Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
700 E Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivanavypier.com/
- Phone: 3126447482x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Mon - Thur: 5:00pm – 9:30pm; Fri 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sat 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sun 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luigi Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department, specializing in events of all types.
- Special Events: Riva offers three private dining rooms for your special occasions and corporate events. The skyline creates a beautiful background for any event. Contact Michelle Mori at email@example.com for more information.
A word from Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline & Lake Michigan at Riva on the Navy Pier. Featuring a variety of premium seafood, steaks & daily chef’s specials, the nautically inspired dining room is complimented by the experienced service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (268)special occasion (165)romantic (119)good for groups (89)fit for foodies (86)great for lunch (55)notable wine list (53)neighborhood gem (36)great for brunch (31)hot spot (31)kid-friendly (31)late-night find (27)great for outdoor dining (25)vibrant bar scene (14)Show More
- Delicious King Crab!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Some of the best King Crab legs I've ever had. The Au Gratin potatoes are a must! A bit on the pricey side ($170 with tip for dinner with an appetizer, wine, and a dessert) but when you are dining downtown, it's part of the territory. Eat at any Chicago steakhouse, and you're spending almost that amount per person anyway. The service was fantastic and we were able to get a 7 pm reservation on a Friday night just a few hours before. Looking forward to our next Riva experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I took my husband there for his birthday because I wanted some GOOD lobster...(hehehe) He had the sole and was elated at how great it tasted. Over all the experience was a good time.Special Features:
- No BargainOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Even with the 20% off for Shakespeare and no wine or desert, we spent $80. The seafood appetizer was disappointing. However, the fish - halibut and sea bass - were well cooked and fresh, and the vegetables were crisp and yummy.
- A favorite pre-show dinnerIllini33Dined on 9/18/2014Whenever we go to Shakespeare at Navy Pier we go to Riva's, and it's not just for the Shakespeare discount! Great food, excellent service, fresh fish specials....can't be beat. We'll be back again and again.Special Features:
- No ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I have no review for this restaurant. The food was OK. I may return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WashingtonianDined on 9/15/2014Excellent staff and menu for surf and turf, which is key for my typical group dining needs. I bring all my out-of-town guests here.Special Features:
- BaxbiDined on 9/15/2014All nine of us really enjoyed our meal and the views can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waste of Money, Poor QualityOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Food was overpriced for the quality. For the same price may as well went downtown for much better quality.Special Features:
- Our quarterly get togethergroupof6Dined on 9/13/2014This is my favorite restaurant for view, ambiance & food. The chairs are comfy and the lighting level is just right for a group of 6 with average age 70. The parking is so resonable and v. convenient. All in all I/we always enjoy going there. I feel invigorated when I am thereSpecial Features:
- Decent food and nice scenic bar.TimothyDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I had reservations but decided to sit in the bar area instead. The view is great and the food is good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Great value for a Chicago restaurant. The prices are resonable and the location is great with nice views. GREAT waitstaff. THX!Special Features:
- Does not diaappointdinealotVIPDined on 9/12/2014We frequently come to Riva pre-theatre. You can count on excellent food, a wonderful view, and generally good service.Special Features:
- Riva RulesCheersDined on 9/12/2014Food is absolutely delicious and service is fabulous. Ate dinner prior to seeing "King Lear" at CST. While dining we had a lovely view of the lake. Can't ask for a better dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Food, Awesome View!StevenDined on 9/12/2014Our meal started with the cheese & fruit plate and the beet salad - both giving a tasty start to the meal. My wife had the Dover sole - filleted table side. I had the baramundi over lobster risotto. Both were excellently prepared. For desert: peach sorbet served in a frozen, hollowed out peach. A light, tasty end to a great meal. We sat next to the windows with a view to Lake Michigan and the Chicago Skyline. The view is every-changing as the sun sets over the city, and even though, it was cloudy, the sights are dramatic. The service was quick (but we never felt rushed), friendly and attentive. Our server automatically gave us the 20% Chicago Shakespeare Theater discount (we never mentioned we were going to the show).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Why hadn't we heard of Riva sooner?EyemomDined on 9/11/2014A friend recommended Riva when I was looking for a place with a view - and then everyone knew about it! We had a wonderful time, the food and atmosphere were better than expected, and I think I'll be able to get my husband to go to Navy Pier more often now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva visitLuisCortes1Dined on 9/9/2014Great from start to finish. The waiter was knowledgeable on the food and drinks. Very accomodating and very friendly. Will go back for sure. My friends were delighted and overall was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat the viewLocalLinnaDined on 9/8/2014We were there during a trade show. The kitchen was overwhelmed, we had a difficult time ordering drinks. Surely they can staff up during shows. It was quite noisy. But you cannot beat the view of the beautiful city. And this evening the food was really good. I had the halibut with corn crust - it was moist, delicious.Special Features:
- Great food Great viewsCesarcamaronesDined on 9/7/2014The service was exceptional, the oysters were delicious and all the food from the steaks to the chicken were fabulous. The scenery...breath taking. Great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LunchMrsJDined on 9/7/2014Beautiful day, beautiful group for lunch. Food was very good. No complaints.Special Features:
- Better for Dinner than LunchTonkDined on 9/7/2014Riva accommodated our request to be by the windows. The food was very good but the fish portion on the grouper sandwich was a bit small for the price. Unless you are making lunch your main meal, I would recommend the restaurant for dinner rather than lunch since the lunch menu is a bit pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mkerDined on 9/6/2014Great food. We ate the crab cakes, clam chowder, striped sea bass special and the linguine with spicy sauce and lobster. All was great. Good service too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 9/6/2014The food was great! It was very crowded Venetician night, which might explain the extended wait time to be served our entrees. Otherwise, my husband and I had a wonderful time. I would definitely recommend it for a date, lunch or dinner, because the view is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva's is a gemKittyDined on 9/6/2014We were seated at a table with a beautiful scenic view. Too or surprise and delight there was a lighted boat parade and fireworks display. Our food was delicious and plentiful. The service was also excellent. Very attentive, professional and friendly. Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectalur Restaurant on Navy PierMommaKiki123Dined on 9/6/2014Riva was chosen during a weekend visit to Chicago to celebrate my son and girlfriend's 2nd "dating" anniversary. We were seated at a table next to the window overlooking the water and thoroughly enjoyed the gorgeous view of Chicago's skyline and sunset. Food and drinks were fabulous as well as our wait staff. Can't wait to come back!!!!Special Features:
- Great food for a tourist areaYummyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was great but the service was even better. Quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our fish dishes with the spectacular fireworks display on Navy Pier. Despite being a very busy restaurant the wait staff made us feel like we had all the time in the world. My sea bass with lobster risotto was delicious and beautifully presented. Would love to return here our next time in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Tim our server was great, he was very engaging and connected with my husband and I. The food was great but I am very big on good service and will most likely return because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convinient locatedLongwaitforfoodDined on 8/30/2014Booked 9 days in advance , asking for a table with a water view to be able to see the fireworks. Manager told us nothing was a available and nobody stayed at the 2 hours anyway and placed us at the high traffic area in the very back. We got a bread basket and water and were left alone for the next 15 min before our waiter finally asked if we wanted a drink. Food was better that expected, but service very poor.Special Features:
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my 60th birthday so we had a group of 6. The food was excellent as always. I had the crab cakes and they were excellent !!! A must to visit when traveling to Chicago!! Beautiful site on Navy Pier!!Special Features:
- Special!BeckyDined on 8/30/2014Great food: had the lobster corn bisque soup & small filet, both were wonderful! Server was very accommodating & party of 4 were all very happy. View of Lake Michigan was stunning. Celebrated 3 birthdays and it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- 1st time there fantastic experienceKooldoc1Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful place excellent service great food beautiful view. will definitely return many more times. A+ OUTSTANDING!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva the best to goSusanDined on 8/29/2014We went there at the recommendation of a friend for a birthday celebration. It was a wonderful experience. Pricey , average portion size, but the ambience , the service proved to be above expectation. Would recommend to family and friends. Will visit again .Special Features:
- Great view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Riva - one of the many Phil Stephani restaurants in the Chicago area at Navy Pier is a place I always want to visit be it for a martini and appetizer at the bar or a full meal at the window gaping at the Field Museum and the Planetarium. Our meal was outstanding. We all had seafood and it was delicious. Service was diligent and friendly. I will return as I have in the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and service. Wonderful by all those in the party of 8.Special Features:
- ZanesuDined on 8/24/2014My husband, children and grandchildren chose Riva to celebrate two birthdays of boys aged 14 and 15. It was perfect -- great food, a wonderful, attentive waiter, who even took the time to engage the boys in conversation. It was a memorable occasion for all. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Catch the fireworksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a window on a Saturday, fabulous food and a great view of the fireworks. Really memorable.Special Features:
- Fireworks!TriedItDined on 8/23/2014The whole evening was great! From the food, the service and the view of the fireworks, everything was quite enjoyable. I would have liked more crab in my Pasta with jumbo lump crab but it still tasted good. The shrimp and crab gumbo was not what I expected but it was still good. We thought the lobster bisque was better. The portions were good size; you won't go hungry. Dessert was good but ordinary, nothing unique, you can get flourless chocolate cake and gelato anywhere. We asked to be sat by the windows to see the fireworks and the host/manager put us at a great table. Thanks for that because that was the reason we chose the restaurant and lucky for us the food did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOSTLY JUST GOODshrensterDined on 8/23/2014Riva mostly just has the location going for them. The views of the pier and the tall ship were beautiful and fit into our plan for the day as we wanted to take the kids to ride the ferris wheel and watch the fireworks. Our dinners (crab legs and salmon) were good, but nothing incredible, however the potatoes au gratin were delicious. There was an extremely noisy table in our room - to the point of being obnoxious - which is always a bit of a disappointment, but not the fault of the restaurant. Service was good. All in all, a very nice place to visit with a great scenic view for tourists, but don't expect to leave with a fit-for-foodie experience.Special Features:
- Good overall but....CiboDined on 8/23/2014The overall the restaurant, service and the food are good, not extraoordinary. The only issue was the attitude of hostes at the entrance (in the second floor). A simlle and good afternoon will be appreciated.Special Features:
- Downtowndiner2Dined on 8/22/2014Great service. Great food. Celebrated my Mom's birthday. The giant piece of chocolate cake was delicious.Special Features: