9201 W Sunset Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.rivabellarestaurant.com/
- Phone: (310) 278-2060
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday & Sunday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Tuesday & Wednesday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm; Thursday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 12:00am
Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Executive Chef: Gino Angelini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from RivaBella
Introducing RivaBella West Hollywood, a fine-dining Italian concept in partnership with renowned chef Gino Angelini that features a sprawling indoor-outdoor space, evocative of stepping into a rustic Tuscan farmhouse accented by sleek, ultra-stylish contemporary elements. RivaBella honors traditional, ingredient-based Italian fare and classic techniques, while embracing a dynamic, modern approach to the dining experience. With a lushly landscaped 2,800-square-foot al fresco dining area and expansive wine cave, guests can experience a taste of Italy while overlooking the Sunset Strip.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
RivaBella - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
RivaBella reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)fit for foodies (52)romantic (47)good for groups (37)great for outdoor dining (36)hot spot (35)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (15)vibrant bar scene (14)late-night find (9)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 11/23/2014Everything was great except we had to ask for the Sunday night supper menu instead of having it offered right away. The waiter almost acted annoyed. After that, it was fine and the food was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a Great ExperienceCathyVIPDined on 11/14/2014My Dover sole was over cooked and over salted to the point of being inedible. Service was just absent. Had to repeated ask after our drinks. They tried to serve my husband's soup and salad at the same time and seemed completely baffled that that was a problem. Overall a disappointing experience. Won't go back.
- Good food, terrible serviceFSUJennVIPDined on 11/14/2014The service was terrible, and I rarely use such strong language. The sommelier (or maybe manager?) was very aggressive and made one of our guests feel extremely uncomfortable. While he was just trying to find a glass of wine she would enjoy, he was very aggressive about it. While they have an extensive wine list, two of the wines she had asked for they did not have. Why have it on the list if you aren't going to make it available? Our waiter was also a bit rude and slow. He never came to check on us and we had to order our dinner with the sommelier as he was no where to be found. The saving grace of this place was the food. It was delicious! I would probably give it one more try because the food was THAT good. Pricey, but good.
- Fantastic setting and foodSelectiveeater1VIPDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant is quite the gem in my opinion. I didn't know what to expect when I booked our reservation. Everything went perfectly as we were family we had not seen in some time and our goal was to have lunch somewhere that provided for ambiance and delicious food. Riva Bella delivered on both fronts even as we sat outside when the temperature was dropping our server did not have any problem turning on the heat lamp to make it comfortable. I ordered the caesar chicken which was unbelievable. The chicken was moist with a perfectly cooked skin that was impressive to me and one of our guests. Top 5 best chicken in my life easily! Thank you riva Bella we are certain to return and have no problem recommending you to anyone looking for great food and ambiance in a busy part of Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful roomletsDOdinnerDined on 11/11/2014This is a lovely room. The food was delicious and the service attentive. If you go on a Monday night for 1/2 price wine night.... You're in for a great deal as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingSeanVDined on 11/10/2014To keep it short and sweet, rivabella was fantastic. Ambiance was so beautiful with the lights in the trees and the feeling you are in a garden! We did the travelzoo offer which allow us great options, and we happened to go on Monday night which is 1/2 off all bottles of wine. Which is a crazy good deal. The manager recommended a terrific Barolo 2001, which was execellent with the meal. Overall a very memorable experience and I loved the little lounge where you can hang out before and after dinner. PS you HAVE to get the nitrogen ice cream. It was soooo amazing, and tasted wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So very lovely and sereneRKSSVIPDined on 11/10/2014An oasis in a city of cars and concrete. The room, the service, the food all top notch.Special Features:
- Great ambiance and foodCC57Dined on 11/9/2014It was our first visit. Our group went there more for the ambiance than the food. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find such excellence in pasta preparation. If we find ourselves on the Westside, we will definitely return again.Special Features:
- Great Placejd90069VIPDined on 11/8/2014My partner and I live just around the corner from this place and decided to try it out. Great place. Nice atmosphere and friendly service. I normally stick with the traditional Italian fare and this did not disappoint - the lasagne is excellent! The staff is attentive. They do not fool around on wine prices but the selection is good and the pours are decent. I have been back several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014Starters were amazing and my pasta was very tasty however it was way under cooked.Special Features:
- DeliciousTwinksterVIPDined on 10/31/2014It was Halloween and all the waiters were in costume. Our waiter was congenial and attentive. The food was fabulous. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely for lunch with girlfriendsYummyDined on 10/24/2014Three of us had a beautiful lunch in the garden like setting at Riva Bella. Everything was delicious and the service excellent. It was very quiet and everyone was impressed with the ambiance. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top LA restaurantFooodieVIPDined on 10/17/2014Make sure to try their truffles pizza. It's second to none!!! I Never skip Riva when traveling to LA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/7/2014Loved it. It was my second time. Great service and very friendly staff! The food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- formerredheadDined on 10/5/2014A wonderful place for a celebration. Don't want to spend so much money? Try the "Sunday Supper." Only $25 per person as long as 2 peoople order it. A real bargain?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2eatLuvgoodfoodDined on 10/1/2014The restaurant is beautiful, menu is nice, but I think much too expensive for what you get. Portions are decent size, but $48 dollar for a pizza with truffles.....really?Special Features:
- Good pastasrb3000Dined on 9/26/2014I had the eggplant parmigiana appetizer, risotto, and lemon pasta for dinner; the dishes were all above average. The ice cream made at table side for dessert was very good. Drinks were above average. The quasi-outdoor environment with creative lighting provides excellent ambience; however, it is still dark and my friends had difficulty reading the menu. The night we went was extremely noisy. There were numerous birthday celebrations and fire crackers were constantly going off. Service was good. Overall, it was a good experience but not stand out.Special Features:
- Date nightAllaboutdebDined on 9/17/2014Everything was great I have been to Italy several times and it brought back memories . The food and what the waiter recommended was perfect . We will go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go on SundaylarsandVIPDined on 9/14/2014Despite the loud music and a somewhat empty room, the Sunday Night Supper is one of the best deals in town. Your get a choice of two appetizers (including 2 delicious pizzas, or salad), one pasta (the best lasagne), one main course (flat iron steak or salmon) and dessert. A feast for $25!!!! Check out the website....I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now THAT'S Italian>>>pogiVIPDined on 9/13/2014Had our first meal during dine LA week - had tom come back to make sure it wasn't just a lucky night. Best beef carpaccio I have ever had - fine neopolitan pizza - and pasta that had flavor that was better than most in LA - which is saying something. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time!Cindy51Dined on 9/6/2014I love in the Bay Area and this was my third time back to this place! Every time I come the food is spectacular! Highly recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rude Hostesses, Great Server!GreatserverDined on 9/6/2014We were greeted by two most obnoxious Hostesses, named Patty and Emma. On September 6, 2014, a few celebrities were dining there and I guess it had gotten to Hostesses' heads that they were celebrities too and too good for their job to be polite and respectful towards diners. However no matter how rude they were to me and my boyfriend, it was made up by our server for the night, Arron, who was polite and gave us great service and also the manager, Josh, took care of a $15 dessert we had eaten, when I complained to him about the rude hostesses. I do recommend this restaurant but make sure you have minimum contact with hostesses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superb staffmitchVIPDined on 9/6/2014We had been to RivaBella before and enjoyed it. Our expectations are always more or less moderate, when going to a restaurant operated by large multi unit operator, but we were surprised at just how good both the food and the staff were. The staff is absolutely outstanding-attentive but not meddling; pleasant and low key, efficient but relaxed at the same time. And of course, the wonderful open air room is a great place to spend an evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CeleebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/6/2014The food is amazing, the service is 5-star and the atmosphere is delightful. We will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most Improved Restaurant in arealuv2dineVIPDined on 9/6/2014We wrote some bad reviews of this restaurant when it opened, but we kept going back because it is so close to our home, and I am happy we did. Our biggest complaint about this restaurant when it opened was poor service. Since then, they have gone from poor service to excellent service. The food has always been outstanding. We couldn't be happier with how this restaurant has evolved. It is now one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Consistently exceeds expectationsGsPalateDined on 9/4/2014Another memorable dinner at RivaBella. With its romantic ambience, creative and authentic seasonal Italian cuisine, and exceptional service, one can always find something new at this sister restaurant to LA's renowned Osteria Angelini. While we love the latter, we have little reason to leave our neighborhood for exquisite Italian fare. The sea bream crudo bursting with flavor was the perfect antipasti; the pasta special with crumbled sausage, comfort food at its best; and the rib-eye with salmoriglio not only cooked to perfection but flavorful enough to please both foodie mom and our 10 year-old, who ended her meal with vanilla ice cream made just for her. The authentic tiramisu (rare in LA) was the perfect end to the parents' meal!Special Features:
- penny1centDined on 8/16/2014Our 3rd awesome meal there! We love it. Great with friends or family or for date night!Special Features:
- Phenomenal ExperienceDonatelloDined on 8/16/2014RivaBella is one of those restaurants that, if you know what to order, and you go in with an open mind, you're going to have an amazing evening. The staff is top notch, the food is superb, and ambience is outstanding, all pulled together for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- superb italianrogerHDined on 8/16/2014Dropped by this italian restaurant on the way to LAX, found it by accident. Ground floor of an office building, but has a very nice lush outside dining area with trees, and an overhead arbor. I had the Nidi di Rondine, and my friend had Bacantini. Both were fantastic, and very reasonably priced. Service was excellent, all servers look after all tables.Special Features:
- Good food, meh serviceadl625Dined on 8/15/2014Food - delicious. Get the mushroom risotto and you won't regret it. The other entrees were ok. The server was extremely pushy, and not in a fun way. I honestly thought he might yell at me if I didn't order his suggestion. Not the most pleasant service experience. But the ambiance is lovely.Special Features:
- Customer service!JessicaDined on 8/6/2014Having managed Manhattan bars for a decade, I always hope the servers will be welcoming and AT LEAST introduce themselves. Our waiter never told us his name, forgot my boyfriends drink after he was reminded 3 times, was in NO rush to check up on is after our food came, and dropped the check In the center of the table as if it were a wet rag and walked away. The sad thing is, I know there is a waitress/waiter out there who actually needs the money and needs the job at such an amazing place like Rivabella, but won't get hired because this guy is just putting gratuity on everything and making a great living. Nobody should he entitled to a job like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good or no good?FoodieDined on 8/6/2014The hostess killed it at first. Not very nice. The waiter made up for it and even offered to buy us dessert for our anniversary (though he later forgot to take it off our check) since he forgot to keep my husbands salad dressing on the side. Oh well. On the way out the hostess seemed more pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFoodProfessorDined on 8/2/2014This is a beautiful restaurant. However, the frightfully expensive food was mediocre at best. More importantly, we were not treated well. The staff is very unprofessional. We requested a patio table, but were escorted past several empty tables on the patio to a small, noisy room in the rear. When I asked about the patio, we were told it had been booked "for months." Months? Really? The room to which we were shown was clearly the place they seat everyone under 21 and over 40. The acoustics were so poor we could barely converse. Our server had a poor attitude; she scowled and mumbled through the whole evening. The have a bunch of gimmicky table-side dishes. Don't fall for the show.Special Features:
- Very nice DinnerLindafromLAVIPDined on 8/2/2014Had a wonderful booth, a terrific waiter and good food and drinks.Special Features:
- The following 181 reviews are from the RivaBella reviews archive.
- Long Wait With ReservationRegularPatronVIPDined on 7/26/2014Our reservation was at 9:15. We got there 10 min early and still had to wait 25 minutes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/25/2014We went there as a party of 7, and we had a great time. The service was wonderful, and the food was very good. Everyone enjoyed their food.Special Features:
- WHAT A PLEASENT SURPRISEMrljbVIPDined on 7/22/2014WENT DURING DINELA WEEK. ONE OF THE BEST DINELA MENU'S. THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT AS WAS THE SERVICE. FROM THE TIME YOU APPROACH THE RECEPTION DESK TO THE WAITER AND HIS ASSISTANTS THE ATTENTION IS GREAT. CARMILLO WAS OUR WAITER AND HE WAS MARVELOUS. MY SPOUSE AND I WOULD DEFINITELY RETURN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere!BlanketDined on 7/22/2014Absolutely loved this place. We had lunch on a Tuesday and we were surprised by the beautiful open garden surroundings, the comfy booths, food and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereDLPADined on 7/19/2014Loved everything about this place. Was worried it was going to be pretentious and overrated food but it turned out to be excellent in every way. Extremely polite and attentive personal service, and really really good food. Portions are large so order sparingly if you're a small eater. Music was buzzy enough to be lively, but not too loud so you can't hear yourself talk. Such a fabulous restaurant, I'd definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!!!!hhillsfoodieVIPDined on 7/19/2014We loved the ambiance and the food !!!! Thomas was awesome attending. The liquid nitrogen ice team was a fun viewing experience and very tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.