9201 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rivabellarestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3102782060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Angelini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from RivaBella
Introducing RivaBella West Hollywood, a fine-dining Italian concept in partnership with renowned chef Gino Angelini that features a sprawling indoor-outdoor space, evocative of stepping into a rustic Tuscan farmhouse accented by sleek, ultra-stylish contemporary elements. RivaBella honors traditional, ingredient-based Italian fare and classic techniques, while embracing a dynamic, modern approach to the dining experience. With a lushly landscaped 2,800-square-foot al fresco dining area and expansive wine cave, guests can experience a taste of Italy while overlooking the Sunset Strip.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
RivaBella - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
RivaBella reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)fit for foodies (50)romantic (47)great for outdoor dining (40)good for groups (36)hot spot (33)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (18)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (12)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Lovely for lunch with girlfriendsYummyDined on 10/24/2014Three of us had a beautiful lunch in the garden like setting at Riva Bella. Everything was delicious and the service excellent. It was very quiet and everyone was impressed with the ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top LA restaurantFooodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Make sure to try their truffles pizza. It's second to none!!! I Never skip Riva when traveling to LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014Loved it. It was my second time. Great service and very friendly staff! The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- formerredheadDined on 10/5/2014A wonderful place for a celebration. Don't want to spend so much money? Try the "Sunday Supper." Only $25 per person as long as 2 peoople order it. A real bargain?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/1/2014The restaurant is beautiful, menu is nice, but I think much too expensive for what you get. Portions are decent size, but $48 dollar for a pizza with truffles.....really?Special Features:
- Good pastasrb3000Dined on 9/26/2014I had the eggplant parmigiana appetizer, risotto, and lemon pasta for dinner; the dishes were all above average. The ice cream made at table side for dessert was very good. Drinks were above average. The quasi-outdoor environment with creative lighting provides excellent ambience; however, it is still dark and my friends had difficulty reading the menu. The night we went was extremely noisy. There were numerous birthday celebrations and fire crackers were constantly going off. Service was good. Overall, it was a good experience but not stand out.Special Features:
- Date nightAllaboutdebDined on 9/17/2014Everything was great I have been to Italy several times and it brought back memories . The food and what the waiter recommended was perfect . We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on SundaylarsandVIPDined on 9/14/2014Despite the loud music and a somewhat empty room, the Sunday Night Supper is one of the best deals in town. Your get a choice of two appetizers (including 2 delicious pizzas, or salad), one pasta (the best lasagne), one main course (flat iron steak or salmon) and dessert. A feast for $25!!!! Check out the website....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now THAT'S Italian>>>pogiVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had our first meal during dine LA week - had tom come back to make sure it wasn't just a lucky night. Best beef carpaccio I have ever had - fine neopolitan pizza - and pasta that had flavor that was better than most in LA - which is saying something. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!Cindy51Dined on 9/6/2014I love in the Bay Area and this was my third time back to this place! Every time I come the food is spectacular! Highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude Hostesses, Great Server!GreatserverDined on 9/6/2014We were greeted by two most obnoxious Hostesses, named Patty and Emma. On September 6, 2014, a few celebrities were dining there and I guess it had gotten to Hostesses' heads that they were celebrities too and too good for their job to be polite and respectful towards diners. However no matter how rude they were to me and my boyfriend, it was made up by our server for the night, Arron, who was polite and gave us great service and also the manager, Josh, took care of a $15 dessert we had eaten, when I complained to him about the rude hostesses. I do recommend this restaurant but make sure you have minimum contact with hostesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb staffmitchVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had been to RivaBella before and enjoyed it. Our expectations are always more or less moderate, when going to a restaurant operated by large multi unit operator, but we were surprised at just how good both the food and the staff were. The staff is absolutely outstanding-attentive but not meddling; pleasant and low key, efficient but relaxed at the same time. And of course, the wonderful open air room is a great place to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CeleebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is amazing, the service is 5-star and the atmosphere is delightful. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Improved Restaurant in arealuv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wrote some bad reviews of this restaurant when it opened, but we kept going back because it is so close to our home, and I am happy we did. Our biggest complaint about this restaurant when it opened was poor service. Since then, they have gone from poor service to excellent service. The food has always been outstanding. We couldn't be happier with how this restaurant has evolved. It is now one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Consistently exceeds expectationsGsPalateDined on 9/4/2014Another memorable dinner at RivaBella. With its romantic ambience, creative and authentic seasonal Italian cuisine, and exceptional service, one can always find something new at this sister restaurant to LA's renowned Osteria Angelini. While we love the latter, we have little reason to leave our neighborhood for exquisite Italian fare. The sea bream crudo bursting with flavor was the perfect antipasti; the pasta special with crumbled sausage, comfort food at its best; and the rib-eye with salmoriglio not only cooked to perfection but flavorful enough to please both foodie mom and our 10 year-old, who ended her meal with vanilla ice cream made just for her. The authentic tiramisu (rare in LA) was the perfect end to the parents' meal!Special Features:
- penny1centDined on 8/16/2014Our 3rd awesome meal there! We love it. Great with friends or family or for date night!Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceDonatelloDined on 8/16/2014RivaBella is one of those restaurants that, if you know what to order, and you go in with an open mind, you're going to have an amazing evening. The staff is top notch, the food is superb, and ambience is outstanding, all pulled together for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- superb italianrogerHDined on 8/16/2014Dropped by this italian restaurant on the way to LAX, found it by accident. Ground floor of an office building, but has a very nice lush outside dining area with trees, and an overhead arbor. I had the Nidi di Rondine, and my friend had Bacantini. Both were fantastic, and very reasonably priced. Service was excellent, all servers look after all tables.Special Features:
- Good food, meh serviceadl625Dined on 8/15/2014Food - delicious. Get the mushroom risotto and you won't regret it. The other entrees were ok. The server was extremely pushy, and not in a fun way. I honestly thought he might yell at me if I didn't order his suggestion. Not the most pleasant service experience. But the ambiance is lovely.Special Features:
- Customer service!JessicaDined on 8/6/2014Having managed Manhattan bars for a decade, I always hope the servers will be welcoming and AT LEAST introduce themselves. Our waiter never told us his name, forgot my boyfriends drink after he was reminded 3 times, was in NO rush to check up on is after our food came, and dropped the check In the center of the table as if it were a wet rag and walked away. The sad thing is, I know there is a waitress/waiter out there who actually needs the money and needs the job at such an amazing place like Rivabella, but won't get hired because this guy is just putting gratuity on everything and making a great living. Nobody should he entitled to a job like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good or no good?FoodieDined on 8/6/2014The hostess killed it at first. Not very nice. The waiter made up for it and even offered to buy us dessert for our anniversary (though he later forgot to take it off our check) since he forgot to keep my husbands salad dressing on the side. Oh well. On the way out the hostess seemed more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodProfessorDined on 8/2/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. However, the frightfully expensive food was mediocre at best. More importantly, we were not treated well. The staff is very unprofessional. We requested a patio table, but were escorted past several empty tables on the patio to a small, noisy room in the rear. When I asked about the patio, we were told it had been booked "for months." Months? Really? The room to which we were shown was clearly the place they seat everyone under 21 and over 40. The acoustics were so poor we could barely converse. Our server had a poor attitude; she scowled and mumbled through the whole evening. The have a bunch of gimmicky table-side dishes. Don't fall for the show.Special Features:
- Very nice DinnerLindafromLAVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful booth, a terrific waiter and good food and drinks.Special Features:
- Long Wait With ReservationRegularPatronVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our reservation was at 9:15. We got there 10 min early and still had to wait 25 minutes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014We went there as a party of 7, and we had a great time. The service was wonderful, and the food was very good. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- WHAT A PLEASENT SURPRISEMrljbVIPDined on 7/22/2014WENT DURING DINELA WEEK. ONE OF THE BEST DINELA MENU'S. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AS WAS THE SERVICE. FROM THE TIME YOU APPROACH THE RECEPTION DESK TO THE WAITER AND HIS ASSISTANTS THE ATTENTION IS GREAT. CARMILLO WAS OUR WAITER AND HE WAS MARVELOUS. MY SPOUSE AND I WOULD DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!BlanketDined on 7/22/2014Absolutely loved this place. We had lunch on a Tuesday and we were surprised by the beautiful open garden surroundings, the comfy booths, food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereDLPADined on 7/19/2014Loved everything about this place. Was worried it was going to be pretentious and overrated food but it turned out to be excellent in every way. Extremely polite and attentive personal service, and really really good food. Portions are large so order sparingly if you're a small eater. Music was buzzy enough to be lively, but not too loud so you can't hear yourself talk. Such a fabulous restaurant, I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!hhillsfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We loved the ambiance and the food !!!! Thomas was awesome attending. The liquid nitrogen ice team was a fun viewing experience and very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be prepared to waitOver50charactersVIPDined on 7/18/2014It's pretty remarkable to see no hint of the former Hamburger Hamlet space. Phenomenal transformation! RivaBella has great food with impressive portions. The corn chowder and carbonara pasta were outstanding. And the ambiance is gorgeous. It's rare to find a pairing of great food with a stunning backdrop. Unfortunately, we're not rushing back. We waited nearly 40 minutes for a 9:00 p.m. reservation.Special Features:
- Tuesday lunchmacbeth12Dined on 7/15/2014Sunlit patio with plenty of shade, one of the loveliest spots in town. Food terrific, interesting choices and large portions. Our waiter gave us great service and was knowledgeable about everything, food, history of place, their wine list. Very quiet as it was a small amount of people lunching which surprised us. When its full the noise level is buzzy.Special Features:
- Great Food Great RestaurantJayFagnanoVIPDined on 7/3/2014Riva Bella is a great special occasion restaurant. It ain't cheap, but it's worth what you spend! Food was absolutely delicious, I can highly recommend the Octopus as a starter - but everything that all four of us had was really good. Service by Jason the Waiter was very professional but he was also willing to roll with the punches at our table and he had a great sense of humor. We stayed a good three hours and just had a great time with friends and enjoyed great food and a great all-around experience. Also, the patio is beautiful - I know this restaurant was red-hot when it first opened but they weren't full this night - not sure why because it's better than a lot of similarly priced restaurants in WH/BH.Special Features:
- Great experience...MikeVIPDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful experience, great choices by the sous chefSpecial Features:
- The following 171 reviews are from the RivaBella reviews archive.
- Even Better the 2nd TimeThoRoughVIPDined on 6/23/2014Love this place. Great ambiance and consistent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delizioso!DB818VIPDined on 6/21/2014I highly recommend this restaurant for it's beautiful décor, fabulous menu and great service. I recommend the corn soup, tuna tartare, and nidi pasta. Make room for dessert too!Special Features:
- stilesVIPDined on 6/17/2014Beautiful restaurant w/ great service. Everything we had was wonderful. The special ice cream desert was terrific. Recommend the risotto w/ porcini mushrooms done in the parmargian wheel.Special Features:
- Each time betterLikebuttaDined on 6/16/2014Our first visit was near opening of the restaurant and was very loud and crowd was more bar scene noisey. We have since come back twice and learned to go early in the week and found the service,food and noise level very acceptable. I believe they continue to refine the menu and keep their offerings interesting. What they offer is done extremely well and the room is a wonderful atmosphere to dine and converse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2014Great service, knowledgeable and friendly staff. Impressive wine selection and very good food. The menu only looks small, the portions are almost enough for two.Special Features:
- First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/9/2014Beautiful ambience. Tuna Tartare is excellent. But the rest of the food is just okay. Nothing special. The desserts are good thoughSpecial Features:
- Gorgeous restaurant; stunning patioSantaMonicaFoodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014RivaBella is GORGEOUS...truly a special location and ambiance, and worth visiting just for the beautiful patio setting. Stunning room - one of the best patios in LA. The service is exceptional, and the ambiance is outstanding...both worthy of 5 stars. Their cocktails and food are very good and worthy of 4 stars. We sampled a few of their specialty house cocktails, and each were good, not great. We enjoyed the following dishes: Octopus salad (excellent; must try); Prosciutt O E Burrata (very good); Kale salad (average); Risotto with Mushrooms (excellent; must try); Mixed wild mushrooms (very good). We were a bit rushed, and did not get to sample their main courses nor desserts, but hope to be back to give them a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.