281 Main Street
Worcester, MA 01608Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritualworcester.com/
- Phone: 5087629501x
- Hours of Operation:
Friday- 11:30- 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Eliana McCabe
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for office meetings, events, parties.
- Private Party Facilities: A new sophisticated and upscale dining experience has just arrived to Central Massachusetts. Be ready as your usual dining Ritual has just been upgraded. We would be happy to assist you with your private party. Please contact us for menus and capacity.
- Private Party Contact: Laurie 5087629501x
- Entertainment: We often have live entertainment or DJ's on the weekends. We post our entertainment on our Facebook page.
- Special Events: Every Tuesday night is Industry night! If you work in the restaurant industry just show us a pay stub or server book and we will discount your entire food bill 20% (excludes alcohol) We also offer a $5 martini menu
A word from Ritual
Are you looking for a new RITUAL ...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ritual reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (17)special occasion (16)neighborhood gem (15)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (12)good for groups (10)late-night find (9)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (3)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Awesome food, excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Ritual had a great atmosphere, delicious food, and excellent service. The drink menu was shorter than I would've expected, but the food was amazing. To start, we ordered the bacon and blue cheese dip. I was weary about it being too "blue-cheesy," but it turned out to be so great that we ordered extra pita chips to dip in it! The bacon wrapped pork tenderloin was fabulous, and the portion was very generous. My boyfriend got the seafood ravioli and had wonderful things to say about it. To add to our great experience, our waitor was fantastic! We will definitely return to Ritual again, both for drinks and for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMKatieKDined on 8/26/2014The food was wonderful, though portions a bit small. The service was slow-ish, but the waiter was super nice. Will be going back.Special Features:
- The Food, The FooddinealotDined on 8/22/2014We dined here at 4:30 PM on a Friday,that may have been a mistake. The TGIF bar crowd was in full swing and noisy, unfortunately no separation between bar and dining. Thank goodness it had settled down by 5:30. As my title indicates you come here for the food. We started with stuffed figs and enjoyed them very much. I had a Seafood Chowder that was very good and my wife's BLTC Salad was excellent. We split the 8 oz. Filet as we are not big eaters. The Filet was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare as requested and was so tender and juicy. The wine sauce was excellent, but ask for extra when ordering to use with the smashed potatoes. Everything excellent and our server Tyler did a great job of being there when we needed him/something. Great food.Special Features:
- so goodfireflyDined on 8/21/2014This was my first time st ritual and the food was so good. I will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thunder timemsriaDined on 8/21/2014This was our first time to this restaurant and it was really fun! Ownership really saw the potential of tying into the show at the Hanover Theatre, Thunder from Down Under-and that was perfect! Though there was a certain amount of confusion with the wait staff, they really were into entertaining the crowd of females here. The food and drinks were pretty good, though I bet they would be better if the restaurant didn't have to create so many orders at the same time. Thumbs up for making a memorable occasion!Special Features:
- ritualhollyDined on 8/14/2014This was my second time at Ritual. The waitstaff was so nice and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First bad experience.HummusheadDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten here 3 times before and all were very good experiences. My wife and I love to introduce people to Ritual. The chocolate bacon alone is incredible. This experience was probably a fluke, but it was a pretty bad one. We made a reservation online for 715pm. It was very busy. It also appeared like they were short staffed. I only saw 2 waiters. We placed out orders and the apps came quickly. Unfortunately our dinner didn't arrive until 9:05. Almost 2 hours after sitting down. The rice was undercooked and the potatoes were cold. So I assume they were short in the kitchen. I appreciated that they took off a round of drinks, but bad food after 1 1/2 hour wait is unacceptable. 1/2 of the meal should have been comped. We might go backI would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritual Friday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014We've been to once before this visit. The food and ambiance here is great. It wasn't very busy, but our waitress was terrible, forgot our appetizer, and frequently said that our food would be 'right out,' when it took more than an hour to get. I would still recommend Ritual to a friend, but next time we will sit at the bar and hope for better service.Special Features:
- shimmysherryDined on 7/26/2014nice place. portions a bit small. food good waitress fabulous,very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what happened here.LynneVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was not our first visit, in fact this is one of our favorite restaurants. We arrived around 6:30 Sat night and the place was empty. Never seen that before. I ordered the salmon satay as an appetizer, which was delicious, but took far too long. I think the kitchen was so slow, which is sometimes worse than too busy. My husband ordered the filet and I the sliced sirloin. By 7 pm a few more people had started to trickle in, very few. Anyways, my husbands meal is delivered and I'm just sitting there with nothing. I have never had that happen before. A couple of minutes later my meal arrives. The meat was good and almost hot. The asparagus was room temp and the potato cake was actually cold in the middle. Very tasty, but how disappointing.
- Food with friendsAdderley3CVIPDined on 7/24/2014This is a great spot to bring your friends for a good meal, great service and all around good time. Diverse menu, even for the picky eater! Enjoy yourself, and share the wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Place, Great FoodJamesDined on 7/23/2014Wednesday was our second time at Ritual. It has been surprisingly quiet both times we have been (the previous time was a Saturday night about 6 months ago), and the restaurant seemingly expected this turnout by the fact that there was only one waiter on staff. The bartender ended up waiting our table. It took a while to give our food order, but afterwards the service was excellent. We ordered the chocolate covered bacon and cheesesteak dip as appetizers. The cheesesteak dip is our favorite (HIGHLY recommend!), and I'm glad we tried the chocolate bacon. For entrees we ordered the buffalo chicken pizza and the broccoli bacon chicken alfredo; we really enjoyed our food. Overall it was a great experience, but a little odd that it is so quiet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wicked good foodWineanddineDined on 7/22/2014Staff could not have been friendlier- really made for a good time. Lamb was the best- definitely deserved the award it won! Apps were really good! We got the bacon blue cheese dip and the one with hummus. Both were good size and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellent servicejonnyboyDined on 7/17/2014Our server Mark was fantastic and his recommendations for food choices were spot on. My wife and I each polished off our plates. I had the steak tips and ravioli which were perfect. My wife had the sea bass and enjoyed it as well. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food was the saving graceBostonStrong519Dined on 7/11/2014Walking into this place we had high hopes. The ambiance is fun and the menu was inviting. That being said, there were a few big hiccups that turned me off to going back - having been in the service industry. First, the drinks were subpar. If we were paying Boston prices, I would have had them sent back. As it was, my iced tea was undrinkable - I had to remind our waiter/manager to take it off the bill at the end. We really dont like be a pain to wait on...but this was just bad. I also watched several drinks for our table just SIT in the bar - one sat for 15 mins. Second, our food took OVER an hour to come out. Luckily we were not in a rush. Typically you get a % off your bill for something like that. No such luck. Not even an explanation.Special Features:
- Would try another place next timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/11/20144 people, 6 PM reservation Friday night, seated promptly, almost empty. Everything haphazard. Ordered 2 apps, 4 entrees, 1 salad, 1 wine, 1 beer, 1 soft drink. Too long for drinks (remember restaurant empty), longer for apps. Salad showed up before apps: I'd asked for it with dinner, sent back, told them we were waiting for apps, got an "I don't understand look" from that server. Waited longer, apps finally appeared. We noticed at this time there was a lot of timing confusion at other tables. Salad reappeared before entrees. Ate salad, entrees came 2 at a time apart, all good not notable. 2nd wine and beer ordered. brought different beer, said 1st beer out, was similar, never asked. No "next" time. We're not picky; this was really annoying!
- Not a good night...TiJean322Dined on 7/11/2014Have you ever sat in a restaurant and had the feeling that "Things aren't as they're supposed to be?" This was my experience at Ritual. While the majority of the restaurant was dark and and loud (think nightclub) we were sat in a window facing the setting sun which nearly required sunglasses to endure. We tried to order the "Hot Stone" appetizer only to be told that it (and several other menu items) were no longer offered. We ordered two other apps & drinks in its place and waited... the drinks came but after 15 mins it was obvious that our apps had been overlooked. When the dinners came everything was overcooked ( a big no-no for fish...) Dessert they got 2 out of 3 correct which seemed par for the course. Not worth the hefty price.
- AwesomeBillyDined on 7/1/2014The food here is amazing. Mark the manager is excellent and always provides great service. The special we had (lobster risoto with Asparagas) was amazing. I wish it was a menu item, it was that good. I would absolutely tell any of my family or friends to check out this gem in Worcester.Special Features:
- Too noisy for diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014My wife and I left after five minutes because of the noise level from the music. For us, dining should be a pleasant, relaxing experience. I'm sorry to have left because the menu looked great, but why blast the patrons' ears with Michael Jackson?
- currently my favorite in WorcesterroxanneDined on 6/7/2014I love going to Ritual. It's become my favorite restaurant in Worcester. Service (Amy) is always great. Unfortunately, they did run out of a few menu choices, but it was still yummy.Special Features:
- trishDined on 5/28/2014Have been to Ritual several times and each time it never disappoints!!Special Features:
- great appsDeeBDined on 5/24/2014Great place to sit at the bar, Amanda made us feel welcome, appetizers are not typical bar food, delicious, modern , creative.Special Features:
- service issues122amypDined on 5/23/2014Very hip and trendy atmosphere. The tables are a little bit too close...we had some big men in our party and their chairs were butted up with the people at the table behind us. It was very tight. I recently took some clients to dinner and sadly was disappointed. The food was decent and the presentation was very nice. The service left a lot to be desired. For starters getting a drink at the bar was nearly impossible even though the bar wasn't very busy so we gave up. Once we got to our table and the waiter didn't have much knowledge of what was even available at the bar and had a hard time, answering our menu questions. There were menu items that weren't available at all. I'm not sure we'd go back unless the service improved greatly.Special Features:
- Pizza, salad and moreArtTeacherDined on 5/23/2014We haven't been to ritual in a year or so and decided last minute to drive to Worcester. In the past we have had very delicious full course meals. This time we shared a yummy, very thin crust veggie pizza and caesar salad with creamy dressing. Both were delicious and with a glass of wine just right. Very attentive staff. Lovely atmosphere. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- As usual, a phenomenal experience!FormerClarkieDined on 5/23/2014Ritual is our "go to" place for special occasions or just a really nice dinner. We've loved it since it opened....particularly the filet mignon. It is honestly the best we've had in the central Massachusetts area - always done just right, with the perfect seasoning, and some of the highest quality meat we've tasted. We also love the Pineapple Cake-tini! But our experiences with Ritual have really stood out as phenomenal mainly because of the extraordinary service. We often have Mark (or Big Mark, as there are apparently two Marks that work there) when we dine there and we cannot say enough about him. His attention to detail and astounding people skills really make for a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014The menu was unique and the food was delicious. They have a full bar and interesting drink menu. You need to set aside at least 2 hours for dinner, the food takes a while to come out but worth it if you're willing to wait!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent spot near Mechanics HalldjkbooksDined on 5/10/2014We especially appreciated the friendliness and attentiveness from everyone - valet parking, hostess, wait and bar staff. Appealing menu, reasonable prices, generous portions, beautifully presented.Special Features:
- The following 362 reviews are from the Ritual reviews archive.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014Tried this restaurant on a Groupon deal- so worth it.. Had the beef short ribs and parmesan polenta. So delicious. Hubby had seared salmon and they had a hard time cooking - had to send it back twice. Waiter - Mark - did a really great job trying to accomodate us! We had the chocolate covered bacon for dessert .. Another yummy !! We loved it and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Gourmet Food!TheSBunchDined on 4/25/2014We had a tough time deciding on appetizers/main dish - all sounded fantastic! We had: Bacon Blue Cheese Dip with hot bread and pita chips; short ribs with polenta; steak with mushrooms and onions; a salad with a citrus vinaigrette; and a molten lava cake with vanilla gelato. Wow! The Bacon Blue Cheese Dip is to die for. We ate every drop of it. We will be ordering it every time we go back. All of the food was delicious, gourmet, and presented well. No dinner salads, so we ordered a larger salad and split it. Incredible dressing. We loved everything and can't wait to go back. Our waiter, Mark, was professional and very attentive. Great time! A real find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Training chefsdcbdcbDined on 4/25/2014The food took 40 minutes to arrive. The waiter was as helpful as possible I think. The manager finally got the food to appear after we complained at 30 minutes, and gave it to us at no charge. Chefs in training was the reason given. I assume that other diners were getting their food, although service looked slow. It wasn't that full. Anyway, keep an eye on the clock until the kitchen gets working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third visitMikeVIPDined on 4/22/2014This is our third trip to Ritual and will probably be the last. The menu is an interesting one but the actual food just doesn't live up to the descriptions. We just feel like everything we've had here is "pretty good", but nothing is something that we'd be excited to order again. Service was fairly slow in the past, but we wrote that off to it being really busy since we had gone on weekend nights. This trip was a Tuesday, it was fairly empty, but service was just as slow. Nothing terrible, or even bad, but nothing great or memorable either.Special Features:
- Posh spot in downtownBoylstonfanDined on 4/19/2014Consistently good inventive food and great service keep us coming back. Nice to have a place like this downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for date night!kmidfanDined on 4/18/2014I took my boyfriend on a date here using a Groupon we purchased. Service was great as soon as we walked in, and the menu had an overwhelming amount of great options. Once we ordered, food was out very quickly and the appetizers and entree were fresh and delicious. We were too full for desert which was the only down fall, but I'd gladly come back here again for another date.Special Features:
- Excellent as always!KinderVIPDined on 4/18/2014Birthday celebration with friends. Apps and dinner fantastic. Favorites were: Tuna Ceveche, lemon shrimp feta pasta, and Crusty crab pizza. Christian, our bar/waiter, was amusing and kept us entertained. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food just blocks from theaterstastebudDined on 4/18/2014The location is just a few blocks down from the theaters in downtown Worcester so it was convenient for us to grab a bite there right before the show we saw at the Hanover theater. The place was a bit dark but worked with the decor (lots of dark browns and reds). There is a large bar in the center of the restaurant with lots of drink options. The food was good and came out quickly. My husband enjoyed the lamb dish. The duck dish was not quite what I was expecting (as it came with a chocolate molten cake vs what I thought was just going to be a chocolate sauce) and was slightly over cooked but I did enjoy the flavor profiles. We also got the bacon blue cheese dip and it was very heavy (more blue cheese taste than bacon).Service was also goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKriscroDined on 4/12/2014We both enjoyed our meals immensely. I had the sliced beef tenderloin. I live Gorgonzola, if you don't the potato cake may be too strong for you. My husband had the cocoa crusted duck. It came with a chocolate lava cake side. He loved it but again if you don't love chocolate you may not. For us it is the perfect meal!!Special Features:
- Always good food!MoesartDined on 4/11/2014This was our 3rd time and we used a groupon. It was our anniversary. The place is cozy and has a dark reddish hue. Servers and bartenders are very friendly. We started with calamari. Delish! Especially the dipping sauce. I had flat iron steak and hubby had duck. Both cooked perfectly. We will definitely head back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experienceyding0604Dined on 4/9/2014The overall experience is really great. Didn't get treated differently because of using groupon coupon. Food is truly amazing. Strongly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ritual DiningCSM123Dined on 4/5/2014Great restaurant. The sliced beef tenderloin with gorgonzola potato cake was delicious. Pizza was very good too! First time here, and we'll definitely come back again. Our server did a great job attending to our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An almost-great experienceBillDined on 3/29/2014We loved the atmosphere of Ritual, although it was loud - think One-Eleven bar area. The service was very good without intruding on your dinner conversation (yes, you get used to the volume). The menu is very diverse (Chocolate Bacon? The Duck comes with a small chocolate lava cake?), but the food was well prepared and nicely presented. My - and my 3 companions - only complaint was that all the entrees we only warm, as if they had sat for 5 - 10 minutes before the waiter brought them to the table. It was very busy that Saturday evening, so I assume that's what happened. It was our only complaint, but it really detracted from an otherwise great experience. Maybe next time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.