River City Grille
6 South Broadway
Irvington, NY 10533Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
River City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivercitygrille.com/
- Phone: (914) 591-2033
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Manzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: River City caters all types of off premise events from small elegant dinner parties to large functions such as birthday or anniversary parties, BBQ's & holiday parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room will accomodate up to 30 guests comfortably.
Alternatively, larger parties of up to 65 guests can be accomodated using the entire dining area.
- Private Party Contact: Victoria Jenkins 9145912033x
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: River City Grille is located a short walk from the Hudson Line of Metro North train.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the private lot just outside the restaurant. There is also street parking & a municipal lot just across the street.
A word from River City Grille
Centrally located on Route 9 in scenic Irvington, this bustling restaurant entices it's guests with an eclectic menu of creatively presented seasonal dishes. A major interior renovation this past summer reveals earth tones and a rustic chic look. The new bar room has seating for up to 30. A creative drink menu & a global wine list round out the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
River City Grille - Best Restaurants in Irvington ›
River City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (33)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (17)special occasion (17)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)romantic (9)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)Show More
- New Favorite!Domi111VIPDined on 11/22/2014Great service and a lively crowd. I was pleased by the ease with which the staff changed our table (before we sat), without making a fuss over the wheelchair. Even better, the food was first rate. Filet mignon, fried calamari, blackened shrimp, and butternut squash soups were standouts. The waiter we had was extremely friendly and fun. We will return, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reviews made me go here but I wish we hadn'tPricelesssquaredVIPDined on 11/22/2014We just moved to town and had family visiting for Thanksgiving. Went to RCG because we thought the reviews sounded decent and it would accommodate our party of 7 (with three kids). While service was very nice (tho our waiter was a little over the top - he was REALLY excited to tell us about every dish and why it was absolutely amazing) the food was a serious disappointment. Seafood risotto was way over cooked (rubbery shrimp) and fairly tasteless even with a healthy dose of salt. Kids sirloin had hard peas in the side dish that were not edible. We skipped dessert because we figured it would not be good even tho they tried hard to sell us on getting something "home baked" daily. I wouldn't go back unfortunately.
- Nor quite on the river but well worth the trip!Alwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 11/21/2014A convient local spot with a nice diverse menu and very responsive service. However, no views of the Hudson.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceHarryDined on 11/16/2014The staff welcomes you with a smile. The waiter is excellent he knows his job...The menu ..wine list..The service is great. The bread arrives warm and fresh to the table. Your water glass is always filled....They leave a small water bottle on the table...to pour from...which the staff takes care of...The food arrives at the perfect time...warm and ready to eat...After the second taste...they make sure everything is to your liking. A wonderful nice relaxing dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always this restaurant is on the mark!MikeTVIPDined on 11/15/2014Living in a neighborhood that has some good restaurants River City Grill is a gem since the face-lift and re-launch the food has been consistently great. The staff always on the mark and there to make wonderful suggestions on food and wine. Keep up the good work on making your clients happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table reservation was incorrectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/15/2014The restaurant received the wrong information through open table. I made a reservation for 5:30 on Saturday. I even have an email confirmation from open table stating the correct reservation day and time. However, my open table reservation went through to the restaurant as Friday at noon. Good thing the restaurant called to confirm, or I would not have had a table!!! Do yourself a favor and call the restaurant directly. Skip open table. They clearly can't get it right!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014River City Grille was a nice find. Easy to get to and ample parking. It's a cute cozy place with a nice atmosphere. We had a lovely waiter named Michael. He was very charming and attentive. Nice menu selections. Seems to be something for everyone. We enjoyed our choices very much. Very nice presentation. I would recommend this place .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/10/2014Went with some girlfriends for restaurant week, and we were all impressed with the food. Everything was delicious - especially the butternut squash soup! It's worth a visit. The inside is nicely decorated and warm and inviting. The outside is a little misleading; it's much nicer than it seems from the outside.Special Features:
- Restaurant weekelisaDined on 11/10/2014This quaint neighborhood spot has a diverse menu encompassing all types of diets. Restaurant week is just an introduction to the menu and not a fair assessment of the chefs talents. The drink menu was a surprise and the choices unusual and enticing. The chick pea bites were light and airy as an app, the salmon was only ordinary yet tasty. Duck is my go to entree and I will have to try it next time around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!HungryDined on 11/8/2014Our waitress Lisa was very attentive. The food was presented beautifully and tasted great. We were not disappointed with any part of our dinner. The only complaint was the lighting- you needed a flashlight to read the Menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceDocDDined on 11/7/2014We decided to try River City Grille because it participated in Restaurant Week & none of us had ever been there. The food was fantastic & the service was terrific. Definitely would go back again. Our waiter KC was very knowledgeable & patient with all our questions, & he made some great suggestions. BTW, the Nutella Parfait was outrageous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experience2michyDined on 11/6/2014Visited for lunch during restaurant week. Thoroughly enjoyed the butternut squash soup. Was quite happy to see that they had a favorite on the menu - fish tacos. Enjoyed the bread pudding too. The restaurant was quiet, and the service was on target. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What I HopedhighlandsteveDined on 11/3/2014This was my second time at RCG in its latest incarnation. I was wowed the first time, so eagerly took advantage of their participation in HV Restaurant Week to celebrate my wife's birthday. Very hit or miss. Hits: The mini meat loaf on the kids menu, accompanied by good mashed potatoes and sautéed veggies; pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon with a pomegranate demi glace. Misses: roast chicken that was alternately overcooked and undercooked depending on the piece. Big miss: Slapdash service. Took three times to get beer order because he didn't know what they were out of. Restaurant also didn't acknowledge wife's birthday even though it was mentioned on the Open Table rez. Might have been a bad night. But still. A disappointment.
- Perfection!Foodie10533VIPDined on 11/3/2014Went for restaurant week lunch and it was just great. Salad was excellent, pasta delicious and nutella pudding fabulous (more like a mousse). We really enjoyed it and we'll be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the food !SachikosanDined on 10/26/2014We loved the food we ordered exept pear sorbet. Grilled octopus was so good and enjoyed crab cakes & chicken. It's not so easy to find the restaurant to satisfy my taste. They must have very good chef. I will recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend favorite.Luv2brunchDined on 10/26/2014Great brunch/lunch menu. Good quality and variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- absolutely love this placewesleyDined on 10/18/2014Food is exceptional. We visit this place whenever we're in town. Never disappoints. The staff is extremely friendly and dinning room is clean has a great feel to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fast service, good foodpickyeaterDined on 10/10/2014We chose this for proximity to " The Blaze". Casual but classy touches, white linen table cloths, pretty bottles of water on table . Server was knowledgeable and fun. We ordered Squash soup- fantastic, filet mignon- nice cut, pasta- ok, little bland, and gluten free menu- chicken- good, gluten free toast but not rolls offered, for our gluten free guests, specialty drinks all delicious . All in all we had a nice dinner- 6 people with appetizers and drinks, tips $240.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet & comfyNonicknamedinerDined on 10/9/2014Totally renovated since last visit. Re-done beautifully . Wine list is larger than menu, which makes it easier to make choices.Our party of four made three different choices-salmon,shrimp & scallops and pork tenderloin. Each was prepared beautifully and delicious. The salad s were shared by two.Our waiter was helpful and very attentive. Would highly recommend a visit. Parking lot is small.Had to use street parking and cross a busy road.Special Features:
- Extra care showspenguinitisVIPDined on 9/25/2014The management and the staff go the extra mile and beyond and it shows. Food is great and the service is absolutely professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemOpinionatedEaterDined on 9/20/2014Great place to have in the area…consistently good food & great service and at a reasonable price. The chick pea bites are a must! The wine selection is also good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well-prepared foodStevegugDined on 9/20/2014We've eaten dinner here twice and each time the menu was different and each time we were struck by how creatively the food is prepared. The flavors are delicate and lovely. A great choice for an exceptional dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealRachel25Dined on 9/13/2014I very much enjoyed my meal here last Saturday evening. They were the only spot who could comfortably accommodate my group of six. everyone enjoyed their meal. I got the goat cheese salad, other people at the table got the filet mignon and the chick pea bites, all very good. The restaurant was a bit loud and lighting was low, but nice. They recently remodeled and it looks great inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried this restaurant on a larkPhillyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Wow! what a find!! I wanted to try a different restaurant outside of our normal area in Armonk so I went on line and found the River City Grille. the food was excellent -- I had SUNDAY GRAVY which reminded me of when my mother made gravy every Sunday - hence the name. it was delicious! My husband had the mushroom ravioli -- he too, said it was delicious. The service was excellent. I did not get the name of our server but she was very attentive to our every need. she also gave us a complimentary dessert because I mentioned that we were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary. I really can't say enough about this gem located in Irvington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surpriseBroadbrookVIPDined on 9/6/2014While the space looks like a repurposed diner, there is real talent in the kitchen. Although the chef owner has an Italian background, the kitchen's comfort with Asian and Indian spices demonstrates a talented and curious mind.Special Features:
- the noise and service was horribleLocalgemVIPDined on 9/3/2014There was no attempt to improve the service level or decrease the noise despite our requests. All we received were excuses - the service was slow because of another table. But we often saw our waitress just standing around not doing anything and not noticing us when we tried to get her attention. Additionally we were not far from the hostess stand where the owner's wife and another staff person were just sitting and chatting - they could have pitched in if this other table was slowing things down. Even the servers were yelling which contributed to the excessive noise level. We live in town and this would be a mainstay but I am not so sure now. Open table says noise level "energetic" - that is NOT a compliment. The parking was horrible.Special Features:
- Amazing Gem!awi78Dined on 8/29/2014I had been told about this place by my coworker and finally got a chance to try it. It was unbelievable!!! The place is elegantly decorated and the staff is super friendly. The food is absolutely delicious!!! Will be going here again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Reliable, Good RestaurantBernieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at River City Grille several times in recent years and it has always proven to be an enjoyable occasion. The food, service and atmosphere are all first rate,.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceLove2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014We went to River City Grille to celebrate two friend's birthdays. Our waiter was terrific. He was available but not intrusive. One of our friends doesn't eat gluten and the waiter quickly brought over gluten free bread and a different menu for her. The food was delicious as always. Each one of the seven of us enjoyed our meals. We ordered different desserts as well and again we all liked what we ordered. I can't say enough good things about River City Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and gluten free menumimiDined on 8/25/2014I have been here for dinner with an all adult group but this time we had children with us. It was good for both types of dinning. The food was really good. The picky children liked their food, always a very good sign. The adults enjoyed their food very much as well. The menu is different than those of the restaurants in the area which is refreshing. And that they have a gluten free menu is a huge plus for me.There are things on their gluten free menu I have never had before because I have never found it available gluten free before. How delightful to have something new and delicious to taste and enjoy. I like the atmosphere, comfortable for adults and yet kid friendly with white table cloths.Special Features:
- Party of 7luv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/22/2014We loved our round table which could accommodate the 7 of us. We all thought the food was delicious and we had a onderful experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really goodPhotomammaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everytime I eat here the food is really, really good and the wait staff friendly and efficient. They are also accommodating about dietary issues. I am a sometime vegan and the vegan choice was delicious.Special Features:
- River City GrilleRobbieDined on 8/19/2014The wine was delicious. We ordered the Hanging Vine Pinot Noir. We went for dinner but wound up ordering appetizers. We ordered the pizzette, mushroom ravioli, lamb dumplings, and the pan fried crab cake. The pizzette and pan fried crab cake were delicious. The mushroom ravioli and lamb dumplings were okay. I would come here again to try the brunch. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Love, love this placeLove2dineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We have been here several times. The food is always great. The restaurant has undergone a renovation and the decor is fresh and inviting. This is our go to restaurant for meeting friends.Special Features:
- CCPinkyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Went there quite a while ago and my husband decided to give another try. We remembered why it took so long to go back. Nothing bad to say and nothing good to say. Just BLAH!
- DinnerdindinVIPDined on 8/7/2014When we are in town for work, this is a place everyone can agree on as the food and service hasn't let anyone down. I love the seared scallops and for dessert, the simply sweet almond cake is a must. yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marketing ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Nice get together at intimate round table for group of 7. Very good dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 287 reviews are from the River City Grille reviews archive.
- Consistently ExcellentStringsriderVIPDined on 7/23/2014River City never disappoints. Whether in the mood for creative and interesting or simply grilled, you can find it here, prepared perfectly and delivered with a smile. Our go-to place in the Rivertowns.Special Features:
- GypsyDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. Great menu, with many choices, and options. Fresh, locally sourced food for the most part. Gluten free menu provided. Only problem, was the organic chicken skewers that are marinated in soy sauce should not have been on the gluten free menu. But, staff was very accommodating. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceCAPupsVIPDined on 7/19/2014We just found River City (through Open Table) and ate here twice in one week,once for lunch and once for dinner. Both meals were fantastic. The menu is very diverse and interesting and everything our group ordered was fantastic. We especially loved the grilled artichoke appetizer, which was cooked in a mouthwatering white wine, garlic and lemon butter broth. But, everything else we ordered was excellent also. The service is very attentive, friendly and helpful. The location is a bit surprising, next to a service station, but you shouldn't be put off by this. Once inside, you totally forget about this.Special Features: