1167 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantemorini.com/
- Phone: 2122490444x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm -9:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 2:30-5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael White
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Morini
Ristorante Morini celebrates Italian cuisine by offering regional specialties, showcasing Chef Michael White’s modern interpretations of traditional dishes. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed by a lively first floor dining room, featuring a stunning backlit bar. The bar at Ristorante Morini features seasonally crafted cocktails along with a full menu. Ristorante Morini takes reservations 30 days in advance and by phone for the first floor dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Morini reviews from OpenTable diners
189 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (108)special occasion (93)neighborhood gem (91)great for lunch (55)notable wine list (54)romantic (50)good for groups (30)hot spot (22)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- way over priced!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/28/2014Food was good as always but it is way way over priced! Simple salad and pasta meal for 4 for $400!!!Special Features:
- DonFistclassguyDined on 9/27/2014Second time at this relatively new restaurant. It is a special place. Everything about it is perfect. iSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No love in the foodBeanerVIPDined on 9/26/2014We were really looking forward to trying Morini because its in our neighborhood. The service is Outstanding, the menu fine (except the calamari salad with buratta cheese is a big mistake) but what struck my husband and me is there was NO LOVE in the food. You could taste that it was just slapped together, robotically. Very uninspired first and main courses - we had the calamari, beef carpaccio, poached halibut and cod. The saving grace was the chocolate bomba dessert. Unfortunately, we will not be going back - not worth it.
- fantasticdutchesDined on 9/25/2014great food - what a treat in an area where there are not many great restaurants.Special Features:
- Best bet for a special eveningHipdeliciousItaliangemVIPDined on 9/24/2014Gorgeous contemporary Italian design pairs with delicious Italian cuisine beautiful festive crowd makes it a great party you won't mind paying for... The bill will be high but so will your spirits be leaving this great new addition to the neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a difference a change makesJustUs2VIPDined on 9/23/2014Our return visit but not our last - this time the dining room was fuller and the noise level higher but the table placement made it work and we could hear our table mates. the food was extraordinary - innovative yet familiar - as was the wine Thanks againSpecial Features:
- Elegant ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/23/2014Recent addition to the Upper East Side, this restaurant combines first rate service with a good menu and a superb wine list. The dishes re well diversified between antipasto, pasta, meats and fish. The cooking is perfectly done. Service even goes beyond the normal high end as they will deliver reading glasses to you. Modern, spare decor lends a elegant chic to the atmosphere. I only wish the portions were bigger so I could eat more of the meal.Special Features:
- Good restaurant but expensiveMic58Dined on 9/20/2014The design is great, the service very good. We enjoyed the food but felt it was over pricedSpecial Features:
- Versatile and always deliciousLewisVIPDined on 9/19/2014The food has consistently been fantastic. Recently I had a risoto which was both simple and mind blowing. Additionally, this place is great for romantic date, business dinner, and brunch with a child. I've done all three here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood Gem!diniVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Altamarea group does it again with this warm, friendly Upper East Sider that gets its fish just right! The branzino and arctic char are sublime. The service is most friendly and accommodating, and the ambiance is very inviting. It's a bit pricey, but this IS the UES, after all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An elevated dining experience..,VaBreezeDined on 9/12/2014We arrived on time, and were pleasantly greeted & seated immediately. The spirit of the Friday evening crowd around the bar there was festive. We were guided to cosmopolitanly elegant dining room. The wait staff and sommelier were informative and helpful! The wine glass was recharged by our observant waiter, Guillermo. The tuna appetizer was beautifully presented, and freshly prepared. My seafood pasta was well seasoned and my wife's risotto disappeared completely - her compliment to the chef. The iced watermelon, yogurt dessert refreshing and delicious for me, not so much for her. This is a high level dining experience, and excellent for those who can afford it. Dinner for two, with wine = $250, easy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/12/2014We dined with good friends from San Francisco, who had suffered through two nights off ordinary restaurants with other New York friends. This was the perfect antidote. All four of us ordered differently and dined happily. Ristorante Morini is not our "everyday" choice, Arturo's (East 85th and York) at the other end of East 86th is, because Ristorante Morini is understandably pricey, but definitely worth it !!!Special Features:
- That Space AgainJustUs2VIPDined on 9/8/2014Have not been to the site of this restaurant for several years but this is the best resurrection ever. THe space is done perfectly - the staff interested and helpful - and the food is exemplary. Will have to go back a couple of times and then have an informed opinionSpecial Features:
- simple, elegant, deliciousHugodoggieVIPDined on 9/8/2014I am so happy Ristorante Morini is in the neighborhood. The best risotto I have ever had. Kind, welcoming service. Interesting menu. Not inexpensive though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prices are astronomicalDionisVIPDined on 9/7/2014Great local place but the prices are astronomical. Food is comparable or perhaps even better at Giovanni, around the corner, for at least 25% less. Pastas are close to $30 and most entrees are in the mid-$40s. Perpare to pay at least $250 for a drink, starter, entree and a glass of wine.Special Features:
- Great Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/3/2014Everything we ate was perfectly cooked, the staff was attentive and the Maitre d was great. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lolaDined on 9/3/2014Very prompt and gracious service. At lunchtime, there are very few tables filled, except during restaurant week when it is difficult to book a table. I have not been there yet for dinner but I have been there 8-10 times for lunch. It is a great spot for business lunches or social lunches. The woman who was serving us overheard that it was someone's birthday and delivered a delicious small strawberry shortcake to her. That is truly remarkable service! And the food is delicious.Special Features:
- Ain't no Marea!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/31/2014Food was good but uninspiring. Atmosphere was cold and stark.Service was robotic and inattentive ( the captains only concern was asking if I needed change for bill?!)I would not return nor would I recommend
- Very disappointed in the foodKate47Dined on 8/30/2014I was really disappointed in the food at Ristorante Morini. We were there on a Saturday night, when one would think that the chef would be on his game. The roasted peaches on my salad were ice cold and tasteless -- they must have been roasted hours before and stored in the refrigerator. The greens were drowning in a very ordinary salad dressing. The paccheri was the best thing I had (and my husband's pasta with ragu was tasty). The lamb chops were awful -- both the meat itself, and the green sauce slathered on top. I took one bite and stopped eating, and none of the staff seemed to notice. My son's chicken was dry and tasteless, and my husband's branzino was very ordinary. We live in the neighborhood, and we will not be going back.
- A great eveningLucky2eatthereDined on 8/29/2014Ambience was nice and elegant. Food and service were excellent from start to finish. Birthday dinner for my wife and they could not have made it nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saltycarolef2VIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service. Congenial staff. Beautiful food was ruined with heavy-handed salting.
- Very Nice LunchSkaldDined on 8/22/2014I was greeted by a very agreeable hostess and shown to our table. My guest had arrived and was seated. The restaurant is very attractively decorated in soft tones with interesting and attractive light fixtures. The window treatment filters the light nicely. The menu was varied and list of wine by the glass satisfied easily. The lunch (appetizer, main course, and dessert) was well presented and excellent. The portions appropriate. The service was friendly without being overly so and attentive. We lingered over coffee. Although there were six or seven tables occupied when we readied to leave, I simply raised my finger, was seen immediately, and the check delivered. Such is not always the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite NYC restaurantKDDinerDined on 8/19/2014Every aspect of my experience at Ristorante Morini was remarkable from the time I walked through the door until we left at about 10 pm. Gourmet dining and friendly exquisite service. A special occasion made extraordinary by this Altamarea dining experience.Special Features:
- I like Morini...serivce improvingDonatellaDined on 8/19/2014I think Morini is very good in terms of food. The service has improved although I reserve judgement until after the slow season summer. Previously, their service was awful. We live around the corner and no matter how many times we went, they treated us like strangers. This restaurant needs to treat the locals well in order to thrive. As well, i think the menu needs to be expanded in order to attract more frequent visits.Special Features:
- Inventive cuisinePianogirl7VIPDined on 8/19/2014Do not miss the raw fish starters! Main course portions are large enough to share .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UES gemrwallyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Finally a GREAT restaurant on the UES and worth the trip uptown for out of townersSpecial Features:
- DisgustingNicolemsivVIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant has the same prices and reviews as cafe boulud so I assumed it would be on a similar level. However, when a member our table of five ordered arctic char and a pan seared piece of salmon was brought to him, it was evident we were in an establishment where prices were not an indicator of quality. the seafood was overcooked-- to the point of mealy. the lobster was overcooked (rubber). no dish was creative. too much sauce on everything-- including an omelet. also portions were huge... and no amuse bouche. thank god though because the food was poor quality, not fresh and definitely not italian.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Been to the restaurant for dinner twice now and it was excellent both times.Special Features:
- Top NotchHenriDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant week lunch was very generous and enjoyable. Top notch, formal and polite service. A winner as a modern italian restaurant.Special Features:
- MIXEDDisappointedVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was very off and the servers seemed diffident and bored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014Very enjoyable for Restaurant Week lunch -- some elegantly presented and perfectly prepared food (e.g., the delicately flavored poached cod) and gracious and unobtrusively attentive service. As for the decor, some of it, like the chandeliers and the patterns on the ground-floor bar walls wouldn't have been my choice but it detracts from the restaurant's other qualities much less than suggested by the NYT restaurant reviewer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very beautifulMy2CentsDined on 8/9/2014The decor is very beautiful. The hostesses were extremely friendly and we were seated quickly (we had a reservation). The time between ordering and receiving the food was very short. You could hear a pin drop in the restaurant; it was very quiet - definitely not suitable for children. I had a non-alcoholic drink called Fragola, which was fantastic! For dinner I had the Tortelloni - not the best torelloni I've ever had, but it was good. I would definitely dine here again, and recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 8/9/2014Loved the food, we tasted appetizers, salads, entrees, sides and desserts and they were all excellent. The halibut was melt in your mouth delicious and my husband loved the veal chop. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- DeborahDined on 8/8/2014ok- but it is NY and there are better choices nearby-
- JunoonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very good and attentive service this time. The food was great too...!!! It was a fun experience over a restaurant week.Special Features:
- UES GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014We were sorry we waited 8 months to dine at this "new" Althamarea Gem in the Upper East Side! The cod was superbly cooked in a delicious broth, ditto rock shrimp with macaroni in pesto. Other dishes were also delicious. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good value for lunchfeinschmeckerDined on 8/6/2014Air conditioning under the vent too cold when blowingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuBellaDined on 8/4/2014The food and wine were fine.The choices for restaurant week were good. Iwas pleased to see the decor for the first time. The chandleer's were fine... not objectionable as reviewed. the decor airy and plesant. The regular menu is on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come onMshapsVIPDined on 8/2/2014There are a lot of VERY good places to eat on the upper east side. This happens to be one of them. I must say the food was very good. The catch is that the wine and cocktails are so over priced, its not worth getting a drink. The food is so over priced, its not worth ordering. Just dont bother unless you want to pau +$150 for 2ppl food alone....
- joiseychowhoundVIPDined on 8/2/2014Overly complicated Italian food not especially well executed. Front staff inefficient, clumsy, badly trained and equipped with serious attitude problems. Room is very elegant (not, however, matched by the customers who seem to dress as if they were eating at a diner) and food prices are elevated to match. Wine list is very good and well priced but the wine service was inept and slow. Overall, there are better Italian restaurants within a few blocks' walk.Special Features: