1826 S. Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rumari.net/
- Phone: (949) 494-0400
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Crivello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Local catering available for pickup or delivery. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private areas or restaurant buyout options available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Vincenzo or Massimo 9494940400x
- Special Events: ~VALENTINES DAY~
~OPEN MENU WITH SPECIALS~
SEATINGS for dining available EVERY HOUR starting at 5pm,6,7,8,9,and 10pm. Late arrivals will have a 5 minute grace period.
A word from Ristorante Rumari
Ristorante Rumari (Italian for "Restaurant of the Sea") is one of the most popular restaurants in Laguna Beach. It is popular for three primary reasons. First because of its fine Italian soul food. Second because of its location, away from the traffic and congestion of downtown Laguna. This makes it especially popular with the local residents of Laguna as well as those who have been referred by a friend, business associate or concierge at one of Laguna's many boutique hotels. There is abundant street parking as well as a small free lot behind the restaurant. (If you have ever tried to find a parking space in downtown Laguna you will appreciate Rumaris' location) The third reason this restaurant is so popular, and some say the most important reason is the Crivello Family, Vincenzo and Massimo and their mother Bina and father Antonio. Rumari is truly a "Family Affair" and has been for more than 24 years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Ristorante Rumari - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Ristorante Rumari reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)romantic (24)special occasion (19)fit for foodies (16)notable wine list (11)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (5)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- flipnkatDined on 11/8/2014The food and service were excellent. We would definitely go back again when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely FantasticlovewineDined on 11/8/2014If you love Italian food you will love Rumari. If you love Italians you will love Rumari. The waiters are Italian . The food is authentic just like you get in Italy and everyone is friendly. Vince the chef loves his food and will cook it exactly the way you like it just ask for any variation you want and he will pull it off. Well worth the trip.Special Features:
- NeighborsThree2eatDined on 10/25/2014Great Italian gem with fabulous food and great service right in our neighborhood. Love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian RestaurantValentinesDinerDined on 10/5/2014The food is great, ranging from pasta to the best Grilled Veal Chop I have ever eaten. My wife and I have been coming to Rumari's for years and have never had a single disappointment. I recommend that you make a reservation as the restaurant has limited seating.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014We enjoyed our dinner here very much. The service was great and the waiter very helpful and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Disappointmentsky1jordDined on 9/23/2014Went for wife's birthday, expecting outstanding food based on other reviews. The bruschetta was outstanding although had way too much raw garlic. The biggest issue for us was the standard Americanized way of cooking Italian pasta dishes: Drowning the pasta in oil and/or sauce. Surprising, given that the owners claim to cook authentic Italian, where, by our experience, the pasta is simply coated in sauce, leaving an almost dry plate at the end of a meal. Way too expensive for a meal no better than dozens of other Italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Great Local RestaurantJohnVIPDined on 9/21/2014Excellent service and classic Italian food. Great to find simple and unstuffy dining.Special Features:
- Always great!OrvyDined on 9/18/2014The food and the service are always great! The ambience is very friendly and cosy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodSphinxaDined on 9/17/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Orange County with excellent pastas as well as great seafood and meat dishes. Ask for the Minestrone soup, its as good as it gets.Special Features:
- Awesome food and service!MarisaPeasleyDined on 9/13/2014The chicken Valdostana is excellent. The scallop special was so good! I love the ensalata verdeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Laguna Beach areadaijonesVIPDined on 9/13/2014Consistently great with amazing food and excellent service along with a nice ambience although can get a bit loud, one of our few go to restaurants after much experimenting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhhLucky55VIPDined on 8/31/2014Two years ago I would say this was the best Italian food in Laguna. The food was delish, the service impeccable.... When I returned it was nothing like it use to be...the service was terrible, the food was soso and I was sad to say I wouldn't come back. I use to live in Laguna and have dined here many a time when it was a gem... I was disapointed!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian DiningREWonFoodDined on 8/29/2014Great food, excellent service, and very good atmosphere. I was looking for last minute out-of-town fine dining and this was great online find.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was very good and crowded. Very accommodating in food deviations, which I really appreciated. Pasta was very garlicy. and good. Service attentive. My friend got the risotto and she said was very good- and we got gelato for dessert which was good. Parking was challenging, but that is Laguna for you.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Simply one of the best Itailian resturants in Orange County. Small and family owned, personal, consistamtly great food.Special Features:
- Cold meatballsAaronVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had spotty service and cold meatballs served to us. Every dish was adequately average but the prices are for a five star dining experience. Bottom line is this place fails to meet moderate expectations.
- Great and unique Italian foodOCEricVIPDined on 8/2/2014From the gnocchi stuffed with mushroom covered in arrabiata sauce and slices of homemade sausage to the buttery tomato sauce poured over the side of spaghetti, this place does it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 226 reviews are from the Ristorante Rumari reviews archive.
- One of my Favorite RestaurantsSeabreeze73Dined on 7/26/2014The food is aways great, and the service is wonderful. Always love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite gemfunloverDined on 7/19/2014Rumari is like a big family & always fun. It is a real neighborhood gem. The bar is full of locals. Always same staff. Great for groups of 12. Never a bad meal. Service impecable. Little romantic tables in the back. Quick service. Go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAtherealbroderickcrawfordDined on 7/18/2014Had a good time with wife and will surely revisit in the coming weeksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to reputationjeffDined on 7/17/2014Maybe because I'm a New Yorker and have been fortunate to have eaten in many truly excellent Italian restaurants, Rumari was really just okay. Great service, excellent music that started at 9:00 on a Thursday nite...
- Great tasting food.ItalianoDined on 7/15/2014The food we ordered was great. The ambiance was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014This restaurant has great food. Most of the waiters are Italian and go out of their way to make sure your meal is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Orange CountydaijonesVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Orange County and in is very under rated I think partly because those that go here a lot may not express there feelings and want to keep it quiet. Not too big and can get a bit noisy but menu is great and food and service are impeccable as is the flexibility of the chef to adjust dishes per our needs/desires, quite authentic Italian food with great variety. We come back here every couple of months and have never been disappointed other than getting stuck in with big parties at Christmas where it was just too busy and loud..
- Great spotInternetboyDined on 7/5/2014Great food; great attention. A laguna-locals staple for a long time.
- Neighborhood residentsbopejacDined on 6/11/2014Very nice ambiance, great food , always a special time to be there, quick and excellent service,..friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great service but horrible foodDinaDined on 5/30/2014Very friendly staff, great service. Nice ambiance inside. The best part of the meal was the bread and olive oil. The antipasto salad ($16.95) tasted good but it was strictly slices of meat and cheese and spicy carrots & cauliflower but no other veggies. My lasagna ($18.50) was the worst Italian food I've ever had. It came piping hot in a dish covered with a hefty layer of grease. The grease permeated the lasagna and it was difficult to get a decent bite without lots of grease. When the waitress grated fresh parmesan cheese over the lasagna it immediately floated in the layer of grease. My dining companion ordered a grilled sausage/peppers/pasta entree that was OK, but not worth $27. Sorry, we won't be back!
- 1st class italianRobbieDined on 5/16/2014Italian cuisine made in Italy. Great menu with you traditional italian dishes. No pizza though. The taste is refined and presentation worked on. the waiting staff is very well trained for a fine dining experience. prices are up there but well worth it for what you are getting. great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Mother's Day dinnerOCfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Had a nice table by the window. It was busy but quiet and very easy to have a conversation. Food was good. Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was delicious. Lobster ravioli with saffron sauce was yummy too. Tiramisu and strawberry gelato are a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Laguna Beach Italian!CDMBillDined on 5/3/2014We had not been to Rumari in years and we had missed out: delicious house made ravioli, a truly exceptional carbonara and a deep wine list. Wow!Special Features:
- We've been going to Rumari'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2014We've been going to Rumari's for 12 years, since we first moved to this area. The food is always exceptional; and I think, the best Italian in the area. Service is great, low key, and friendly. The noise level is perfect - while not silent by any means, it at lease allows 4 people having dinner together to have a conversation - love Rumari's !Special Features:
- So, so and... so.TonyTheSwedeDined on 3/20/2014Had in mind a nice, Italian dinner. Food was alright but service a little bit off but friendly. We were seated at a table in the corner, and had to wait a bit to long for everything, service, food, drinks, check and so on which kind of let the over all impression actually threw a not that pleasant shadow over the food. Credit's though for not being shy when asked for extra garlic. The pelicans and seagulls that passed our terrace at The Surf&Sand in Laguna that night fell dead down right at the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced productOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I found the service to be less than ordinary. The waitress would disappear for 6-10 min. at a time. We felt alone at times when we needed to order. The product was average at best but well above average in price. Will not return.
- Authentic ItalianRayWVIPDined on 2/22/2014Nice people, good food - well prepared. Was there on a Saturday night - all tables filled - some large parties - a bit noisy - but lively - my party of 4 enjoyed the food - swordfish was amazing - black linguini with seafood - very nice. Will go again and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014Excellent food and service, Compared to other times in the past it was pleasantly quiet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014The recommended appetizers were ok. Burrata mozzarella was very good, however the tomatoes were not. The prosciutto was very hard to eat. The asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was good, but would have been better with skinnier asparagus. The basal mic reduction was too sweet. My chili sea bass was fantastic!! Very good flavor and fish was perfectly cooked. My husband had the veal piccata, not very flavorful, not enough lemon. The cannoli was awesome! I've never had cannoli, but I would return here for this fantastic dessert!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurantMunchielvrDined on 2/14/2014Charming restaurant and excellent service. The food was delicious and the restaurant was very romantic. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Italian fare & good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Typical Italian fare with good service. No surprises - good or bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceDaveDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was excellent, this was our first time dining at Rumari. Our complaints: noise level a bit high, prices a little too high for this type of place, and there was a cold draft of air through the restaurant that made it impossible for us to dine without out our jackets/sweater on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodjcbarneyDined on 2/14/2014Largest portion of fish I have ever had both Cod and swordfish were large and excellentSpecial Features: