1826 S. Coast Hwy
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.rumari.net/
- Phone: 9494940400x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday, 5:00pm - 9:30pm; Friday - Saturday, 5:00pm - 10:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Vincenzo Crivello
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Local catering available for pickup or delivery. Please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private areas or restaurant buyout options available. Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Vincenzo or Massimo 9494940400x
- Special Events: ~VALENTINES DAY~
~OPEN MENU WITH SPECIALS~
SEATINGS for dining available EVERY HOUR starting at 5pm,6,7,8,9,and 10pm. Late arrivals will have a 5 minute grace period.
A word from Ristorante Rumari
Ristorante Rumari (Italian for "Restaurant of the Sea") is one of the most popular restaurants in Laguna Beach. It is popular for three primary reasons. First because of its fine Italian soul food. Second because of its location, away from the traffic and congestion of downtown Laguna. This makes it especially popular with the local residents of Laguna as well as those who have been referred by a friend, business associate or concierge at one of Laguna's many boutique hotels. There is abundant street parking as well as a small free lot behind the restaurant. (If you have ever tried to find a parking space in downtown Laguna you will appreciate Rumaris' location) The third reason this restaurant is so popular, and some say the most important reason is the Crivello Family, Vincenzo and Massimo and their mother Bina and father Antonio. Rumari is truly a "Family Affair" and has been for more than 24 years!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Rumari reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (20)fit for foodies (13)romantic (12)special occasion (11)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (4)hot spot (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- EhhLucky55VIPDined on 8/31/2014Two years ago I would say this was the best Italian food in Laguna. The food was delish, the service impeccable.... When I returned it was nothing like it use to be...the service was terrible, the food was soso and I was sad to say I wouldn't come back. I use to live in Laguna and have dined here many a time when it was a gem... I was disapointed!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, excellent service, and very good atmosphere. I was looking for last minute out-of-town fine dining and this was great online find.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 8/21/2014It was very good and crowded. Very accommodating in food deviations, which I really appreciated. Pasta was very garlicy. and good. Service attentive. My friend got the risotto and she said was very good- and we got gelato for dessert which was good. Parking was challenging, but that is Laguna for you.Special Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Simply one of the best Itailian resturants in Orange County. Small and family owned, personal, consistamtly great food.Special Features:
- Cold meatballsAaronVIPDined on 8/8/2014We had spotty service and cold meatballs served to us. Every dish was adequately average but the prices are for a five star dining experience. Bottom line is this place fails to meet moderate expectations.
- Great and unique Italian foodOCEricVIPDined on 8/2/2014From the gnocchi stuffed with mushroom covered in arrabiata sauce and slices of homemade sausage to the buttery tomato sauce poured over the side of spaghetti, this place does it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Favorite RestaurantsSeabreeze73Dined on 7/26/2014The food is aways great, and the service is wonderful. Always love coming here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite gemfunloverDined on 7/19/2014Rumari is like a big family & always fun. It is a real neighborhood gem. The bar is full of locals. Always same staff. Great for groups of 12. Never a bad meal. Service impecable. Little romantic tables in the back. Quick service. Go for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NAtherealbroderickcrawfordDined on 7/18/2014Had a good time with wife and will surely revisit in the coming weeksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to reputationjeffDined on 7/17/2014Maybe because I'm a New Yorker and have been fortunate to have eaten in many truly excellent Italian restaurants, Rumari was really just okay. Great service, excellent music that started at 9:00 on a Thursday nite...
- Great tasting food.ItalianoDined on 7/15/2014The food we ordered was great. The ambiance was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food fun placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/11/2014This restaurant has great food. Most of the waiters are Italian and go out of their way to make sure your meal is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Orange CountydaijonesVIPDined on 7/11/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Orange County and in is very under rated I think partly because those that go here a lot may not express there feelings and want to keep it quiet. Not too big and can get a bit noisy but menu is great and food and service are impeccable as is the flexibility of the chef to adjust dishes per our needs/desires, quite authentic Italian food with great variety. We come back here every couple of months and have never been disappointed other than getting stuck in with big parties at Christmas where it was just too busy and loud..
- Great spotInternetboyDined on 7/5/2014Great food; great attention. A laguna-locals staple for a long time.
- Neighborhood residentsbopejacDined on 6/11/2014Very nice ambiance, great food , always a special time to be there, quick and excellent service,..friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great service but horrible foodDinaDined on 5/30/2014Very friendly staff, great service. Nice ambiance inside. The best part of the meal was the bread and olive oil. The antipasto salad ($16.95) tasted good but it was strictly slices of meat and cheese and spicy carrots & cauliflower but no other veggies. My lasagna ($18.50) was the worst Italian food I've ever had. It came piping hot in a dish covered with a hefty layer of grease. The grease permeated the lasagna and it was difficult to get a decent bite without lots of grease. When the waitress grated fresh parmesan cheese over the lasagna it immediately floated in the layer of grease. My dining companion ordered a grilled sausage/peppers/pasta entree that was OK, but not worth $27. Sorry, we won't be back!
- 1st class italianRobbieDined on 5/16/2014Italian cuisine made in Italy. Great menu with you traditional italian dishes. No pizza though. The taste is refined and presentation worked on. the waiting staff is very well trained for a fine dining experience. prices are up there but well worth it for what you are getting. great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Mother's Day dinnerOCfoodieDined on 5/11/2014Had a nice table by the window. It was busy but quiet and very easy to have a conversation. Food was good. Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was delicious. Lobster ravioli with saffron sauce was yummy too. Tiramisu and strawberry gelato are a real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 214 reviews are from the Ristorante Rumari reviews archive.
- Great Laguna Beach Italian!CDMBillDined on 5/3/2014We had not been to Rumari in years and we had missed out: delicious house made ravioli, a truly exceptional carbonara and a deep wine list. Wow!Special Features:
- We've been going to Rumari'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/9/2014We've been going to Rumari's for 12 years, since we first moved to this area. The food is always exceptional; and I think, the best Italian in the area. Service is great, low key, and friendly. The noise level is perfect - while not silent by any means, it at lease allows 4 people having dinner together to have a conversation - love Rumari's !Special Features:
- So, so and... so.TonyTheSwedeDined on 3/20/2014Had in mind a nice, Italian dinner. Food was alright but service a little bit off but friendly. We were seated at a table in the corner, and had to wait a bit to long for everything, service, food, drinks, check and so on which kind of let the over all impression actually threw a not that pleasant shadow over the food. Credit's though for not being shy when asked for extra garlic. The pelicans and seagulls that passed our terrace at The Surf&Sand in Laguna that night fell dead down right at the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced productOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014I found the service to be less than ordinary. The waitress would disappear for 6-10 min. at a time. We felt alone at times when we needed to order. The product was average at best but well above average in price. Will not return.
- Authentic ItalianRayWVIPDined on 2/22/2014Nice people, good food - well prepared. Was there on a Saturday night - all tables filled - some large parties - a bit noisy - but lively - my party of 4 enjoyed the food - swordfish was amazing - black linguini with seafood - very nice. Will go again and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/17/2014Excellent food and service, Compared to other times in the past it was pleasantly quiet!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food. Good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/16/2014The recommended appetizers were ok. Burrata mozzarella was very good, however the tomatoes were not. The prosciutto was very hard to eat. The asparagus wrapped in prosciutto was good, but would have been better with skinnier asparagus. The basal mic reduction was too sweet. My chili sea bass was fantastic!! Very good flavor and fish was perfectly cooked. My husband had the veal piccata, not very flavorful, not enough lemon. The cannoli was awesome! I've never had cannoli, but I would return here for this fantastic dessert!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurantMunchielvrDined on 2/14/2014Charming restaurant and excellent service. The food was delicious and the restaurant was very romantic. Excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical Italian fare & good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014Typical Italian fare with good service. No surprises - good or bad.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good experienceDaveDined on 2/14/2014The food and service was excellent, this was our first time dining at Rumari. Our complaints: noise level a bit high, prices a little too high for this type of place, and there was a cold draft of air through the restaurant that made it impossible for us to dine without out our jackets/sweater on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodjcbarneyDined on 2/14/2014Largest portion of fish I have ever had both Cod and swordfish were large and excellentSpecial Features:
- Great food, good valueValentineSurpriseDined on 2/8/2014Wife and I went for a surprise Valentine's dinner I set for her (they all expect it on the 14th, switch it up, much better results : ). Our server (wish i remembered her name, very nice, slight accent) was great. Did not feel rushed and took time explaining the specials (which were plentiful) and even let me alter one (added grilled onions/peppers to the gnocchi/sausage) which was no problem. Extensive wine list esp for those who have a one limit rule when driving as the by-the-glass had some great options. Food came out quick and was perfect amount (sometimes you fear a special = small dish) but that was not the case. Topped off the meal by splitting a cannoli (dessert menu less impressive than wine).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageRWHintheOCVIPDined on 2/7/2014Average food Decent service Been twice both times way to hot in dinning room Good price point thou Friendly staff and crowd.Special Features:
- Too much cheeseFoodloverVIPDined on 2/6/2014Their food is OK. The lasagna had too much cheese and so did their eggplant appetizer. It was my firts time there. It wouldn't be my first, or second choice for Italian if I'm in the neighborhood again.
- Great ServiceAV1958VIPDined on 1/31/2014Very nice menu and excellent service. Food was excellent as well as sauces prepared perfectly without the normal Italian temptation of using too much garlic. Recommended chicken dish a little lackluster for taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestmelgVIPDined on 1/24/2014We brought two couples for their first visit. Three of the four are picky eaters of discerning taste rarely consuming an entire entree. One hour after being served, six empty plates. That two of them remarked this meal was as good as I've ever eaten in all my trips to Italy is testament to this excellent restaurant. Our meals of veal chop, lasagna, sea food w/linguine, ravioli, sea bass were being passed around for all to sample.Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday DinnerLovebirds2014Dined on 1/18/2014We requested a romantic seat when we made our reservation and they exceeded our expectations!! We got a cozy booth in the back of the restaurant and it was perfect. Martin, our server, was excellent. He recommended the perfect wine and the food was amazing! The beef carpaccio was awesome!! We had the veal loin that my fiancé loved and u must try the lemon sorbet and espressos. Our waiter even brought a dessert wine on the house. We will definitely come back. Loved it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was excellent!! bestlove2eatDined on 1/18/2014the food was excellent!! best swordfish I have had in a long time! the gelato/berry dessert was also perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/8/2014Food was good, but definitely overprized compared to many other options in Laguna Beach. Excellent wine list, especially Italian.Special Features:
- Pasta perfectionlovesomegrubDined on 12/31/2013Great service, great food, great wine. Everyone was having a good time. Music at the right volume. We had the seafood linguine and penne con salmone. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifico!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/30/2013The food is amazing. Beautifully prepared and in keeping with rustic Italian cooking. Service is sublime. The only issue is the noise level. OY. Cannot hear oneself think. But the food more than made up for it, because it was delicious, beautifully plated and reasonable. a real plus for a Laguna Beach restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as alwaysBobbyBVIPDined on 12/30/2013Rumari still stands out as the Italian restaurant to go to when you want great food and great service. Give me the Veal Milanese, linguini with garlic and oil, some prosciutto and cheese as a starter and I'm good to go. Priced slightly higher than the "standard" Italian restaurants but worth every dollar. If you are in Laguna Beach (or not) but crave a true Italian meal, Rumari should be number one on your listSpecial Features: