Ristorante San Marco
504 Bethlehem Pike
Ambler, PA 19002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante San Marco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanmarcopa.com/
- Phone: 2156545000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Ristorante San Marco is the ideal location for your next event. From anniversary parties to sales meetings to elegant cocktail parties, we offer our private dining room & bar area. San Marco restaurant is perfect for small family gatherings or corporate luncheons. Our elegant dining room offers your guests attentive service & privacy in a beautifully decorated room. Whether you're introducing a new product or welcoming a new baby, San Marco restaurant offers the service & attention to make your gathering an event to remember. Local businesses as well as companies from around the world have relied on our personalized service, attention to every detail, and our award-winning cuisine for their important business dinners. A spectacular combination of exquisite food, presentation & ambiance is a promise at Ristorante San Marco. Also open Sundays to accommodate your private dining parties & special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Josephine Leone 2156545000
- Entertainment: With live music and an elegant atmosphere, Ristorante San Marco is a fine spot for an intimate dinner for two, yet it's warm & friendly atmosphere makes it an excellent choice for a special occasion family dinner as well.
This beautifully appointed piano bar features nightly live music by Bobby Lee, Sal Anthony & Kurt Martin our acclaimed classically trained pianists. The versatile piano players can accommodate almost any request. Their passionate music attracts the best singing talent in the area, part of what makes San Marco an unforgettable experience.
A word from Ristorante San Marco
Welcome to Ristorante San Marco, where you can enjoy the finest Italian cuisine in a uniquely intimate & elegant setting. We believe time & quality are the most important ingredients in the preparation of an exquisite meal. Spend time with us & discover our quality in food, service, & atmosphere. We assure your selection the best & proper attention. Josephine & Leo Leone extend a heartfelt invitation to everyone, to visit & enjoy the finest cuisine in our warm & elegant ambiance. Grazie & Buon Appetito La Famiglia LeoneContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante San Marco - Best Restaurants in Ambler ›
Ristorante San Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (27)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (10)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (9)great for lunch (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Amazing foodregiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great place to have dinner - recommend the lamb rack and branzinni - delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I asked for discretion from the wait staff when I made the reservation as the subject matter was sensitive. The wait staff did a great job gauging the flow of our conversation so not to intrude. Our server was very convivial while respecting our conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting menu and daily specialsTerriVIPDined on 10/4/2014San Marco's menu was so varied and had so many delicious choices it was difficult to decide. The Specials were also very tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistancyharrys322Dined on 10/3/2014Have been going here for 16 years. Never been disappointed with service or food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerMerlynVIPDined on 10/3/2014The most elegant and consistently fine food in the burbs. Had a lovely dinner with creative offerings at all price ranges. Everything is fresh from salads and pastas to fish. The specials are unique. The figs wrapped in prosciutto were divine. Also, one of the few lunch spots with tablecloths and calm ambiance. Keep it going.....Special Features:
- oh yesPleasedDined on 10/2/2014As always an excellent foodies place for dinner !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummLarryDined on 9/30/2014Fantastic meal with friends. Not sir why you offer a menu as the daily specials are vast and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, lacking executionak21Dined on 9/27/2014The place is really nice on the inside. Service was a little odd, the gentleman that sat us seemed like he was not in the best of moods. We got the fried calamari for app, which was good, lightly coated in flour and fried (not over cooked at all, perfect really) and it came with a tasty side of marinara. Fiancee got frutti di mare over linguine. She enjoyed the seafood, but said the pasta needed more sauce. She like sauce, and I could tell it needed a little more just by the looks. I go Osso Bucco, which was not braised long enough. I needed to use a knife to cut it. It was very disappointing, however the flavor was all there just need to braise longer. Unsure if we go back.Special Features:
- San marcosLarryDined on 9/24/2014Service was great Food fantastic. Great wine list desserts were fantastic music was appropriate servers were quite attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experiencePete321Dined on 9/19/2014Classic Italian food and everything is top quality.Special Features:
- Delightful birthday dinnerCHfoodistDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I dined at San Marco on a Thursday evening to celebrate a birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed sharing an appetizer of roasted eggplant with fresh mozzarella cheese followed by our entrees of Dover sole and rack of lamb. Food portions and wine pours by the glass are quite generous, and the service throughout our meal was friendly, yet professional.Special Features:
- Fine Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The menu and specials offer a wide variety of choices. Everything was delicious and the service was incredible.Special Features:
- excellent italian placeregiVIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent Italian place - lobster bisque and branzini was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerNd36Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at San Marco after reading reviews and we were very pleased with every aspect of our meal. Great service and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingninkDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and the food was very good; if the table behind us had been more considerate of others, it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceMonchichiDined on 9/5/2014My boyfriend and I met my father and his wife at San Marco's. It is located between us and seemed convenient. It turns out that we re-introduced my father and his wife to this great restaurant. They hadn't visited in years and told me that they would be going back again soon as they so much enjoyed it. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, the ambiance was delightful. A fantastic place for any reason to go out for a phenomenal dinner.Special Features:
- A memorable celebrationTmllVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thank you for again welcoming our family and making a memorable celebration. The team at San Marco engage all of us and make sure everyone's needs are attended to. Thank you Josephine, Leo, and Francesco again! See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatspizza100Dined on 8/23/2014We brought friends who had never been there. They really enjoyed. Fabulous, as usual.Special Features:
- Old School White Glove ItalianPhillygirl61Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent, fresh seafood and home made pasta. Attentive service, which includes deboning all fish. The price of the dishes on the standard menu are very reasonable ($ 20 - 25 for most main courses), but the specials, which are plentiful, are significantly higher priced (a wonderful fig appetizer was $18, whereas most apps are under $10), so make sure to ask about the price to eliminate unpleasant surprises. The wine list is limited to Italian and California wines, and there are very few bottles under $40, so that is a bit of a drawback as well. Otherwise a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprises... not in a good waymimiDined on 8/23/2014We sat down and were advised of the specials, without the prices..the menu's itself were from $14.95 to $25ish so we figured specials were on the higher end. Friend ordered veal chop. which ended up being over $41 and I ordered the lamb chops, which ended up being over $35. Not very happy at all. Food was good but NOT worth that money and certainly not without notifying us of the pricing. Will not be going back and will not recommend.
- Disappointed and won't be back...writeway00Dined on 8/22/2014We (family of four) decided to go out for a special dinner and picked San Marco. All of us were very disappointed with the food and the whole experience. Although the service was good, the meal itself was not tasty at all. I ordered one of the specials and not only was it just ok, it was way over priced. The shrimp cocktail wasn't fresh and neither was my husband's seafood dish. Not worth the money.
- Anniversary DinnergourmandDined on 8/20/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner, and it was a great experience. The service was excellent from the minute we walked in the door until we walked out. We had glasses of wine, appetizers, terrific entrees, coffee and dessert. That is not our normal routine, but it was a special occasion. We had driven past San Marco many times, but this was our first dining experience here. It will not be our last. Even though it was a Wednesday night, the restaurant was pretty much filled to capacity, and it seemed like many of the patrons were regulars. That says a lot about the restaurant. We would highly recommend it, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- RocknRollDined on 8/18/2014Went to San Marco to celebrate my daughter's special birthday. We all have a great time. The food was wonderful and the waiter very attentive. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Best Italian without going to Italyluvsmarco1Dined on 8/18/2014This was the second time my wife and I went to San Marco and I didn't think it could have gotten better than the first time but it did. All I can say is that if you drive by this restaurant and don't go in you need to have your head examined! It is by far the best food and service you will ever get. Great variety - hot food - delicious tasting - quick but not too quick service and resonably priced! Actually, I would have paid more if I had to. Keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it Use to be :-(JgsjrVIPDined on 8/14/2014We always try to go someplace special for our anniversary and this test is was back to San Marco a favorite from past years. This tear not so great. Some of my bride's shrimp seemed to taste "funny" - we could not tell the waiter unless he wanted to ask if we wanted more wine - too late at that point. Anyway my meal was okay - we skipped dolci and left. Won't be in a big rush to return. So sad'
- fine diningartjogorDined on 7/25/2014wonderful soft shell crabs. I had an appetizer portion and she had them for the main course. The best I have ever had. I had pasta with shrimp. Excellent! The tiramisu desert we shared was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Marco experienceOrtsyDined on 7/22/2014Our party of three enjoyed our dining experience, as everything from drinks, appetizers, main courses, desserts, to cappucinos was excellent. The only complaint - we could not afford to visit San Marco on a regular basis, as the cost was quite pricey, but it is definitely on our list for special occasion dinners and celebrations.Special Features:
- Overpriced, Caters to RegularsPeteDined on 7/12/2014Pros: great food, diverse wine list Cons: slow service, unenthusiastic waiter (clearly caters to 'regulars'; several nearby got lots of attention from the waiters), waiter didn't introduce himself, over-priced wine, no wine by the glass on the menu, very expensive specials, and they don't tell you the price of the specials (Veal chop was $42!), which makes for a 'negative surprise', very loud when full. Our dinner for two, with one of the lower-priced bottles of wine on the menu ($60), one salad, one appetizer, no dessert, no coffee: $172. Other: mostly elderly clientele (which is fine, but it might not hurt to be more attentive to us "younger" folk, in our early 50's);
- Long time neighborhood fine dinningpicklerDined on 7/11/2014Place was not very crowded due to the summer. Seemed a bit dull. Entree had to be sent back because it was cold. Appetizers were far better than entree. Young fella pouring water and starting out with us was extremely personable. Went to have a drink at the piano bar and decided to have dinner there. No one in the piano bar area either. Really kind of put a damper on the place. No liveliness to it.Special Features:
- BillDined on 7/9/2014most of the food was very good, except for the oyster appetizer,, we opted for fried, when they arrived they were mostly burnt and had no taste to them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with a fireworks viewCarolPVIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was very good - rich lobster bisque with chunks of lobster meat; bright and spicy arugula salad with EVOO/lemon dressing; moist salmon with sundried tomatoes and capers; salt encrusted bronzini served tableside; We enjoyed dessert and wine while watching the fireworks from the window. Although we very much enjoyed the food, the service was rushed (the waiter tried to clear my salad as I was eating!). Waiters were constantly frantically rushing through the dining room; I literally saw 1 waiter running! I'm willing to give the restaurant another try on an off-holiday evening to hopefully enjoy a less frantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food/ old fashion ambianceOverpricedDined on 7/5/2014The food was very authentic and delicious! No complaints there except that my husband ordered the salmon and scallops and received one scallop. The other reviewes are correct that they hound you to order a drink or bottle of wine and they don't tell you the prices! A glass of house Cabernet costs 9$ They also do not tell you the price of the specials. I know that if you're going out to a nice dinner usually price doesn't matter but it would have been nice. We were the youngest diners! Everyone else was in their 60's or 70's and dresses up! No jeans here. To sum it up, great food and great service. Would we be back? Probably not. We could spend $150.00 on Italian at a cooler place in the city, twice for the price we paid and just as good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 488 reviews are from the Ristorante San Marco reviews archive.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/20/2014Although the entrees are not outragously priced, it would be nice if the wine by the glass and desserts were also priced on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian restaurantjlp1226Dined on 6/7/2014We went for our anniversary dinner and had a good meal. Nice atmosphere. Wait staff was excellent.Special Features:
- Simply the bestHappyDined on 6/6/2014San Marco is our favorite restaurant in Montgomery County! The menu is incredible. The food is amazing and the service impeccable.We are never disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/24/2014The food was outstanding as usual, service was top notch, so I was kind of surprised when upon finishing my meal (by finished I mean I had eaten enough) with about 60% still on my plate, I was not asked if I would like to take leftovers home. My plate was just whisked away never to be seen again. I will be back again because the food is so good, but I will make sure I speak up at the end of my meal, if I have leftovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TerrificJoelVIPDined on 5/24/2014The bartender serves perfect drinks and the food is always excellent at San Marco.Special Features:
- San Marco reviewsunshine365Dined on 5/24/2014From the moment we walked through the door, from the service to the food, everything was wonderful. The staff was very attentive and pleasant. Our appetizers, meals and dessert were absolutely delicious!Special Features:
- Another great mealFoodiesx2VIPDined on 5/17/2014We dine at San Marco fairly frequently and the food is always delicious. Of note this visit were 2 specials: stuffed calamari which was excellent, and a pasta special of tricolored pasta with artichokes which the kitchen tweaked to make it vegetarian for me. Kitchen seems more flexible under the new chef. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/16/2014Excellent service and tasty food. Been here multiple times for lunch and dinner and always clean my plates. My favorite entree is the paparadelle with porcini and the eggplant appetizer. Nice variety of specials at reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.