Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
700 E Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivanavypier.com/
- Phone: 3126447482x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Mon - Thur: 5:00pm – 9:30pm; Fri 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sat 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sun 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luigi Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department, specializing in events of all types.
- Special Events: Riva offers three private dining rooms for your special occasions and corporate events. The skyline creates a beautiful background for any event. Contact Michelle Mori at email@example.com for more information.
A word from Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline & Lake Michigan at Riva on the Navy Pier. Featuring a variety of premium seafood, steaks & daily chef’s specials, the nautically inspired dining room is complimented by the experienced service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier reviews from OpenTable diners
311 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (268)special occasion (169)romantic (121)fit for foodies (94)good for groups (93)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (41)great for brunch (31)kid-friendly (31)hot spot (31)great for outdoor dining (28)late-night find (27)vibrant bar scene (15)Show More
- Great seafood and view of City.LandMDined on 9/27/2014Riva's has good service, food, and great food. All of the seafood dishes which our party ordered were fantastic. Also, we told our waitress we had a time limit, (we had tickets for the play at the Shakespeare Theatre), and she accommodated us without rushing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableCodyVIPDined on 9/27/2014This is the place to go before a Chicago Shakespeare Theater production.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivaLibertadVIPDined on 9/27/2014We went following a play at the Shakespeare. The food is good, but not memorable. A little pricey in my opinion, even with the theater discount.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014As usual, the food, service, view and ambiance of Riva were excellent.Special Features:
- 2essenceVIPDined on 9/26/2014This time we didn't order a lot of food, and they were still as professional and accommodating as ever.I appreciate that in good restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014dinner before theater, good food and we are served to meet our curtainSpecial Features:
- Navy Pier's BestNiceWVIPDined on 9/25/2014If you want to have a lovely meal in a beautiful setting and you like seafood, this is your place. They also have meat or chicken options. Service is always attentive and not intrusive. Try to sit near the windows for a view of the lake and skyline and boats, large and small. Make reservations, especially on the weekends. We had the beet salad and the grilled halibut with veggies. It's all delicious. One of us had the cioppino (a seafood stew) and loved it. Desserts are large and yummy. Our dish of 3 or 4 gelatos in a pastry cup was enough for 3. Prices are in moderate to high range but they are worth it. For a perfect evening get tickets to Chi. Shakespeare and dine at Riva beforehand.Special Features:
- JkjkVIPDined on 9/24/2014I'd eaten here several years ago and was really looking forward to returning I was a big fan of Lino's and owned restaurants for 30 years We came in and were seated at the window which we had requested on open table They were breaking down tables loudly and the lights were so bright we thought the Bulls were going to practice there Food was great and I expect it was a hiccup I'll be backSpecial Features:
- Great food, great service and view!Kays3KidDined on 9/20/2014A group of five us stopped for lunch before heading to Chicago Shakespeare. Everyone liked their meals very much and thought the house wine was very good. Service was top notch. Crab cake and salads were very well prepared and presented. Beware of the chocolate cake! One dessert was more than enough for five of us, but it was worth every bite: delicious!Special Features:
- Great View/servicedefoodieDined on 9/19/2014Our server Able was fantastic. Great views, drinks, and overall a great dining experience. Highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious King Crab!GottaRun4Dined on 9/19/2014Some of the best King Crab legs I've ever had. The Au Gratin potatoes are a must! A bit on the pricey side ($170 with tip for dinner with an appetizer, wine, and a dessert) but when you are dining downtown, it's part of the territory. Eat at any Chicago steakhouse, and you're spending almost that amount per person anyway. The service was fantastic and we were able to get a 7 pm reservation on a Friday night just a few hours before. Looking forward to our next Riva experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewPickymanDined on 9/19/2014I took my husband there for his birthday because I wanted some GOOD lobster...(hehehe) He had the sole and was elated at how great it tasted. Over all the experience was a good time.Special Features:
- Date night at the Riva.Sylvia1Dined on 9/19/2014Riva Crabhouse is a great place for a seafood dining experience. Great food, excellent service, beautiful view. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- No BargainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Even with the 20% off for Shakespeare and no wine or desert, we spent $80. The seafood appetizer was disappointing. However, the fish - halibut and sea bass - were well cooked and fresh, and the vegetables were crisp and yummy.
- A favorite pre-show dinnerIllini33Dined on 9/18/2014Whenever we go to Shakespeare at Navy Pier we go to Riva's, and it's not just for the Shakespeare discount! Great food, excellent service, fresh fish specials....can't be beat. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- Lunch for our visitors from ParislynnloveslifeDined on 9/18/2014Lovely spot on the pier! Food was delicious, had the blackened whitefish, crab legs and oysters. Delish-ioso! Waiter very attentive and knowledgeable... loved the water view... would have loved for the view to be on the north side ... skyline but really great atmosphere!Special Features:
- No ReviewmyreviewDined on 9/16/2014I have no review for this restaurant. The food was OK. I may return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WashingtonianDined on 9/15/2014Excellent staff and menu for surf and turf, which is key for my typical group dining needs. I bring all my out-of-town guests here.Special Features:
- BaxbiDined on 9/15/2014All nine of us really enjoyed our meal and the views can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of Money, Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food was overpriced for the quality. For the same price may as well went downtown for much better quality.Special Features:
- Our quarterly get togethergroupof6Dined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant for view, ambiance & food. The chairs are comfy and the lighting level is just right for a group of 6 with average age 70. The parking is so resonable and v. convenient. All in all I/we always enjoy going there. I feel invigorated when I am thereSpecial Features:
- Decent food and nice scenic bar.TimothyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had reservations but decided to sit in the bar area instead. The view is great and the food is good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Great value for a Chicago restaurant. The prices are resonable and the location is great with nice views. GREAT waitstaff. THX!Special Features:
- Does not diaappointdinealotVIPDined on 9/12/2014We frequently come to Riva pre-theatre. You can count on excellent food, a wonderful view, and generally good service.Special Features:
- Riva RulesCheersDined on 9/12/2014Food is absolutely delicious and service is fabulous. Ate dinner prior to seeing "King Lear" at CST. While dining we had a lovely view of the lake. Can't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Food, Awesome View!StevenDined on 9/12/2014Our meal started with the cheese & fruit plate and the beet salad - both giving a tasty start to the meal. My wife had the Dover sole - filleted table side. I had the baramundi over lobster risotto. Both were excellently prepared. For desert: peach sorbet served in a frozen, hollowed out peach. A light, tasty end to a great meal. We sat next to the windows with a view to Lake Michigan and the Chicago Skyline. The view is every-changing as the sun sets over the city, and even though, it was cloudy, the sights are dramatic. The service was quick (but we never felt rushed), friendly and attentive. Our server automatically gave us the 20% Chicago Shakespeare Theater discount (we never mentioned we were going to the show).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why hadn't we heard of Riva sooner?EyemomDined on 9/11/2014A friend recommended Riva when I was looking for a place with a view - and then everyone knew about it! We had a wonderful time, the food and atmosphere were better than expected, and I think I'll be able to get my husband to go to Navy Pier more often now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva visitLuisCortes1Dined on 9/9/2014Great from start to finish. The waiter was knowledgeable on the food and drinks. Very accomodating and very friendly. Will go back for sure. My friends were delighted and overall was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewLocalLinnaDined on 9/8/2014We were there during a trade show. The kitchen was overwhelmed, we had a difficult time ordering drinks. Surely they can staff up during shows. It was quite noisy. But you cannot beat the view of the beautiful city. And this evening the food was really good. I had the halibut with corn crust - it was moist, delicious.Special Features:
- Great food Great viewsCesarcamaronesDined on 9/7/2014The service was exceptional, the oysters were delicious and all the food from the steaks to the chicken were fabulous. The scenery...breath taking. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMrsJDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful day, beautiful group for lunch. Food was very good. No complaints.Special Features:
- Better for Dinner than LunchTonkDined on 9/7/2014Riva accommodated our request to be by the windows. The food was very good but the fish portion on the grouper sandwich was a bit small for the price. Unless you are making lunch your main meal, I would recommend the restaurant for dinner rather than lunch since the lunch menu is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkerDined on 9/6/2014Great food. We ate the crab cakes, clam chowder, striped sea bass special and the linguine with spicy sauce and lobster. All was great. Good service too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/6/2014The food was great! It was very crowded Venetician night, which might explain the extended wait time to be served our entrees. Otherwise, my husband and I had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend it for a date, lunch or dinner, because the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva's is a gemKittyDined on 9/6/2014We were seated at a table with a beautiful scenic view. Too or surprise and delight there was a lighted boat parade and fireworks display. Our food was delicious and plentiful. The service was also excellent. Very attentive, professional and friendly. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectalur Restaurant on Navy PierMommaKiki123Dined on 9/6/2014Riva was chosen during a weekend visit to Chicago to celebrate my son and girlfriend's 2nd "dating" anniversary. We were seated at a table next to the window overlooking the water and thoroughly enjoyed the gorgeous view of Chicago's skyline and sunset. Food and drinks were fabulous as well as our wait staff. Can't wait to come back!!!!Special Features:
- Great food for a tourist areaYummyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was great but the service was even better. Quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our fish dishes with the spectacular fireworks display on Navy Pier. Despite being a very busy restaurant the wait staff made us feel like we had all the time in the world. My sea bass with lobster risotto was delicious and beautifully presented. Would love to return here our next time in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Tim our server was great, he was very engaging and connected with my husband and I. The food was great but I am very big on good service and will most likely return because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convinient locatedLongwaitforfoodDined on 8/30/2014Booked 9 days in advance , asking for a table with a water view to be able to see the fireworks. Manager told us nothing was a available and nobody stayed at the 2 hours anyway and placed us at the high traffic area in the very back. We got a bread basket and water and were left alone for the next 15 min before our waiter finally asked if we wanted a drink. Food was better that expected, but service very poor.Special Features: