1167 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10020Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantemorini.com/
- Phone: 2122490444x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 5:00pm -9:30pm
Monday - Sunday: 2:30-5:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael White
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Morini
Ristorante Morini celebrates Italian cuisine by offering regional specialties, showcasing Chef Michael White’s modern interpretations of traditional dishes. Upon arrival, guests are welcomed by a lively first floor dining room, featuring a stunning backlit bar. The bar at Ristorante Morini features seasonally crafted cocktails along with a full menu. Ristorante Morini takes reservations 30 days in advance and by phone for the first floor dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Morini reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (112)special occasion (105)neighborhood gem (94)notable wine list (64)romantic (63)great for lunch (55)good for groups (24)hot spot (23)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- A great eveningLucky2eatthereDined on 8/29/2014Ambience was nice and elegant. Food and service were excellent from start to finish. Birthday dinner for my wife and they could not have made it nicerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saltycarolef2VIPDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service. Congenial staff. Beautiful food was ruined with heavy-handed salting.
- Very Nice LunchSkaldDined on 8/22/2014I was greeted by a very agreeable hostess and shown to our table. My guest had arrived and was seated. The restaurant is very attractively decorated in soft tones with interesting and attractive light fixtures. The window treatment filters the light nicely. The menu was varied and list of wine by the glass satisfied easily. The lunch (appetizer, main course, and dessert) was well presented and excellent. The portions appropriate. The service was friendly without being overly so and attentive. We lingered over coffee. Although there were six or seven tables occupied when we readied to leave, I simply raised my finger, was seen immediately, and the check delivered. Such is not always the case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite NYC restaurantKDDinerDined on 8/19/2014Every aspect of my experience at Ristorante Morini was remarkable from the time I walked through the door until we left at about 10 pm. Gourmet dining and friendly exquisite service. A special occasion made extraordinary by this Altamarea dining experience.Special Features:
- I like Morini...serivce improvingDonatellaDined on 8/19/2014I think Morini is very good in terms of food. The service has improved although I reserve judgement until after the slow season summer. Previously, their service was awful. We live around the corner and no matter how many times we went, they treated us like strangers. This restaurant needs to treat the locals well in order to thrive. As well, i think the menu needs to be expanded in order to attract more frequent visits.Special Features:
- Inventive cuisinePianogirl7VIPDined on 8/19/2014Do not miss the raw fish starters! Main course portions are large enough to share .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UES gemrwallyVIPDined on 8/19/2014Finally a GREAT restaurant on the UES and worth the trip uptown for out of townersSpecial Features:
- DisgustingNicolemsivVIPDined on 8/17/2014This restaurant has the same prices and reviews as cafe boulud so I assumed it would be on a similar level. However, when a member our table of five ordered arctic char and a pan seared piece of salmon was brought to him, it was evident we were in an establishment where prices were not an indicator of quality. the seafood was overcooked-- to the point of mealy. the lobster was overcooked (rubber). no dish was creative. too much sauce on everything-- including an omelet. also portions were huge... and no amuse bouche. thank god though because the food was poor quality, not fresh and definitely not italian.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Been to the restaurant for dinner twice now and it was excellent both times.Special Features:
- Top NotchHenriDined on 8/15/2014Restaurant week lunch was very generous and enjoyable. Top notch, formal and polite service. A winner as a modern italian restaurant.Special Features:
- MIXEDDisappointedVIPDined on 8/15/2014The service was very off and the servers seemed diffident and bored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/14/2014Very enjoyable for Restaurant Week lunch -- some elegantly presented and perfectly prepared food (e.g., the delicately flavored poached cod) and gracious and unobtrusively attentive service. As for the decor, some of it, like the chandeliers and the patterns on the ground-floor bar walls wouldn't have been my choice but it detracts from the restaurant's other qualities much less than suggested by the NYT restaurant reviewer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very beautifulMy2CentsDined on 8/9/2014The decor is very beautiful. The hostesses were extremely friendly and we were seated quickly (we had a reservation). The time between ordering and receiving the food was very short. You could hear a pin drop in the restaurant; it was very quiet - definitely not suitable for children. I had a non-alcoholic drink called Fragola, which was fantastic! For dinner I had the Tortelloni - not the best torelloni I've ever had, but it was good. I would definitely dine here again, and recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdayDined on 8/9/2014Loved the food, we tasted appetizers, salads, entrees, sides and desserts and they were all excellent. The halibut was melt in your mouth delicious and my husband loved the veal chop. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014ok- but it is NY and there are better choices nearby-
- JunoonVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very good and attentive service this time. The food was great too...!!! It was a fun experience over a restaurant week.Special Features:
- UES GemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/7/2014We were sorry we waited 8 months to dine at this "new" Althamarea Gem in the Upper East Side! The cod was superbly cooked in a delicious broth, ditto rock shrimp with macaroni in pesto. Other dishes were also delicious. We can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good value for lunchfeinschmeckerDined on 8/6/2014Air conditioning under the vent too cold when blowingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week menuBellaDined on 8/4/2014The food and wine were fine.The choices for restaurant week were good. Iwas pleased to see the decor for the first time. The chandleer's were fine... not objectionable as reviewed. the decor airy and plesant. The regular menu is on the expensive side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come onMshapsVIPDined on 8/2/2014There are a lot of VERY good places to eat on the upper east side. This happens to be one of them. I must say the food was very good. The catch is that the wine and cocktails are so over priced, its not worth getting a drink. The food is so over priced, its not worth ordering. Just dont bother unless you want to pau +$150 for 2ppl food alone....
- joiseychowhoundVIPDined on 8/2/2014Overly complicated Italian food not especially well executed. Front staff inefficient, clumsy, badly trained and equipped with serious attitude problems. Room is very elegant (not, however, matched by the customers who seem to dress as if they were eating at a diner) and food prices are elevated to match. Wine list is very good and well priced but the wine service was inept and slow. Overall, there are better Italian restaurants within a few blocks' walk.Special Features:
- beautiful presentation of good foodfoodiewannabeDined on 8/1/2014The presentation of each course was amazing, especially the cucumber soup, which was hand-poured from a pitcher at the table. Each item was delicious, and we had a wonderful time. We were seated on the 2nd floor, and it was very comfortable. We could talk in private, but it wasn't a silent location. My friend had the chicken and chocolate dessert, I had the cod and peach sorbet with meringue.Special Features:
- Good ambienceNithyaDined on 7/31/2014I booked it for restaurant week however was disappointed that the website did not clarify that restaurant week was only the lunch menu. Quite expensive place. Great ambience and service but the food is above average, I wouldn't say great. Desserts were really delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014My friends and I had a really great experience. The quality and quantity of food is unbeatable for the Restaurant Week price. The ambiance is soft and quiet even for a busy lunch time and you can have a nice conversation with your guest without raising your voice. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tulkanDined on 7/31/2014The staff was warm and welcoming. The food was presented beautifully and cooked to perfection. Service was excellent. A perfect dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everyone doing it right at MoriniFoodloverVIPDined on 7/30/2014From the lovely Maitre D, who never made my husband and I feel our seat request was too much to ask......to the bartender, who would not be happy until he found me a wine that suited me, to the friendly but very professional wait staff, to the over the top delicious and creative food.....Morini has it all. A rare find.Special Features:
- SquireDined on 7/30/2014Probably the best restaurant in the Upper East Side!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!SisiVIPDined on 7/28/2014We are speechless. This is as good as any top top restaurant of NYC.Special Features:
- harriVIPDined on 7/28/2014The restaurant week menu, was delicious, and one the best I've had during this time period!!!!Special Features:
- Close to the Metropolitan Museumlunchat1Dined on 7/25/2014We chose the restaurant because of Restaurant Week and the location and we pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food and the elegance of presentation. My friend had an excellent chicken dish and I particularly enjoyed my dessert, with meringues and scoops of ice cream.Special Features:
- Fantastic, sophisticated ItalianNoraBailinDined on 7/25/2014Two friends and I had a wonderful meal at Ristorante Morini recently, during restaurant week. Each dish we had was delicious, and the service was impeccable. The staff were so attentive, and even when one member of our party arrived very late they were able to accommodate us so that we all had our courses at the same time. Stand out dishes included the poached cod and the lobster ravioli, which were both incredible. And a special thank you to the wine director, Richard, for being so gracious!Special Features:
- Could not have been betterShozgirlVIPDined on 7/25/2014We went for Restaurant Week lunch, which was a huge value. Seemed to be full sizes mostly menu items and all delicious. Were so glad we chose this restaurant and are now eager to try for a special occassion. All michael white restaurants are great! We miss Convivio though :)Special Features:
- A true gemOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014Ristorante Morini is one of the great Italian restaurants in New York City. Beautiful room, excellent service, consistently delicious food. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Delightfully elegant lunchAusdineDined on 7/23/2014Fantastic meals that were full of flavor. Not just a smear on a plate...real portions. Would defiantly recommend. Sadly passing through NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sharonVIPDined on 7/23/2014Came for restaurant week - food was very good - very pleasant experience Very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Something lacksHeathcliffVIPDined on 7/22/2014While we want to love this place there's something that holds us back. It's not outright formal but we can't seem to understand its identity. Definitely not geared to families - which is weird for this neighborhood that could use another lunch & dinner spot that's comfortable for everyone. While they're not unfriendly towards children, there's not a lot that would jump out to children or teens on the menu. Plus, the prices are more midtown expense account than "let's go out for dinner with the family." The first floor bar area is lively & stylishly decorated and I'd be much more likely to go there than upstairs and I cannot figure out why since the upstairs is lovely but again reminds me of a high end tourist or business place.
- Don't Miss Restaurant Week HereEmilia14Dined on 7/22/2014Food was outstanding and beautifully priced because of Restaurant Week...my only complaint was the frigid air conditioning which the staff was unable or unwilling to turn off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gldbVIPDined on 7/22/2014great lunch experience. cant wait to try dinner. great ues hood additionSpecial Features:
- Godo food great serviceLud2Dined on 7/21/2014A little to heavy on the AC but they did supply a pashmina I would have preferred they lowered the AC . The service was amazing and the food excellent even for a native Italian Will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week ExperienceprincessnellVIPDined on 7/21/2014My mother was visiting, and we were visiting the Met (only a few blocks away), and I had enjoyed dinner at Ristorante Morini, AND I like all of Michael White's restaurants in general, so it seemed like the thing to do for lunch. It was great! Elegantly but efficiently served. A real value. The menu was extremely well-chosen and showed off the strengths of the restaurant. We had the shrimp pasta and the sage chicken, and I would not hesitate to recommend either, although the pasta, as is to be expected in a Chef White spot, was the real star. Lots of MMMMs. The desserts, so often an afterthought for Restaurant Week, were fab, especially the chocolate olive oil cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.