1068 31st St., NW
Washington, DC 20007Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piccolodc.com/
- Phone: 202-342-7414x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Arnaldo Rubio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Entertainment: Strolling violinist every Friday and Saturday evenings
Strolling guitarist Monday through Thursday, 6:30 to 10:30pm
- Special Events: We have a beautiful party room with bar for up to 70 guests, and a semi-private room upstairs with use of balcony seating for up to 30 guests. Call our Events Office at 202-289-4084 for reservations/questions/menus. Images and details are on our Private Dining page.
- Cross Street: M Street
- Public Transit: Arriving every ten minutes, from 7 a.m. to midnight everyday, the red, black, and yellow-striped Circulator bus. Get to and from Georgetown via M Street and Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. $1.
Blue Georgetown Metro Connector bus picks up from Dupont Cir & Rosslyn Metro to M Street in Georgetown. We are near the corner of 31st and M Streets.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public lot and street parking.
A word from Ristorante Piccolo
Established in 1986, Ristorante Piccolo is a romantic and unique Italian trattoria with walls of sun-blessed amber hues, full of the warm-hearted wines and food that match the spirit of Italy, loved by Washingtonians and visitors alike! It is a tiny gem just off the beaten path in Georgetown, offering one of the best seats in Georgetown—a second-floor balcony overlooking Georgetown and the historic C & O Canal, and is a very popular spot for rehearsal dinners and celebrations. Piccolo will happily surprise you with its excellent food, service, wine and atmosphere--with three cozy-lit fireplaces, 2 beautiful wall water features and unique ironwork throughout, adding to the warmth and romance of the restaurant. A strolling violinist sets the perfect mood for romantic dining on Friday and Saturday evenings, and can also be hired for that special party. Piccolo has recently won TASTE OF GEORGETOWN's Best Entree, & a Diner's Choice award from OpenTable for Most RomanticContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ristorante Piccolo - Best Restaurants in Georgetown ›
Ristorante Piccolo reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (88)neighborhood gem (67)special occasion (64)fit for foodies (32)notable wine list (25)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (14)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (10)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- MedioceFB0037FoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014I made brunch reservation having had good experience at dinner, we were seated right next to an open window which had flies swarming around us. The food was not seasoned well and was overcooked. At the very least I'm not coming back for brunch.
- Food was good, but felt very rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014This was our second time here and you could tell something was off. I'm not sure if it's because they gave into the LivingSocial and Groupon's of the world or if it's b/c it was Saturday night, but everything was rushed. After ordering a bottle of wine, the waitress told us that she preferred we order everything at once instead of relaxing over an appetizer and then ordering. We refused. Then we had to ask what the specials were and then we got the impression that we were making them go out of the way to explain them to us. In the end, I don't think we'll keep Piccolo on our list of traditional places to go to. Beyond that, the food was still good, but I'm glad that we waited the 45 minutes past our reservation time to sit on the balcony.Special Features:
- EE from SRQEEandSEDined on 9/11/2014Loved the ambiance, impeccable service and delicious food. One of the best places in Georgetown at reasonable prices, I'd go back any time.Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch-Great Valuehak3VIPDined on 9/7/2014Good choices, very moderately priced and quality above average. Recommended for informal dining and minimal hype from staff.Special Features:
- Not quite up to parRobertDined on 9/6/2014We've eaten here at least three times in the past two years and normally hold the restaurant in high regard. Something was off this night and I hope it was temporary. The food we ordered was not up to their usual high standards and the wine we wanted from their wine list was not available. The replacement wine for the same cost was mediocre at best. My wife's seafood pasta went from being accompanied by angel hair pasta to regular spaghetti and my veal scallopini was not as tasty as usual. Service was fine and there was a good crowd so perhaps it was just an unusual occurrence.
- service could have been betterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014Visits to table by waitstaff was infrequent. Was asked if I wanted grated parmigiano but never got itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodADU14Dined on 8/31/2014The service and food were great! My only complaint would be that the food came out too quickly. However, this ended up working in our favor because we wanted get out and beat the rain, since we had to walk home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerShannonDined on 8/30/2014My husband and I chose Piccolo's for our anniversary dinner and it was wonderful. I had the Lobster Ravioli and there are not enough good things to say about this dish - delish! My husband is a picky eater and the waiter was great with walking him through the menu to find the perfect dish to his liking. We both found the servings to be just the right size, not too big that we were stuffed, but not too small that we were still hungry. The price of our dinner was well within line of our expectations with appetizers, main course, desert and a bottle of wine. Honestly we cannot wait to go back.Special Features:
- quiet side streetSergioDined on 8/27/2014I was at this restaurant in the evening time so i think there is a great little romantic spot but usually in the day times i think it's more of a bustling place. But the food was delicious and prepared quite well. the chicken dish i had was like butter and the salads were quite fresh and tasty. The selection of wine at this place is quite good too. I don't know if this a evening thing at this place but it gives a personal touch to it but the owner was around and having drinks and doing a bit of a dance haha. The only thing i couldn't try at this place that I really wanted to was to dine in the balcony but being really hot outside i think i will return another timeSpecial Features:
- Little Piccolo=Big Culinary EffortsJLSCTVIPDined on 8/25/2014"Piccolo," means diminutive or small in Italian, but Ristorante Piccolo is BIG on choices & culinary efforts. Think of it as G'town's Little Italian Kitchen That Could: deliciously cheap prix-fixe lunch, brunch deals, excellent and bargain-priced 3-course "Sunset Special", (& all this in pricey Georgetown!) Balcony is charming & wait staff has always been welcoming & accommodating. GM David Shan is a delight! On previous visits we loved Tuscan tomato soup & the Bistecca a la Piccolo, which can satisfy the largest appetite. This time we enjoyed Pollo San Marsano w/ artichoke heart, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, light cream sauce & Gamberi Allegro w/ angelhair pasta, shrimp, garlic, bell peppers, peas, white wine/light cream. Che Bella Note!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat visit with friendsWineYahooVIPDined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed very good meal (agnello) with friends. Comfortable and very good service.Special Features:
- cute placeNicoleDined on 8/23/2014I didn't care for the salmon but the service was good. Nice ambiance for a dateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crowded SpaceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014The prices for this place are a bit outrageous for the portion sizes given, and the restaurant is pretty small, so when full on a Friday or Saturday night, it can get pretty cramped. The plus side is that the food actually tasted good, but I probably won't be returning without some kind of great deal anytime in the forseeable future.Special Features:
- DeliciousJTDCVIPDined on 8/20/2014I have been here many times, and have never been disappointed. Be sure to go early, as specialties and favorites DO run out (just like at all other comparably great places!)Special Features:
- PleasantGinnyDined on 8/20/2014Nice menu delicious clams appetizer and all raviolis outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante PiccoloMPNGourmetDined on 8/18/2014This restaurant on 31st NW in Georgetown just off of M St. is a great find. It's a quaint place with two floors for dining including a cozy balcony upstairs and fireplaces on the ground floor and features a large varied menu of Italian-inspired dishes incorporating some touches of classical French preparation in the sauces. Daily specials add to the choices. The service is impeccable and gratious and what one would expect to find in a restaurant with a much higher price point- as Piccolo is reasonably priced for excellent food and service. The wine list compliments the menu and offers several choices by the glass. This was my first visit, but I can assure you I will be back as there are so many delicious choices to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at PiccoloKenyaDined on 8/17/2014Although our favorite server Maya was not on duty, we were greeted by a very friendly hostess and placed with Omar-who was great! We received a very special welcome from Piccolo's great assistant manager Moh. He immediately sent over two glasses of champagne-this even before we opened the menus. The Calamari Fritti appetizer started dinner-delicious! My wife ordered the Gamberi Ameberi-fresh broiled shrimp with garlic, bell peppers, peas in white wine and light cream sauce over angelhair pasta. I had one of the dinner specials-Bistecca di Lombo-which was London broil brushed with olive oil, (YES) perfectly grilled and topped with lump crabmeat, bernaise sauce and served over mashed potatoes with arugula. Our night-5 stars! Always SUPERB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food great viewschollieDined on 8/16/2014Food was good but not the best I have had. My wife agreed. Sat on balcony on a beautiful night overlooking the action on the street below. It was our anniversary. I write that in the Open Table reservation but the restaurant didn't mention it. Ok if they don't do that type of thing, but was a bit disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great violinistErnieDined on 8/16/2014Great food, good service. Enjoyed Jim Deal, their violinist.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth a visitStycksDined on 8/10/2014Very good menu and excellent food, the service was first class, the ambience also and a very reasonable price for what we enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingluckyrenoDined on 8/6/2014The food was delicious. We had 3 pasta dishes and one chicken piccata. The service was good. She was knowledgeable and helpful in our choice selections. There was a large party of 16 with an infant that was unhappy being there so it made for a less than enjoyable meal. Overall a nice time and will return.Special Features:
- Would not go back!DisappointedDined on 8/5/2014The food was bland and overpriced and the seafood entrees were overcooked. Service was very poor. Our waiter brought out the wrong food to the two of us, and did not return to the table once to check on how everything was once the correct entrees were brought out. In addition, we ordered a bottle of wine and when we asked to have the bottle corked at the end of the meal, our waiter took out a cork from another random bottle from his apron. There are too many good restaurants in DC and I would not recommend this place to anyone.
- Very unique restaurantRedheadDined on 8/2/2014Our food was delicious. Our was just a bit snippy. Didn't pay attention to the small details of our needs. Got one of the orders wrong. Then had to wait for the right order to come out. She did offer free desserts for the wait we had for our food. Atmosphere was great. Nice restaurant....we will try again when we are back in Georgetown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely mealNomNominDCVIPDined on 8/2/2014We had another great meat at Ristorante Piccolo. I won't repeat myself re: the service and ambiance which are both great. I just want to make a specific note about the gnocchi with mushroom /cream sauce that my boyfriend had (it was a special). The gnocchi was well cooked and the mushroom cream sauce was delightful. Thank you Piccolo for another great evening.Special Features:
- FantasticTiggercrazeDined on 8/1/2014I had a great time here. The food was amazing the staff was friendly. I already recommended this place to a stranger looking for a place to eat with her friends their last night in DC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will go backSLTheFoodieDined on 7/27/2014The food was very good, but not necessarily great. The service was adequate, but not really impressive. The menu is pretty extensive and I would go back to try more dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing entreesmyreviewsDined on 7/21/2014We made a reservation for a Monday on Open Table, and good thing they did. We arrived on time and they gave us a great table in the corner of the restaurant near the window, as their patio has room for only 3-4 2-person tables, and would have taken 30 minutes to be seated there. However, the restaurant was so busy it was turning people away shortly after we arrived. On a MONDAY! Good for them. Our order was taken quickly, and the food also did not delay. I am excited to eat here again.Special Features:
- Off night?KayZeeDined on 7/21/2014There appeared to be only 2 wait staff so giving the benefit of the doubt we will write off the incredibly slow service. First course was cold. Second was bland. No bread. No wine. Horrific odor began mid meal. Some issue with the septic system. Men with buckets and mops running up and down stairs. Never going here again.
- outstandingfoodieVIPDined on 7/20/2014delicious.... always great !!! service is especially good... all food highest quality and consistently excellent,...Special Features:
- Cold mealxxxxDined on 7/19/2014I never write negative reviews on open table, but unfortunately I have to say that my meal at Ristorante Piccolo was served very late and very cold. It was almost inedible - and had been touted as one of their specialties. It is in a neat building in the heart of Georgetown - but I guess there was a reason we were able to get a reservation at the last minute.Special Features:
- Great food, disappointing serviceLunchOnMeVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my fourth visit for dinner at Ristorante Piccolo; however, I was very disappointed in the service this time. We were seated on the main level in the front area. The server was late bringing us menus, did not explain any specials or wines, and did not check on us at all. When we asked for the dessert menu, he actually said they don't have a dessert menu, which is a lie because I have been there before and seen a dessert menu. This is unfortunate because the food was delicious- we had the veal and the lamb chops as well as a pappardelle al fungi. I do not plan to visit this restaurant again anytime soon.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014We were visiting Georgetown and selected this restaurant from the ratings in Open Table and everything was exactly as stated. Great food and atmosphere. Very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Italian in GeorgetownspfriedmanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Ristorante Piccolo is not only one of my favorite Italian restaurants in Georgetown and all of D.C.; it's one of my favorite restaurants throughout Washington. It's lovely and not overpriced, great wine list, and fantastic appetizers, entrees and specials. Some nice desserts too. Plus a violinist who walks around to play for different tables!Special Features:
- Great eveningtexasgirl13Dined on 7/12/2014My daughter and I visited Ristorante Piccolo on our visit to Georgetown. We loved all the appetizers and our pasta dishes. We had a wonderful meal and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantasticjakeDined on 7/7/2014Our dining experience was great. 1st time & would definitely return & recommend. Great food & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful dining experience!MissKittyDined on 7/6/2014We tried Piccolo based on the review from Open Table. We were not disappointed. Every aspect of the evening was beyond our expectations...delicious food (the best lasagna ever!), the wait staff, and location. Will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible serviceAmifarraDined on 7/5/2014This restaurant had one of the worst waiters I've ever seen. They were not welcoming and treated us like a disease. Plus my pasta was bland and over cooked. Just terrible.Special Features:
- exellent food, great serviceScottDined on 7/5/2014Birthday dinner for my wife. All the staff were friendly and attentive. The food was terrific. We are both vegetarians and there were many dishes to choose from. Would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great even 11 years laterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/27/2014My wife and I had our first date here eleven years ago. It was good then, even better now. David the manager heard we were celebrating our five year wedding anniversary and came over and have us extra attention. To top it off the food was great and priced well. Great time and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ristorante PiccoloSpeedyDined on 6/23/2014Great food and a very friendly waitstaff that is not afraid to give you recommendations and take care of your every need. I recommend them. I will eat there again.I would recommend this to a friend.