404 Commercial St
Provincetown, MA 02657Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantemarissa.com/
- Phone: 7745386468
- Hours of Operation:
11:30 AM until everyone is fed.
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ristorante Marissa
We work with local farms and fishermen to bring our guests and great dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Ristorante Marissa - Best Restaurants in Provincetown ›
Ristorante Marissa reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (25)great for outdoor dining (24)special occasion (23)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (9)good for groups (8)scenic view (8)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- On the fenceLeoVDined on 8/27/2014We were fans of Della Cucina and thought we would give this place a shot. Overall our experience was OK but they have room to improve. Service was attentive but not suffocating. Can not comment on inside ambiance-we ate outside even though we had reservations inside (nobody was outside on a gorgeous evening so they let us sit there. Food was good but needs some work to become great. appetizers were quite good and served promptly. Both my wife and I noted they were very heavy on the pepper-not good for seafood dished. Can not recommend until I have another try.Special Features:
- They've got some work to dodevrich12VIPDined on 8/17/2014Having been a HUGE fan of Chester's I was suspicious of D'ella Cucina. I became a HUGE fan of the food and ambience of D'ella Cucina immediately and have eaten at both restaurants 4 times in one week. They had incredible food and atmosphere. I'm NOT A FAN of Ristorante Marissa. I understand they are new and have to work out their kinks. The staff were kind yet the vibe of the restaurant is Stepford & impersonal. The food was NOT GOOD. Cold unseasoned Marinara sauce tasted like it came out of a jar in the freezer. Other food too hot where it almost burned my mouth. Flavors were just not together. The people at the table next to us also their felt food was off. I hope they figure it all out but CANNOT RECOMMEND the restaurant right now.
- Little gem rough around the edgesFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Decided to give Marissa a try. We live in town most of the year and know the restaurants well. Marissa is new and has a lot of work to do to survive as a restaurant in town. The food was very good. The service although very friendly which is a breath of fresh air in Ptown, was quite slow. Food took forever to come out. The front end mgr was VERY nice and apologetic. The menu is very creative. The food was very fresh. We had the calamari appetizer, the bolognese, tuna and the striped bass. All were outstanding dishes that you would expect from a 5 star restaurant if Marisa can work out the kitchen timing issues and step up the attentiveness from a service perspective it will be a go to place in PtownSpecial Features:
- Great place to eat in P-TownJpetDined on 8/16/2014We loved the atmosphere at this place. The staff is very accomodating and friendly. This is unique, where the Chef will visit your table to see how things are going. We order the Chefs tasting, where the Chef selects the courses for you. Everything was great and well prepared. The food was deleivered in a timely manner. We highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Sweet spotpolymathpdxVIPDined on 8/13/2014We enjoyed the tasting menu with wine pairing and loved every bite. The chef was charming and the decor was understated and comfortable. The outdoor tables looked very inviting, though we visited on a rainy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Provincetown Goes ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Excellent pastas. Loved the calamari with black ink gnocchetti and hot peppers as a starter. Service was attentive and friendly. Great break from the normal seafare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK, but not memorableVacationerDined on 8/4/2014Tried it as a new option in a town loaded with great restaurants. While it was not a bad place, it didn't stick in my mind as someplace I would think of as a favorite in the future.Special Features:
- Good Italian Place in P-TownMarcDined on 8/1/2014A very good Italian place in P-Town with a good choice of dishes. I just would hope there could me more then one sweet dish in the furureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably GoodNewYork1Dined on 7/27/2014For those who know and like good Italian food this is one of the best. Comparable to NYC restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2centsplainDined on 7/20/2014Worthy successor to Dalla Cucima. Food and service were very good. Try the Chef's tasting menu; you won't be disappointed. Our tasting menu consosted of mussels to start with, two different pastas, and grilled swordfish. Each course was very good. This was our first visit but we will definitly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merely OK.N1davidDined on 7/19/2014As of today the "message from restaurant" on Opentable says: "Please note that reservations are for inside our restaurant only. Our outdoor patio area is available solely on a first come, first served walk-in basis." We arrived and there were tables for two available in the outdoor patio, however we were told that we could not have them because they were "reserved". The food was merely OK but the fact that the host claimed that I was lying about what the restaurant shared on this website about policy on this website set things off on a very bad start.
- Mixed experience with foodRJAPtownDined on 7/18/2014That was our second visit to Ristorante Marissa. On our first visit, we had the best meal in eight years of eating out in Provincetown. Last night, I had the worst lobster I have ever been served in any restaurant ANY WHERE. I sent it back and it came right back out to me. I was shocked. Robert AdamsonSpecial Features:
- Great potential but needs some workJewelVIPDined on 7/18/2014This restaurant has turned over several times in the past few years. Thomas, our waitperson was lovely and accommodating and agreed with us that some improvement was needed. We ordered oysters (fresh and clean), black pepper bowties (wonderful pepper flavor with none of the pepper bite), and a split dish of orriccetti with pancetta and peas (wonderful) and taglietelle bolognese. The taglietelle was way undercooked. There are no salads on the menu and only one desert. All in all, uneven, but since they just opened this year, I would hold out hope for this restaurant. This restaurant could be a big hit with a more expanded salad, desert, and wine menu, and more attention to the pasta preparation. One of the best locations in Provincetown.Special Features:
- Another Truro VacationGreekFoodieDined on 7/16/2014Booked a table to celebrate my husband's birthday and glad I did. We started with a glass of wine from Abruzzi-delish! He thoroughly enjoyed his steak and I loved the scallops. Both preparations were simple and delectable. But the Primi of mushroom and pasta was simply outstanding! (we would return and have that as a main course-yum) For dessert, a delicious brownie w whipped cream & blueberries. It came w a candle (a lovely touch that a lot of restarants forego). Wait staff, friendly and efficient. Added Marisa to our P'twn fav list. Easy parking across the street. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food not flavorfulKevinBDined on 7/13/2014I decided to try this restaurant based on the great reviews I saw on the open table app and also on the Yelp app. While my server was friendly and attentive, I felt that the food was lacking flavor. I had some sort of caprese salad appetizer, which had very little flavor. I can make a much better caprese salad at home. For my entree, I had the Lobster Taglitelle pasta, which was also not very flavorful. In addition, the menu posted on their web site is somewhat outdated compared to the menu I was given in the restaurant. The menu on the internet indicates they have eggplant parmesan as an appetizer, but it was not on the menu when I was there, and I was hoping to get that. Maybe I ordered the wrong items, but I won't be coming back.
- Didn't live up to the billingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Adequate, but not superlative. Chef needs lessons in seasoning. Service intrusive at times. Nice table though.
- Great dining in ProvincetownnimhVIPDined on 7/5/2014This was our second visit to Ristorante Marissa. This time with a larger party. The food was fantastic. All our meals were delicious and attractively served. The scallops are incredible! The service provided by our waitperson, Kyle was also excellent. The atmosphere is very comfortable and welcoming both inside and outside. We plan to go there for dinner again next weekend.Special Features:
- Pasta Pasta Pasta YEAH!!!!!mitchellVIPDined on 6/29/2014A wonderful new addition to P Town. Was so impressed with the small, but perfect, menu. Never did trust menu's that are pages long. How do you maintain fresh foods. No problem here. We started with Grilled ribs and arugula/grapefruit salad, both prepared to perfection. Then both ordered a PASTA, gnocchi with eggplant, fresh mozzarella, and a light tomato sauce, the dumplings were so light. the other pasta was a Pappadella Bolognese and also perfect. I'm Italian and am very fussy about my Pasta. Then, even tho that was more than enough, we ordered Swordfish and Bass, again both done to perfection. Only offered one dessert, a caramel and dark chocolate chip bread pudding, need I say more. Next time we're trying the pasta tasting menu GO!!!!!Special Features:
- PTown VisitLowellNativeVIPDined on 6/25/2014A perfect night to eat outside on their porch along Commercial and watch the world go by! Food and service after only being open a short time was excellent for our last night in Provincetown. A group and the Chef's tasting menu looked like a very good idea and next time we will try to recruit some additional diners to come with us. Inexpensive wine list didn't hurt making this a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Ristorante Marissa reviews archive.