River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant
300 East Lapotac Blvd
Edmonton, AB T7X3Y3Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivercreeresort.com/sage.html
- Phone: 7809302636x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm, Saturday-Friday 5:30 pm- 11:00pm, Sunday Dinner 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Mondays-CLOSED
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Christophe Ithurritze
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have a private & semi private room offering an ideal environment for business dinners and social gatherings alike.
- Private Party Contact: Cam Rutten 7809302737x
A word from River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant
Enjoy an evening at our upscale signature restaurant, comfortably located in the River Creek Resort & Casino.
Complimentary Valet Parking......
Enjoy an evening at our upscale signature restaurant, comfortably located in the River Creek Resort & Casino.
Complimentary Valet Parking......
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Enoch ›
River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (17)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (8)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- not that impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014The food was ok and the service was great but the prices where way too high in my opinion. I mean a low end 7 oz. glass of wine was $15.00, so I doubt that I will dine there again.Special Features:
- You got to know when to hold em.FoodNinjaDined on 10/15/2014Went here with my Grandma who was visiting from Saskatoon before the Kenny Rogers show. We got the dinner for 2 which was a bit of a disappointment. The chicken breast was bland, the lobster was over cooked, and my steak came way less cooked than the medium well I had ordered. The Shrimp were the tastiest, Calamari was yummy too. Service was decent. But for a 175.00 bill for two with no alcohol, I felt a bit jipped.Special Features:
- Not worth the moneyBabybeeDined on 10/15/2014I was very disappointed with the amount of food and quality for the price we paid! Our food was served barely warm which quickly turned cold very fast. Had the lobster dinner for two, I wish they had the butter with the candles, but they had just the tiny dish of butter which was cold, hard to send it back 3times, to which the server replied ""it can't be cold" like we were complaining for nothing. Finally we got some warm butter to which we dipped the rest of our food to heat it up. Sad! If we weren't going to a concert that night we would have left. We wouldn't go back, nor would I suggest to anyone!Special Features:
- Wonderful experienefinediningforusDined on 10/11/2014The service, ambiance and food were al outstanding - definitely will attend again - recommend to friends and familySpecial Features:
- wonderful eveningSebastienDined on 10/4/2014The food was perfect - flavourful and fresh. Service by Alex was right on - attentive and knowledge. We will be back for sure - thanks for a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014Great restuarant and great service, Never disappointed.Special Features:
- Amazing Menu and Great ServicepiqpstVIPDined on 9/27/2014The menu and food was amazing and the service was excellent. Definitely give Sage a try - you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outoutoftownersDined on 9/26/2014We picked this restaurant for our Anniversary dinner based on our previous experience. Again, the food and service were both excellent and we would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys the same.Special Features:
- Quite dissapointedpoortasteDined on 9/20/2014My wife and I booked an evening at Sage with another couple on Saturday night for our anniversary and it was overall very disappointing. We ordered the 100 shared meal with steak, chicken, lobster etc.....the presentation was poor, the food was certainly not fresh in any regard. The lobster was horrible. The manager offered to get us another one, but honestly, having seen two on the plate I would not want another. My wife did not eat hers. The waiter was friendly enough, but then forgot about us when it came time to pay the bill. I will not be recommending this restaurant to any of my friends. We have been to the River Cree 10-12 times in the past two years but this was not a drawing card for sure.
- Food was not goodDeeplydisappointedDined on 9/19/2014I was so disappointed. Service was ok.. Food was not! Chicken was dry, lobster over cooked and veggies were cold. Dessert was very ordinary and tasteless. So disappointed.Special Features:
- Ruined birthday dinnerMrsAntoDined on 9/19/2014We booked dinner as part of a birthday celebration. We booked so we had 2 hours for our dinner as we were also going to a show. It took 20 minutes to get our wine, it took another 20 minutes or more to get our salad and we never got our main meal, every table that came in after us was served and were gone as we sat and repeatedly ask if our meals would be coming soon. Our meals never came and we had to leave for the show with empty tummies and not at all happy. totally ruined a birthday dinner.
- Great ExperienceBirthdayBashDined on 9/13/2014I booked a birthday supper for my wife and a few friends. When I was booking I was not clear on the size of our group. Up to 14. Ended up being 7. The staff were very accommodating for the booking and followed up several times. We had a private room and our server was extremely attentive yet not intrusive. The food was excellent from the appetizers to the dessert. The menu is not large but has something yummy for all tastes. We enjoyed our meals then stayed and socialized for at least an hour afterwards. We were not rushed at all and the service was great all the way through. I would definitely recommend booking a special occasion here or just going for a nice dinner with your partner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sage Rest experience so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/12/20144 of us dined, 3 ordered the halibut, and all of them were over done and dry, after specifically asking for this $36 entree not to be over done. We also noticed a patron next to our table ordered the same and it appeared dry as well. Appy's were tasty, and the Lobster bisque was full of lobster meat, which was quite nice. They did comp us a bottle of wine for the dry fish, but underwhelmed with the experience. Probably will not go back.
- Great Steak and lobster!northernkittenDined on 9/3/2014We have dined at this restaurant before but just recently heard about the steak and lobster deal. The food was very good and so was the service. The dinner only included half a lobster tail which was a little disappointing but overall the meal was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special date nightCKEdmontonDined on 8/30/2014This place is a good choice if your looking to spend a little extra on a meal. Food tasted great but was a little disappointed on meat portions considering the amount you pay for it. My chicken was definitely not worth $30. Other than that no other complaints.Special Features:
- EricDined on 8/30/2014The food and service were good. We chose the European special, a multi-course meal. while it was good, the time between courses was far too long. Our total time in the restaurant was nearly three hours, mostly due to waiting for the next course to arrive. Other tables beside us had two parties come and go before we were finished. It would have be useful for the server to advise us ahead of time about how long the meal would take. Our main concern, however, was the level of smoke coming in from the casino, which very much detracted from the overall experience. We would expect a restaurant to be a smoke-free environment--poorly designed open concept. While the food was good, we would not go back again because of the smoke.
- Cold foodSweetDined on 8/23/2014We had to send back the lobster bisque, mushroom toast and the lamb. All were cold and under cooked. They all came back microwaved. The soup was then too hot to eat. The mushroom toast was soggy, and could not be picked up to be dipped in the squash soup which was also microwaved. The lamb came raw, was ordered medium rare, came back well done from the microwave. A terrible experience. The manager said he would pick up our bill and then changed his mind and picked up the wine , which was weird because it was the ONLY good thing about the dinner.
- Surprizing Deal;LipstickandtripsDined on 8/22/2014The restaurant was not full so the service was good. Both cpls choose the dinner for 2 and the selection was quite varied and cooked to our request. All were full..a good choice to sample the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & Service!Loves2eatDined on 8/8/2014The food was outstanding...try the wild boar chop as well if you like fries their home cut fries with the marmalade ketchup was delish! Great wine list too. The service was outstanding, Anja rocked. However, I wouldn't go back because of how smokey it was in the restaurant from the casino...ruined the atmosphere and ambience...can't call it fine dining when it's filled with smoke.Special Features:
- excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Have been coming for years. The food is pretty good and it is a fun night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoAnnDined on 8/1/2014The appetizers were not very good, had to return the Calamari as it was too salty, the mushroom on the toast was burnt that was returned also, and the mussels half of them were empty or so small (he did not return those). The entree's were good. There wine list is too expensives if you want to buy a bottle, the one that the waitress recommended was $110.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/13/2014The menu had various amount of wine to try and were from different regions of the world, the appetizer was delicious the calamari were flavorful light and crispy with a nice citrus dill dipping sauce that was not heavy, the main course dish I had was full of flavor, the vegtables and meat had great flavor and the meat was tender enough that it melted in your mouth and the pastry it was served on was light and flaky, my only question was the price may could have been several dollars cheaper.Special Features:
- Still A Good ChoiceBigAlDined on 7/5/2014Heard and read a lot of negative online about recent changes at Sage with the new chef, poor service and high prices but was pleasantly surprised with our recent visit. The service was excellent and unobtrusive. The halibut and scallop entres' were superb and cooked to perfection - very tasty. Great to see they kept the beet salad on the menu and the "fireballs" spicy kobe meatball starter was outstanding with unique flavour. Very good. Would like to see the salmon or arctic char back on the menu and maybe another chicken selection. The steaks are fairly high priced considering your side dishes are all charged separately. The ambiance is very nice, upscale, modern but fairly noisy from the casino action just off the open entrance. Well doneSpecial Features:
- The following 426 reviews are from the River Cree Resort & Casino - Sage Restaurant reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014We booked a table for four for a birthday dinner.Our waitress was very friendly and attentive.We chose a reisling wine that was excellent to go with our Calamari appetizer.Everyone ordered the filet and all were perfectly cooked to order.I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I am looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Different experience. We live in Edmonton, and had a staycation of sorts. We stayed at the hotel, played at the casino, ate at Sage, and went to a concert at The Venue. Sage was expensive, but the food was good. Sage was just part of the overall experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive!ASmythDined on 5/30/2014The service was superb! One of the chefs had time to come and talk with some of the tables, so we got to ask questions. Everything on the menu is made in house and super fresh. Nothing is frozen (except the yummy creamy ice-cream!). Because the Scallops are such high quality they cooked them MR so the were tender and delicous. If you like a mustardy heat I suggest the fireball. I'm coming back on Wednesday for their raw oyster night and some wonderful wine!Special Features:
- A great Evening with my wifeTeafortwoDined on 5/30/2014First time my wife and I have ever been to Sage restaurant in the River Cree Resort. Very enjoyable evening. Oysters were incredible. Steak was good. Service was very good except it was too fast. We barely finished our oysters and the main course was coming out. Other than that it was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sage adviceDebraDined on 5/30/2014The four of us thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience at Sage on Friday night! The only pitfall is the smell of smoke from the casino, that's a shame!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where's the Seafood??DinerDined on 5/18/2014My husband and I went to Sage for a special night out and ordered the seafood iced platter for 2 for $80.00 We thought that would be plenty for the two of us. We got 4 giant shrimp, some tough cold smoked fish, (certainly not salmon) a few clams and some mussels. Nothing else. The platter it came on was filled with black rocks the same colour as the mussels so it looked like we were getting lots. If we had gone to the grocery store and bought the seafood it would have cost us less than $20.00. There were no side dishes, salads or anything with it. Not worth it. I won't be ordering that again!!Special Features:
- new sage versus old sageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014The sage with the new chef and menu is a few steps down in taste and selection from the old sage.
- Food Not worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We were here May 10th. My family has been many times and had always raved about the food. Apparently they have a new chef who has raised the prices and reduced the quantity and quality of food. The burger went from $18 to $28 and my 5 scallops were $34! Very bland and not filling at all! The food all around was tasteless. The only really good dish was the Lobster Bisque, however getting more than 6 tablespoons would have been nice! Anya, our server, was amazing! She was excellent and handled the situation brilliantly. We spoke to the manager to advise of our feelings and again, handelled very professionally. However, I dont think we will rush back to the Sage anytime soon.Special Features:
- Hit and MissOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014We were pleased with our first visit to Sage so we decided to go again...not the same result. Holy Pricy Batman! Just your 10 oz steak will cost $40 then you have to add a side which ranged from $8-$15. Have you EVER head your steak served to you cut in HALF?!?! The "special" was $36 and was a steak with honey/blueberry glaze, potatoes and fresh veggies. Plates came steak cut in half with square of potatoes. "Fresh Veggies" came in gravy boat was for all 3 people who had the special. I ordered the mushroom stuffed chicken - it was a leg and thigh! barely cooked enough and could not even find the stuffing. VERY VERY disappointed.
- Not worth ItOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Portions are way to small for price.. Restaurant tries to be something it is not .. its not a trendy upscale restaurant ... 28 bucks for a burger .. there shouldn't even be a burger on the menu, this is FINE dining, not a burger joint
- Excellent as alwaysSandTVIPDined on 4/27/2014The direction Chef Shane Chartrand has taken the menu is very pleasing. He and his sous chefs are a fantastic team! The calibre of food is top notch and we are excited to try the new dishes on the menu. The staff is always friendly and helpful. We feel like we are among friends when we dine here. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentDiner1Dined on 4/26/2014We have dined at Sage many times in the past and I couldn't believe the change in service and food quality. I am sooo disappointed, would no longer recommend!
- great serviceKatesreviewDined on 4/26/2014Food was good. had the Elk special. Could have been a bit warmer but the taste was nice. I found it was expensive, appies were not bad price but the wine & main meal was way to expensive, and not over generous. I do not like places where you order your steak and pay very high price for it and then they want you to buy a vegie and potato for another 15.00. That is just not right.... so on that principle I will not go back for dinner. A bottle of ordinary wine started about 45.00 or 50.00. But if you haven't tried it I would recommend you do. The server was really good and it was comfortable there with a good ambience. If they were open for lunch & had a cheaper menu I would go back.Special Features:
- OK, but pricy and small portionscat1Dined on 4/26/2014Went for 5:30pm on a Saturday, and it was quiet. Ordered calamari for an appetizer - was good. The special was Elk meat for $43, and stuffed chicken for $36. Small portions, and no potatoes or rice included in price. Some small veggies. Not what we expected for the price. Didn't enjoy the chicken....could have made it at home for way less and better tasting. Nothing special about it. Very disappointing, so we skipped dessert. Good thing we had an appetizer, otherwise we would have been very hungry. Sorry, but we will not return here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old versus newOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2014With the leaving of chef Christoff the menu has changed. There is less selection and the option of a half lobster had been eliminated. Also a few choices were sold out, none the less still tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service from AaronsimonkaDined on 4/18/2014Good food, good service! I had the Boar chop and hubby had the beef burger. A beautiful place, romantic setting, but a bit smoky from the casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedUnhappyDined on 4/17/2014The menu has changed Which was disppointing. The size of the meal was small for the price you pay.