Riva - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa
3030 Holiday Drive
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Riva - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottharborbeach.com/
- Phone: 9547653100
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 6:30am - 11:30am; Sunday Brunch: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner Hours of Operation change based on season.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: John Leslie
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Two elegantly appointed private dining rooms are located inside Riva Restaurant and are perfect for groups up to 30 guests.
Larger parties of 30 or more can also be reserved.
Contact Ginger Branford for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Ginger Branford 9547653141
- Entertainment: Contemporary background music all morning & afternoon.
- Special Events: Best Sunday Brunch in Fort Lauderdale: Breathtaking views, bottomless champagne and mimosas, & indoor/outdoor seating.
$40 per person
A word from Riva - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa
With Beach Terrace access and ocean views, Riva is the perfect transition from the elegant Marriott at Harbor Beach lobby to the playful beach. A menu that features Classic American dishes (from traditional classics to contemporary seafood) offers families a great dining option with something for everyone!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Riva - Marriott Harbor Beach Resort and Spa reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2013I loved the beautiful view of the beach, it really added something special to the brunch. The mimosas and champagne were top notch and the food was fresh and tasty. I thought that the selection of salads, main dishes and desserts were enough to satisfy anyone's taste. The quiet atmosphere made it possible to enjoy my guests.Special Features:
- The food was great, bottom-lessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/24/2013The food was great, bottom-less mimosas were even better. Great price and great service.Special Features:
- C'est magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/3/2013Sunday Brunch at the Marriott Harbor Beach always has a fantastic choice of delicious food in an array of light salads, eggs benedict with béarnaise sauce, multiple varieties of vegetables prepared in several ways, and also has a great raw bar with jumbo shrimp, crab legs, smoked salmon, and variety of breads. There is an omelette station waiting to make your huge omelette of your liking. Be sure to leave room for pastries as the assortment is too good to pass up, especially with the chocolate fountain. Champagne to top it all off. Forget your diet. It is all too tempting and too tasty. Have been returning for years and never disappointed. The staff is very attentive. Nice views of garden and ocean just beyond that. I'll be returning!!Special Features:
- Ate at the bar - bar fooddebbDined on 1/26/2013Ate at the bar - bar food was very tasty, service was okay.
- Their brunch is great!! CoverssuzanneVIPDined on 9/16/2012Their brunch is great!! Covers all the necessary bases and the bottomless mimosas are wonderful!!!!! I'll return often.Special Features:
- The restaurant was OK, andRichardDined on 9/2/2012The restaurant was OK, and the quite modest buffet was all right. But it could not compare with a Sunday brunch at another Marriott in Ft. Lauderdale on the Intracoastal - now closed. We had not considered that the hotel on the Sunday of Labor Day Weekend would be so jammed with people coming and going. We've never seen anything like it, and it made for hectic arrivals, parking, and departures - though the staff was working hard to deal with it. We believe that there must be better Sunday brunches elsewhere in the Fort Lauderdale-Pompano Beach region.
- DARE TO BE YOURSELFOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2012I APPRECIATE GOOD SERVICE, GOOD FOOD AND THE SCENERY MUST BE ON POINT AND I ENJOY ALL OF THAT AT HARBER BEACH MARRIOTT.Special Features:
- Over priced for the type ofOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Over priced for the type of food served and the poor service.The presentation.,service and food quality was not like years before.For the same price I should of gone to the buffet at the Ritz Carlton.
- Service was great. EveryoneOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012Service was great. Everyone was very helpful and super. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Overall it was good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2012Overall it was good experience and the food was great but not as big a spread as we expected. The breakfast station only had omelets, no egg benedicts, no blintzes. Also missed the fresh oysters in the seafood section. Desserts were very good and a big selection! The view of the ocean was very nice but the room itself was very bland. Service was very good and the Mimosas kept flowing.Special Features:
- The brunch was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/22/2012The brunch was very good. The setup of the foods were done very nice. Beau view.tifulSpecial Features:
- A good solid choice for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/12/2012This isn't one of those crazy extravagant Sunday brunches, but it's reasonable for what you get compared to what you pay ($35/person--including unlimited Mimosas).Special Features:
- Great place 4 brunch!BrianDined on 1/1/2012Second time...enjoyed it again...and I'll be back sooner!Special Features:
- Outstanding dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/1/2012Outstanding dining experience! Superb service and very high quality selection of food and desserts! It was an awesome brunch! Great way to start the New Year!Special Features:
- The food was delicious butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011The food was delicious but I was not expecting a buffet on new years. However, the food and service was excellent. Everyone was very willing and able to do whatever you needed. I recommend Riva.Special Features:
- Outstanding! My server wasBrianDined on 11/27/2011Outstanding! My server was wonderful, and so was all the staff(especially the omelette chef - she personally brought pancakes to my table). Wow! What a welcomed surprise! I will be back at my next opportunity.Special Features:
- brought friends prior to theirOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/20/2011brought friends prior to their cruise,they enjoyed itSpecial Features:
- They delivered what they advertisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2011They delivered what they advertised,we will recommend it to friends and we will go back!Special Features:
- The brunch was everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/30/2011The brunch was everything I could have hoped for. Endless champagne and crab claws on the buffet? Gets no better than that!! Will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- The Place is Fantastic. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/23/2011The Place is Fantastic. The Service is Excellent and Impeccable. Will Come Back Again.Special Features:
- I was very impressed withangieDined on 5/29/2011I was very impressed with the whole experience from the parking to the dessert. The food was excelleent, all the servers were so kind and had great personalities. I loved the atmosphere looking out into the ocean. I will without a doubt come back again!!!!
- enjoyed breakfast buffet here,OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/15/2011enjoyed breakfast buffet here, since the hotel we were staying at was under renovation
- We booked brunch because itML15VIPDined on 1/24/2010We booked brunch because it was ocean side. We were marched past the semi ocean view tables, and past the the swarms of people dressed in shorts and flip flops hovering over the fried food, to the back of the restaurant and seated facing a wooden paneled wall. Almost ocean view. We were offered champagne (wait sorry, sparkling wine) right away. My friend looked at me and said, "are we at Denny's?). We promptly left and went on to have an outstanding brunch at the W. Skip this touristy nonsense.
- Service was terrible for Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/10/2009Service was terrible for Mother's Day. They tried to sit us 10 miles away from the buffet and we had a reservation. Server also told us we only had 45 minutes to eat before they had to reset the tables. IT was hot, noisy , and not worth the money.Special Features:
- The food was quite good andOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/2/2009The food was quite good and the wait staff were friendly, however, the service was a bit slow (took about 2 hrs) so we were not able to have dessert and still catch our theater show.Special Features:
- We ate four meals (3 breakfast,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/31/2009We ate four meals (3 breakfast, 1 dinner) at Riva while staying at the Marriott. The restaurant is totally ugly, especially compared to the adjoing 3030 Ocean restaurant, but hopefully that will change with renovations. My husband and I are both vegetarians so the best meals for us were Sunday brunch and Saturday night dinner buffet. Both offered tons of diverse non-meat options. The regular menu did not appeal to us.Special Features:
- The resrtaurant was overlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009The resrtaurant was overly lit. Service was poor. This is a buffet. Is not what we expected. The food was OK-Good. The server said she would set the table. She didn't. When we returned from going through the line, I asked another server if we could have utensils. She told me to take them off another table. This was Valentine's Day with Champaign invcluded. The server showed up with the Champaigne about 15 minutes after our arrival. The buffet was $48/each. Ridiculously high for the atmosphere and service. Buffets don't require much service and you get even less than expected. The room was reconfigured for large groups. Looked like a banquest hall interlaced with small tables. Could have played a basketball game under the lights.
- Riva which has been good forOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/25/2008Riva which has been good for brunch and special occasions is undergoing renovations. The section of the restaurant that we were seated was the worst of any restaurant I can recall. Narrow with no windows - they now have ZERO ambiance. Service was lacking as they were easily into lunch for one hour before they got everthing set-out to eat. We were pretty much done by the time they got out the Shrimp, bread, certain meats, butter, Cream Cheese, etc. Made Christmas Day less than it should have been.
- Ate in the bar because theKorzoVIPDined on 11/25/2008Ate in the bar because the restaurant was unexpectedly closed. So cannot really evaluate the Riva restaurant, just the bar.
- The outdoor patio is currentlyQueenYumYumVIPDined on 11/9/2008The outdoor patio is currently under construction, but when it is ready, it will have a beautiful view. Carmen, our server was a delight.Special Features:
- Great place to dine if youOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2008Great place to dine if you were staying at this fantastic hotel.Special Features:
- so sad , we are actually membersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/23/2008so sad , we are actually members at Harbor Beach and we love it! we don'y know what is happening, Thnaksgiving Dinner was the same mess!! Riva for regular Brunch is the best!, we understand now that for special event they just want the amount of people!! we were dissapointed by the amount of people they had we were the 600 table, canopy outside ,not nice! speaker in our ears, very slow service !! What its going on Marriott? !! need to keep your standars at Harbor Beach !! too crowded, too loud, too slow, food ok nothing new, even the Easter Bunny was overwhelmend VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!!!
- Nice hotel restaurant. ThursdayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/13/2008Nice hotel restaurant. Thursday nights there is a buffet--it was a very nice one.