Ristorante San Marco
504 Bethlehem Pike
Ambler, PA 19002Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante San Marco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sanmarcopa.com/
- Phone: (215) 654-5000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30pm - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Ristorante San Marco is the ideal location for your next event. From anniversary parties to sales meetings to elegant cocktail parties, we offer our private dining room & bar area. San Marco restaurant is perfect for small family gatherings or corporate luncheons. Our elegant dining room offers your guests attentive service & privacy in a beautifully decorated room. Whether you're introducing a new product or welcoming a new baby, San Marco restaurant offers the service & attention to make your gathering an event to remember. Local businesses as well as companies from around the world have relied on our personalized service, attention to every detail, and our award-winning cuisine for their important business dinners. A spectacular combination of exquisite food, presentation & ambiance is a promise at Ristorante San Marco. Also open Sundays to accommodate your private dining parties & special occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Josephine Leone 2156545000
- Entertainment: With live music and an elegant atmosphere, Ristorante San Marco is a fine spot for an intimate dinner for two, yet it's warm & friendly atmosphere makes it an excellent choice for a special occasion family dinner as well.
This beautifully appointed piano bar features nightly live music by Bobby Lee, Sal Anthony & Kurt Martin our acclaimed classically trained pianists. The versatile piano players can accommodate almost any request. Their passionate music attracts the best singing talent in the area, part of what makes San Marco an unforgettable experience.
A word from Ristorante San Marco
Welcome to Ristorante San Marco, where you can enjoy the finest Italian cuisine in a uniquely intimate & elegant setting. We believe time & quality are the most important ingredients in the preparation of an exquisite meal. Spend time with us & discover our quality in food, service, & atmosphere. We assure your selection the best & proper attention. Josephine & Leo Leone extend a heartfelt invitation to everyone, to visit & enjoy the finest cuisine in our warm & elegant ambiance. Grazie & Buon Appetito La Famiglia LeoneContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante San Marco - Best Restaurants in Ambler ›
Ristorante San Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)neighborhood gem (37)romantic (33)fit for foodies (33)good for groups (19)notable wine list (17)vibrant bar scene (11)great for lunch (7)hot spot (6)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Top notch foodBeachBumsDined on 11/22/2014If you are looking for a great Italian meal, search no further. San Marco provides one of the finest meals in the area. Our table had the arugula and the Caesar salads...portion size was excellent and they were well mixed with dressing. I had the lobster ravioli in creamy tomato sauce. The pasta was delicate and the sauce delicious. Every entree at our table was beautifully plated, hot and filling. The desserts were wonderful from a very colorful and light Italian rum cake to cream puffs and much more. It seemed like they may have been understaffed or just very busy...some servers were actually running at times and we had to hunt down servers in order to get drinks refilled..Overall, a very good dining experience. I will recommend this restaurant to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Local ItalianLaurenDined on 11/21/2014As usual, San Marco did not disappoint. The service is exceptional. The food is beyond expectation. Love the ambiance! Great for intimate date night or a group dinner. We will be back soon for another spectacular meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpectedly gooddfc9258VIPDined on 11/12/2014Went to this restaurant for the first time in about 8 years. I was blown away by the outstanding service and attention to detail. Our server was very accommodating and friendly and not obtrusive in any way. The food was outstanding and fresh, the prices were reasonable. Very comfortable surroundings and a lovely piano player is a nice touch. Ample free parking in the back of the building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyed mealDrJsgDined on 11/12/2014Appetizers were delicious, All members in my party (4) ordered fish dishes, food prepared well but a little too buttery. desserts were well prepared and coffee greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantalexDined on 11/6/2014The food was excellent and the atmosphere was very relaxing. The service was impeccable as our waiter was very attentive to our table making sure our experience was pleasurable. Authentic Italian taste and menu items to choose. Not your run of the mill Italian restaurant. If you want something different and unique, this restaurant is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alan D.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/3/2014This was my first visit to San Marco, which came highly recommended by J.B. The entire experience was outstanding , from start to finish !! The Staff was incredible, the wine list expansive and my veal entrée was the best I have had anywhere !! I will certainly be visiting San Marco on my next dining experience !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Marco Wows UsNancydinesDined on 11/1/2014Our first visit to Risorante San Marco did not disappoint! The atmosphere was calming, with just the right piano music to render it romantic. The service was excellent, and the food delicious every step of the way. We look forward to our next visit, and have already begun talking this place up to our friends!Special Features:
- PastatasticgastronomistVIPDined on 10/25/2014I loved the menu, specials, and most of all, the pasta (hand made on premise). We enjoyed the pappardelle and veal chop special most. The service was outstanding -- attentive and well-timed, affording a casual and appropriate pace for each course. I would definitely return to try additional dishes. The noise level was a bit higher than I typically like, but this makes it good for larger parties. The restaurant was full and the average age of the patrons were a bit older than my typical dining experience (upper middle age). All-in-all a great meal.Special Features:
- Best ITALIAN restaurant in the areaCherrieVIPDined on 10/24/2014This restaurant is without a doubt our favorite restaurant for a consistently excellent ITALIAN meal. The Branzino is the best we have ever had and done perfectly! The servers are wonderful and the ambiance is great. This is number ONE on our list of restaurants! You WILL NOT be disappointed here. Pricing is on the higher end but well worth the quality of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichardDined on 10/23/2014I dined with 5 companions and they all raved about their meals. I unfortunately got a veal dish that was awful. The meat was tough and tasteless. Service was OK but a little slow. The waiter never asked if we wanted another round of drinks and we were never shown a wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/22/2014This was our first visit. We enjoyed it very much and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Amazing foodregiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great place to have dinner - recommend the lamb rack and branzinni - delicious !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014I asked for discretion from the wait staff when I made the reservation as the subject matter was sensitive. The wait staff did a great job gauging the flow of our conversation so not to intrude. Our server was very convivial while respecting our conversationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- interesting menu and daily specialsTerriVIPDined on 10/4/2014San Marco's menu was so varied and had so many delicious choices it was difficult to decide. The Specials were also very tempting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistancyharrys322Dined on 10/3/2014Have been going here for 16 years. Never been disappointed with service or food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A WinnerMerlynVIPDined on 10/3/2014The most elegant and consistently fine food in the burbs. Had a lovely dinner with creative offerings at all price ranges. Everything is fresh from salads and pastas to fish. The specials are unique. The figs wrapped in prosciutto were divine. Also, one of the few lunch spots with tablecloths and calm ambiance. Keep it going.....Special Features:
- oh yesPleasedDined on 10/2/2014As always an excellent foodies place for dinner !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummLarryDined on 9/30/2014Fantastic meal with friends. Not sir why you offer a menu as the daily specials are vast and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place, lacking executionak21Dined on 9/27/2014The place is really nice on the inside. Service was a little odd, the gentleman that sat us seemed like he was not in the best of moods. We got the fried calamari for app, which was good, lightly coated in flour and fried (not over cooked at all, perfect really) and it came with a tasty side of marinara. Fiancee got frutti di mare over linguine. She enjoyed the seafood, but said the pasta needed more sauce. She like sauce, and I could tell it needed a little more just by the looks. I go Osso Bucco, which was not braised long enough. I needed to use a knife to cut it. It was very disappointing, however the flavor was all there just need to braise longer. Unsure if we go back.Special Features:
- San marcosLarryDined on 9/24/2014Service was great Food fantastic. Great wine list desserts were fantastic music was appropriate servers were quite attentive to our needsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back sooner...WackierTigerVIPDined on 9/20/2014We hadn't been here for quite a while but we liked it so much this time that we will be back soon. It's a nice quiet place with great Italian food and service. Cocktails are great and I recall a decent wine list too, although I just got a glass of chianti. I didn't get around to reviewing this right away so I don't remember everything. I think I got gnocchi [one of my faves] in a red sauce which was excellent. I think I had a caesar salad before that which was also excellent with great bread too. Overall a nice cozy place with great food and bar. I loved our server who was a kind older gentleman with an Italian accent. I wish I remembered his name.Special Features:
- Another great experiencePete321VIPDined on 9/19/2014Classic Italian food and everything is top quality.Special Features:
- Delightful birthday dinnerCHfoodistDined on 9/18/2014My wife and I dined at San Marco on a Thursday evening to celebrate a birthday. We thoroughly enjoyed sharing an appetizer of roasted eggplant with fresh mozzarella cheese followed by our entrees of Dover sole and rack of lamb. Food portions and wine pours by the glass are quite generous, and the service throughout our meal was friendly, yet professional.Special Features:
- Fine Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014The menu and specials offer a wide variety of choices. Everything was delicious and the service was incredible.Special Features:
- excellent italian placeregiVIPDined on 9/13/2014excellent Italian place - lobster bisque and branzini was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Amazing Anniversary DinnerNd36Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I had dinner at San Marco after reading reviews and we were very pleased with every aspect of our meal. Great service and the food was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingninkDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and the food was very good; if the table behind us had been more considerate of others, it would have been a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely ExperienceMonchichiDined on 9/5/2014My boyfriend and I met my father and his wife at San Marco's. It is located between us and seemed convenient. It turns out that we re-introduced my father and his wife to this great restaurant. They hadn't visited in years and told me that they would be going back again soon as they so much enjoyed it. The food was delicious, the service was impeccable, the ambiance was delightful. A fantastic place for any reason to go out for a phenomenal dinner.Special Features:
- A memorable celebrationTmllVIPDined on 8/30/2014Thank you for again welcoming our family and making a memorable celebration. The team at San Marco engage all of us and make sure everyone's needs are attended to. Thank you Josephine, Leo, and Francesco again! See you again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatspizza100Dined on 8/23/2014We brought friends who had never been there. They really enjoyed. Fabulous, as usual.Special Features:
- Old School White Glove ItalianPhillygirl61Dined on 8/23/2014Excellent, fresh seafood and home made pasta. Attentive service, which includes deboning all fish. The price of the dishes on the standard menu are very reasonable ($ 20 - 25 for most main courses), but the specials, which are plentiful, are significantly higher priced (a wonderful fig appetizer was $18, whereas most apps are under $10), so make sure to ask about the price to eliminate unpleasant surprises. The wine list is limited to Italian and California wines, and there are very few bottles under $40, so that is a bit of a drawback as well. Otherwise a wonderful place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprises... not in a good waymimiDined on 8/23/2014We sat down and were advised of the specials, without the prices..the menu's itself were from $14.95 to $25ish so we figured specials were on the higher end. Friend ordered veal chop. which ended up being over $41 and I ordered the lamb chops, which ended up being over $35. Not very happy at all. Food was good but NOT worth that money and certainly not without notifying us of the pricing. Will not be going back and will not recommend.
- Disappointed and won't be back...writeway00VIPDined on 8/22/2014We (family of four) decided to go out for a special dinner and picked San Marco. All of us were very disappointed with the food and the whole experience. Although the service was good, the meal itself was not tasty at all. I ordered one of the specials and not only was it just ok, it was way over priced. The shrimp cocktail wasn't fresh and neither was my husband's seafood dish. Not worth the money.
- Anniversary DinnergourmandDined on 8/20/2014We went here for our anniversary dinner, and it was a great experience. The service was excellent from the minute we walked in the door until we walked out. We had glasses of wine, appetizers, terrific entrees, coffee and dessert. That is not our normal routine, but it was a special occasion. We had driven past San Marco many times, but this was our first dining experience here. It will not be our last. Even though it was a Wednesday night, the restaurant was pretty much filled to capacity, and it seemed like many of the patrons were regulars. That says a lot about the restaurant. We would highly recommend it, especially for special occasions.Special Features:
- RocknRollDined on 8/18/2014Went to San Marco to celebrate my daughter's special birthday. We all have a great time. The food was wonderful and the waiter very attentive. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Best Italian without going to Italyluvsmarco1Dined on 8/18/2014This was the second time my wife and I went to San Marco and I didn't think it could have gotten better than the first time but it did. All I can say is that if you drive by this restaurant and don't go in you need to have your head examined! It is by far the best food and service you will ever get. Great variety - hot food - delicious tasting - quick but not too quick service and resonably priced! Actually, I would have paid more if I had to. Keep up the great workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What it Use to be :-(JgsjrVIPDined on 8/14/2014We always try to go someplace special for our anniversary and this test is was back to San Marco a favorite from past years. This tear not so great. Some of my bride's shrimp seemed to taste "funny" - we could not tell the waiter unless he wanted to ask if we wanted more wine - too late at that point. Anyway my meal was okay - we skipped dolci and left. Won't be in a big rush to return. So sad'
- The following 495 reviews are from the Ristorante San Marco reviews archive.
- fine diningartjogorDined on 7/25/2014wonderful soft shell crabs. I had an appetizer portion and she had them for the main course. The best I have ever had. I had pasta with shrimp. Excellent! The tiramisu desert we shared was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Marco experienceOrtsyDined on 7/22/2014Our party of three enjoyed our dining experience, as everything from drinks, appetizers, main courses, desserts, to cappucinos was excellent. The only complaint - we could not afford to visit San Marco on a regular basis, as the cost was quite pricey, but it is definitely on our list for special occasion dinners and celebrations.Special Features:
- Overpriced, Caters to RegularsPeteDined on 7/12/2014Pros: great food, diverse wine list Cons: slow service, unenthusiastic waiter (clearly caters to 'regulars'; several nearby got lots of attention from the waiters), waiter didn't introduce himself, over-priced wine, no wine by the glass on the menu, very expensive specials, and they don't tell you the price of the specials (Veal chop was $42!), which makes for a 'negative surprise', very loud when full. Our dinner for two, with one of the lower-priced bottles of wine on the menu ($60), one salad, one appetizer, no dessert, no coffee: $172. Other: mostly elderly clientele (which is fine, but it might not hurt to be more attentive to us "younger" folk, in our early 50's);