Ristorante Via Alto 27
27 High St.
Clinton, MA 01510Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Via Alto 27
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristoranteviaalto27.com/
- Phone: 9785987002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Italian
- Executive Chef: Christiana Ercoli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We do offer family style catering or on request custom menus.
- Entertainment: On Saturday night we have piano music.
A word from Ristorante Via Alto 27
We serve home-made Italian food including bread, pasta, sauces and desserts. Our daily and seasonally changing menu is designed to produce the finest quality meal possible by utilizing the finest ingredients available. Our menu is based on Italian tradition featuring enjoyable portions of the following courses:Antipasto, (Appetizer) Primo, (first course, pasta, soups and risotto) Secondo, (main course, meat, fish and fowl dishes) Dolce, (dessert and ice-cream). Our wines, ranging from the simple to the extraordinary, are imported from various regions of Italy. We would be happy to recommend a pairing to match your food selection. Our goal is to create a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for you to enjoy your meal and the company you dine with. Thank you for joining us. Note: Due to the busy nature of Friday and Saturday evenings, we do not accept reservations for parties of fewer than 6 people. However, if you have a smaller party, you may still call ahead.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Via Alto 27 reviews from OpenTable diners
- Hidden gemReneeDined on 5/12/2013Went for Mother's Day dinner. Didn't realize my reservation was the last of the night, so we were last customers in the restaurant. One of the waitstaff, who oddly wasn't our waitperson came over and informed us of all the things they were out of as we were sitting down, barely having had a chance to view the menu? As she was walking away??? This same person who greeted us at the door, instead of walking us to our table, pointed to our table for us to walk over ourselves. Thought for the way the restaurant looked inside, that was a bit unprofessional. They need a host or hostess! Unless they had one and she went home :) Our waiter Reed was awesome. Dessert wasn't available, fridge broken?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lackedfamilyDined on 5/3/2013The food was good but the service was horrible. It took almost 1/2 hour for the drink order to arrive at our table. Once we finally ordered it was 40 minute wait for the food which came in stages. There were seven people in our party. 5 got the food at the same time and the 2 remaining waited at least another 5 minutes for their meals. There were two additional side orders of pasta, one arrived another 10 minutes later (we had finished eating) and the second never showed up. We asked that it be taken off the bill, which it was. The one that was brought to the table we ended up taking home which was a mistake. We should have had that removed from bill too. All in all, food wasn't bad...maybe we hit the service and kitchen on a bad night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real thing for great Italian.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The real thing for great Italian. You can leave without feeling like you had too much.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day at Via AltoOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013First of all let me say that the food and ambiance were outstanding! On the down side, we arrived a little early and went into the bar area to wait for our table. There was only 1 bartender on. We had to wait about 10-12 minutes to get a drink. When the drinks came, our table was ready. Lovely table, exactly what we wanted. The service was very, very slow. There was not enough wait staff on that night being Valentine's day. We ordered another drink before our mean and again the wait was long. When the meal arrived finally, it was hot, delicious, and exactly what we expected. I felt very bad for the waitress as you could clearly see she was doing everything in her power to speed things up. Let me say that I would visit again.Special Features:
- It was our anniversary onOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013It was our anniversary on 2/14 and the hostess kindly moved us to a more private table greater waitress also We will be back.Special Features:
- Christiana is a sweetheartOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/2/2013Christiana is a sweetheart she is a wonderful chef and very attentive to detail.Special Features:
- Good food, bad service on Tuesdays.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2012I have been here before and the food is always excellent, truly authentic Italian. That said, on this given night the place was under staffed and therefore my service was horrible. Twice I had to go and find our waiter to get something for us. It turned out he was working the bar as well. This is not good. If I hadn't been there before I would have not known this was a fluke and would have been very upset. At no time did a host our manager come through to see if everything was going okay. Excellent food, needs improvement on staffing. Staffing does not seem to be an issue on the weekends of course.Special Features:
- We stopped here for a fineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2012We stopped here for a fine meal following a concert a the Russian Icon Museum just a block away. The Italian cuisine specialties were very very good. They had a good variety of pasta and my veal piccata was excellent. The service was a bit relaxed but we were quite relaxed by then anyhow.Special Features:
- Wonderful!AmazingVIPDined on 9/25/2012I hosted a work event for 21 people and Via Alto did a great job organizing the luncheon. Thank you for a wonderful time!Special Features:
- Great Food, AWESOME piano player!lauraluVIPDined on 6/9/2012Food is always excellent! Service was better than usual although waitress did confuse everyone's pasta dishes, LOVE the piano player on Saturday night. He plays so beautifully could listen to him all night.Special Features:
- A Great Find in Central MA!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/5/2012The food was wonderful! Our server was very nice but as he seemed to be the only one available, it was a bit slow.Special Features:
- I would not recommend thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/22/2012I would not recommend this restaurant. Went for their veal entrees and we were told they were out of veal. This was at 6 pm. Service was extremely slow and bread basket had piece of bread in bottom that was hard and inedible. Entrees ordered were okay but not notable. I would not recommend.
- Very pleasant atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Very pleasant atmosphere and excellent Chicken PicattaSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!AmazingVIPDined on 5/10/2012Thank you, we had a wonderful lunch! Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2012The ambiance was nice but the food was just ok, and the service a little slow. Any restaurant looking to climb the ladder as a nice place to go should never use paper napkins. The haddock Italiano was smothered and drowning in butter and somewhat overcooked, while my partners surf n' turf was mediocre. The steak was not all that flavorful and the shrimp was ok, but not memorable. The haddock came with no sides and the broccolini I ordered was a tiny portion and, soggy and uninspired. The prices were moderate-to-high and the service was slow - water was not plentiful and our waitress never asked if we wanted a refill on the coffee.Special Features:
- Nice but not nice enoughbrunchDined on 2/14/2012Expensive a la carte options such as $7.00 for a moderate size plate 0f pasta or $5.00 for roasted potato wedges (which were excellent by the way) with a $15-$22 main course. Petite filet was tough and taseless with the veal having flavor but tough. Too long to wait for one mixed drink and a glass of house red. Bread with EVOO for dipping gets a gold plate.
- I can't believe that suchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012I can't believe that such a fantastic place is in Clinton Center. I'm telling all of my friends.Special Features:
- Authentic home-made Italian cookingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/1/2012The pasta, meatball, sauces, and most other menu items are made on premises and are excellent. Meats and fisb dishes were cooked perfectly. Prices were very fair. - we'll definitely return.Special Features:
- LadySOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2012Everything is prepared & priced seperately.. for example, if you get chicken parm, you will be paying for the chicken & then will have to order & pay for a side of pasta. It makes the overall cost a bit pricey. But for a special occasion, its not bad. Appearance-wise, the place is gorgeous.. modern but with an old-world Italian flare. Its local too & in a small town thats a huge plus. Definitely better than the other local choices of pizza joints. Its a good choice for a romantic night out.Special Features:
- The evening we went was aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2011The evening we went was a Tuesday, the appetizers, and food was outstanding, fresh, the only gripe was the "service" - it does not match up with the quality of everything else going on at this place. Our waitress was stretched too thin, forgot to put our food in a container to take home, so it needless to say got thrown out. Was not given a breakdown of the bill, only a total and noticed other "wait staff" not dressed appropriately. Some type of dress code should be in place (including foot attire).Special Features: