Ristorante Pizzico - Barrington
308 County Road
Barrington, RI 02806Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Pizzico - Barrington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.stockfoodgroup.com/
- Phone: 4012470303
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Daniel Teodoro
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Decadent Catering is a full-service catering company specializing in off-site events and corporate functions including (but not limited to) weddings, bar mitzvahs, retire parties, corporate events, holiday parties and more. We like to say "Your Event Becomes Our Obsession" because we meticulously plan every detail and execute to the highest standards. Our experienced team is dedicated to excellence so that your event exceeds the expectations of you and your guests, from food to lighting, decor and atmosphere.
- Private Party Contact: Dean Mistretta 4014214114
A word from Ristorante Pizzico - Barrington
Stock Food Group owns and operates the popular Pizzico Ristorante locations in Providence and Barrington, RI as well as Decadent Catering. The team is comprised of highly professional veterans in the food service industry, each with a long-standing history of expertise. Pizzico Ristorante, the on famed East Side of Providence has a 20-year history as a premier dining destination. It"s rustic yet eclectic decor makes you feel like you're in New York City and Tuscany at the same time. The team keeps the decor fresh and stylish, and serves its award-winning Italian and Fusion cuisine. While other establishments have come and gone, Pizzico Ristorante has remained a pillar in the Providence restaurant scene for two decades. Stock Food Group has recently opened its Barrington, RI location, bringing the same menu and hip elegance to East Bay.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Pizzico - Barrington reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (18)special occasion (17)good for groups (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (5)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Kind of an "off" nightactivitydirectorDined on 9/19/2014A little disappointed with host and service this time. The usual host was not working (he is always accommodating and understanding!) and another male was greeting and seating customers - he was less then accommodating. Our server seemed overwhelmed - it was difficult to get her attention. As usual, the dinner was outstanding!Special Features:
- Lovely and chicwrightazblokDined on 9/18/2014In the past, I've only frequented Pizzico in Providence, but love everything about this location. It is sure to be my new hangout spot. It was the best dining experience to date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big DisappointmentSio927Dined on 9/12/2014We were excited to finally try out Ristorante Pizzico but the whole experience was lackluster and expensive. First, the service was extremely poor. We got to the restaurant and were promptly seated. However it took just over 15 minutes for our server to show up. From that point it was about another 10 before she returned with drinks and to take our order. Once she took the order she got both orders wrong (just brought the wrong dishes.) It took her two more tries and another 40 minutes to get what we originally ordered. The food was unimpressive but came at exorbitant prices. For two (no alcohol) the bill was just about $ 80. The food was... okay but certainly was not good. My advice is to skip this restaurant.
- deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Food was absolutely delicious and somewhat unique - will definitely be backSpecial Features:
- RoseyDined on 8/30/2014Some gluten free selections. Very nice. Hopefully will add some gluten free pizza. We enjoyed our visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pizzico for a Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Cozy atmosphere, attentive service, fabulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent !MJKobeDined on 8/2/2014We are frequent diners and whether my husband I are eating as a couple or bring our adult Chikdren and grandchildren the service is great ! Our good is always amazing and the bread is amazing! Absolutely recommend this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Tried this restaurant during Providence Restaurant Week, an were very happy with it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okFamilyniteoutDined on 7/4/2014I wish they would have had a menu posted when I went to make reservations. Food was good, but was more than I really wanted to spend going out for dinner with my 3 year old. The kids pizza was huge, actually the same size as the pizza my husband and I shared. I liked that all the ingredients were fresh and local. Sadly, I was disappointed in the prices.
- Always perfect!MJKobeDined on 7/4/2014We dine here on a weekly basis, usually the entire family (9 or 10) and we have never been disappointed. The specials are always diverse and the staples (some of us order the same dish repeatedly) are always prepared consistently delicious! Love the space, open kitchen so you can see the work in progress, nice distance between seating so you don't have to hear the neighboring diner's conversation! We book on line which is very convenient. Oh, the bread is AWESOME!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, When it Finally Came!sluggahDined on 6/23/2014Wednesday night dinner. Not enough cooks in the kitchen! Took over an hour to get our meals. Entire staff was stressed. Spoke to the manager who apologized. Food was great...when it finally made it to our table.
- Pizzico is a star!TimCDined on 6/14/2014We love Pizzico. The local ingredients, creative specials, appetizers... Great pasta, fresh seafood, steaks, salads. Crab cakes are the best anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 52 reviews are from the Ristorante Pizzico - Barrington reviews archive.
- Poor food; poor serviceLocalDiner106Dined on 6/1/2014Our waiter was prompt to take our drink and dinner orders but after that was scarce. My mother ordered fish which she said was good. My pizza on the other hand, was doughy and barely cooked. What was described as pizza with Parmesan, asiago cheese, onion, artichoke, prosciutto, and tomato was just some barely-cooked dough with RAW vegetables tossed on top. Took 10 minutes to flag down someone to take it back for re-cooking. At that point my mother had finished her meal. When the pizza finally returned (with a fake apology from our now-returned waiter), it didn't look much better and the veggies were still raw. I had a slice and took the rest home. If you have pizza on the menu, it should be good! I won't be going back anytime soon.
- just one little thing....MsPamelaDined on 5/31/2014We loved the food, very eclectic and craftily made, waiter, (Domanic), super great, knows how to be personal with customers and presents the menu items with knowledge and finesse:) Only thing I would alter is the noise coming from the restaurant (small child making a lot of unhappy noises:(. Perhaps putting something up that is more sound resistant between the restaurant and the bar area? No matter, we will be back and cant wait to bring our guests along:) Kudos to the chefs and all the staff!Special Features:
- Ristorante Pizzico BarringtonRenieDined on 5/24/2014This was a wonderful spot with ample free parking. The restaurant is actually newer than the one in Providence and is equally as nice in every way. We had a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Awesome Service!Dinner42Dined on 5/13/2014My overall experience with Restaurant Pizzico was one to remember. First it was my first time, and the service was on point. The food however was a bit of a disappointment. I did not enjoy the cold cheese topped bread & the freshly made pasta was not cooked long enough. My drink was really good though. Overall I wouldn't let the food stop me from coming again. I will definitely make my way to restaurant Pizzico I the near future, I would just order something else:-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SurpriseNezzieDined on 5/11/2014Had never been there before, but was very pleasantly surprised by the atmosphere, food, and server. Went there with family for a Mother's Day lunch. My husband and I split a pizza and garden salad which was delicious. Will definitely have to go back and try some of the other entrees. Everything looked so good!Special Features:
- New chefSTEVEDined on 5/10/2014New chef seems to be working out well. Been in several times and have had good meals on every occasion. Has a nice touch with seasonings.Special Features:
- two thumbs downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014Food simply said: Not very good. Although the waitress/service saved the night
- Easter DinnerMarco22VIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a group of eight for Easter Dinner. Six of the eight were making their first visit to this fine restaurant. The food was great and the waitstaff was better! Ashley is one of the most pleasant & efficient waitresses I have ever had. She is marvelous.Special Features:
- Great food but high pricesecondtryDined on 4/4/2014Even on a relatively quiet weeknight the noise level can be high...food is really very good but pricey when you consider the ingredients. Reserve this dining experience for "it's in the neighborhood, we don't care what it costs."Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellent service!MJKobeDined on 3/29/2014We eat at Pizzico in Barrington RI at least once a week. Whether it is with my entire family and a reservation for 10 with a high chair for my granddaughter or my husband and I dining by ourselves, we are never disappointed. The food is always prepared as promised, and special requests are always accepted. The bread is fabulous! We are happy to recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantactivitydirectorDined on 3/15/2014One of the best restaurants in East Bay! I have been there several times for a quiet dinner for two, large group gatherings and special occasions - always a good experience, never a disappointment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food! Warm and lightKspsDined on 3/1/2014Tasty food! Warm and light focaccia bread with oil dip leaves you wanting more. Love the idea of free dessert on the receipt for next visit! Will come again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AndreaDined on 2/28/2014WE WENT FOR A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION. FOOD WAS EXCELLENT ALL AROUND! ONLY PROBLEM WAS THE LACK OF LIGHT. WE NEEDED TO USE OUR CELL PHONE LIGHTS TO READ THE MENU. THE WAITRESS DID GIVE US A SECOND CANDLE BUT IT DIDN'T HELP MUCH. THINK I MAY TRY LUNCH DURING DAY LIGHT HOURS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite Italian restaurantmnoormo1VIPDined on 2/25/2014Unanimous thumbs up from our party of four from the appetizers to the entrees. With this restaurant's focus on locally grown, caught and raised products, the quality and freshness of ingredients is evident The Margarita pizza, veal and chicken parmiagiano burst with flavor. The filet mignon special was cooked to perfection. No need to travel Federal Hill in Providence for good Italian food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Belated Valentines Day DinnerArtADined on 2/16/2014Because of the weather, we were forced to change plans a couple of times. We had eaten at Pizzico East Side once and enjoyed so decided to try this one. Very pleased with everything. It was a Sunday evening so it was not that busy. Food was excellent, we asked for nothing, and it was reasonably priced. We will go there again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cozyDeciDined on 2/14/2014I brought my girlfriend here for valentines day and we both loved it. There was an aroma of smoke from the brick fired oven which wasnt over bearing at all. The food was delicious and would definitely recommend the pumpkin filled ravioli with pesto sauce. Over all the food was good, ambiance was very good especially for a special/ romantic date, and the service was quick and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly DisappointedSlightlydisappointedDined on 2/14/2014Bar tender did not prepare drink per request. When informed of the error he did not correct it. We were then seated at our table and ordered but were not offered bread. We eventually had to asked our waitress for bread. At one point during dinner, it got very smoky in the restaurant. Then it got very cold and breezy. Apparently there must have been some sort of kitchen incident.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Valentine's DinnerCocaCola4Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and I were late making plans for Valentine's day, and couldn't get reservations anywhere. As fans of Pizzico in Providence, we happily made a reservation at their place in Barrington, and weren't sorry we did! The food was, as usual, outstanding. Everything, from the eggplant tower to the pumpkin seed coated salmon to the tiramisu, was fresh and tasty. The wine list wasn't huge, but adequate, and the service was wonderful. We showed up 45 minutes early and they still were able to seat us. On the whole, a totally pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same great Pizzico tasteTangleRidgeDined on 2/14/2014Busy Friday night yet serviced wasn't rushed. We were able to savor every bite but could see we were being 'watched' in case we needed anything. It has a different vibe from Providence - so don't go in and expect it to be the same -- there's more space, it's more open - but it still tastes delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect family dinnerMommasDined on 2/8/2014For a party of 10, with 4 small children, our separate room was perfect!! Service was good and the setting and food was great. We would definitely go back gain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceDianeDined on 2/8/2014Pizzico is a really nice niche restaurant with good quality ingredients and a menu with a variety of different meal options for all tastes. Although I liked my meal alot (filet of sole), both my husband and my daughter thought their meals (both had pasta meals), although very good, could have been better enhanced with more seasoning (salt?). The service and our server was first quality. We will definitely go to Pizzico again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My son, and daughter toldZookieDined on 2/1/2014My son, and daughter told me that there is a restaurant that has great food, service and easy parking , that was 15 min from my home. When they told me the name, I thought that they were a pizza place. Boy, was I wrong. I ordered the sea bass with risotto and it was the best I have had. There were four of us there on this night and everything we ordered, was delicious. Great restaurant to give family, or friends gift certificates, you will not go wrong.Special Features:
- An off night?VincentPVIPDined on 1/24/2014We have been to Pizzico on Hope Street in Providence many times over many years and it remains one of our favorite Italian restaurants. We tried Barrington expecting the same excellent food and service. We were a bit dissappointed with our experience in Barrington. An entree done with peppers when ordered without. Side of pappardelle was not cooked, not hot and then replaced with another type pasta. The waiter was adequate but not engaging and aloof. All in all, not a perfect night. A bit surprising, especially the pasta which should be perfect at a restaurant like Pizzico. It seems they may have had an off night and understanding that can happen occaisionally, we will try Barrington again sometime and definitely keep going to Hope Street.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingSVH227Dined on 1/17/2014The setting was quite attractive.The server was attentive, but lacked a certain polish. We felt a bit rushed at times. He spoke in the third person, which we found slightly off-putting. He has clearly not been trained to provide that extra-special discrete service that you would expect in a place trying for a higher end dining experience. The food was mediocre. We always measure Italian restaurants by their red sauce. I ordered eggplant parmesan. The red sauce did not have a good taste. The eggplant was unevenly cooked. My husband ordered an Alfredo pasta dish.The taste of the sauce was mediocre. We did not care for the bread and dipping sauce. A plain Italian bread with a good crust, with plain olive oil for dipping would have been better.
- NoisyTheaterdinerDined on 1/11/2014Too noisy for us to really enjoy our meal, although the food was quite good. Small portiondps during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Loved itErinDined on 1/10/2014I've been here twice and each time I had a great experience. The food is great and the service is too. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early New Year's Eve treatmarilVIPDined on 12/31/2013Comfortable setting for an early New Year's Eve dinner with good friends. Warm and welcoming on a cold night and not too noisy at an early hour. Salad course was large enough for two to share and the veal dishes were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- locavoreAaronDined on 11/19/2013We love that as much of the ingredients as possible are from local farms. The chef and menu selections are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.