W Hotel, 901 Square Victoria
Montreal, QC H2Z 1R1Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristoranteotto.com/
- Phone: 5143953180
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday to Sunday from 7 a.m. to 11.am, Lunch: Monday to Sunday from 11:30a.m. to 3 p.m. Dinner: Monday to Sunday from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Yves Lowe
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: You have come for the experience… Now let the experience come to you… BICE CATREING has maintained a reputation of creative cuisines, flawless execution and unparalleled customer service. We believe a successful event goes beyond serving culinary delights. Whether you are planning a wedding, business engagement, social affair, gala or fundraiser, from traditional favorites to inspired new creations, innovative menu planning, and the highest standards in service, we pride ourselves on making every event a success. Please contact Valerie White @ 514.240.0082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: For all groups of 20 or more, they require a guarantee by credit card and a group menu must be determined. They have a 48 hour notice for any cancellation, if not a fee will be charged to the credit card. please note that a 15 % gratuity will be added to all bills for parties of twenty or more.
- Private Party Contact: Pasquale Ruffolo 5143953180
A word from Ristorante OTTO
Ristorante OTTO is a modern Italian restaurant emphasizing in local market fresh produce. The wine list, which comprises excellent selections from Italy and California, offers the connoisseur a complete dining experience. Whether it be for breakfast, lunch or dinner, Otto's menu offers innovative choices for clients looking for a world-class experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante OTTO reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
romantic (4)fit for foodies (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food was amazing!Nang099Dined on 8/12/2014My husband and I went there on a summer weekday and it was quiet. Good service! Salmon tartar was delicious as was the osso bucco that followed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2014The food and service was great and the menu very interesting. The only negative was that we were almost the only customers in the restaurant and there was no ambience at all. I would recommend to go on a busier night like Thursday, Friday or Saturday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 58 reviews are from the Ristorante OTTO reviews archive.
- Good food!MaximeDined on 3/29/2014The food was very good, fancy italian way! Filet Mignon with its sauce and grilled spices was delicious Red Wine by the glass wasn't good (Syrah)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awsome evening !simpleetchicDined on 3/15/2014The food was great, tasty and the quantities were just perfect. The service was impecable even though we had a coupon. Waiters always made sure you had enough of everything. For a first time, we really enjoyed our evening and would definitely go back for a special occasion as the prices are very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dying out?JaypsDined on 3/1/2014The food was great no complain about that but the rest was just normal. For a Saturday night at 8:pm the place had only max 12 people which was quite surprising. Waitress forgot my entree that's ok wasn't that hungry anyways. I think the place needs a complete makeover it's time to change something that the feeling I got.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrible serviceNinnaDined on 2/1/2014I wasn't expecting much, but the food was actually quite good and tasty. But they need to do something about service. A few examples: - After waiting for 15 minutes to order a different waitress came to take our order for a second time (honest mistake) - Not bread on table... we had to ask for it after the appetizers arrived - Of course no on ever came to ask if our food was good - We had to wait for 20 minutes and ask twice for the waitress to take away our dishes once we were done. She actually took our desert orders went away and eventually came back for the plates. Note that the place was not busy at all when we went. 7 or 8 tables. I will not go back. I'm a big fan of the bar and lounge upstairs, but the restaurant is not worth it.Special Features:
- Never again....ManonVIPDined on 1/10/2014I was there with my family. The dinner went well. The food was good as well as the service. The restaurant was almost empty although it was a Friday night. The bill was over 400$ so I feel that it is unacceptable the way they treated us at the end of the meal. It was only 9:45 pm with only our table remaining. They shut music and at 10 they turned up the lights to kick us out! The check was already paid so it was a question of minutes that we would leave. When I asked them why they did that they said that there were having a staff event and that they were closing earlier! First new we had and no matter you don't kick out clients at 10 on a Friday night when the client just paid a 400$ bill! Very very disappointing!
- Great spot for business meetingsBBM2014VIPDined on 1/7/2014The service, quality, availability, space & professionalism of the staff make this place perfect for business lunch meetings and events. Thanks to all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience, excellent qualityEM1963Dined on 12/11/2013Normally not one to like going to hotel restaurants in my own city - I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. The high standard of food quality overall was the most impressive, but I was equally impressed with the personalized and thoughtful attention provide by the manager/Maitre D' who personally dropped by the t able on several occasions. Rack of lamb was outstanding and my companion deeply enjoyed the perfectly presented seated tuna. Lovely place, excellent quality food, great service, and wonderful attention from a professional Maître D' make this place a "will go again and again"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGStefanDined on 10/5/2013The whole evening at Otto was outstanding. The staff, the attentive service, the food and the wine selection made our dining experience outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait staff excellent! Marie-ChantalParislilacDined on 9/30/2013Wait staff excellent! Marie-Chantall accommodated out request to bill us 3 separately for business expenses. Professional and courteous! People in Montreal are very friendly and helpful in general!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDidiDined on 8/10/2013We had a reservation for the restaurant but since there was a private event indoors, they accommodated us on their terrace. The food (filet mignon and shrimp tempura) was excellent and the service very courteous. Because they had to sit us outside, they gave us a very good dessert place free. We appreciated the experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service, food and priceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/4/2013Reliably good. Near my office, I go when I want to be sure that the food side of lunch will be impeccable. Price is very reasonable (at lunchtime, starter and dessert are included in the price of the main course). Service is good too. Recommended.Special Features:
- Great place, but slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/28/2013The place was pretty empty when we arrived, but we waited forever to get our plates. However, the food was good, the volcanic salts were pretty unique. Great ambience overall. Recommended for lunch but don't go if you are in a rush.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great business dinnerscedro62VIPDined on 5/22/2013Quiet night which was good for business talk. Risotto was amazing. Filet was really good too. The chocolate flourless cake to die for. An incredible meal. Thank you Otto!Special Features:
- feels at home!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2013Love the food and Mr. Pascuale always make you feel at HOME!!! and thats priceless!!!Special Features:
- Good was ok but Too expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/12/2013Good was ok but Too expensive for what you get in your plate!Special Features:
- Enjoyed the food and the serviceJodiDined on 2/21/2013Enjoyed the food and the service was great. Found it a bit pricey, not for main meals but for the appetizers
- tres bon restaurant, bon service,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2013tres bon restaurant, bon service, bonne nourriture cependant la viande de mon copain etait trop cuite ce qui a donner un gout assez bizarre mais apart ca tout etait bon. restaurant très calme surtout en semaine.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant, nousOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/13/2013Excellent restaurant, nous sommes allés mangé un dimanche soir, le restaurant étais particulièrement tranquille, nous avons pris les 3 services moi et ma conjointe et nous avons très bien mangé. Les portions sont très généreuse, trop vous dirais ma conjointe. Les saveurs étaient au rendez-vous. La carte des vins est très complète et offre un vaste choix pour tout les prix. Je pourrais seulement dire que les portions pourrais être moindre et cela permettrais de reduire un peu les prix pour convenir à plus de budget. j'y retournerais sans hésité dans le futur si une occasion ce présente.Special Features:
- Schrimp tempura, tuna tartare,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/4/2013Schrimp tempura, tuna tartare, ravioli with tiger schrimp and magret de canard were good. Risotto was awful, smelly. Grilled USDA Prime New York sirloin (14oz) and Smoked beef tenderloin (filet mignon) were very disappointing. The music is very loud for a family/friend dinner.Special Features:
- Otto is a nice place. We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012Otto is a nice place. We were staying at the W and we went for dinner after a show. It doesn't have too much curb appeal and it's attached to the W hotel which made us nervous at first because hotel restaurants can be depressing but we were happily surprised. Good atmosphere, good music, comfortable chairs, and spectacular food (Tuna Tartare was to die for, seared duck was in the top 3 I've ever had), service was OK. The waitresses are all beautiful women but I would have sacrificed a bit of looks for better service. They do have a great wine list. You can get anything from reasonably priced good bottles to very expensive special bottles.Special Features:
- Resto au décor moderne, vasteRegorVIPDined on 11/2/2012Resto au décor moderne, vaste et assez vide (environ 10 personnes), carte des vins très intéressante (vins italiens souvent en importation privée). Serveuses aux robes courtes et moulantes, mais service très professionnel et courtois. Plats raffinés, service diligent, compétent. Une belle soirée.Special Features:
- Great business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/2/2012Excellent location for a working business lunch - with enough buzz to keep conversations private. Food portions are modest (but not small) and very tasty. Menu changes frequently so always interesting. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- OTTO at The W - MontrealtravelenfoodieVIPDined on 10/6/2012Love Ristorante OTTO, I never think of it as a hotel restaurant, although the W Montreal is not a typical hotel. Was a little daisappointed with the limited menu on weekend lunch, but the waiter did explain weekend has more of a brunch theme. Service excellent, food-incredible, location - fabulous. My meal : excellent, I'll be back for more !Special Features:
- The food is unbelieveable!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012The food is unbelieveable!!!!! The Risotto with Ox Tail is exceptional - I will be back just for that!Special Features:
- Best for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2012This is a reglar haunt - and perfect for a business lunch as it is close to my office - food is light modern italian, well presented and tasty.Special Features:
- Empty but amazingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/18/2012Although I was a little thrown off at how empty the restaurant was on a Saturday night at 9 pm, I was incredibly satisfied with the service and the food. The salad was unbelievably fresh and perfectly dressed. The waitstaff is very attractive and competent.Special Features:
- Discrete sophisticationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2012Great for business lunch - enough buzz for discretion, but quiet enough to talk. And, the food is great - relatively small, but very tasty portions. Simple preparation lets the flavours come through.
- Great and quiet place to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2012Great and quiet place to have business meeting and enjoy great meals.
- It's a beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2012It's a beautiful restaurant and the food was excellent. For some reason, on a Saturday night, it was extremely quiet, which detracted from the ambiance. Also, the valet wasn't in sight for a while, which was odd since it was so quiet.Special Features:
- The staff puts pressure onOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2012The staff puts pressure on the customer to eat more, buy more... I hate that. The food wasn't special... very normal and at that price, you want something more...
- restaurant was dead for aOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012restaurant was dead for a friday evening. should have just left but stuck around instead and regretted it.
- My first course (veal meatballs)TellierhDined on 12/24/2011My first course (veal meatballs) was almost a meal in itself. Then came the risotto with ossobuco which was very generous, so it was just too much food. The risotto was tasty but a bit mushy. My friend was luckier with the shrimp tempura and the spaghetti with mackerel, apparently. Our waitress was pleasant, and we discovered a nice red wine, "Hey Mambo" !Special Features:
- Needs improvement of the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2011Somewhat nice restaurant setting in the lobby of a very elegant hotel. The service however did not match the environment neither the food.
- Excellent food and friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 12/15/2011Excellent food and friendly service make this a favorite when visiting Montreal. Always consistently good. Nice ambience at night too.Special Features:
- The menu offered interrestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/26/2011The menu offered interresting options and all the meals we ordered were excellent. The service was top notch. A very good spot to celebrate a special occasion. We'll be back!Special Features:
- Impeccable. Meilleur carpaccioSophieDined on 11/16/2011Impeccable. Meilleur carpaccio de boeuf à vie! Mais service un peu froid. Logé dans un hôtel exceptionnel, le W.Special Features:
- What a terrible, terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/16/2011What a terrible, terrible service we had. They've lost a customer last friday. The food was just ok.
- Great food, will be back again!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2011Great food, great wine. Calamari and chicken to die for. If you want to have a nice chic soiree in downtown/old port of montreal. This place is for you.Special Features: