and the staff couldn't have been more attentive. The owner came over to say hello and to suggest an appetizer. It was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyablehappytrails69Dined on 5/11/2014We were happy to find the River Grille. We especially enjoy the steak!
- Great spot in downtown Easton!Food4lifeDined on 5/11/2014Enjoy a great selection of foods and drinks prepared by a discerning chef. Foods were fresh, colorful, healthful and delicious. Service was terrific. Fun and relaxing time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeNanbearyDined on 5/9/2014Foods is great and the area is really cozy. I want to try to eat at lunch time. We would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and BadDirectormanDined on 5/3/2014The food was delicious and the drinks were quite good. Our female server was very efficient. However, very loud and the front door being wedged open allowed cigarette smoke to infiltrate the room and irritate my wife and I. I think I would prefer going for lunch when it would be a little more subdued. All I all, an 80% rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationPhilDined on 4/28/2014First time dining here. Had great food options for teenagers through adult. Great service as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant unplanned experienceZmstangDined on 4/26/2014Great experience for an unplanned Saturday night dinner; The menu has a great variety for anyone's taste. Wonderful staff, very accommodating to special dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- close to State Theatre-grat findluvmaggianosDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the salmon especially. Would definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale DiningSusieeatsDined on 4/20/2014Delicious dinner with impeccable service. Our daughter who attends College nearby really enjoys the food here !Special Features:
- Loved it!!SmartdinningDined on 4/20/2014Our family ate at River Grille Easter for bunch we are hoping they decide to have this every year. It was a beautiful day so we go to eat in the area where the windows open. It was elegant dinning at a casual price!!!.........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would have been terrific if noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2014level had been anywhere near tolerable. We could not even talk with each other. There are many options to deal with noise in a space this size, and something should be done here. Due to this problem, I cannot recommend RG to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantHimmelDined on 4/12/2014Food was great. Service excellent. Noise level was terrible. 6 people at out table and could not have a conversation with anyone. Loud table behind us which spoiled it for everyone in the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theatre DiningJESTANOJEVDined on 4/5/2014We have never been to Easton to dine before this. We had tickets for a show at the State Theatre and wanted to have dinner nearby.Iwent online and made reservations at the River Cafe. When we got to Easton, we mistakenly went to the River Grille. It turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. Excellent food, good service and very nice restaurant. The noise level is a bit of a distraction but very thing else was first class. I would reccommend this restaurant to all who enjoy fine dining. I give it 5 stars for all but the noise issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and food.ChaseDined on 4/5/2014Excellent service and food. Were not rushed...plan 90 minutes to 2 hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went with a group of 4. FoodanonDined on 4/4/2014Went with a group of 4. Food was excellent. Service was attentive but not hovering. Great place to for dinner before a show.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in EastonJohnDined on 4/2/2014Met a colleague traveling for work from Chicago for dinner. Service was prompt and polite. The food was very good. I had the swordfish my colleauge had the crab pasta. The wine list was short, but adequete. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 149 reviews are from the River Grille reviews archive.
- Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/29/2014We love coming to th River Grille. The service is always spot on and the food is fantastic. My husband and I had the beet salad, tuna tartare and each had a pasta dish. Mine the Bianca and his the Occiarita w/ homemade sausage. We get the second often as it is extremely flavorful. The menu is thoughtful and diverse. From seafood, to pasta to steaks, there is somethng for everyone and it is reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Tasty food on a rainy nightLeopardVIPDined on 3/29/2014Been here many times. Food seems to be getting better too. Only complaint i would have its that they weren't too busy so the people with the water pitchers were coming around too much - at least we werent thirsty. Food and service was great otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great night with friends!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/21/2014The Food was delicious and staff was attentive. Would definitely recommend to a friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner!johnwDined on 3/15/2014My wife and I had dinner on a Saturday night and we really enjoyed the entire experience. At first we were seated near the entrance to the rear dining area and the owner quickly can and seated us near a wall for more privacy. Our waitress was very pleasant and provided us with excellent service. The food was also fantastic. The ambiance was very nice and the atmosphere was very lively. My wife and I have three children and we very seldom go out on a date so we expect a lot when we we go to a nice restaurant. The River Grille was a great experience and we will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a good dinnerLehighcaneDined on 3/14/2014Didn't have any plans and looked for available table. We had never been to the restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. Great service, nice atmosphere and great food, very enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was very good.BhweoDined on 3/7/2014Everything was very good. We arrived an hour early but were accommodated immediately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.