River City Brewing Company
835 Museum Circle
Jacksonville, FL 32207Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: $30 and under
River City Brewing Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivercitybrew.com/
- Phone: 904-398-2299
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Continental
- Executive Chef: Chris Faurie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Please call our catering department at 904-398-2299 for details.
- Private Party Facilities: All of our private rooms offer beautiful river views and terrace space. Our private rooms can accommodate up to 220 people for a sit down event, up to 1200 reception style on our spacious outdoor deck. Please call us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Jennifer Williams 904-398-2299
- Entertainment: Monday - Tuesday Happy Hour 4PM-7PM Wednesday - Friday Happy Hour from 4Pm-7PM. Live Music
A word from River City Brewing Company
River City Brewing Co. is a fine casual dining restaurant located along the St. Johns River offering the best views in town. Our Executive Chef and his culinary staff has the depth of experience to produce great entree's of the latest culinary preference. River City Brewing Co. offers a variety of Seafood, Pasta, Poultry, Beef entree's and creative daily specials.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
River City Brewing Company reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (2)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Wonderful ExperienceGinaDined on 6/20/2014The food was fabulous! Everyone in our party of 7 ordered something different and enjoyed every bite!Special Features:
- Great view of the cityChrisDined on 6/5/2014Outstanding food and great atmosphere. Would recommend for a night out on the town.Special Features:
- The following 372 reviews are from the River City Brewing Company reviews archive.
- Bieutiful viewtjaxDined on 5/19/2014Had lunch with friends. We had a great time. Not much else to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great PlaceChuckVIPDined on 5/15/2014Loved everything about this place. The drinks are generous. The Roasted Cauliflower soup was terrific. I had the Mahi-Mahi topped with blue crab. It was perfectly done. My dinner companion had a wonderfully prepared steak. Our waiter was fantastic - Knowledgable, and helpful. It was a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Consistent and deliciousgieserDined on 5/15/2014RCBC is a place we take clients, relax after a hard day and hold team lunches. Their food is spot-on and tasty. Not a huge menu but some great food nonetheless. The servers were great, engaging and created an upbeat atmosphere. Eight of us each tried something new and were just as happy as if we had one of our old standbys such as the RCBC gumbo - a can't miss. The desserts are ridiculously good but if you haven't tried it yet, get the bread pudding - it's a specialty and they do it right.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/27/2014We had a very pleasant experience attending their brunch at a reasonable price for a special occasion with a beautiful scenic view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed our dinners, even if we felt they were a little over-priced. The views of the St. Johns River and downtown skyline make the overall experience a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service was terrible andGatorgirlDined on 4/12/2014The service was terrible and the food was ok. We were not even able to have knives as they were out of them.
- It was prom night for a lottjaxDined on 4/12/2014It was prom night for a lot of the H.S. in the area so it wasn't typical. Lots of kids running around with their mothers taking pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBethydianeDined on 4/12/2014Our server seemed very put off like he didn't want to be there. We were seated outdoors, which would have been nice except for the club music blasting from bar during our 5pm dinner, and there was a giant corner of the fiberglass table that was broken off. Not really safe, especially with a nine-month-old baby. If we had had better service, I could forgive the rest, but our server was completely unthrilled to be there and put a sour note into our family's celebration.
- Awesome RestaurantEddieDined on 4/11/2014Great Restaurant off the water, it was cool seeing a pod of porpoises swim by. I had left a note about it being a quiet adult night for my fiance and I (We both have kids), they brought us over a complimentary champagne toast. The serving sizes were bountiful even the Appetizers. We shared the Key Lime Calamari which was cooked perfectly with not too much breading. Afterwards I had the Wahoo topped with fresh crab Special and my fiance the Short Ribs. Both dishes could have fed sixl. We actually walked back across the bridge to The Landing to walk it off. The only reason this was not given a total 5 stars was our server was a bit of obnoxious. He was very knowledgeable but had a bit of an arrogance to him. Beautiul establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and funscubagirlDined on 3/29/2014We had a large group of 12. They were very accommodating and had our table all ready. The service was good. Very knowledgable about the menu and drinks. Very attentive. The children were taken care of and the food was brought out quickly. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was outstanding. DeliciouslucygirlVIPDined on 3/29/2014Food was outstanding. Delicious with great presentation. Do not miss the coconut shrimp appetizer; the sauce is amazing. The swordfish special with either mango or crab topping was wonderful. The bread pudding was among the best I have eaten; moist and flavorful. The only negative was a limited wine list but the river view made it all worthwhile.Special Features:
- Sunday Buffet is a HasslePingVIPDined on 3/23/2014I am a regular customer of the Sunday buffet. The buffet has gone downhill in quality and gone up in price. The base cost is too high and the add on charges for shrimp and crab legs are an expensive annoyance. Even the standard breakfast offerings are boring now. The buffet is also trying to be too many things to too many people. The serving area is cramped and close. There is just too much food laying around everywhere, people crowded in trying to see what's there and the whole thing just isn't working anymore. For me, the buffet has become a disjointed hassle instead of a positive dining experience. The wait service is still excellent. Please rethink what you are doing and get back to basics.Special Features:
- great serviceDebbieDined on 3/14/2014We had to catch a show in town and told the hostess with only an hour to spare. After that point they were very attentive and we enjoyed our dinner and made our show in time.Special Features:
- disappointed with the service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/14/2014disappointed with the service, food was ok, not really great.Special Features:
- DisappointingArleneDined on 3/13/2014None of the food was worth returning for the cevic be was not what it wise described on the menu. It was mushy and vinegary The calamari tasted as it it had been frozen
- Good food. Great Value. OurKwilso01Dined on 3/10/2014Good food. Great Value. Our server, Martin was exceptional. Great twilight view on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service. A bit slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/7/2014Don't come to River City for a quick bite. We were there for a family celebration so the leisurely service was OK. The wait service was perfect though and he apologized for slow delivery on the entrees. The food was really good - we were all happy with our dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall ExperiencehawkeyeDined on 3/6/2014Great food; weekly group of five guys meet for lunch. Our first experience here and are very interested in bringing our wives back for dinner. Wonderful choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday LunchhhidineVIPDined on 3/1/2014What a great spot to have lunch with our daughter who was home for Spring Break! We spent about two hours talking and catching up with her! Lunch was delicious and the view was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- view is all that worksCoupleofSworlsDined on 2/28/2014Once in its heyday RCB was the place to be I imagine...now its like the Regency mall of the riverfront dining scene: decrepit, dated and desperate. Lackluster bygone...and the passion may be gone too. The food, mediocre and service lacking and even from the moment we walked in the hostess was slovenly and unengaged. Tie that to the poor beverage service and lack of bread and butter made the visit all the more tepid. This place is officially over.Special Features:
- Great impression to out of townersCdb1115Dined on 2/19/2014Took out of town friends here and they loved it. We ate outside and the view was wonderful, weather pleasant.Special Features:
- Business LunchhhidineVIPDined on 2/18/2014This is a good location for us to have a business lunch as the atmosphere is somewhat quiet and allows for good conversation back and forth. Server was attentive and respectful of the conversation going on. Food was good and specials were good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerDude64Dined on 2/15/2014Excellent service. Wine list was excellent, we both had the CK Muscato. The Fried green Tomatoes were excellent. My wife had the Panko Crusted Chicken and I the Port Braised Short Ribs; both were prepared perfectly and portions were hardy. Our server was very attentive insuring that we enjoyed our meal.Special Features:
- reviewbigredDined on 2/15/2014Food was good, however several mistakes were made with the orders and server's social skills could be improved. I also understand that attention might have been directed to larger parties presentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good as First VisitDenise32233Dined on 2/15/2014We were disappointed on Valentine's Day. I ordered the Paella which I have had before but the portion was much less than previously. I wondered if there were a problem in the kitchen. The server did not appear to be as cheerful as the staff was last time, either.Special Features:
- A Lovely Birthday LuncheonSallyDined on 2/15/2014My friends treated me to a birthday luncheon at RC Brewing Company on Saturday, and we had a delightful time. We five each had various seafood dishes and they were all excellent. The service was lovely in every way. They even surprised me with a complimentary birthday dessert. I dine here often and have even had large group meetings here. The food and service are always excellent. And don't forget.... they also have one of the best views in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatThisismynicknameDined on 2/14/2014Good food and a great view of downtown and the riverSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Quiet yet friendly, would definitely go again. Had the catch of the day and it was pretty good. The wine pairing they set with the meal was a great combination. Loved the view of the river and being able to walk along it after dinner. Friendship fountain at night is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LIKE RIVER CITYGinaDined on 1/18/2014Our reservation was for 7:30PM. I arrived at 6:20PM as I work near by. I checked in and waited at the bar for my husband. Nice view on the water. he kitchen ended up getting a little backed up, so reservations got pushed back . We stayed and had a nice time met some nice people. The band started about 8 and they were great and fun. All in all turned out to be a nice evening.Special Features:
- Took local customers to RiverEnPakDined on 1/14/2014Took local customers to River City Brewing Company and although they knew about it, they highly recommended it. Food was great and we a really good time.Special Features:
- DissapointedTheatergoerDined on 1/11/2014Dinner was mediocre. Food came out luke warm Was delievered to the table 5 minutes after the salad. Felt like they kept trying to rush us out.
- Food excellent, service too hurriedcamperVIPDined on 1/3/2014We decided to visit on a Friday night; the main dining room was nearly empty. We both selected the Fresh Catch, which was Salmon, served grilled or blackened with a delicious corn salsa topping, asparagus, and other veggies. It was perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious! Our only complaint was that we were in and out in 30 minutes. We each ordered a 1/2 salad first (one of which would have been plenty for both of us). Before we could finish them, the entrees arrived. Next time, we'll ask the waiter to slow it down a bit, even if the place isn't crowded (which may have been why it came out so fast). When the weather is nice, we love to sit outside on the deck. Great view!Special Features:
- boatareficjaxbobDined on 11/30/2013We have a great time dining. Although restaurant was full, service was still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKellyDined on 11/19/2013We went to River City expecting something totally different. It ended up being pricey and the food portions were very small. We were seated at out reservation time, which was 7pm. We did not get our dinner until after 8pm, closer to 8:30. I was under the assumption that this was a brew house restaurant, we did not even get a menu for beers offered. We will not eat here again. Marked off the list of to do places to eat in Jacksonville.
- BusinessEnPakDined on 10/28/2013Took some company guys from out of town for dinner while we were in Jacksonville, and they were all impressed and bragged about it. It made me look good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well, the view was nice...Ron3965VIPDined on 10/26/2013I decided that we'd go to the RCBC because my fiance had never been there and the view is really nice. We saying that we'd never be back. The view was everything we expected it to be but the food may have been the worst meal we'd had in Jacksonville in 6+years. The catch of the day with a crab top was bland and tasteless, the short ribs were only a little better and the mussels appetizer was extremely boring. As for the service, I think our waiter tried hard but something else must have affected his ability to provide service. He apologized for the wait (on him) the first time he came by, then he apologized again after we sat for awhile waiting on drinks, then they brought the meal out in the middle of the appetizers. Not going back.Special Features:
- RCBC Anniversary dinnerJeremyDined on 10/26/2013Hello, me and my wife went here for our 2nd wedding anniversary dinner. The last time we were here was Valentine's day a few years back. That time the experience was outstanding, this time was just ok. We did the pre-fixe menu, which was priced nicely IMO. The caesar salads were definitely not as good as previous. The recipe tasted like a Kraft caesar dressing. Something was mentioned to the server about the taste but he just said it was the fact we hadn't been there in awhile? With the main course we chose the beef short ribs, they were excellent. Dessert was just mediocre, going with the key lime pie and chocolate torte. Overall, I don't know if we would be back or not. For a "once a year type dinner" I was expecting more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findMissaDined on 10/25/2013Out for dinner with girlfriends. Great ambiance. Wait staff was friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable of the Menu. He was patient and very assistive. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.