440 Main Street
Highlands, NC 28741Neighborhood:
Highlands / Sapphire
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.paolettis.com/
- Phone: (828) 526-4906
- Hours of Operation:
Small Plates available from 4:00 PM. Every Evening
Starting May 1st, 2013.
Dinner Served from 5:00 PM till closing
at the Bar and Dining Room
Every Evening through November.
Closed January 1st-February 13th
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Paoletti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Ristorante Paoletti
Please furnish us with an e-mail address upon making a reservation at Ristorante Paoletti so that we may confirm availability. Thank you! Celebrating 29 years in Highlands, North Carolina in 2013, we invite you to enjoy fantastic regional Italian dining in an elegant, old-world atmosphere. Serving the area's largest selection of fresh coastal Seafood & Local Rainbow Trout. An array of specialties is complimented by one of the deepest wine cellars in the Southeast. Infused Spirits, Craft Cocktails & a large selection of Wines-by-the-glass from Champagne to Barolo & Cabernet are available Nightly. Our menu's printed daily Specials reflect seasonal and locally grown ingredients. Full Dinner Menu available at the Bar. Located next door to Highlands Inn and the Old Edwards Inn on Main Street in Highlands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ristorante Paoletti - Best Restaurants in Highlands / Sapphire ›
Ristorante Paoletti reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (41)special occasion (36)notable wine list (36)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (13)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- 4 Columbia SC CouplesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Great couples weekend topped off with a perfect meal at Paoletti.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabbo!valentineDined on 11/9/2014This is the best dining experience .. from the greeting to the wine to the dessert. Make a reservation as soon as you know your schedule . only 18 tables!Special Features:
- SaltydogVIPDined on 11/8/2014Unfortunately we had the worse waiter there. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurantMandineumannDined on 10/29/2014I love this place the food is beyond amazing and the service is fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthdayDined on 10/27/2014We were told to ask for Alex and we did. We were a group of 3 fraternity brothers and wives. Alex did a wonderful job with the service! Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointsCincycarolinaDined on 10/24/2014When visiting the Highlands/Cashiers area in North Carolina our trip would be incomplete without a dinner at Paoletti's. This is a small, elegant Italian food experience -- starched white tablecloths, candlelit ambience. The menu is extensive, with daily specials, and the food never disappoints. The wine list is impressive, and the sommelier is knowledgable and serves as a wonderful asset to his restaurant. I highly recommend Paoletti's.Special Features:
- PersnickityPERSNICKITYDined on 10/23/2014A little find for Highlands. Interesting Italian wine list. Varied menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Snapper and FiletWilburVIPDined on 10/22/2014We come annually as leaf lookers in the area. Paoletti is always a must on our trips. It was perfect once again. Cosmos, wine, bread, salads, snapper and filet Mignon all were excellent. The service could not be improved on at all. The wine was so good, we took advantage of their retail wine offer and took another bottle home. Make reservations as it is usually nicely busy with everyone that knows how special it is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining ExperienceRoosterDined on 10/21/2014It is not your usual Italian Restaurant, but very upscale in the menu selections, and the way the food is prepared. Excellent service, personal and professional and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- FantasticHappy2BservedDined on 10/20/2014My husband and I had a great evening at Paoletti. The meal was fabulous and the service was wonderful. We look forward to our next visit to Highlands and Paoletti.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 10/4/2014Outstanding!! Great menu variety. The seafood selections come with a variety of preparation options. Great wine selection. We make it a point to eat at Ristorante Paoletti's every time we are in the mountains of NC.Special Features:
- One of our Best Dining ExperiencesBlissDined on 10/3/2014We have been fortunate to eat at some of the best restaurants in the world and I would include Paoletti as one of them. The food was creative, flavorful and nicely presented. The service was courteous, attentive and professional. The interior and its atmosphere is similar to a well established New York Italian restaurant. But the one person above all who made the entire dining experience absolutely enjoyable was the sommelier V.J. This man knows more about wine and food and its pairing than any person I have ever met. He graciously offered to match each dish (which he selected) with one of his favorite wines. Through this V.J. exposed us to fabulous wines that were unknown to us. When you go (and you must) be sure to ask for him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentlotsoffoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014Great dinner........................................................................
- Italian Style Food and WinesDleeDined on 9/27/20141st time visiting this restaurant, only because we could not get an early reservation elsewhere. Sorry it took us 3 years to try. Wonderful. Lobster Ravioli was very delicate and not overloaded with sauce. Spinach and Veal stuffed Crepes also wonderful, with plenty left over for another meal. I do not recall what our men ate, but we were all pleased. Wine selections were easy as tasting was offered. No doubt we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerTablenotreadyDined on 9/26/2014Our 26th year of having dinner at Paoletti's around our anniversary. Food quality and service has slacked off slightly. Our server, Alex, was attentive and polite.Special Features:
- OverratedFoodieDined on 9/26/2014My filet mignon was overcooked and tough there were 4 of us and none of the food was outstanding for the price. Carrabbas serves better food.
- Highlands Golf TripStevieB52Dined on 9/17/2014Paoletti's is a never miss stop for us on every trip to Highlands. The food, service, and ambiance are always superior. Julio greeted us at the door and seated us at a wonderful table. Servers appeared quickly with drinks and bread. The specials and the explanation of several dishes by our main server were very helpful. We had salmon in a lemon butter with garlic kale. Perfectly cooked and presented. Dessert was bread pudding and tiramisu, and both were excellent. What a great night of fantastic dining.Special Features:
- BEST IN THE HIGHLANDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Paoletti's. Food and service were excellent. Paoletti's is the reason we visit the Highlands several times each year. Go, you will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in HighlandsFLFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014This Italian Restaurant is tried and true. The food and service is outstanding. We enjoy dining at Ristorante Paoletti when we are in Highlands and look forward to going back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDouglascenDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect. Great food, great service. Provided fabulous wine selections for our group. If you are in Highlands, this place is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.SenwhoDined on 8/30/2014We've eaten here several times . Other than the fabulous food the great thing about this restaurant is they kill you with great service. Everything is made to be as perfect as possible. You won't get out of there for less than about $60 per person but I have to say it is well worth it for the overall experience. It's a small place but it is always packed with nice people having a great time.Special Features:
- WinetimeDined on 8/30/2014Visited Highlands twice over a 10 day period and dined here 4 times, that says it all. Moving to the area and certain this will be our number one restaurant of choice in the area.Special Features:
- Okay But Nothing SpecialDaryleDined on 8/29/2014It is not that eating at Paoletti was a bad experience, it just was not what I expect from a high caliber restaurant. The food, while okay was not any thing special.Special Features:
- Exquisite Food But NoisyWickedWiseDined on 8/23/2014The price of their food is high, but oh is it worth it! The flavors were far superior to many of the Italian restaurants we've gone to. The only complaint was that it was very noisy. We were seated at a table that was surrounded by groups-so it was very hard to hear our own conversation. Once their food was served, the noise level went dramatically down. This is definitely a place for celebrations and to really enjoy the fine art of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food, wine list, and service are all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2knoxfoodloversDined on 8/22/2014The service and set-up is old-school Italian. The menu is more modern and the wine-list is excellent. It is a busy restaurant and is loud and crowded. We had a 9 pm reservation and had to wait a few for a table, but no only about 10 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagfinediningduoDined on 8/19/2014Very disorganized. Had reservations for 8:30 - finally seated after 9:00. The hostess seemed to have the responsibility of not only seating patrons but busing and setting up tables for the next party as well. Rack of lamb was good - the Linguine with Clam Sauce was poor. Noise level was much too loud for a fine dining restaurant - a lot of the noise due to intoxicated patrons. Our first experience (last year) was good. This year's experience killed any desire to go back.Special Features:
- Not up to parMVE1961VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been frequent visitors to Paoletti's but this occasion didn't meet expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmet ExpectationsJFB3VIPDined on 8/4/2014Strategically located in downtown Highlands. After reviewing their website, out expectations were high. Proof yet again that website pictures can fool even the most skeptical. The atmosphere was poor, food quality was fair at best and service was bordering on neurotic. Far better choices in Highlands - keeping walking past Paoletti's and go to Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- DisapointingJimmyDined on 8/1/2014Been visiting Paoletti for 20+ years and it was disapointing for several reasons which should be brought to Kevin Paoletti's attention. We were there to celebrate our daugters 40th birthday - told this to Paul our waiter twice and he never acknowledged it personally or with a mere cup cake. My daughter ordered the gnocchi special - he assured us it was made with potato and it was mushy ricotta. We sent it back. My wife ordered a pasta special featuring snow peas and it came out with green beans without being informed of the substition - and it was not good. Ryan at the bar was nice and we tasted several wines. Restaurant does not compare with LaGrotta in Atlanta or even Brio (a chain) or Pricci's (a Buckhead Life restaurant in Atlanta.
- The following 148 reviews are from the Ristorante Paoletti reviews archive.
- An Excellent ExperienceMICHBEDined on 7/26/2014Ristorante Paoletti brings together great food, an innovative (and still classic) menu with gray ambience and service. You will not regret experiencing a meal here. My wife and I always order several courses and split them all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014PAOLETTI's restaurant is, without a doubt, the favorite restaurant of my family in Highlands. The food is always beyond incredible and the service and ambience cannot be matched. We always plan on a couple of visits to PAOLETTI's while we are in the Highkands / Cashiers area. Eating at PAOLETTI's is a MUST DO for our group.Special Features:
- Surprised by how much we loved!MomwantstoeatgoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014We had a great meal here on a busy night! I was expecting a more stuffy atmosphere but was pleasantly surprised. This place has a great vibe! Bartender made us each a "green eyed girl" (fresh basil, lemon sorbet and vodka)-it was the perfect refreshing summer drink and the goat cheese appetizer was a great start to our meal. we ate really late so they were out of their famed lobster ravioli but we will have next time. And there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRUE icon of HighlandsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I always try to go there when in Highlands. The service is second to none!Special Features:
- Food as advertisedMtncitylady46Dined on 7/2/2014Our main course of Alaskan halibut was exceptional , but the duck confit salad was too heavy and should be listed under small plates. Not enough greens for a salad. I was disappointed that the restaurant was so noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad seatingGeorgiaFoodiesDined on 6/30/2014When we walked into our reservation we were sat at what could barely be called a table. The cushions in the chair were ripped, tiny table, and at front door. We were told we could have another table but had to leave in one hour. Because we booked on open table that they don't actually save us a table that call in reservations come first. We agreed to this and then we were served burnt lasagna. If you are going to pay over $100 for less than Italian and act like you are so high end that you save certain tables for certain reservations. Act like it and don't serve burnt food. The waiter should have never brought that to our table. They removed from our bill but what a horrible experience. Don't offer open table if you don't honor it.
- OutstandingRaysDined on 6/20/2014Food was marvelous and they were very accommodating about changing or dinner time. It was old world Italian in all ways especially the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but spectacular!WalkerDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant certainly deserves it's #1 TripAdvisor rating - he food was awesome. I had the Maine Lobster & Mushroom Ravioli, my husband had the Stuffed 1-1/4 Pound Maine Lobster, and we split the Arugula Salad. Our server was very helpful and close by whenever we had a need. Be sure to make a reservation early as it is a very popular place! Would definitely go back in spite of the high prices.Special Features:
- Dinner For TwobamarphDined on 5/17/2014Paoletti's is one of our favorite restaurants. My wife and I had a wonderful dinner for 2. The maître d' recommended a fantastic salad that was a nightly specials with arugula, endive, onions with a Veal Milanese,served with a vinaigrette dressing. Due to their large servings, my wife ordered only an entree of Triggerfish in olive oil and garlic. My main course I was Linguine alle Vongole. It was as good as I had in New York City. The restaurant was packed, every table full with customers waiting in the bar area. Our waiter took care of us and recommended an excellent wine to go with our entrees. The only problem, because Paoletti's is so good, is getting a table. So don't wait till the last minute to try and get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and warmCheryl513Dined on 5/2/2014We had a very nice meal on Friday night. The restaurant is very pretty and warm. The service is professional, the food is very good and the ambiance is what you'd expect in Highlands, NC (upscale, upscale, upscale). I'd go back and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant. One thing really impressed me- the owner was very much on hand- greeting guests, asking us all if we needed anything, just being a good host.Special Features: