River Crab - St. Clair
1337 River Road (M-29)
St. Clair, MI 48079Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
River Crab - St. Clair
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muer.com/
- Phone: (810) 329-2261
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Scott Schneider
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Piano Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings.
Live Bands on our beautiful deck every Wednesday night during the summer.
A word from River Crab - St. Clair
Upscale casual dining on the beautiful St. Clair River. Enjoy fresh fish, mouthwatering seafood, choice steaks and local/seasonal favorites as you watch the boats and freighters drift right by.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
River Crab - St. Clair - Best Restaurants in St. Clair ›
River Crab - St. Clair reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (110)special occasion (97)romantic (65)great for outdoor dining (58)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (40)notable wine list (34)great for brunch (30)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (25)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- Awesome Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014Great food, excellent service, outstanding views of the St. Clair River. Best brunch in the Bluewater area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceZManVIPDined on 11/22/2014The food is always excellent. The staff is very friendly and help one another out. We always ask for Regina as our server, she is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!KcrenshawDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I came here because we had $100 in gift cards we received for our anniversary. The waitress asked right off the bat if we were there celebrating anything and even though it was 5 months ago still have us a "congratulations!" The food was delicious! My wife had the filet mignon and I had one of the autumn specials, the Crispy Duck. Both were delicious, mine was better! We also had the firecracker shrimp appetizer and tiramisu for dessert. Both fantastic. A little too pricey for a normal date night but for a special occasion we will probably go here again! Would love to go in the summer when you can actually see the river too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We've been going to the River Crab for years and it's just as wonderful as always. It's our little slice of heaven.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeRivers1Dined on 11/1/2014Ambiance was very welcoming. The table was dressed with nice white linen, clean glasses and utensils. The food was very well prepared the way it was ordered. The flavour of the food was very good. The only down side was the servers lacked the touch that would have made it a truly great visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014The food was very good. The last time I was there I had the same thing but this time the lobster tail was a little well done. Otherwise everything was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014balfourDined on 10/25/2014Had dinner reservations for the evening of Saturday, Oct. 25th. Our table (#93) was immediately adjacent to a very large, boisterous group of people. Due to the noise, it was impossible to carry on a conversation at our table without having to repeat everything so we pretty much ate in silence - ruining the ambience for us. There were many other empty tables available in the dining room so this wasn't the only table available. Our waitress, while polite and efficient, was not very friendly and seemed to be rushing us through the entire meal. When advised that we forgot to bring our Landry card, she never offered to look up the number and credit the account for our meal (as has been done on occasion before). Pretty disappointed overallSpecial Features:
- Great dinner & great viewdpdineDined on 10/24/2014Dinner at the River Crab is always great and table by the water makes for a perfect relaxing evening.Special Features:
- WendalWendalDined on 10/18/2014Love this restaurant and the Landry select points help as well,the service is excellent and so is the food!Special Features:
- Enjoyed our evening at River CrabTecRochesterDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went to the River Crab for a special occasion. We found it had excellent atmosphere, with a piano player in the back ground. Our waitress was very pleasant and punctual, providing excellent service. There was a nice selection of fish and seafood entries offered at a moderate to high price for the area. The food was excellent. I would recommend this place and will plan to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special WeekendRandBHavinFunDined on 10/17/2014My girlfriend and I stumbled upon the River Crab and Blue Water Inn during a driving tour a few weeks ago. We were planning a romantic getaway anyway and decided these two places would be perfect. The River Crab blew away our expectations! From the menu and wine list to the amazing food and incredible wait staff - everything was first-rate! It made for a perfect weekend! We would recommend the River Crab (and the Blue Water Inn) to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- get-awaylocalyocalDined on 10/11/2014Took my girlfriend here as part of a romantic weekend get-away. What a gem this place is. Excellent food with great service, all while having a fantastic view of the river. It was a five star experience, with formal friendly waiters, but not once did the ambience (or the attitude) feel stuffy. It was relaxed very memorable evening. Hats off to the chef and the wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Weekend with just the wife!!!PiplineJRDined on 10/11/2014I have been working down the road from the River Crab since January, and I was yet to go. I was going to take my wife on the Huron Lady II Dinner River Cruise in August, but had to work several of those days. So I made resverations for this past Saturday, as my wife was taking the kids to the grand parents house for the weekend so we could spend the weekend together.. I was amazed at the view of the River as our table was right next to the river. The food was amazing my wife had some Shrimp Pasta, I myself am a fish guy. I had the Encrusted White Fish. We topped the night off with some cheese cakeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- snookerdoodleDined on 10/4/2014We enjoyed dining at the River Crab. The food is always good and the atmosphere is very pleasant. We are lucky to have a nice place to dine in our area. And, of course, the view is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inventive ChefAwesomeDined on 9/28/2014This chef has a different twist on classic and inventive dishes. His creativity is a welcome visual experience. The braised short rib perogie app is awesome. The bartender( we had a drink at the bar waiting for out table) was friendly, helpful and made an great mojito. Our server was very pleasant and made our evening very enjoyable. Hint- we went in September and by our 7:00 pm reservation it was almost dark, so the beautiful view was wasted. Should have booked earlier.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysLindaDined on 9/28/2014Love this place as "they always do things right" Been here for brunch and dinner and it never disappointsSpecial Features:
- annetteDined on 9/28/2014We attended for brunch buffet with a party of 11. The server was nice and attentive, used plates were always removed while we were up filing another. The food was delicious and there was an abundance of selections. My only complaint was that the dining chairs are quite large and heavy, and it was sometimes difficult to get up and down and move between tables without feeling cramped. The chairs were comfy though :) I highly recommend requesting a table near the windows, as the river view is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food... Great ViewdpdineDined on 9/26/2014The River Crab is one of our favorite restaurants for special occasions. The service, food and view are the best.Special Features:
- wpo1Dined on 9/23/2014Excellent view of the St Clair River, great food, and great service.Special Features:
- DeanluvfinediningDined on 9/23/2014Had another lovely meal here. The occasion was to celebrate a birthday (mine!) and the place sure lived up to our expectations. My wife was the first person to experience a new delectable entrée on their menu and it was indeed exquisite. We love this place!Special Features:
- River Crab in St. Clair MighiganDisappointedDined on 9/21/2014The drinks were very good. Not filled with too much ice and very tasty. The Clam Chowder was also very good it was served hot and had a great flavor. The Shrimp Frecasa was not so good. The pasta was over cooked and in clumps and the shrimp were luke warm at best. The King Crab was served 4 legs on a bare plate. No garnish, no imagination used in plating the food. It too was luke warm and rubbery. The service could have been better also. It seemed as if we were a bother to the server the few times she stopped by the table. When she first greeted us she asked if this was a special occasion and we said yes our 40th anniversary. We never heard another thing and it seemed that it was scripted.
- Great as usualDaveDined on 9/21/2014Went again for our anniversary dinner and enjoyed the meal, the view and the attention to detail. Menus had an Anniversary Greeting for us, the Snapper with crab meat was outstanding - great flavor, moist and served very well. Overall a nice drive in the country side to get there, great ambiance, great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceJohnnyDined on 9/20/2014One of our favorite special places to eat. Food is always good and river view just lends to the experience.Special Features:
- Perfect eveningchina54Dined on 9/20/2014Celebrated a birthday at the River Crab and it was a wonderful meal and outstanding service. We were promptly seated at our reservation time and a scenic river view table was scored again. We are Landry long time members and this offers great benefits for birthday celebrations and points for dining. Anyway, we started on the patio with drinks with our server Sharon who was great, then Misty was our dinner server and she was attentive and fun. The Chef's salmon with a blueberry/corn compote was delicious, perch was tasty. The warm brie with fig compote appetizer was fabulous and the creme brulee was smoothe and creamy, not too sweet, with a crunchy crust...perfect. Then we retired to the bar for after drinks and to enjoy the piano!Special Features:
- WonderfulHappy2bethereDined on 9/19/2014I have been going to the River Crab for 34 years a couple of times a year for special occasions and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at River CrabOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Lovely spot so close for us! Happy hour is great with inexpensive drinks and appetizers. Staff are all friendly and efficient! Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Very fine place to dine!busterDined on 9/13/2014A Excellent menu! Great Service! We will be back! Super view of he river and Canada,Special Features:
- Dinner for fourBkywormDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I decided to take another couple out for a "thank you" dinner. I used open table to make reservations and even though it was a rainy, cold evening the ambiance of The River Crab was warm and inviting. Our server gave us time to review the menu, as well as make recommendations. The service was great and the food even better. Thank you!Special Features:
- Disappointed DiningHBdadDined on 9/6/2014Heard about River Crab from a friend and booked it for my anniversary. The atmosphere was excellent, and the place was crowded. The first item I ordered required 48 hour notice (really?), and they were out of choice #2. My wife ordered the soul which was good, and I got the Whitefish which was overcooked and tough. When I complained about it, the waitress was flippant and the manager did nothing about it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014Great food as always! The Stuff Salmon was a great choice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Great food, great wait staff, great view. Many freighters and boats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceFormerlychinaDined on 8/30/2014Ordered the sweet potatoe cheesecake by recommendation from our server, was good , but couldn't taste any sweet potatoeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewMickylikesitDined on 8/30/2014You can't beat the view at the River Crab, if your lucky you will see a Freighter pass by. Even though we are 1 hr. drive away we plan on going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit or missfoodreviewDined on 8/30/2014My wife had excellent snow crab legs, the best she's had in Michigan. I ordered sauteed lake perch and was extremely disappointed. The only thing I could think of while eating the perch was movie theater popcorn - that's how buttery it was and exactly what it tasted like. Gross! Absolutely not worth the high price tag. Service was fine. At a restaurant of this price I expect consistently good food, whatever I order. That is not what I got.Special Features:
- Food Was A Let-DownNVY1Dined on 8/30/2014Our group of four spent nearly $500 on dinner/drinks and for the most part the food was incredibly bland. The caesar salads tasted like they might have been dressed with mayonnaise (which took away from the anchovies). The mussels were steamed in a very bland sauce. And the steaks were actually terrible! Everyone was dipping bites in the butter for the lobster and almost over using the salt and pepper. It's pretty hard to mess up a steak, so this was quite frustrating. I didn't even eat mine and when I gave the others at the table a bite to try we realized it was possibly badly freezer burnt, it just tasted awful and was extremely chewy. I ate almost nothing and told our server and nothing was done to correct it or compensate us. Not good!
- ADMDDined on 8/30/2014It seems the menu has changed for the much, much , betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationanniv50Dined on 8/29/2014We booked Charlie's River Crab for our 50th anniversary. The view is beautiful, restaurant clean and very upscale. This is one of our favorite places to dine. We even were given a menu with our name and congratulations on our 50th. That was a sweet touch. We had lunch the day before our anniversary, we stayed at the Blue Water Inn, and both meals were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christinefromcincinnatiDined on 8/29/2014Fabulous food, service and FUN! Johnny Needham at the piano makes our visit special every time. Relaxed atmosphere yet excellent cuisine. The view is sensational. If you are in the area, you MUST go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Our server was great ! The food was delish ! I will be back !!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Dinner at the River Crabred3annie8Dined on 8/27/2014My husband, daughter and grand daughter had a very nice dinner at the River Crab. The view of the St. Clair makes this restaurant a fun place to dine. The food and service were very good. The only complaint was that my husband's steak was over done. Unfortunately, this was the second time it has happened to him. In the future, he plans to order a different entree. We do find it a little on the pricey side for the quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.