River Crab - St. Clair
1337 River Road (M-29)
St. Clair, MI 48079Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
River Crab - St. Clair
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: 8103292261x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Schneider
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings.
Live Bands on our beautiful deck every Wednesday night during the summer.
A word from River Crab - St. Clair
Upscale casual dining on the beautiful St. Clair River. Enjoy fresh fish, mouthwatering seafood, choice steaks and local/seasonal favorites as you watch the boats and freighters drift right by.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
River Crab - St. Clair - Best Restaurants in St. Clair ›
River Crab - St. Clair reviews from OpenTable diners
212 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (191)special occasion (154)great for outdoor dining (120)romantic (104)great for brunch (61)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (51)great for lunch (50)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (45)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (21)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (11)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, great wait staff, great view. Many freighters and boats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Ordered the sweet potatoe cheesecake by recommendation from our server, was good , but couldn't taste any sweet potatoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014You can't beat the view at the River Crab, if your lucky you will see a Freighter pass by. Even though we are 1 hr. drive away we plan on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014My wife had excellent snow crab legs, the best she's had in Michigan. I ordered sauteed lake perch and was extremely disappointed. The only thing I could think of while eating the perch was movie theater popcorn - that's how buttery it was and exactly what it tasted like. Gross! Absolutely not worth the high price tag. Service was fine. At a restaurant of this price I expect consistently good food, whatever I order. That is not what I got.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014It seems the menu has changed for the much, much , betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We booked Charlie's River Crab for our 50th anniversary. The view is beautiful, restaurant clean and very upscale. This is one of our favorite places to dine. We even were given a menu with our name and congratulations on our 50th. That was a sweet touch. We had lunch the day before our anniversary, we stayed at the Blue Water Inn, and both meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christinefromcincinnatiDined on 8/29/2014Fabulous food, service and FUN! Johnny Needham at the piano makes our visit special every time. Relaxed atmosphere yet excellent cuisine. The view is sensational. If you are in the area, you MUST go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our server was great ! The food was delish ! I will be back !!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner at the River Crabred3annie8Dined on 8/27/2014My husband, daughter and grand daughter had a very nice dinner at the River Crab. The view of the St. Clair makes this restaurant a fun place to dine. The food and service were very good. The only complaint was that my husband's steak was over done. Unfortunately, this was the second time it has happened to him. In the future, he plans to order a different entree. We do find it a little on the pricey side for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingBeebacksoonDined on 8/26/2014We had a fantastic meal, had a couple with us that had never been here, plans of coming back very soon. Very pleased with the courteous waiter that we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundjmaxDined on 8/24/2014From the time we walked in the door we had a great experience. Friendly waitress and a bartender that really bad good recommendations made ordering easy. Waitress even noticed the "medium" steak was cooked a bit too long offered to have a new one brought out, but we were OK with it. Lobster and softshell crab were great! Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special dinnertravdin6Dined on 8/24/2014we had a great time the food was good drinks perfect we had a good time .My wife and I have been going to this location for 50 plus years and will be back god willing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River CrabPeteDined on 8/23/2014Great location on the water with outstanding outdoor seating, which includes tables to eat at as well as cushioned outdoor furniture to use for drinks and waiting for your table. Food was good; hot foods hot, cold foods cold, although perhaps a few more appetizers that are not shellfish related or cooked in the same oil so people who have allergies can order something. Service was attentive and quick. The main problem was we happened to be sitting under an air conditioner vent which dripped water occasionally. Overall, a good dining experience, and we would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- River Crabdiner777Dined on 8/22/2014Quite pricey for the quality of food, overcooked, poor on quantity of vegetables, outdoor furniture unpleasant. good waiterSpecial Features:
- LocaDined on 8/17/2014This is my favor restaurant, and I had brought friend all the way from Dear Born to the restaurant, and now they love it too. And thank you for always pleasing me with a window table.Special Features:
- Terrific Find!Brice68Dined on 8/16/2014The best seafood I've had off the coast! My date and I both enjoyed watching the ships pass on the river, and they had a satisfactory ambiance overall. We started with the tuna tartare, which was WONDERFUL! The coconut and macadamia nut shrimp was cooked to perfection, the diver scallops were DELICIOUS! Ample portions for fine dining, a little pricey but you do get what you pay for. Definitely a place for foodies to check out in Port Huron!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014the service was great our waitress was very polite the food was great i'm surely going to let my family and friend know about the hidden jewel in St.Clair.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODsmykoDined on 8/16/2014Started going to the River Crab in 1969 most restaurants don't last 45yrs. this one only gets betterSpecial Features:
- Wonderful "sunset" dinnerchina54Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my 30X2 birthday at my favorite place. The menu included the "sunset" section which has great options at great prices before 6PM Monday-Saturday. Sounds like a "seniors" section but it is available to all. The sole stuffed with florentine spinach was wonderful, cooked perfectly. Our waitress,Regina, was excellent..the right amount of attention and stayed on top of our requests. The view is fabulous,on the St.Clair River watching the boats and freighters on a beautiful evening. This place is a perennial favorite.Special Features:
- Great AmbienceAlleygirlDined on 8/11/2014Super view even though it was pouring rain.Excellent fish and seafood with many choices. Good selection of wines.Very friendly staff.Love the double point Monday deal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Gem !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014A friend suggested this restaurant for dinner. We were there for our 10th anniversary. What a local gem it turned out to be. The view was beautiful, the service was top notch and the food was first rate. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodWendalDined on 8/6/2014Good food and excellent service provide a great dining experience at the River crabSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Jerry is an excellent server! He is friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Great dinnerFoodieDined on 8/3/2014Great food and great service. What a view of the water. Relaxing dinner to celebrate any occasion or an every day dinner. Prices were very reasonable.Special Features:
- Spectacular!gantosDined on 8/3/2014Was looking for a romantic setting for an anniversary dinner and chose River Crab based on recommendations from others. And they were spot-on! Of course, the weather was perfect for outdoor dining, but the indoor accommodations looked just as incredible. And the food? One of the best meals we've had in years! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVICEvgm2003Dined on 8/2/2014WHEN I TOOK MY HOTEL/RESTAURANT & RESORT MANAGEMENT DEGREE THE DEFINITION OF SERVICE WAS " ABOVE & BEYOND WHAT ONE EXPECTS"-CALLING A WEEK IN ADVANCE FOR A RESERVATION @ 7:15 PM BY A WINDOW DID NOT HAPPEN-WE WERE NOT GIFTED WITH A DRINK OR OTHER IN LIEU OF THIS OCCURRENCE -NOT SEATED UNTIL 7:50 PM AND THEN IN A TIGHT CORNER BEHIND A PILLARSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another good experienceJR42Dined on 8/2/2014My girlfriend and I love the location and the menu has so many wonderful choices that it hard to make a choice. The place was crowded so the staff seemed a bit overwhelmed. I originally order the Shrimp and pasta dish but when it arrived I found the pasta to be very mushy. I switched over to the diver scallops and mushrooms and found them to be perfect.Special Features:
- Very DisappointingBrandyDined on 8/1/2014Ordered a cocktail; waitress returned to inform me they were out of Brandy. Calamarie appetizer was more peppers than calamarie. 20 minutes after ordering was informed they were out of one of the selections. We chose an alternate entree only to have the food of the other two diners arrive in advance of the reordered meal. Drove an hour to take my visiting mother to River Crab for the views, food, service we have come to enjoy. Will rethink returning in the future.
- on the way to Canadamgp1VIPDined on 8/1/2014We were hungry and on our way to border crossing into Canada...and I used my open table ap to find a restaurant that wasn't fast food road trip kind of place! This was SUCH a great find...we loved the location, a scenic view of the lake, and the outdoor patio, and the food was superb. I had the crab salad sandwich and chowder. Excellent. I would highly recommend!Special Features:
- A lovely lunch!BeanerDined on 7/31/2014A beautiful day to eat outside on a charming outdoor setting, we had the swordfish and soft shelled battered crab done superbly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HAPPY SUNDAY STARTILUVTOeat9Dined on 7/27/2014I TOOK TWO OF MY DAUGHTERS TO THE CRAB FOR SUNDAY BRUNCH, AND IT WAS A GREAT WAY TO START A FUN DAY WITH THE CHILDREN IT IS MORE FUNTO GO SHOPPING WITH THEM WHEN THIER TUMMIES ARE FULL. THANK YOU GOOD FOOD,GOOD SERVICE.Special Features:
- love this placethatsright23Dined on 7/26/2014always go for our anniversary. great wine and beautiful viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An experienceBayfieldDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I celebrated our forty fifth anniversary at the River Crab. We had not been there for years as we live away from the restaurant. While living in Sarnia it was always a good place to go. However it fell apart years ago and we stopped going. The up side is that it is back. Great lunch great view and for my forty fifth anniversary great company. We are planning to take some friends in the near future. Thank you and they never knew about our celebration. Thank you River Crab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningTommyDined on 7/25/2014The weather, food, service was excellent. We had cocktails outside which was a perfect way to relax before dinner. The food and service was excellent. We did not feel rushed at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RelaxingGetawayDined on 7/24/2014What a great hotel and restaurant combo that we have never been to before. We were looking to go to the St. Clair Inn, not realizing that t closed. So glad we stumbled upon this option. We plan on making this a regular stop.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Great spot. World class service with a million dollar view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Enjoyable and DeliciousbluesuedeshoesDined on 7/23/2014Interesting and entertaining menu that is well executed, plus we made a rare find of a 2008 Flora Springs Napa Valley Cab Sauv !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014The Bread was good!! The fish was somewhat tasteless!! The servers were very business, causing serves to be a tad slow.Special Features:
- river crablindleyDined on 7/22/2014Very nice, great food, waitress are always great,great selection of sea foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choicePatMcDined on 7/22/2014RC always is a solid and safe choice. Good good. Great service. Better view. You can't go wrong. Thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.