32 lake ave
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ristorantezebra.us/
- Phone: 3022261160
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Zebra
Ristorante Zebra is a contemporary full service Italian restaurant created in a Victorian beach house in 1993. Enjoy refreshing cocktail at the intimate yet dynamic bar and exquisite dinner professionally served in the Safari themed interior or on the charming outside porch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Ristorante Zebra - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Ristorante Zebra reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (19)romantic (16)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (11)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Another good mealBluehen66Dined on 10/18/2014Zebra still puts out very good food. If anything the portions are a bit too much. Two of us ordered veal dishes and the meat nearly covered a regular size plate. Salads are generous as well so it's easy to slit one between two diners. Very good wine list. Decor is pleasant with an African theme. We ate in the giraffe room. In a town with many excellant restaurants, Zebra is up there with the best of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the decor!SadiesplaceVIPDined on 10/10/2014Service was very slow, placed 4 of us in a room by ourselves where if I looked one way I saw kitchen and the other way I saw waiter's station. Not sure why we were placed there, said something and no offer to move us when there were plenty of open tables??? Food good, but not great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is better than the servicedcdolcevitaVIPDined on 10/4/2014We've enjoyed Ristorante Zebra in the past, and were looking forward to a special meal there again. This time, the food was good but not great -- tasty but uninspired -- and the service was terrible. Not what you'd expect from a place where entrees are in the $20-$35 range. Glasses were not refilled, plates were not cleared, waiter did not check in regularly. At this point, we'd have to say the best thing about this restaurant is the ambience -- beautiful old house with quirky, fun decor.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/22/2014Always a lovely dining experience. The special three-course dinner off-season is a must.
- SpecialWuffie302Dined on 9/20/2014Had a very nice evening sitting outside on the porch, a pleasant night with the perfect weather. Our server was delightful , friendly, and attentive , on one side note he did disappear for extended periods. For food my app was excellent a pasta appetizer size, my entree was very disappointing... The veal was so over cooked, dry, and tough and had way too much sage that it tasted like eating sage shoe leather...the dessert selection was various with selecting the Bocco Cake the servers suggestion. My partners dinner was excellent, a tomato app and chicken entree...we shared dessert. With all of this said I would still go back to try another meal.Special Features:
- ZebrasLovegoodfoodDined on 9/12/2014The restaurant is very unusual with the jungle theme - all painted, no wall paper. The inside dinning area was not crowded, most people were eating outside. I was a little disappointed in the service it was very slow - even to get a cocktail. We had to ask if we could get a drink. I know the menu stated that the meals are all individually prepared and to respect that aspect. The staff were a little cold in their attitudes. But, the food was good.Special Features:
- OutstandingBaltoDinerDined on 8/31/2014We made an early reservation and had an entire dining area to ourselves until dessert - and this was the Sunday before Labor Day. Service was attentive, but never intrusive. And, food was excellent as always. Ristorante Zebra remains our go-to annivsary treat whenever we are in Rehoboth.Special Features:
- Cozy diningJillDined on 8/30/2014Second visit to Zebra good service enjoyed wine list Appetizers were very good, service was great for us we like time in between courses and were in no hurry ,However this seemed to be a problem for a few surrounding tables. One eggplant fontina cheese entree lacked flavor which the server removed from our bill noticing it was not eaten, we did not complain or ask her to . The other a Milanese dish was very good , the tiramisu was outstanding with a good italian dessert wine . We will return again on our next trip to the beach :)Special Features:
- New favorite in RehobothBethanylizVIPDined on 8/25/2014Beautiful restaurant. Knowledgeable wait staff. Freshly made pasta. A bit pricey but for those of us who don't eat huge dinners, the half pasta portions are just perfect to pair with an appetizer. Very chic restaurant and way above average Italian food. It's our new favorite in Rehoboth in a town that has a lot of choices for high level dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKWDVIPDined on 8/17/2014We have eaten at Zebra several times since we love the food and ambiance. But more than once we have noticed items on out check that we didn't order. The issues are always corrected but my advice to diners is to carefully check your bill before paying.Special Features:
- Decent not great.DaveVIPDined on 8/16/2014After avoiding this place for 14 years because of a terrible experience a long long time ago, I decided to give the place another shot after all of these years. There is a reason why one can get a table on a Saturday in August. Wait staff is not very attentive, food is average. Its a shame because the restaurant itself has lots of ambiance.
- Beautifully decoratedChipito1VIPDined on 7/27/2014Our 6 pm reservation was just fine because by 7 the noise level was terrible. Veal dishes quite good as was the scallops dinner but the seafood pasta was no where near worth the $36 price tag as the shrimp were hard as rocks, the mussels smelly and the scallops no where near the size of the dinner scallops. I do not believe this dish was cooked to order but it had been sitting around for that seafood to get so hard. Don't even think about ordering a liqueur drink as a plain martini was $15. Prices too high.Special Features:
- TerribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Our reservation was completely messed up. Had us for 4 people we had booked for 6. Took us 2 hours to receive our entrees. No one from the restaurant staff acknowledged there was a huge problem in the kitchen. Been coming here for years, very disappointed. Will not be back. Way to expensive to sit for 2 hours for entrees that are not complicated dishes. Restaurant seemed totally out of sorts. Felt bad for the wait staff running around trying to handle the situation and watching there tables walk out on them before their entrees were served. Interestingly enough the restaurant was only half full, maybe that should of been the tip off. Usually at this point in the summer season it is packed.Special Features:
- Still wonderfulbeachyDined on 7/17/2014We do love this restaurant but have noticed it is not ever really crowded as it used to be. Perhaps they are pricing themselves to high. Do people on vacation want to pay $30 for a plate of pasta. I know we would go more often if it was less expensive but would that diminish the high quality we do enjoy?Special Features:
- A DelightMimiVIPDined on 7/13/2014Ristorante Zebra was a delight. Great food with a surprisingly reasonable wine list. The wait staff was very friendly and attentive. The four of us were pleasantly surprised with the menu and our choices. Nicely decorated too! My friends will go back during their vacation. It is definitely worth a try!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/7/2014All of our meals were delicious and they even sent me a special piece of birthday cake that I swore I was too full for but managed to devour! Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A big disappointmentMarkchristianDined on 7/5/2014the service and the food quality were really lacking. Things started out just fine with selection of wine and the ordering of the appetizers and entrees. Both the wine and appetizers were delivered promptly and were delicious. But then our waiter disappeared and our entrees never showed up. The hostess did stop by our table and informed us that the kitchen was backed up. When the servers did eventually bring our entrees, one turned out to be the wrong order and the other 3 were cold. Not lukewarm, but cold. Our waiter could still not be found, so we flagged down the hostess, who ordered the servers to address this. They did and the desserts and wine were comped, but it really left a bad taste in our mouth.Special Features:
- Missed the mark completelyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/5/2014I rarely post public comments but this place was just so disappointing. The food is way overpriced and just completely trying to be something it isn't. Snotty hostess. Enough said there. Carpaccio - sliced thicker than deli meat with zero flavor. Thank god for the three or four capers I had. Striped bass was a huge disappointment. About a 5 oz filet with no flavor either - for $30-40. Veal cutlet was over cooked with some horribly over done sauce void of, yup, flavor. The wine we paid $75 for was warm (nice Cabernet Sauvignon) Dinner rolls and bruschetta were nice. Unfortunately it went downhill fast from there. I've had better dinner at the Olive Garden and Carrabas for 1/4 the price. Needless to say - won't be returning.
- Favorite RestaurantPA7TravelerVIPDined on 7/3/2014We have frequented Zebra for about 20 years. Have NEVER EVER been disappointed Food and service are consistently excellent Wonderful veal dishes and osso bucco to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Zebra Ristorante is a hit again!CapHillTravellerVIPDined on 7/3/2014Our return visit to Ristorante Zebra was a smashing success! Fabulous service and food topped a great evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A solid Italian choice in RehobothOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014Our group of five were seated within 10 minutes, despite not having a reservation. We drew a round table in the "zebra room," which is one of my favorites [a bit quieter than the back "jungle room" which typically draws large and loud groups. Service was professional and friendly. Unfortunately the kitchen was very slow on this holiday weekend evening, so our wait for food was very long. They brought out some Caesar Salads on the house in attempt to keep everyone happy. Once the food arrived, as usual, it did not disappoint. Portions were a bit smaller on this visit compared to just a couple of weekends earlier. I love Zebra's veal dishes. The pasta dishes are also simply wonderful. The Taglitelle Zebra is always a highlight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 9 reviews are from the Ristorante Zebra reviews archive.
- Upscale in RehobothMaddogVIPDined on 6/22/2014Had a lovely meal here on 6/22 on the side porch. Service was fantastic- we ordered salads which were the star of the meal. The main courses were under-seasoned, but well-presented. Complete white tablecloth service and Italian-american dishes, with many choices. Our second visit, and not our last. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- LOVE THIS PLACE!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/21/2014Roberto and Kathy are great. Staff is friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014Zebra never disappoints. Food is always beautifully presented and delicious, no matter what we order. Service is impeccable. One of the best restaurants in the beach area.
- Great treatdburkejDined on 6/19/2014The food was excellent, the place was quiet enough to have a conversation. We'd highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Ristorante ZebraSaniDined on 5/23/2014Excellent in every way !!! Delicious food. Great service ! A treasure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Luv2eatVIPDined on 5/9/2014Simply Incredible, great food, great place and you gotta try the Veal chop!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply Incredible!Luv2eatVIPDined on 12/31/2013Had A Incredible New Year's Party At It Was Awesome, Food Menu Was Fantastic, Food On The Menu Was Awesome 5 Stars!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!Luv2eatVIPDined on 12/29/2013I would heighly recommend this restaurant to everybody. We had a Christmas party there and with a party of eight people you could imagine the confusion with the service but everything was out standing. The service was fantastic the waiter was awesome I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my very favorites hereOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/28/2013I've been coming to Rehoboth for over 30 years, and bought a house here 10 years ago. We frequent Zebra -- for the atmosphere, the sophistication (though you don't have to dress up -- really!) and the food. The friendly staff make a great experience. Go -- you'll love it.Special Features: