River City Grille
6 South Broadway
Irvington, NY 10533Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
River City Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivercitygrille.com/
- Phone: 9145912033x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Manzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: River City caters all types of off premise events from small elegant dinner parties to large functions such as birthday or anniversary parties, BBQ's & holiday parties.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private room will accomodate up to 30 guests comfortably.
Alternatively, larger parties of up to 65 guests can be accomodated using the entire dining area.
- Private Party Contact: Victoria Jenkins 9145912033x
- Cross Street: Main Street
- Public Transit: River City Grille is located a short walk from the Hudson Line of Metro North train.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available in the private lot just outside the restaurant. There is also street parking & a municipal lot just across the street.
A word from River City Grille
Centrally located on Route 9 in scenic Irvington, this bustling restaurant entices it's guests with an eclectic menu of creatively presented seasonal dishes. A major interior renovation this past summer reveals earth tones and a rustic chic look. The new bar room has seating for up to 30. A creative drink menu & a global wine list round out the experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
River City Grille - Best Restaurants in Irvington ›
River City Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (21)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (15)special occasion (12)kid-friendly (10)romantic (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great mealRachel25Dined on 9/13/2014I very much enjoyed my meal here last Saturday evening. They were the only spot who could comfortably accommodate my group of six. everyone enjoyed their meal. I got the goat cheese salad, other people at the table got the filet mignon and the chick pea bites, all very good. The restaurant was a bit loud and lighting was low, but nice. They recently remodeled and it looks great inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We tried this restaurant on a larkPhillyVIPDined on 9/9/2014Wow! what a find!! I wanted to try a different restaurant outside of our normal area in Armonk so I went on line and found the River City Grille. the food was excellent -- I had SUNDAY GRAVY which reminded me of when my mother made gravy every Sunday - hence the name. it was delicious! My husband had the mushroom ravioli -- he too, said it was delicious. The service was excellent. I did not get the name of our server but she was very attentive to our every need. she also gave us a complimentary dessert because I mentioned that we were celebrating our 36th wedding anniversary. I really can't say enough about this gem located in Irvington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very pleasant surpriseBroadbrookVIPDined on 9/6/2014While the space looks like a repurposed diner, there is real talent in the kitchen. Although the chef owner has an Italian background, the kitchen's comfort with Asian and Indian spices demonstrates a talented and curious mind.Special Features:
- the noise and service was horribleLocalgemVIPDined on 9/3/2014There was no attempt to improve the service level or decrease the noise despite our requests. All we received were excuses - the service was slow because of another table. But we often saw our waitress just standing around not doing anything and not noticing us when we tried to get her attention. Additionally we were not far from the hostess stand where the owner's wife and another staff person were just sitting and chatting - they could have pitched in if this other table was slowing things down. Even the servers were yelling which contributed to the excessive noise level. We live in town and this would be a mainstay but I am not so sure now. Open table says noise level "energetic" - that is NOT a compliment. The parking was horrible.Special Features:
- Amazing Gem!awi78Dined on 8/29/2014I had been told about this place by my coworker and finally got a chance to try it. It was unbelievable!!! The place is elegantly decorated and the staff is super friendly. The food is absolutely delicious!!! Will be going here again!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Reliable, Good RestaurantBernieVIPDined on 8/27/2014We have dined at River City Grille several times in recent years and it has always proven to be an enjoyable occasion. The food, service and atmosphere are all first rate,.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceLove2dineVIPDined on 8/27/2014We went to River City Grille to celebrate two friend's birthdays. Our waiter was terrific. He was available but not intrusive. One of our friends doesn't eat gluten and the waiter quickly brought over gluten free bread and a different menu for her. The food was delicious as always. Each one of the seven of us enjoyed our meals. We ordered different desserts as well and again we all liked what we ordered. I can't say enough good things about River City Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food and gluten free menumimiDined on 8/25/2014I have been here for dinner with an all adult group but this time we had children with us. It was good for both types of dinning. The food was really good. The picky children liked their food, always a very good sign. The adults enjoyed their food very much as well. The menu is different than those of the restaurants in the area which is refreshing. And that they have a gluten free menu is a huge plus for me.There are things on their gluten free menu I have never had before because I have never found it available gluten free before. How delightful to have something new and delicious to taste and enjoy. I like the atmosphere, comfortable for adults and yet kid friendly with white table cloths.Special Features:
- Party of 7luv2eatoutDined on 8/22/2014We loved our round table which could accommodate the 7 of us. We all thought the food was delicious and we had a onderful experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always really goodPhotomammaVIPDined on 8/19/2014Everytime I eat here the food is really, really good and the wait staff friendly and efficient. They are also accommodating about dietary issues. I am a sometime vegan and the vegan choice was delicious.Special Features:
- River City GrilleRobbieDined on 8/19/2014The wine was delicious. We ordered the Hanging Vine Pinot Noir. We went for dinner but wound up ordering appetizers. We ordered the pizzette, mushroom ravioli, lamb dumplings, and the pan fried crab cake. The pizzette and pan fried crab cake were delicious. The mushroom ravioli and lamb dumplings were okay. I would come here again to try the brunch. Great ambiance.Special Features:
- Love, love this placeLove2dineVIPDined on 8/14/2014We have been here several times. The food is always great. The restaurant has undergone a renovation and the decor is fresh and inviting. This is our go to restaurant for meeting friends.Special Features:
- CCPinkyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2014Went there quite a while ago and my husband decided to give another try. We remembered why it took so long to go back. Nothing bad to say and nothing good to say. Just BLAH!
- DinnerdindinDined on 8/7/2014When we are in town for work, this is a place everyone can agree on as the food and service hasn't let anyone down. I love the seared scallops and for dessert, the simply sweet almond cake is a must. yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marketing ManagerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/6/2014Nice get together at intimate round table for group of 7. Very good dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentStringsriderVIPDined on 7/23/2014River City never disappoints. Whether in the mood for creative and interesting or simply grilled, you can find it here, prepared perfectly and delivered with a smile. Our go-to place in the Rivertowns.Special Features:
- GypsyDined on 7/19/2014Really enjoyed this restaurant. Great menu, with many choices, and options. Fresh, locally sourced food for the most part. Gluten free menu provided. Only problem, was the organic chicken skewers that are marinated in soy sauce should not have been on the gluten free menu. But, staff was very accommodating. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceCAPupsVIPDined on 7/19/2014We just found River City (through Open Table) and ate here twice in one week,once for lunch and once for dinner. Both meals were fantastic. The menu is very diverse and interesting and everything our group ordered was fantastic. We especially loved the grilled artichoke appetizer, which was cooked in a mouthwatering white wine, garlic and lemon butter broth. But, everything else we ordered was excellent also. The service is very attentive, friendly and helpful. The location is a bit surprising, next to a service station, but you shouldn't be put off by this. Once inside, you totally forget about this.Special Features:
- Excellent timeBerkgrlDined on 7/10/2014Arrived with a large group. Appetizers were delicious. Had the scallops and shrimp- excellent Waiter patient and attentive. Food arrived in a timely manner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FindLovegoodfoodDined on 7/2/2014Nice lunch, very quiet, food good. Friendly staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemAlwaysgood2dineVIPDined on 6/24/2014In a relatively non-descript building, on a well traveled road lies a cozy atmosphere with a great diversity of of food with responsive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely and delicious!AMYCVIPDined on 6/7/2014Delicious, fresh and interesting dishes for everyone at our table; service was fine and ambiance lovely too-- parking isn't easy but side streets were fine with a bit of a walk!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Utterly deliciousHungryDined on 6/7/2014We booked this restaurant because it was close to an event we were attending. We are so Happy to have found such fantastic food, service and ambience all in one place - we will definitely return for an encore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 279 reviews are from the River City Grille reviews archive.
- Nice placeGood4brunchDined on 5/18/2014Place was nice, but waited a very long time to get served when we got there. Having a 13 month old with us didn't make that waiting any easier either. Food was very good though and the peach sangria was excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Irvington spotDisappointeddinerVIPDined on 5/10/2014Went there for Mother's Day lunch and food was great. Excellent pulled pork, burgers. Good no frills service. Decor is smart and modern. Overall, very good experience. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad choicegloriaDined on 5/6/2014Don't order the lamb. It was tough and tasteless. Others at the table enjoyed their crab cakes, salmon and chicken salad. No wines under $30; although our choice of Malbec was good in the low $30's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!UpnatomDined on 4/29/2014I've been coming to River City Grille for years and whether you are stopping in for brunch (with amazing cinnamon stuffed French toast), a quick bite (the best fish tacos in westchester) or to hang out at the bar, you can always count on a great meal. The staff is always very friendly, fast, and accommodating. If you are in Irvington, or any of the river towns, you should definitely put this restaurant on your list of places to frequent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot about this gemJoannelizVIPDined on 4/26/2014I was there on a Saturday night and someone didn't have a reservation and couldn't wait as the place was packed at 7:30! The hostess could not have been more accommodating. She really made me feel welcome and was a was able to get me my open table reservation about 5 minutes early. The menu is great for all as they have small bites or main entrees and even have half entrees. The food was served beautifully and is very, very good. This is a great place. Just be sure to use Open Table for a reservation on a Saturday night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you River City Grille!Michele113VIPDined on 4/25/2014I recently planned a 50th birthday dinner for 10 at the River City Grille. The staff was so helpful and so accommodating, it was such a pleasure! They were gracious enough to let us bring in our own cake and when we arrived, our pre-fixe menu was printed with the name of the birthday girl and laid at each place setting. The food was absolutely delicious - they started by serving a chick-peas appetizer that was outstanding. When one of the women told the waitress she was "gluten-free", the kitchen immediately sent out a gluten-free version of that same appetizer (and also a gluten-free dessert!) Every entree was delicious. I had the shrimp and scallops and they were cooked beautifully! I would definitely dine again at River City Grille!Special Features:
- luv2eatoutDined on 4/19/2014This was our second time eating here and we all thought the food was excellent. We will surely return again!Special Features:
- Creative menuWestchesterGalVIPDined on 4/7/2014This restaurant offers such creative combinations of food, that it is a pleasure to just read the menu. Dont miss the kale salad with apricots or the apple beignets with salted caramel ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative choicesVillagerVIPDined on 4/5/2014The menu has lots of small bites so you can mix and match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always A Winnerfoodie121VIPDined on 4/4/2014Great food, friendly hosts, consistently a winner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemTonyDined on 4/1/2014I had been to the restaurant a few years ago. They have done a nice makeover. Clean, crisp interior. Intimate setting. Not too noisy. Our waitress was a bit of a character. We tried to joke with her and she didn't seem to get it. Nonetheless, the service was efficent. Food came out fast, too fast for us as we were in no hurry. Food was excellent. Would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great dining spotFoodieDined on 3/29/2014Food was so delicious - all 6 of us enjoyed our dinners & we chose specials & off the menu. The service & ambience was outstanding wonderful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will go backIdineAlotDined on 3/26/2014Went for a light dinner (salads) shared a pizzette which was all very good. Their house pinot grigio was perfect. Only complaint was they were out of bread pudding. One of our favorites. The waitress was wonderful, upbeat, very friendly, accommodating and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014Found this restaurant through Restaurant Week and we plan on returning. Food was very good, portions medium sized, service very attentive and friendly. Asian shrimp and bacon wrapped pork were both tasty. Creme Brulee was delicious! Drink menu was extensive but not my taste - too whiskey/scotch like.Special Features:
- Return visit , as we so enjoyednolaVIPDined on 3/21/2014Return visit , as we so enjoyed our first visit, and the service was terrible and the food was mediocre. We were disappointed.
- Great foodprajm2Dined on 3/20/2014The food was excellent and the service was attentive. Someone in our group asked for the soup recipe and the hostess gave it to her! Great neighborhood find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Good ServicePsheaDined on 3/16/2014One waiter kept forgetting parts of our order, but there was a second waitress there to pick up the slack that was very responsive. The food was very tasty, but the portions of some items were very small, good for us ladies, but gentleman would likely leave still needing to eat more after a 3 course meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.