1201 S. Joyce Street, C4
Arlington, VA 22201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.muraliva.com/
- Phone: (703) 415-0411
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 10:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 10:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis Antonio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ristorante Murali offers set menus for catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining room wil hold from 50 to 160 people.
- Private Party Contact: Riyad Bouizar 7034150411
A word from Ristorante Murali
From Venice to Pentagon Row in Arlington, Virginia, Ristorante Murali gives you the opportunity to experience fine traditional and modern Italian cuisine in a Venetian setting with rooms depicting murals from the canals of Venice and hung with exquisite Murano glass chandeliers. Conveniently located minutes from Washington DC and close to Maryland. Metro accessible with a large parking facility. Pentagon Row offers seasonal entertainment from ice skating in the winter to live concerts in the summer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Murali reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)fit for foodies (5)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)special occasion (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- LindaVIPDined on 10/31/2014Nice neighborhood restaurant with moderate prices and good food.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulSouthernLadyVIPDined on 10/10/2014I loved eating here when my company had an apartment in the area, but I hadn't been here in about 2 years. When we walked in, the man who greeted us remembered us & was really happy to see us again. The gnocchi, which was my favorite thing on the menu, changed a bit but was still absolutely wonderful. The spinach ravioli was as great as I remembered. I will be back when I'm back in DC soon, & I'll recommend it to anyone who asks.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceDiningoutDined on 10/4/2014I went here because I saw they have pumpkin ravioli on their menu, and that is one of my favorite dishes. However, the whole experience was underwhelming. The server lacked personality, the pumpkin ravioli had a very (too) subtle flavor and didn't taste very pumpkin-y. My husband's pizza was average. My glass of wine was the worst Riesling I've ever had. I am pretty sure it wasn't Riesling and that the server may have poured Chardonnay. My husband ordered a Sam Summer Ale, but he received a regular Sam Adams after he even verified that they still had Sam Summer on tap. I had really been hoping that this was going to be a restaurant we would love, but unfortunately I don't think we will be returning.
- Great restaurantFoodie1503Dined on 9/19/2014The food is excellent and the outdoor dining area is a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good serviceAnonymousVIPDined on 8/27/2014I've been to Ristorante Murali before as I live across the street. I went for lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday with her 2 little girls. The server was very nice and patient and very good with the kids. He treated them very well which was nice. The food was pretty good too. We ordered a lasagna for the girls and the server cut it into 4 pieces for us (the girls could only eat a quarter of the generous portion). The chicken marsala was good too and it came with penne. The lunch special (pork tenderloin I think) came with fettucine alfredo and vegetables. Pretty good sized portions. The calamari was good too and came with 2 dipping sauces. We thoroughly enjoyed our lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but the service too slowpancakeVIPDined on 8/6/2014Food was good, but the service was painfully slow. There is only one server who knows what he is doing. The hostess cannot do anything else than showing us to our table, and the manager, who must have seen the slowness of the service, did not make ANY effort to help the waiter who was literally running around to serve every table in the restaurants. At the good restaurants I have been to, if there is shortage in staff, I have seen other floor staff, including managers themselves, help clean out the table, taking orders, etc. Clearly, that is not the case at this restaurant. I would go back there for meals if I have plenty of time for a leisurely meal, but not for business lunch, or when I have any time constraints.
- Food so-sorenataspixDined on 8/5/2014I've eaten here before and loved it. Must have been an off-night. Portions were small and the quality wasn't up to par.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed!DisappointedDined on 7/27/2014After reading all of the excellent reviews, I decided to reserve a table at Ristorante Murali on the first night of our D.C. trip. Well...when walking in, we noticed that the place was very quiet. There was an outisde area to sit but since it was very hot on this particular day, we opted to sit inside. The inside was just as HOT as the outside..not sure if the air conditioning was broken but a restaurant should not be uncomfortable to eat in. The service was good, attentive and catered to our requests..why not, there were only two other tables inside the place! Food was downright BAD. Chicken Marsala had limp, old mushrooms and was very greasy as well as the broiled Salmon. If you are looking for somewhere with quality food,not your place!Special Features:
- The following 194 reviews are from the Ristorante Murali reviews archive.
- What a great find!FoodLover1031Dined on 7/19/2014My finance and I LOVED this restaurant! The mussels appetizer was outstanding - though it could have come with some Italian bread. We had the table bread so were able to lap up the delicious tomato/wine/garlic broth. The wait staff was extremely accommodating and pleasant. They were often around to make sure we had everything we needed, but didn't hover or try to rush us through (we ended up staying 4 hours for dinner!) The wine selection was great and both our main dishes (Linguine Pescatore and Crabmeat Ravioli) were outstanding! I definitely recommend any dish that has the spicy marinara sauce! It's not too thick, it's not runny, it's just got amazing flavor! Perfect place for a date night - We'll definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Dined on a weekend evening. Food was VERY good. Best chicken piccatta I have ever had. Fetticini alfredo was good too. Desserts were terrific. Service was a little slow even though it was not very crowded. Not easy to find either...kind of in the middle of the mall in a courtyard. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014food was very good and the waiter terrific ordered veal Marsala which was not on the menu and they accommodated close to our meeting would go again next time in DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TutuDined on 6/9/2014I have always enjoyed this restaurant over the years and introduced this gem to colleagues.Special Features:
- Nice food, great serviceFoodwiseVIPDined on 5/25/2014the food here is always tasty and full of flavor. The desserts are great as well. Tiramisu is one of my favorites and they seem to have a really good one! We will return for sure.Special Features:
- Nice quiet Italian restaurant...BelphaniorDined on 5/8/2014...in the middle of the chaos that is Pentagon Row. We went for an early dinner to wait out Friday evening rush hour. The place was pretty much empty except for a gentleman at the bar and some ladies wrapping up a happy hour at a corner table. The dining area near the bar has large windows to view the hustle of people doing their thing. The food and service were perfect. We could have a quiet conversation without having to compete with typical happy hour madness. Prices are typical for the area. It was a great way to begin unwinding after a long week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014Great experience, friendly service and great food.Special Features:
- Excellent for business or casualdeanieDined on 4/11/2014Good ambience to hold a conversation. Very much enjoyed the crabmeat ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italiano!!Ski4Dined on 4/9/2014Excellent service, menu choices and food quality. Close to Ritz Carlton Pentagon City ... a repeat is definite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The staff was a bit snooty.maroonhooDined on 4/5/2014The staff was a bit snooty. I frequently fine at upscale restaurants, and this place was like a caricature of an upscale dining experience, upturned noses and all.
- Choices! Choices! Choices!InMyOpinionDined on 3/14/2014We were introduced to the $19.95 3-course pre-fixe! Very nice and there are multiple selections. I chose: White-bean soup, spaghetti and meatballs, and tiramasu. The soup was perfectly seasoned...no need for salt...ground pepper set it off just right . The meatballs were seasoned just right. I'm not much a coffee person; but, dig tiramasu. It wasn't overwhelming, light and fluffy. The entire meal was awesome! Not gonna find a meal choices like this for $19.95. One negative: Restaurant is helpless. There some construction going on and you have to walk under some scaffolding. Positives: You can watch people ice skate, DSW and Bed Bath & Beyond as well as other popular stores are close by. Short walk from Pentagon City Metro station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerJackie3Dined on 3/1/2014Comfortable dining place not to many ppl there. Its nice for a date night dinner or with a group of friends. You'll be able to talk and hear each other fine. The table was split the food and wines were affordable. Everyone seems to like what they had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs maturityJKB0157VIPDined on 2/14/2014Lacks the maturity of the restaurants in the area, the menu looks great on paper but doesn't deliver. The lobster bisque tastes like it came from a can and the tuna entree is really a salad, the menu wasn't clear. The decor was appealing to the eye but the noise level and the TV's in the front of the restaurant converts the place into a sports bar atmosphere but conducive for a conversation over dinner.
- Make you feel like familymaryVIPDined on 2/14/2014The staff at Restaurant Murali is always top notch. They remember you from previous visits and always make you feel welcome. The food is delicious, too. Try the grilled calamari!Special Features:
- Good food/bad serviceNicoleDined on 2/14/2014The food was overall pretty good. Service was terrible. We waited about 45 minutes for our entrees and the server was not friendly at all. The serving and bussing staff dropped/shattered/spilled about 5 different things during our dinner, which was super distracting. The young lady who was bussing our table seemed to be more attentive than our server. We tried tipping her separately, but she wouldn't accept.Special Features:
- pleasantRichardCheeseDined on 2/14/2014I took a girl there for valentines day and we both had a good time. I had never heard of it prior to but chose it last minute on open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food for dinnerUnhappyDinerVIPDined on 2/5/2014Had great, attentive service here when I went to dinner with a friend. Food is pretty decent, but does not feel as authentic as other Italian restaurants. However, the staff's friendliness and quick service more than make up for this. If you're in the mood for Italian in Pentagon City...this place is a good bet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, great menu, greatcrystalregularsDined on 1/30/2014Great place, great menu, great food, great presentation, great wine, great service, great price. Always! We probably eat dinner here once a month, frequently with business associates, have probably tried everything on the menu at least once, and have never had a bad experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place for a casual mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/29/2014Murali was pretty average. We checked the menu ahead of time and had our minds set on the lamb shanks, but they didn't have them because of a party the previous night. The chairs are a little outdated and they use the same napkins that people may have blown their noses in for the bread basket. The ministrone soup wasn't bad at all. The food was alright, wish it was a little hotter in temperature since we were the only ones there, especially the veggies. No wow factor here, but it also wasn't terrible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was disappointed with theGuestDined on 1/13/2014I was disappointed with the food- not very good at all!
- great placeJeanneDined on 1/11/2014This was a great restaurant that we stumbled upon, the food was excellent and the service was really good. we would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- food qualitymakride2525Dined on 11/29/2013Food was solid well cooked and flavored. I went with chicken marsala. The pricing was right in line with the entire quality of food and enviornment. I would recommend it for date night or small party of 4 or less. Good location around things to see afterwards.
- very pleasantcharlieDined on 11/19/2013great service, good food,pleasant experience, you won't write home about this place, but it is a very good value for the area.
- Always a Favorite spotLike2eatoutDined on 10/16/2013Murali's is a favorite spot of ours to meet friends who live in Rosslyn or DC area, and for just my husband and me when we are in the area. The servers are welcoming and attentive and helpful with recommendations if anyone is undecided. Every pasta dish we have tried has been delicious as have their pizzas. We have never had their yummy looking dessert s because we are always too full. I particularly like the mushroom ravioli, and next the pumpkin ravioli. It is so rich that I always have enough leftover for lunch the next day! On this visit, my friend had a large salad topped with grilled shrimp. She was delighted. The shrimp was grilled just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining in near NoVA suburbsDebraLeeDined on 10/16/2013My husband and I hosted 3 college students for dinner. The pasta and sea bass dinners were excellent. Easily accessible by subway; just walk through the Pentagon City mall food court to Pentagon Row. Murali is just off the plaza near the ice skating rink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, and great ambianceDCEaterVIPDined on 10/14/2013I enjoyed dining at this restaurant! I came with a friend for lunch, and it was mostly empty. There is a good selection in the menu. The service was also great. I would consider dining here again!Special Features:
- First DC area experienceJdeereDined on 10/11/2013This place is a gem! We had a very friendly staff the whole evening there. The drinks at the bar were excellent. There was a varied menu and we were very happy with our dinners. We were ready to go back another nite for dinner but got side tracked. Would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:
- This is a restaurant thatOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/18/2013This is a restaurant that we return to several times over the year. It is always dependable food and service. We thought the grilled calamari appetizer, which we always look forward to, might have had less calamari this time. I had their garden pizza for the first time and I recommend it! Good thin crust with a very nice sauce. The chicken piccata was also quite nice.Special Features:
- Chicken parmesean cravingROMANTICVIPDined on 8/9/2013So I craved chicken parmesean for a entire week. They had it, I ordered it. It was super fabulous, and fulfilled my craving.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this place!JillVIPDined on 7/23/2013I've been going to Murali for many years now, and have even hosted a few parties there. The food and service has always been impeccable. The dining room is lovely, but patio dining is great there too. My only wish is that they would have a happy hour!Special Features:
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2013Ristorante Murali is one that has never let me down. I have eaten there several times and have never ever been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wait... you want to eat?OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/16/2013Went there with reservations for brunch on Father's day. After waiting for 30 minutes - with no one else in the restaurant, we got tired of not having menus, water, cutlery and finally left. Had a great brunch at the Lebanese Taverna instead.