Ristorante Tuscany – Orlando World Center Marriott
8701 World Center Drive
Orlando, FL 32821Neighborhood:
Lake Buena Vista
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante Tuscany – Orlando World Center Marriott
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.marriottworldcenter.com/
- Phone: 4072388577
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Closed on Tuesdays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Anthony Burdo
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
A word from Ristorante Tuscany – Orlando World Center Marriott
Ristorante Tuscany is the first authentic Tuscan restaurant in Orlando. Celebrate the freshness and simplicity of true Tuscan cooking presented by Chefs trained by Autica Posta Restaurant in Tuscany Italy. In addition to serving the finest Tuscan ingredients our goal is to consistently embrace and support the utilization of organically grown produce, fish, beef, lamb and poultry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Tuscany – Orlando World Center Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
- Don't Eat Here!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/20122 of us ordered their NY Strip steak. We both had a terrible cut. Very tough and average at best in flavor. The rolls they brought out were dry and stale. I ordered a glass of their house Cabernet. Am pretty easy to please - not a wine snob in the least. Whatever they served was way below par.
- Fantastic food from startOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Fantastic food from start to finish. The wait staff, Chef and manager all talked to us at some point during our meal. Kudos!Special Features:
- Just one word......fabulous,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/15/2012Just one word......fabulous, Franco, Victorinox Swiss Army, Inc.Special Features:
- I wrote a review after myElemceeVIPDined on 6/20/2012I wrote a review after my first visit for TripAdvisor. After my second vist, I still say this place rocks. Don't be put off by the location - yes, it is in a Marriott. But it is still a wonderful restaurant with much more of a neighborhood feel. Food, service, and atmosphere all get kudos. When I come back to Orlando, I'll be back at Tuscany.
- The veal chop was of poorDanTDined on 6/7/2012The veal chop was of poor quality. Even the ribeye, which was very expensive, was as tough as shoe leather. Hard to believe from a restaurant this expensive. The wine prices were outrageous.
- Service was great but foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2012Service was great but food was mediocre for an Italian Restorante. Food was luke warm and over cooked.
- Pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2012While staying at the World Center Marriott we noticed the large selection of on-site restaurants. We typically would shy away from "hotel restaurants" due to their consistently poor quality and service. However, the folks at Tuscany got it right! Food was terrific and wine list was spectacular!! Gentleman named Uwe was particularly hospitable and helpful in finding a great Italian wine for our family get-together. As long as you're not in a hurry (food service seemed to be a touch on the slow side), you will not be disappointed with any course, including desserts!!Special Features:
- We were on vacation from CT,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/19/2012We were on vacation from CT, we are very picky when it comes to food especially good Italian, the app were great and my husband had a steak which he cut with a butter knife. Tuscany was awesome.Special Features:
- Very good food and service.NoOneSpecialDined on 4/11/2012Very good food and service. I was very happy with the dinning experience
- Great Restaurant in a hotelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2012We dine here every time we stay at the World Center Marriott for the past 10 years although it is a bit pricey for the location. Various rolls served with extra virgin olive oil are outstanding. Don't miss out on the calamari and rock shrimp for an appetizer - it is not to be missed! We enjoyed the daily fish specials, snapper in a spicy sauce, and pasta w/sausage/broccoli rabe for our entrees. Kids menu is unique with a filet mignon choice in addition to the usual pasta w/butter, etc.. Make sure you ask for Sam as your waiter - he is very knowledgeable and makes your dining experience that much better!
- Ah-mazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/15/2012Our pasta and rissotto was amazing. W cleaned our plates with the tasty house made bread. Julie was very attentive and sweet. Can't wait to go back again!
- Solid, better than expectedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/7/2012While indistinct from the hotel lobby, Ristorante Tuscany is a solid delivery with better than expected service and atmosphere. The menu is, while not unexpected or exceptional, good and a better value than Hawks Landing which is also on the property.Special Features:
- Had the specials-lobster withDiningdivaDined on 3/5/2012Had the specials-lobster with bow tie pasta with white wine sauce and swordfish.Both entrees were very good.For dessert had berries which were not on menu but waiter brought besitifull arranged strawberries,blueberries and raspberries. Delicious cappuccinos concluded the night's dinner!Special Features:
- Everyone enjoyed their foodHollyBDined on 2/23/2012Everyone enjoyed their food very much. The creme brulee was a work of art. I almost didn't want to eat it!! Plan to be there a while though, the pace of the meal was very slow. The service in between was great though.Special Features:
- I was so disapointed -- theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/27/2012I was so disapointed -- the evening was to be a fun family dinner. The menu was very limited, the food just ok, the noise volumn was so high you could not talk and the waiter was the worst! Not a fun evening.
- Recommend if staying inCologurlDined on 1/27/2012Great food inside the Marriott. Didn't eat at other restaurants so hard to compare. Service was spectacular and food was good. Not like you were in Italy, but good for a hotel. The couple we ate with had returned to eat dinner with us, so that is a big positive.Special Features:
- Although the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2012Although the food was very god, the menu is rather limiited. If you are n the Morriott and dn't want to travel the 15 minutes or more to any other good restaurant, this is a god choice. As were both the steak house and Japanese restaurant at the resort.
- Our favorite dining spot atOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/10/2012Our favorite dining spot at the Marriott. Excellent food and service.
- No problem.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2012Make reservations! We did and am pleased. They seated as many as they could as quickly as they could. Those with reservations were seated on time. The food is absolutely indescribable for all great reasons. The description on the menu was exactly what was served. I had dinner here 2 days straight. Same waiter. He knew his wines, drinks, and most of all he could assist you into finding the right entree' for you. The portions were adequate. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Loved this restaurant!HungryDined on 12/28/2011Hungry for Italian we were thrilled we found it located in our hotel. The server was great and attentive but the kitchen was unreasonable slow (had 2 children with us). Thirty minutes for first course of cold salads? Caprese salad was awesome. Very salted which I loved. Also enjoyed farmers salad. Kitchen sent wrong entree & quickly produced mushroom risotto which was small, even for the lunch size, but very good. We devoured the prawns, especially the incredible polenta! Salmon special was off the chart delicious, down to the last drop of sauce & vegetable. Disappointed they had no ricotta cheesecake, server went out of his way to delight us with another special dessert. We'll be back even if staying at another hotel!Special Features:
- My husband and I have beenOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2011My husband and I have been guest of this hotel several times since 1993, and have dined at Tuscany's each time, We find the food and service wonderful, which always makes our stay even more special !Special Features:
- Terrible service disappointing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/23/2011We reserved this in October for Christmas. We arrived to be placed next to the busy grill counter! We asked to be moved to a better table which they did after some confusion. We had an elderly family member with us whom still had a difficult time with conversation due to the very loud atmosphere of the restaurant. Food allergies listed on reservation. Ordering we reminded them.20 minutes later the waitress returns and we need to select another entree, 10 minutes later the same occurs for myself.Our water was not refilled , no appetizer was offered and no holiday decor. The food was boring. Dessert, tea came well after the coffee, vanilla ice cream was served plain. Four star? I think not. A platinum Marriott member.Special Features:
- Sadly, food quality was notMikePVIPDined on 12/13/2011Sadly, food quality was not subpar for price charged. I gladly pay these prices, but expect high caliber. Steak was tough, despite being medium rare, and flavors were unimpressive. Service was extremely slow, yet restaurant was not packed. We ate there in March, and it was spectacular. Significant deterioration since then, I am sorry to say..
- Aside from the outstandingChadDined on 12/4/2011Aside from the outstanding food which was impeccably prepared, I must note the exceptional quality of the service. Our server was attentive yet not obtrusive, helpful in an honest and understanding manner, and went out of his way to be sure that our evening was cheerful and warmhearted. I delightful experience with "food fit for foodies."
- Restaurant is fine but overpricednoneVIPDined on 12/2/2011Restaurant is fine but overpriced by about 50%. My pasta main course was $32 for a small portion that was worth $20. We will not return.Special Features:
- Great Hotel RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011Our experience was excellent. The waiter was especially outstanding, explaining the menu and offering suggestions to help us make our menu selections.Special Features:
- Very much recommended, but $$$$$SquirsDined on 10/7/2011Food was excellent, a bit too much butter, so it sat in our "not used to" stomachs for awhile. Excellent wine selection and very professional service.Special Features:
- i was seated in the part ofteddyDined on 10/3/2011i was seated in the part of the restaurant that extended into the hotel lobby. Perhaps the ambiance, service, and noise level would have been better inside the restaurant.
- Just OK.kbeansVIPDined on 8/2/2011The menu was limited. More than one special would have been nice.
- Food fit for royaltyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/22/2011This restaurant was really fantastic. I am a picky foodie so if I think it was wonderful, it was. They accommodated my gluten free diet and everything was done to perfection. My snapper was nice and crispy on top and cooked just right. The broth was divine and the dish as a whole was beautifully composed with a lovely mix of flavors and snd attention to texture as well. The restaurant even gave me a whole bottle of wine for hte price of a half bottle when they found they didn't have the half bottle of my selection. The scallops appetizer was perfectly cooked again with a nice sear on the scallops and the gelato I had for dessert was really excellent homemade gelato. Service was impeccable - I was treated like a queen.Special Features:
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2011From the moment we arrived and were greated by our server we felt very comfortable. His knowledge of the menu and recommendations were great. The food was outstanding. We had the opportunity to try the other restaurants in the World Center and Ristorante Tuscany was the best. I would highly recommend this to anyone.Special Features:
- Very unimpressed. Since youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2011Very unimpressed. Since you are basically held captive at the resort (because of the location of the resort/freeways you can not walk to anything else) maybe they don't think they have to try very hard. We had 6:30 reservations on a Friday night. The place was dead, but when you go for an expensive dinner at a nice place you like to linger, and granted we did not have an appetizer, but dinner should not be there in less than 10 minutes afte ordering. And with no appetizer and only a glass of wine each ordered instead of a bottle the waiter's disposition changed instantly. The food was fair at bestt for what is supposed to be such a high end restaurant.
- Food and service were very,TheredwinerVIPDined on 3/9/2011Food and service were very, very good. The experience was hurt by the seating which placed us practically in the lobby of the hotel to be distracted by multitudes of people passing by in various forms of dress, noise and hustle. Perhaps had we been offered the option of inside seating, we would have had a more positive dining experience. When you get dressed up to enjoy a nice night out, you don't want children in shorts and sneakers, and adults in bathing attire or workers uniforms bustling around your dinner.
- Tale of 2 seatings...OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/24/2011We had 2 separate dinners at Tuscany. The first night was very busy and service pretty inexistant. It was difficult to understand the server's description of the specials (accent + noise level), level of attention was not good, not much in the way of accomodating one of our guests with vegan requests, wine service was up to us... On another night (a little less busy and another server), we lucked out and just walked in (someone had just cancelled), not wanting to leave the hotel for dinner. Our server was outstanding, his back-waiter also very attentive, classy, formal but comfortable demeanor. Food was outstanding that night (Swordfish with Mussels!), the Osso Bucco from the first night was dry and underseasoned.
- Their "signature" osso buco,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/18/2011Their "signature" osso buco, served with rosemary potatoes, is quite good and reasonably priced. So is their tomato and bread soup.Special Features:
- Overpriced menu & wine! NeverOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/17/2011Overpriced menu & wine! Never charge $14 for a glass of wine, when the bottle only costs $20 - that sends an awful message - especially to people that dine at fine restaurants that know their wine. If you're going to charge $22 for a plate of pasta with tomato sauce and a few pieces of salsa ricotta - it should have more taste than the plate I got.
- This restaurant has some ofsdenmarkDined on 1/8/2011This restaurant has some of the best food that I have eaten. The chef always has daily specials and they are certainly worth a try. The food is somewhat high priced for typical family vacations but if you are on a romantic get away or if you have the corporate card.... bon apetite.Special Features:
- Themfood was well prepared,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/31/2010Themfood was well prepared, and the server was very attentive. It was a fine meal, but far too expensive.Special Features:
- Very causal and friendly restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/29/2010Very causal and friendly restaurant. Highly recommended and for sure we will be back.Special Features:
- great Italian restaurant -OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 12/5/2010great Italian restaurant - excellent for those who do not want to travel out food is excellentSpecial Features: