440 Main Street
Highlands, NC 28741Neighborhood:
Highlands / Sapphire
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.paolettis.com/
- Phone: 828-526-4906
- Hours of Operation:
Small Plates available from 4:00 PM. Every Evening
Starting May 1st, 2013.
Dinner Served from 5:00 PM till closing
at the Bar and Dining Room
Every Evening through November.
Closed January 1st-February 13th
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Paoletti
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wine
A word from Ristorante Paoletti
Please furnish us with an e-mail address upon making a reservation at Ristorante Paoletti so that we may confirm availability. Thank you! Celebrating 29 years in Highlands, North Carolina in 2013, we invite you to enjoy fantastic regional Italian dining in an elegant, old-world atmosphere. Serving the area's largest selection of fresh coastal Seafood & Local Rainbow Trout. An array of specialties is complimented by one of the deepest wine cellars in the Southeast. Infused Spirits, Craft Cocktails & a large selection of Wines-by-the-glass from Champagne to Barolo & Cabernet are available Nightly. Our menu's printed daily Specials reflect seasonal and locally grown ingredients. Full Dinner Menu available at the Bar. Located next door to Highlands Inn and the Old Edwards Inn on Main Street in Highlands.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ristorante Paoletti - Best Restaurants in Highlands / Sapphire ›
Ristorante Paoletti reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (29)notable wine list (29)fit for foodies (28)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (13)good for groups (9)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Highlands Golf TripStevieB52Dined on 9/17/2014Paoletti's is a never miss stop for us on every trip to Highlands. The food, service, and ambiance are always superior. Julio greeted us at the door and seated us at a wonderful table. Servers appeared quickly with drinks and bread. The specials and the explanation of several dishes by our main server were very helpful. We had salmon in a lemon butter with garlic kale. Perfectly cooked and presented. Dessert was bread pudding and tiramisu, and both were excellent. What a great night of fantastic dining.Special Features:
- BEST IN THE HIGHLANDSOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful time at Paoletti's. Food and service were excellent. Paoletti's is the reason we visit the Highlands several times each year. Go, you will enjoy it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in HighlandsFLFoodiesDined on 9/1/2014This Italian Restaurant is tried and true. The food and service is outstanding. We enjoy dining at Ristorante Paoletti when we are in Highlands and look forward to going back on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantDouglascenDined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect. Great food, great service. Provided fabulous wine selections for our group. If you are in Highlands, this place is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always.SenwhoDined on 8/30/2014We've eaten here several times . Other than the fabulous food the great thing about this restaurant is they kill you with great service. Everything is made to be as perfect as possible. You won't get out of there for less than about $60 per person but I have to say it is well worth it for the overall experience. It's a small place but it is always packed with nice people having a great time.Special Features:
- WinetimeDined on 8/30/2014Visited Highlands twice over a 10 day period and dined here 4 times, that says it all. Moving to the area and certain this will be our number one restaurant of choice in the area.Special Features:
- Okay But Nothing SpecialDaryleDined on 8/29/2014It is not that eating at Paoletti was a bad experience, it just was not what I expect from a high caliber restaurant. The food, while okay was not any thing special.Special Features:
- Exquisite Food But NoisyWickedWiseDined on 8/23/2014The price of their food is high, but oh is it worth it! The flavors were far superior to many of the Italian restaurants we've gone to. The only complaint was that it was very noisy. We were seated at a table that was surrounded by groups-so it was very hard to hear our own conversation. Once their food was served, the noise level went dramatically down. This is definitely a place for celebrations and to really enjoy the fine art of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant never disappoints. The food, wine list, and service are all excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2knoxfoodloversDined on 8/22/2014The service and set-up is old-school Italian. The menu is more modern and the wine-list is excellent. It is a busy restaurant and is loud and crowded. We had a 9 pm reservation and had to wait a few for a table, but no only about 10 minutes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagfinediningduoDined on 8/19/2014Very disorganized. Had reservations for 8:30 - finally seated after 9:00. The hostess seemed to have the responsibility of not only seating patrons but busing and setting up tables for the next party as well. Rack of lamb was good - the Linguine with Clam Sauce was poor. Noise level was much too loud for a fine dining restaurant - a lot of the noise due to intoxicated patrons. Our first experience (last year) was good. This year's experience killed any desire to go back.Special Features:
- Not up to parMVE1961VIPDined on 8/9/2014We have been frequent visitors to Paoletti's but this occasion didn't meet expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unmet ExpectationsJFB3VIPDined on 8/4/2014Strategically located in downtown Highlands. After reviewing their website, out expectations were high. Proof yet again that website pictures can fool even the most skeptical. The atmosphere was poor, food quality was fair at best and service was bordering on neurotic. Far better choices in Highlands - keeping walking past Paoletti's and go to Wolfgangs.Special Features:
- DisapointingJimmyDined on 8/1/2014Been visiting Paoletti for 20+ years and it was disapointing for several reasons which should be brought to Kevin Paoletti's attention. We were there to celebrate our daugters 40th birthday - told this to Paul our waiter twice and he never acknowledged it personally or with a mere cup cake. My daughter ordered the gnocchi special - he assured us it was made with potato and it was mushy ricotta. We sent it back. My wife ordered a pasta special featuring snow peas and it came out with green beans without being informed of the substition - and it was not good. Ryan at the bar was nice and we tasted several wines. Restaurant does not compare with LaGrotta in Atlanta or even Brio (a chain) or Pricci's (a Buckhead Life restaurant in Atlanta.
- An Excellent ExperienceMICHBEDined on 7/26/2014Ristorante Paoletti brings together great food, an innovative (and still classic) menu with gray ambience and service. You will not regret experiencing a meal here. My wife and I always order several courses and split them all.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014PAOLETTI's restaurant is, without a doubt, the favorite restaurant of my family in Highlands. The food is always beyond incredible and the service and ambience cannot be matched. We always plan on a couple of visits to PAOLETTI's while we are in the Highkands / Cashiers area. Eating at PAOLETTI's is a MUST DO for our group.Special Features:
- Surprised by how much we loved!MomwantstoeatgoodfoodDined on 7/18/2014We had a great meal here on a busy night! I was expecting a more stuffy atmosphere but was pleasantly surprised. This place has a great vibe! Bartender made us each a "green eyed girl" (fresh basil, lemon sorbet and vodka)-it was the perfect refreshing summer drink and the goat cheese appetizer was a great start to our meal. we ate really late so they were out of their famed lobster ravioli but we will have next time. And there will definitely be a next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TRUE icon of HighlandsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014I always try to go there when in Highlands. The service is second to none!Special Features:
- Food as advertisedMtncitylady46Dined on 7/2/2014Our main course of Alaskan halibut was exceptional , but the duck confit salad was too heavy and should be listed under small plates. Not enough greens for a salad. I was disappointed that the restaurant was so noisy. It was difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad seatingGeorgiaFoodiesDined on 6/30/2014When we walked into our reservation we were sat at what could barely be called a table. The cushions in the chair were ripped, tiny table, and at front door. We were told we could have another table but had to leave in one hour. Because we booked on open table that they don't actually save us a table that call in reservations come first. We agreed to this and then we were served burnt lasagna. If you are going to pay over $100 for less than Italian and act like you are so high end that you save certain tables for certain reservations. Act like it and don't serve burnt food. The waiter should have never brought that to our table. They removed from our bill but what a horrible experience. Don't offer open table if you don't honor it.
- OutstandingRaysDined on 6/20/2014Food was marvelous and they were very accommodating about changing or dinner time. It was old world Italian in all ways especially the flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey, but spectacular!WalkerDined on 6/18/2014This restaurant certainly deserves it's #1 TripAdvisor rating - he food was awesome. I had the Maine Lobster & Mushroom Ravioli, my husband had the Stuffed 1-1/4 Pound Maine Lobster, and we split the Arugula Salad. Our server was very helpful and close by whenever we had a need. Be sure to make a reservation early as it is a very popular place! Would definitely go back in spite of the high prices.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Ristorante Paoletti reviews archive.
- Dinner For TwobamarphDined on 5/17/2014Paoletti's is one of our favorite restaurants. My wife and I had a wonderful dinner for 2. The maître d' recommended a fantastic salad that was a nightly specials with arugula, endive, onions with a Veal Milanese,served with a vinaigrette dressing. Due to their large servings, my wife ordered only an entree of Triggerfish in olive oil and garlic. My main course I was Linguine alle Vongole. It was as good as I had in New York City. The restaurant was packed, every table full with customers waiting in the bar area. Our waiter took care of us and recommended an excellent wine to go with our entrees. The only problem, because Paoletti's is so good, is getting a table. So don't wait till the last minute to try and get a table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable and warmCheryl513Dined on 5/2/2014We had a very nice meal on Friday night. The restaurant is very pretty and warm. The service is professional, the food is very good and the ambiance is what you'd expect in Highlands, NC (upscale, upscale, upscale). I'd go back and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this restaurant. One thing really impressed me- the owner was very much on hand- greeting guests, asking us all if we needed anything, just being a good host.Special Features:
- great food!mfrankVIPDined on 4/18/2014The food at this restaurant was great. They also have a very good wine list with lots of good options including good options by the glass. The service was great and the staff was really friendly. Would definitely return if we were in the area again.Special Features:
- SUPERB!!!!BestinmtnDined on 4/18/2014As always the best restaurant in Highlands!!!!!! The food never let's you down......Special Features:
- Always a pleasureHighlanderDined on 3/30/2014The wine list is excellent, the food is wonderful as it the service. We like to dine a little early as the restaurant does fill up and get lively later in the evening, making intimate conversation a bit of a challenge. But not to the point it would keep us away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant reminded meOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2014This restaurant reminded me of the restaurants in Boston's North End. Great food, lots of "noise", friendly staff. We were there for a combination anniversary and birthday, and had a great time. I now live in Concord, NC, and my only regret is that I have to drive 3.5 hours to get there again. I would recommend that anyone in the Highlands, NC area take in this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great visitHootDined on 3/22/2014This place came highly recommended from friends who frequent the area, as well as locals. We were not disappointed!Special Features:
- Great Italian food, speedy serviceHeatherVIPDined on 3/14/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants in the highlands. So many good options on the menu it is hard to choose. There was a slight mix-up amongst the waiters on coverage for our table so our order was slightly delayed but the restaurant got slammed right after we sat down so understandable. I got the eggplant app and the gorgonzola stuffed pork chop for my entrée. They were amazing! I highly recommend for anyone that loves Italian! Right across the street from Old Edwards Inn but make a reservation!Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience to Get EngagedEngagedatPaolettisDined on 12/28/2013We traveled to Highlands, NC, for the weekend where I proposed at Paoletti's this past Saturday night. The lovely hostess, manager, exceptional waitress and, particularly, the sommelier were, each of them, absolutely wonderful in their making it possible to pull off the event as a complete surprise to my fiance. I couldn't imagine a better place to propose in the entire US of A.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great romantic Italian restaurant!CherylDined on 12/27/2013My husbands lamb dish was excellent! My seafood pasta was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood to die forWayneDined on 12/26/2013Table ready when we arrived. Wine list, menus, bread and water arrived quickly. Waiter presented fresh sea food specials. Salads and meal were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServiceFloridafoodieDined on 12/24/2013We dined here twice within 4 nights over the Christmas holiday and the food and service was excellent both times. We ordered the special pastas along with grilled fresh trout and veal pizziola(sp?) We had our two 9 month old twin boys with us and the staff could not have been more accomodating. They even brought out a plate of steamed broccolini as they remembered they enjoyed it on our first visit. We look forward to reeturning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulosoTinawhoisaCharlestonianDined on 11/16/2013Great Trout and grouper along with othe fine italian dinnersSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodTopdownzoomDined on 11/7/2013Food was excellent. Eric, our waiter, was excellent. Always there when we needed something and out of site when we didn't.Special Features:
- Amazing foodRobeatsDined on 11/2/2013Our experience at this restaurant was outstanding. The food was amazing and the drinks were tasty and different. Reservations are a must and you may want to go on the early side since they tend to run out of certain things. It can also be loud at times but that shouldn't deter you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysHotrodDined on 10/27/2013This was our second time dining here and it was wonderful as before. The veal chop was outstanding and wine list very nice. . Stayed at the old Edward inn and just walked across the street !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service and food!anniversarydinersDined on 10/18/2013This restaurant had knowledgeable waitstaff and great food. Would recommend to anyone looking for authentic Italian food. Very romantic for our anniversary night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentGoldilxDined on 10/17/2013My husband and I visit the area annually on our anniversary and always eat @Paoletti's our first nite in town. We were not disappointed but they had already ran out of trout and salmon @ 5:30PM and we had to wait 30" for the Osso bucco to come out of the oven. It was flavorful when served but the portion was quite small! My husband had the Chilean sea bass which he enjoyed. Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.