11 Cooper St
Waltham, MA 02453Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.marcellinorist.com/
- Phone: 7816475458
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Ristorante Marcellino
Salvatore Torcasio and his family opened up Ristorante Marcellino back on March 17, 1997. After nearly three and a half years of bringing fine Calabrese cuisine to Waltham, Massachusetts, they decided to take a short break from the restaurant business. On August 11, 2000, Marcellino’s closed its doors but it would not be long before its return to the quiet Cooper Street neighborhood in Waltham. On November 18, 2002, Ristorante Marcellino re-opened to bring back the fine Calabrese cuisine that so many patrons had been missing. The family owned and operated business strives on the belief that each dish should be made to order using fine ingredients such as extra virgin olive oil, homemade pastas and sauces, and freshly made bread in their wood burning brick oven.Ristorante Marcellino is looking forward to bringing back the traditional Italian cooking that owners Salvatore and Giovannina were brought up with in their hometowns in Calabria, Italy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Marcellino reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (6)good for groups (4)romantic (4)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Conventional Italian restaurantitalophileDined on 9/15/2014We went to Marcellino's in the memory of a friend's Italian-American father, who liked their osso buco. It's traditional and authentic with predictable dishes, wines, digestifs, etc., far better than our neighborhood Italo-American place where everything tastes like Chef Boy-Ar-Dee. The waitress spoke Italian, was born there but grew up here. She was attentive, patient with the problematic member of our party, and efficient. Everything was fine, no surprises, nothing terrible or amazing. (I'm a bit lukewarm only because I prefer funkier places.) The prices seemed normal for the location, level of service, etc. When ordering, keep in mind that the portions are large, American size, about twice what we are accustomed to in Italy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findkenbVIPDined on 9/11/2014tucked away in waltham is a cozy italian gem. service and food was great. wine list for all budgets and the hot food really comes out hot.Special Features:
- New Fav RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014This is a hidden gem. The food is authentic italian and excellent.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian!food13fanaticDined on 8/30/2014Italian food at it's best! Homemade meats on the antipasto; pasta cooked al dente & flavorful, authentic sauces. We took friends that live near New York, one of whom is from Italy and they loved it. Our server took very good care of us; she was a pro. Ristorante Marcellino's never fails to impress!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Temperature a problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014The food was not great or original. Room temperature was a problem making circulation of fish smells unbearable. All we could smell was the fish dishes being served 5 tables away. Circulation is very poor. If food was better it would have been worth the smell but it was not.Special Features:
- Menu is a fictioneaterouterVIPDined on 8/16/2014We reviewed the menu online. In fact, when we arrived and ordered they were out of the clams for spaghetti and clams, and out of one other item (which I no longer specifically recall). I ordered an antipasto which was described as having several kinds of cold meats and cheeses along with grilled vegetable. When I received it there were no grilled vegetables and there was one kind of cheese, a very strong one. While the service was good and the waitress very friendly, the food available does not match the menu and the food served does not necessarily match the menu descriptions. My wife, who is picky about olive oil, said their olive oil is very good.Special Features:
- Bernie and Carrie BrownBernieVIPDined on 8/9/2014Found everythinfg to be very good. I was most impressed over the service. Our primary waitress was multi tasking at waiting on tables and doing a fine job of mixing drinks at the bar as the head bartender. She did a very good job of making sure to cover with other wait staff members to attend to us. They all worked as a very good team to make sure we were not ignored or left waiting. Also, their marinara sauce was some the best home made suace I have ever had. BETTER THAN THE NORTH END!!!Special Features:
- nice dinner outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014I purchased an online voucher and was pleased that it was no trouble to redeem it. The restaurant seemed prepared and I got what I wanted, i.e., relaxing dinner to celebrate our anniversary without spending an arm and a leg.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Ristorante Marcellino reviews archive.