8111 Preston Road
Dallas, TX 75225Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nicoladallas.com/
- Phone: 2143791111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 11am - 5 pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5pm - 10pm Friday - Saturday 5pm - 11pm Sunday 5pm - 9pm Happy Hour: Monday - Friday 4pm - 7pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Luigi Iannuario
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: You can count on Ristorante Nicola to elevate your next gathering with its memorable, hand-made cuisine. Many of our catering menus allow guests to select their own entrees, or you can immerse yourself in La Dolce Vita and order a variety of sumptuous offerings served family style.
- Private Party Facilities: Larger Private Dining room seats 50 guests with built in flat screen television and projection screen. Smaller Private Dining Room seats 10-24 guests,and is located near the open kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Koenitzer 2143791111
A word from Ristorante Nicola
Ristorante Nicola serves authentic, hand-crafted Italian cuisine using recipes and cooking methods developed over centuries. Its sleek interior is a dreamy combination of contemporary design and timeless elements. An open kitchen lends a theatrical component to your dining experience, and two private dining rooms allow groups of 14 to 50 to entertain in the abundant manner of La Bella Italia. For great people watching and cocktails, visit the gorgeous loggia for the most glorious outdoor seating area in the Park Cities.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Nicola reviews from OpenTable diners
- TheNicola restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2012TheNicola restaurant that I had made my reservations with went out of business so was offered ability to make reservations at their other location which was not convenient to anyone in my party. I rated the above without having been at the restaurant as the site would not accept my comment unless I did so. at another location. The other location was not convenient for any of my 3 party members so I chose to go elsewhere.
- Every time I dine at Nicola'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/4/2012Every time I dine at Nicola's we thoroughly enjoy our dinner. I especially like the fact I can order a half order of the pasta for my entre which most of the time is even more than I can finish. Our waitress was very very good and knew her wines. I also like the idea that one can make a reservation and also the fact that the noise level is low. I am seriously worried that the restaurant is never very busy and especially on a Saturday night. I would hate to see this gem close.Special Features:
- I will return to this restaurantdaisyDined on 7/18/2012I will return to this restaurant because it is not so loud as many. Our group of 4 could actually have a conversation without screaming. Good place!Special Features:
- ZZZZZZZZBswdallasVIPDined on 7/5/2012Significant dip from last time, and on a Thursday night, it was quiet as a morgue.
- AWESOME UPSCALE FOODIE RESTAURANT!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/29/2012Everything about Nicola was amazing. Food, and service were perfect. I loved the selections. The ambiance is gorgeous. I hope to be back as soon as possilbe! Can't wait to try more of the menu!Special Features:
- Lovely!MoeFarmerDined on 6/28/2012Beautiful restaurant! Roasted beet salad delicious. I chose the veal as my entree and it was good- not great! A delicious cappuccino finished off our dining experience. I will return.Special Features:
- As always Nicola was wonderful.dinerDined on 6/23/2012As always Nicola was wonderful. The food and service always a treatSpecial Features:
- great spot for small groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/19/2012great spot for small group that wants to actually talk to each other and not yell over music. Parking an issue.Special Features:
- Would have been a perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/16/2012Would have been a perfect evening except for the terrible music.Special Features:
- A great choice for dinnerTXdinerVIPDined on 6/6/2012A great choice for dinner and to be able to have a conversation with the others at your table.Special Features:
- beautiful restaurant ... greatKyleDined on 5/26/2012beautiful restaurant ... great service .. only disappointment was the food didn't measure up to the ambiance and serviceSpecial Features:
- Bad attitude!davida425VIPDined on 5/19/2012Used a Daily Candy coupon this past Sat night. After looking at the menu, the value of what they offered was more like $54, not $79! Certainly not what was advertised! Also, of the 4 pastas offered, the waiter informed us that the PENNE INTEGRALI ALL’ ARRABBIATA E GRANCHIO would not come with the crab meat as shown on the menu! And, from the time we walked in, it was obvious that there was a negative attitude from the staff and especially the waiter because we were using the Daily Candy coupon. This Daily Candy deal was not enjoyable and definitely will not encourage our further business with Daily Candy or Ristorante Nicola!Special Features:
- This restaurant is consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012This restaurant is consistently excellent, and the service staff is very knowledgeable and attentive. It's always a treat to eat there.Special Features:
- Food was better than anythingDocSavageVIPDined on 5/12/2012Food was better than anything I ate in Rome. Service was excellent. Wasn't full (on a Saturday night!), but conversing was very easy.Special Features:
- A group of girlfriends wentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/10/2012A group of girlfriends went for a lunchtime celebration. We all chose an express lunch, which included small portions of an entree, soup, salad, and dessert. Along with Focaccia Nicola and some reasonably priced Prosecco, it was the perfect lunch celebration for close friends.Special Features:
- A very enjoyable evening withTXdinerVIPDined on 4/21/2012A very enjoyable evening with friends. It is low key and you can talk without having to shout across the table. Tables are far enough apart that you are not hearing everyone's conversation. It was a pleasant evening!Special Features:
- Great Food!DeborahMDined on 4/21/2012Great food and great service in a nice atmosphere. The dining room was busy but not loud. They also had some gluten free options for one of the people at our table that needed that.Special Features:
- Only my second time for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/19/2012Only my second time for lunch but i can see that many of the characteristics could apply.Special Features:
- Delicious! Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/16/2012Delicious! Excellent service. Celebrated our Wedding Anniversary- everything was perfect!Special Features:
- This is a beautiful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/26/2012This is a beautiful restaurant. It's quiet so that you can carry on a conversation. And the food is delicious.Special Features:
- A really nice Italian restaurant.TXdinerVIPDined on 3/16/2012A really nice Italian restaurant. The noise level is never overwhelming, so you can hear the conversation at your table. Staff helpful. Great food. We have had dinner here a number of times, even celebrated my husband's 65th birthday here with friends. It is always a pleasant eveing.Special Features:
- This restaurant takes careCatherineDined on 3/16/2012This restaurant takes care of the customers. Absolutely beautiful and clean.Special Features:
- Ristorante Nicola offers veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2012Ristorante Nicola offers very good food at a fairly reasonable price in a pleasant, inviting atmosphere. It is getting harder to find that combination in Dallas these days.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent service,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/8/2012Great food, excellent service, and fantastic atmosphere! Proposed to my future wife-to-be, and they accommodated fully, and went the extra mile to help me accomplishe that! Definitely would go back again,a recommend anyone who loves great food, and looking for a excellent experience! Everything is made in-house, nothing pre-made, or pre-packaged!Special Features:
- Always a pleasure at Nicola!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/2/2012Don't let the beauty of this remarkably attractive restaurant distract you from how well they do with what's on the plate. On my third visit recently, I had the New York strip and found it absolutely delicious -- and Nicola is not a steakhouse; Italian fare is the specialty! This is another sign of the quality that comes out of the kitchen here.Special Features:
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/27/2012I loved the decor....peach belini's were so smooth&the martini with ginger smelled so good I almost didn't want to drink it just to save it. The food was amazing and the general manager is a sweetie pie. The service was wonderful. :)Special Features:
- We had a table for 5and couldOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012We had a table for 5and could actually hear one another talk! The food is excellent and the decor is rich. I would highly recommend Nicola's to anyone.Special Features:
- Good but not outstanding...OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/25/2012We have our favorite Italian restaurants that we frequent in both Dallas and Ft Worth. We decided to try something different and were pleased with Ristorante Nicola. It was a quiet night at the restaurant but the service and food was very good. I don't think it made our "go to" list but I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.
- Very nice for a small departmentalRuckerDined on 2/24/2012Very nice for a small departmental lunch gatheringSpecial Features:
- Great location, great atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2012Great location, great atmosphere, good food and above all spacious, very comfortable and wonderfully quiet.Special Features:
- Great food; disappointing nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Made a reservation for Valentine's Day and took advantage of the prix fixe menu. Ambiance was great, live music playing in the background. For some reason, although we had an early table and the restaurant wasn't yet busy, the waitress seemed determined to get us out in 30 minutes or less. Glasses of wine arrived back to back, with no time to enjoy them, and she tried to take away our uneaten salad almost immediately after service. After the entree arrived she tried repeatedly to take our plates while we ate--after the third try my frustration was visible. She actually rolled her eyes when I said "we're eating, thank you!" Must have been a bad night, it's hard to imagine a place like Nicola's intentionally employing this type of service.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere for lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Nice atmosphere for lunch. Never crowded at lunch in spite of the prime location. They have a great lunch combo that includes Tea, soup, entre, salad, and dessert. Good value for the ambiance, for sure.Special Features:
- The restaurant and the foodBillDined on 2/7/2012The restaurant and the food met our expectations and we enjoyed the evening. The service was attentive and friendly. We will return and try some of the other menu items that looked interesting.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceLeslieDined on 2/4/2012Excellent food and service in a beautiful dining room.
- beautiful setting - wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2012beautiful setting - wonderful place to meet friendsSpecial Features:
- This was our second visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/29/2012This was our second visit. Several years ago we had an awesome first time visit here, not only because the food was wonderful, but we had THE best waiter, Sam. All of his recommendations were spot-on. We asked for him again this time and fortunately he was available. Everything was wonderful, and if you don't know what to order, let him guide you.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/27/2012Excellent food and wonderful service. The manager came to the table and greeted us by name (always scores big points in my book). From the first bite of the focaccia bread to the last bite of the chocolate dessert, everything we had was delicious.Special Features:
- Food was excellent; spaciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2012Food was excellent; spacious seating; beautiful space.
- We were one of five tables,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/14/2012We were one of five tables, forgot our wine order and brought out entres before ordered salads. Gave us a free dessert to try to make up for it. Food was very good, and I could forgive mistakes on a busy night but not when there are more staff than customers.Special Features:
- Food quality excellent. Ambiance525252VIPDined on 1/13/2012Food quality excellent. Ambiance very good to excellent. Service sketchy.