River City Brewing Company
835 Museum Circle
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
River City Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivercitybrew.com/
- Phone: (904) 398-2299
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Chris Faurie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call our catering department at 904-398-2299 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: All of our private rooms offer beautiful river views and terrace space. Our private rooms can accommodate up to 220 people for a sit down event, up to 1200 reception style on our spacious outdoor deck. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Williams 904-398-2299
- Entertainment: Monday - Tuesday Happy Hour 4PM-7PM Wednesday - Friday Happy Hour from 4Pm-7PM. Live Music
A word from River City Brewing Company
River City Brewing Co. is a fine casual dining restaurant located along the St. Johns River offering the best views in town. Our Executive Chef and his culinary staff has the depth of experience to produce great entree's of the latest culinary preference. River City Brewing Co. offers a variety of Seafood, Pasta, Poultry, Beef entree's and creative daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
River City Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (16)good for groups (11)special occasion (11)great for outdoor dining (9)romantic (9)great for brunch (6)great for lunch (5)neighborhood gem (5)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- 5 Star ExperiencelocavoreDined on 11/15/2014Window-side table, as requested with a great view of the river and the Jacksonville cityscape across the St. Johns. Nice ambiance - soft lighting, smooth jazz playing in the background, attractive décor. Great meal - both of us had the parmesan-crusted flounder and it was delicious. We followed that with dessert (chocolate truffle torte, key lime pie) and coffee, a perfect ending to a wonderful, relaxing meal. Our server, Ariel, was excellent - friendly, knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bossladyDined on 11/9/2014Great place to go for special occasions, Sunday brunch is especially goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Speedy ServiceFoodieLuvDined on 11/7/2014I really enjoyed eating here! We were in a hurry and they had our food out very quickly and had great service. The food was also really good and the view was amazing. It is a great place to go if you are visiting Jacksonville or just wanted to get out of the house.Special Features:
- Entertaining clientsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2014We had clients in from out of town (Arizona) and they wanted to eat on the water. So we took them to River City Brewing Company. They could not stop taking pictures of the river and thoroughly enjoyed the food - from the appetizers to the entrée. We had a great time and will definitely take clients here in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La CarolinebbqbillDined on 10/17/2014Went there for dinner before attending the La Caroline show on the roof top of MOSH. Although the food was pretty good, the execution was poor. My wife and another member of our party of 4 ordered the same thing. When the dishes arrived, my wife's portion was easily twice the size of the other one. Then, when we were served, the server placed a dish in front of the other lady in our party, decided no that's wrong, placed it in front of my wife, took it away, placed it back in front of the other lady again, took it back and gave it to my wife again, WTH? I had asked for a sub for mashed potatoes and got mashed potatoes anyway. What we got though was cooked perfectly and tasted good. Ordered Key Lime Pie for dessert and it was wonderful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 10/16/2014We ordered shrimp but was served warm. Also we ordered questidilla (sp) with chicken but our guests thought there was not any chicken in the sandwich.Special Features:
- Best brunch in townlucygirlVIPDined on 9/28/2014Food was wonderful. Service excellent. The view of the river can't be beat. Best place for friends to meet for brunch! We all enjoyed the bottomless Bloody Mary's. Excellent variety - something for everyone.Special Features:
- Beautiful view for touristsJaredBVIPDined on 9/18/2014We were thrilled to see this nice resttaurant on the riverfront and it even looks nice inside although it is older. That's where it stopped. The service was very slow. When we did order the foo took about 45 minutes and was just warm. The food did not seem fresh. I ordered the risotto and the scallops seemed mushy like they had been frozen, the pasta was like mush also and certainly overlooked. The tuna salad that my friend ordered dis look nice. We would not go back when we revisit Jacksonville.Special Features:
- The following 374 reviews are from the River City Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Wonderful ExperienceGinaDined on 6/20/2014The food was fabulous! Everyone in our party of 7 ordered something different and enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Great view of the cityChrisDined on 6/5/2014Outstanding food and great atmosphere. Would recommend for a night out on the town.Special Features:
- Bieutiful viewtjaxDined on 5/19/2014Had lunch with friends. We had a great time. Not much else to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great PlaceChuckVIPDined on 5/15/2014Loved everything about this place. The drinks are generous. The Roasted Cauliflower soup was terrific. I had the Mahi-Mahi topped with blue crab. It was perfectly done. My dinner companion had a wonderfully prepared steak. Our waiter was fantastic - Knowledgable, and helpful. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistent and deliciousgieserDined on 5/15/2014RCBC is a place we take clients, relax after a hard day and hold team lunches. Their food is spot-on and tasty. Not a huge menu but some great food nonetheless. The servers were great, engaging and created an upbeat atmosphere. Eight of us each tried something new and were just as happy as if we had one of our old standbys such as the RCBC gumbo - a can't miss. The desserts are ridiculously good but if you haven't tried it yet, get the bread pudding - it's a specialty and they do it right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014We had a very pleasant experience attending their brunch at a reasonable price for a special occasion with a beautiful scenic view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our dinners, even if we felt they were a little over-priced. The views of the St. Johns River and downtown skyline make the overall experience a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was terrible andGatorgirlDined on 4/12/2014The service was terrible and the food was ok. We were not even able to have knives as they were out of them.
- It was prom night for a lottjaxDined on 4/12/2014It was prom night for a lot of the H.S. in the area so it wasn't typical. Lots of kids running around with their mothers taking pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBethydianeDined on 4/12/2014Our server seemed very put off like he didn't want to be there. We were seated outdoors, which would have been nice except for the club music blasting from bar during our 5pm dinner, and there was a giant corner of the fiberglass table that was broken off. Not really safe, especially with a nine-month-old baby. If we had had better service, I could forgive the rest, but our server was completely unthrilled to be there and put a sour note into our family's celebration.
- Awesome RestaurantEddieDined on 4/11/2014Great Restaurant off the water, it was cool seeing a pod of porpoises swim by. I had left a note about it being a quiet adult night for my fiance and I (We both have kids), they brought us over a complimentary champagne toast. The serving sizes were bountiful even the Appetizers. We shared the Key Lime Calamari which was cooked perfectly with not too much breading. Afterwards I had the Wahoo topped with fresh crab Special and my fiance the Short Ribs. Both dishes could have fed sixl. We actually walked back across the bridge to The Landing to walk it off. The only reason this was not given a total 5 stars was our server was a bit of obnoxious. He was very knowledgeable but had a bit of an arrogance to him. Beautiul establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and funscubagirlDined on 3/29/2014We had a large group of 12. They were very accommodating and had our table all ready. The service was good. Very knowledgable about the menu and drinks. Very attentive. The children were taken care of and the food was brought out quickly. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding. DeliciouslucygirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was outstanding. Delicious with great presentation. Do not miss the coconut shrimp appetizer; the sauce is amazing. The swordfish special with either mango or crab topping was wonderful. The bread pudding was among the best I have eaten; moist and flavorful. The only negative was a limited wine list but the river view made it all worthwhile.Special Features:
- Sunday Buffet is a HasslePingVIPDined on 3/23/2014I am a regular customer of the Sunday buffet. The buffet has gone downhill in quality and gone up in price. The base cost is too high and the add on charges for shrimp and crab legs are an expensive annoyance. Even the standard breakfast offerings are boring now. The buffet is also trying to be too many things to too many people. The serving area is cramped and close. There is just too much food laying around everywhere, people crowded in trying to see what's there and the whole thing just isn't working anymore. For me, the buffet has become a disjointed hassle instead of a positive dining experience. The wait service is still excellent. Please rethink what you are doing and get back to basics.Special Features:
- great serviceDebbieVIPDined on 3/14/2014We had to catch a show in town and told the hostess with only an hour to spare. After that point they were very attentive and we enjoyed our dinner and made our show in time.Special Features:
- disappointed with the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014disappointed with the service, food was ok, not really great.Special Features:
- DisappointingArleneDined on 3/13/2014None of the food was worth returning for the cevic be was not what it wise described on the menu. It was mushy and vinegary The calamari tasted as it it had been frozen
- Good food. Great Value. OurKwilso01Dined on 3/10/2014Good food. Great Value. Our server, Martin was exceptional. Great twilight view on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. A bit slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014Don't come to River City for a quick bite. We were there for a family celebration so the leisurely service was OK. The wait service was perfect though and he apologized for slow delivery on the entrees. The food was really good - we were all happy with our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperiencehawkeyeDined on 3/6/2014Great food; weekly group of five guys meet for lunch. Our first experience here and are very interested in bringing our wives back for dinner. Wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchhhidineVIPDined on 3/1/2014What a great spot to have lunch with our daughter who was home for Spring Break! We spent about two hours talking and catching up with her! Lunch was delicious and the view was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view is all that worksCoupleofSworlsDined on 2/28/2014Once in its heyday RCB was the place to be I imagine...now its like the Regency mall of the riverfront dining scene: decrepit, dated and desperate. Lackluster bygone...and the passion may be gone too. The food, mediocre and service lacking and even from the moment we walked in the hostess was slovenly and unengaged. Tie that to the poor beverage service and lack of bread and butter made the visit all the more tepid. This place is officially over.Special Features:
- Great impression to out of townersCdb1115Dined on 2/19/2014Took out of town friends here and they loved it. We ate outside and the view was wonderful, weather pleasant.Special Features:
- Business LunchhhidineVIPDined on 2/18/2014This is a good location for us to have a business lunch as the atmosphere is somewhat quiet and allows for good conversation back and forth. Server was attentive and respectful of the conversation going on. Food was good and specials were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDude64Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent service. Wine list was excellent, we both had the CK Muscato. The Fried green Tomatoes were excellent. My wife had the Panko Crusted Chicken and I the Port Braised Short Ribs; both were prepared perfectly and portions were hardy. Our server was very attentive insuring that we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- reviewbigredDined on 2/15/2014Food was good, however several mistakes were made with the orders and server's social skills could be improved. I also understand that attention might have been directed to larger parties presentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good as First VisitDenise32233Dined on 2/15/2014We were disappointed on Valentine's Day. I ordered the Paella which I have had before but the portion was much less than previously. I wondered if there were a problem in the kitchen. The server did not appear to be as cheerful as the staff was last time, either.Special Features:
- A Lovely Birthday LuncheonSallyDined on 2/15/2014My friends treated me to a birthday luncheon at RC Brewing Company on Saturday, and we had a delightful time. We five each had various seafood dishes and they were all excellent. The service was lovely in every way. They even surprised me with a complimentary birthday dessert. I dine here often and have even had large group meetings here. The food and service are always excellent. And don't forget.... they also have one of the best views in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatThisismynicknameDined on 2/14/2014Good food and a great view of downtown and the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Quiet yet friendly, would definitely go again. Had the catch of the day and it was pretty good. The wine pairing they set with the meal was a great combination. Loved the view of the river and being able to walk along it after dinner. Friendship fountain at night is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIKE RIVER CITYGinaDined on 1/18/2014Our reservation was for 7:30PM. I arrived at 6:20PM as I work near by. I checked in and waited at the bar for my husband. Nice view on the water. he kitchen ended up getting a little backed up, so reservations got pushed back . We stayed and had a nice time met some nice people. The band started about 8 and they were great and fun. All in all turned out to be a nice evening.Special Features:
- Took local customers to RiverEnPakDined on 1/14/2014Took local customers to River City Brewing Company and although they knew about it, they highly recommended it. Food was great and we a really good time.Special Features: