Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
700 E Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.rivanavypier.com/
- Phone: 3126447482x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Mon - Thur: 5:00pm – 9:30pm; Fri 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sat 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Sun 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Luigi Garcia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Phil Stefani Signature Events is a full service off-site catering department, specializing in events of all types.
- Special Events: Riva offers three private dining rooms for your special occasions and corporate events. The skyline creates a beautiful background for any event. Contact Michelle Mori at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
A word from Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier
Enjoy the breathtaking views of the Chicago skyline & Lake Michigan at Riva on the Navy Pier. Featuring a variety of premium seafood, steaks & daily chef’s specials, the nautically inspired dining room is complimented by the experienced service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier - Best Restaurants in Gold Coast / Streeterville ›
Riva Crabhouse on Navy Pier reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (275)special occasion (165)romantic (117)fit for foodies (90)good for groups (85)great for lunch (61)notable wine list (54)great for brunch (39)neighborhood gem (36)kid-friendly (32)hot spot (30)great for outdoor dining (25)late-night find (23)vibrant bar scene (14)Show More
- Great food for a tourist areaYummyVIPDined on 8/30/2014The food was great but the service was even better. Quick and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva RocksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our fish dishes with the spectacular fireworks display on Navy Pier. Despite being a very busy restaurant the wait staff made us feel like we had all the time in the world. My sea bass with lobster risotto was delicious and beautifully presented. Would love to return here our next time in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Tim our server was great, he was very engaging and connected with my husband and I. The food was great but I am very big on good service and will most likely return because of the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convinient locatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014Booked 9 days in advance , asking for a table with a water view to be able to see the fireworks. Manager told us nothing was a available and nobody stayed at the 2 hours anyway and placed us at the high traffic area in the very back. We got a bread basket and water and were left alone for the next 15 min before our waiter finally asked if we wanted a drink. Food was better that expected, but service very poor.Special Features:
- enjoyeatingVIPDined on 8/30/2014We celebrated my 60th birthday so we had a group of 6. The food was excellent as always. I had the crab cakes and they were excellent !!! A must to visit when traveling to Chicago!! Beautiful site on Navy Pier!!Special Features:
- Special!BeckyDined on 8/30/2014Great food: had the lobster corn bisque soup & small filet, both were wonderful! Server was very accommodating & party of 4 were all very happy. View of Lake Michigan was stunning. Celebrated 3 birthdays and it was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- 1st time there fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/30/2014Wonderful place excellent service great food beautiful view. will definitely return many more times. A+ OUTSTANDING!! Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Riva the best to goSusanDined on 8/29/2014We went there at the recommendation of a friend for a birthday celebration. It was a wonderful experience. Pricey , average portion size, but the ambience , the service proved to be above expectation. Would recommend to family and friends. Will visit again .Special Features:
- Great view and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Riva - one of the many Phil Stephani restaurants in the Chicago area at Navy Pier is a place I always want to visit be it for a martini and appetizer at the bar or a full meal at the window gaping at the Field Museum and the Planetarium. Our meal was outstanding. We all had seafood and it was delicious. Service was diligent and friendly. I will return as I have in the past.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014Excellent food and service. Wonderful by all those in the party of 8.Special Features:
- ZanesuDined on 8/24/2014My husband, children and grandchildren chose Riva to celebrate two birthdays of boys aged 14 and 15. It was perfect -- great food, a wonderful, attentive waiter, who even took the time to engage the boys in conversation. It was a memorable occasion for all. We will definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Catch the fireworksOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We had a window on a Saturday, fabulous food and a great view of the fireworks. Really memorable.Special Features:
- Fireworks!TriedItDined on 8/23/2014The whole evening was great! From the food, the service and the view of the fireworks, everything was quite enjoyable. I would have liked more crab in my Pasta with jumbo lump crab but it still tasted good. The shrimp and crab gumbo was not what I expected but it was still good. We thought the lobster bisque was better. The portions were good size; you won't go hungry. Dessert was good but ordinary, nothing unique, you can get flourless chocolate cake and gelato anywhere. We asked to be sat by the windows to see the fireworks and the host/manager put us at a great table. Thanks for that because that was the reason we chose the restaurant and lucky for us the food did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MOSTLY JUST GOODshrensterDined on 8/23/2014Riva mostly just has the location going for them. The views of the pier and the tall ship were beautiful and fit into our plan for the day as we wanted to take the kids to ride the ferris wheel and watch the fireworks. Our dinners (crab legs and salmon) were good, but nothing incredible, however the potatoes au gratin were delicious. There was an extremely noisy table in our room - to the point of being obnoxious - which is always a bit of a disappointment, but not the fault of the restaurant. Service was good. All in all, a very nice place to visit with a great scenic view for tourists, but don't expect to leave with a fit-for-foodie experience.Special Features:
- Good overall but....CiboDined on 8/23/2014The overall the restaurant, service and the food are good, not extraoordinary. The only issue was the attitude of hostes at the entrance (in the second floor). A simlle and good afternoon will be appreciated.Special Features:
- Downtowndiner2Dined on 8/22/2014Great service. Great food. Celebrated my Mom's birthday. The giant piece of chocolate cake was delicious.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience!Nicole27Dined on 8/20/2014My boyfriend and I dined here a few days ago and it was wonderful the food, bathroom, atmosphere all get an A+ We went on a Wednesday so we got to see the firework show. The only thing I wish we were able to do is reserve a window seat so we could've stayed seated for the show. Other than that it was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014This restaurant has a beautiful view and ambience. The food is good but should be better for the price. My husband actually had to salt his salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyCustomerHappyCustomerDined on 8/20/2014Tasty food with a great view! Whether local or visitor, always a fun time to have lunch or dinner at RIVA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No better view in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The food here is wonderful, don't get me wrong! But the view of the lake is what has been wishing I was back there already. Great service, diverse menu. Beautiful spot....UPSTAIRS, not downstairs.Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014We had a reservation for 12:30. We sat at the bar and had a drink and checked in at 12:30. They told us we had to wait 10 - 15 minutes. We were seated about 5 minutes later so that wasn't too bad. We were then given a menu, water and bread and proceeded to wait for 30 minutes before we just walked out. Asked at the desk if we needed to pay for the bread and water and left.
- Nice view, scary foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/20/2014We went for lunch with our family whom we were visiting in Chicago. My husband ordered a salad and 1/2 way through his meal he found bugs in it. Immediately we told the server. She said she would tell the cooks the disturbing thing was that the manager never came to apologize and the restaurant did nothing to make us feel better. They did not charge for the salad which was the obvious thing to do, however the RIGHT thing would have been to have management come, apologize and extended some sort of extra credit. Not only was our lunch a health hazard but a real disappointment.Special Features:
- RavenVIPDined on 8/18/2014Every year at the same meeting we always make a point to go to RIVA as the service is impeccable, the ambiance super and the food outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServicebirthdayspecialDined on 8/16/2014I am greatly appreciative of our waiter, Jaime who took it upon himself to move us to a better seat for fireworks and to bring out the best food and a birthday cake slice for my girlfriend. We were in awe of the wonderful Lobster Special and are definitely coming back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing food!!!!slightlydisappointdDined on 8/15/2014Well i decided to take my boyfriend here as a birthday dinner and let me just say your food was amazing he loved it! The only problem is that the service kinda sucks. They didn't come around as often as i felt they should for the price. The girl at the front desk looked like she rather be anywhere but there and one of the waiters called my boyfriend a "niño" in other words a kid. I dont know but it just seemed kind of disrespectful since we're adults. Other than that if you overlook the staff the place is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WordManDined on 8/14/2014Simply, fresh seafood prepared and served right in a casual yet classy venue. Our waiter was eager to offer options and substitutions that were not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service3HygienistsDined on 8/14/2014We booked on line and asked for a water view.....we got a great table, the food was perfect. And the staff were so polite and attentive....an overall wonderful dinner experience. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Just what I neededEvViewDined on 8/14/2014I enjoy an early quiet dinner with a great view before an active eveningSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014Our recent anniversary dinner was excellent. We were seated promptly, and service for our meal was excellent. The food was delicious as usual.Special Features:
- FantasticyumyumDined on 8/13/2014This was a fantastic find! I'm so glad we went there to eat.Special Features:
- 8 crazy guys & they handled us wellDrewLouisDined on 8/10/2014We were boating all day - starving and had a few drinks before we go there. that said, they handled us like champs. Great service, incredible sense of humor and great food.Special Features:
- Lake view diningLuv2dinenwineDined on 8/10/2014We had a party of 6 and they honored our request to be seated near the window for best view of the lake. Navy Pier has a fun vibe and plenty to see and do. I had the ahi tuna they described as one of their specialties...it was ok and the portion was huge but disappointingly covered in some kind of sauce-we're from the northeast where they really know how to sear and serve ahi so they had big expectations to fulfill. Overall good service, great view and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and FireworksturkishdelightDined on 8/9/2014Perfect view of the Summer Fireworks along Navy Pier while enjoying my birthday dinner with a group of friends. Great service and delicious filet mignon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!kas2508Dined on 8/9/2014One of the best meals I've had in awhile! A little pricey, but definitely a good way to treat yourself or for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent VisitRickyDined on 8/9/2014Each year we look forward to spending a long weekend in the city with our kids for my husband's birthday. We enjoy dining at Riva's for the beautiful views of the chicago skyline, amazing service and delicious food. This year was no exception! Thank you for a wonderful evening Rivas!Special Features:
- RivaDiner6Dined on 8/8/2014Fantastic views of the boats at Navy Pier. Great ambience, good food, and lots of fun.Special Features:
- Great ViewDaveWDined on 8/8/2014Food was good, a bit overpriced, but the view makes up for it. There are a lot of good options on Navy Pier, this is the most expensive.Special Features:
- Not as good as prior visits.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014Went Friday night. Have always loved Riva. The view and seafood were always spectacular. This visit was very boring. Had the 'plank grilled sockeye salmon" which didn't seem to be plank grilled. Just tasteless. Grilled veges had more flavor. Very good. Husband had Chilean sea bass. Better than the salmon but still not up to par. The corn lobster bisque was good, but not special. Expensive for an average meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experience!Happy145Dined on 8/8/2014A sense of friendliness and genuine willingness by staff to serve us! Taste and presentation was outstanding. We totally enjoyed our dining experience and will return soon again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- seafood excellencelegluvrDined on 8/6/2014My wife and I very much enjoyed our dining experience at Riva's. The food was top notch and the service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.