Rita's Steak & Fish House
1945 S. Kihei Rd.
Kihei, HI 96753Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Rita's Steak & Fish House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ritasmaui.com/
- Phone: 8082145788
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 4:30pm
Daily: 4:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Seafood, Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Ostermiller
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Rita's Steak & Fish House
Rita's serves only the finest beef, the freshest fish, live Maine lobster, fresh baked breads and desserts, sauces made from scratch infused with our family love and pride in every bite.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Rita's Steak & Fish House reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance2.3Noise LevelEnergetic
kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- "pretty bad"OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/21/2014My husband wrote "pretty bad" on the ticket - a rare thing for us. Many light bullbs were burned out (something I have learned is a sign of how the owner feels about the business and customers). We ordered two appetizers. The black bean soup was overcooked. The steamed clams were slow in coming and tough. Inedible. We ordered two prime ribs. After waiting for 20 minutes we were told that there was only one available at 6:45 so my husband substituted a bone in rib eye rare. It came medium. There was a musician - very loud musician - that slaughtered old songs by trying to make them unique. The only good things were the drinks - virgin pina coladas. The owner was there and apologized but didn't offer a discount.
- Call Robert Irvine quick!SuesuechefVIPDined on 7/21/2014Went because I had a half off coupon & knew about other reviews. They were out of tons of stuff like their house specialty & lemons!! Music is good so sit at bar, listen to music & order bar food( if they have any!) they need to revamp & become more casual & stop trying to be a steakhouse!Special Features:
- U Really want to hear this!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2014Where to start? We were looking for a great steak.. No luck at your place . Our first table had a Grnad view of the garbage and parking lot. Talbles felt sticky,menus were crumple. I ordered ribs,...no, not tonight,how about ribs eye? sorry not tonight, how about scallops? not tonight. Ok what do you have? The staff should have told us what was available . Will I be back NO perhaps we hit it in the wrong night. Oh we'll. Kemo sings well I would hire him to help out some. Take care and start with some restaurant training it will help out. Make it a restaurant or make it a bar, at this moment it's having a hard time being both. Mahalo for askingSpecial Features:
- Not worth your timeLovestoeatoutDined on 5/19/2014We went for an early dinner hoping to be able to watch the sun set. Our waitress was not the best - a Apparently it was happy hour, and there was only table of four when we arrived. We specifically mentioned the 1/2 price appetizers (happy hour menu) which we saw apron arrival but she did not mention once to us. We ordered what we thought were happy hour drinks off the menu she gave us but when our check arrived we were told that was not the case. It was only margaritas & Mai-tais. It would have been nice if she explained to us the happy hour menu. Service was S L O W! And not very friendly, especially since they were not crowded one bit. I wanted the steak & shrimp which they advertise in brochures on Maui but it was not on the menu. :(
- Don't botherKimberleeDined on 5/6/2014This was the last place we stopped before ending our honeymoon in Maui. We hadn't had a bad meal yet. Rita's had decent reviews and we had passed it a few times during our stay on the island so we figured we'd give it a shot. We went for lunch at 1 PM on a Tues and the place was almost empty. That should have been our signal to leave and go next door to Moose's for a burger. The food was just ok at Rita's. The menu was small so I chose the mahi dish with rice and my husband had the fish tacos. The mahi was actually very good but the side of rice was merely an ice cream scoop of white rice. No garnish, nothing. The fish tacos had potential but there was fake-tasting cheddar cheese melted at the bottom of them. I won't go back here.
- The other reviews about theOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/22/2014The other reviews about the service are accurate, which was probably the most entertaining part of dining there. The food was average at best, so definitely over-priced for what you were getting. The best part of the restaurant was the live entertainment.
- Service?xxxxVIPDined on 3/16/2014I predict this restaurant to fail in the next 12 months.Special Features:
- Last mealChristopherCODined on 3/12/2014It was out last dinner on Maui and enjoyed this restaurant. Very friendly host and wait staff. Food was delicious. The Fish Trio was amazing. A lounge singer/guitarist was playing and it was a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what i was expectingMbaileyDined on 2/22/2014across from the beach was could still see the water. Restaurant was not very busy, but our server was busy. Food was very overprices-I had the Ono special,which was ok-my husband had the filet and our friends had the prime rib. Said it was more like 'glorified" bar food. Very difficult to get steaks cooked correctly, sent it back, still wasn't right temperature second time, so they just ate it. A party of four was sitting before we came, we had our food and already ate before they were ever served, it seemed to be norm for the night, but there were plenty of staff? Probably would not return.Special Features:
- Good FooddoceatsDined on 2/20/2014We had an early reservation and they were out of multiple things on the menu. Live music was nice. Food was good quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall excellentmonsta16Dined on 2/18/2014Had a great experience at Rita's. Food was awesome, cocktails and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overwhelmed on ValentinesShaggylaneVIPDined on 2/14/2014There was only one in Kehei/Wailea that had availability on Valentines throughout the evening. In hindsight, that should have been a warning. Our reservations (for two) were for 7pm. We showed up at 6:55pm. Our table wasn't ready so we grabbed drinks at the bar. My wife and I both had MaiTai's. While I acknowledge that the recipe for MaiTai's seems to be fairly loose......these were by far on the low end. There was no taste of rum or that "Maui" sparkle. I had a second at the table which was different yet still lousy. We finally got a table at 7:30. I had the fish trio and my wife had the rids. Both meals were good. Unfortunately, we were pressed for time (as we explained upon arrival) and they seemed to be overwhelmed in the kitchen.
- Horrible ServicediningforthegoodtimesDined on 2/14/2014A two hour, seated wait just to get our salad??? We walked out.
- Valentines nightlocalDined on 2/14/2014Unfortunately, there were unexpected staffing issues this night so the food came out late from the kitchen. However, the evening was quite enjoyable for us since we were in no hurry. We enjoyed the second story level and open-air, thatched roof dining room. Our meals were excellent: steak and Ahi. The lilikoi cheescake was also worth returning for. We are local and will return.Special Features:
- Can't get the food out of kitchenKarenDined on 2/14/2014Our evening started out quite nice. The atmosphere was very pleasant and our waiter was very good. Drinks , appetizers, and salad were served in a timely manner .... Then... We waited, and waited, and waited for our entree. While we waited we saw several tables around us simply leave after their salad without being charged for what they already ate or drank. Our waiter poured us each an additional glass of wine "on the house" because it was taking so long to get our meal. Unfortunately we didn't need more wine.. Tables around us that arrived later had already left the restaurant before we received our entree. The entree was ok. Vegetables were barely warm... enough said.. Rita would be ok for drinks and appetizers. Don't bother for dinner.
- Big Value in KiheiLaureliVIPDined on 2/6/2014During our week in the area, we visited both familiar and new restaurants... Rita's was the new find of the week. Big value as compared to other similar restaurants in the Wailea / Kihei area. We had the seared ahi appetizer (Delicious!) and the fish trio plate (fresh and presented on a bed of zucchini with Hawaiian rice). Their salad, included with the entree, is prepared ultra fresh tableside. Service is friendly. Look out to the adjacent islands from a high, open-air vantage. Atmosphere is relaxed with sports bar in center of space. Next to village shops. Parking is tight. If you don't like the stairs, the elevator is a little hard to find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never ever eat here!AnnieDined on 2/3/2014To give this place 1 star is being generous. From the moment we got there it was a gong show. First they were trying to give us other peoples meals,then coffees,then when our meals showed up,4 out of 5 were wrong. The one they did get right was dried out. It was overpriced for the food they were offering. We finally spoke with manager,who didn't seem too interested in what we were saying,but the majority of our food bill was taken off. Would never recommend this place.
- HorribleDrJimBVIPDined on 2/3/2014Went for dinner having looked at menu online- what a disappointment. Dining is on second floor and open on all side so it can be very windy at times as it was for us. Service was very slow and chaotic ,staff is not trained very well. Food was close to being inedible. Salad was served warm with a bottled dressing. Rolls are small doughy golfballs with some sort version of I can't believe it's not butter. I ordered the surf and turf and the lobster was served dry- no sauce, no butter to dip it in- nothing- who eats lobster dry? Had to ask for some lemon and was given small thin slices from the bar.
- had the pork ribs they wereA1BigGuyDined on 1/29/2014had the pork ribs they were pretty flavorless unless u cover it up with the BBQ sauce but I was hoping they would've stood on their own...Special Features:
- Kihei GemDJAmauiDined on 1/10/2014Good food and friendly service, just as you would expect in Hawaii. We had two fish entrees, which were really good. Maybe I'll try a steak on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good..MichaelDined on 10/24/2013Great setting and view. The server was very shaking and did not know his products very well. My wife and I both ordered filets cooked medium. Hers was great. My steak was cooked very well done with no signs of color. The waiter checked in and I told him that it was way overcooked. He brought over the manager who offered to get a new steak cooked correctly. About 5 minutes later the manager came back and said that they were not able to cook a new steak for me with out charging me for it. The manager offered to buy us an appetizer?? I have been in the restaurant business for almost 20 years and I hate to see businesses fail, but.. If you want to eat here, you better go soon. It will not be around for very much longer.Special Features:
- Terrible foodJosephDined on 10/8/2013I thought that the atmosphere and service was amazing. We ordered our food and it was terrible. They food was just nothing spectacular for how expensive they charge for it. This would be a great place to go if they either drop there prices or get a better menu or both.Special Features:
- New ResturantChrisDined on 9/17/2013The Service was horrible, very slow. Our waiter was no where to be found most of the time, and the couple of times he showed up; you could tell he took several cigarette smoke breaks, as he smelled bad of the smoke. The food was bland, Rite claimed "Great Food at Great Prices" We had the boneless Ribeye steak, it was maybe a 1/4" thick, I ordered mine medium and my wife ordered her medium plus and both came out Well Done. It was 35 dollars for the steak and that's all you got, along with the "House Salad" which was made tableside with greens, olives, tomatoes, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and olive oil. The sides, they claim were large enough for 2 to share. We ordered the Garlic Mashed Potatoes and it was about 2-3 tablespoons.
- DO NOT RECOMMEND EATING HERE!HighwaymanVIPDined on 8/15/2013I thought their predecessor Lulu's was bad. Rita's is worse! The boneless rib eye steal was tough with sinews running through the meat. About 10-15% was in-edible. The Rita's style topping for the steak was bad. The lobster was soft and had an off taste to it - it wasn't fresh lobster. The bernaise sauce was bland and did nothing to enhance the flavor of the steak. The salad that came with the steak was a pleasant surprise, although they used too much parmesan cheese which over-powered the flavor of the salad.
- somewhat disapointeddallasDined on 8/6/2013order was messed up...wife didn't get her steak until everyone else had finished :( overall taste of food was good, I ordered the ribs, didn't care for the sauce used on them and you should make available a half order. full order of ribs was just way too much.. scene was good not awesome. I thought it backed up to the beach, not across the street. infomercial was a bit misleading. I would give it one more chance. mistakes happen I understand that. overall ok...I would recommend this to a friend.