1198 Hertel Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7168734291
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lunch: Friday's Only - 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Salvati
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Lombardo
Rated four stars by Janice Okun of the Buffalo news is one reason why Ristorante Lombardo, is often referred to as the "Best Italian in Buffalo". Open since 1975 our menus consist of the Chef's original creations inspired by authentic Italian preparations. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning oven which is used to prepare several of our menu items and specials such as whole roasted fish and Chicken, as well as wood fired Pizzas. Fresh handmade pastas highlight the menu and change with the seasons. An award winning Caesar Salad is prepared table side and the daily specials are just that - special! Complement your meal with one of the more than 20 fine wines available by the glass or from our extensive wine list. After dinner, sample one of the house made desserts accompanied by espresso, cappuccino a fine port, grappa or dessert wine. Ristorante Lombardo's "3 for $30" special available Monday through Thursday is a hit among customers who appreciate great food on a reasonable budget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Ristorante Lombardo - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Ristorante Lombardo reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)romantic (53)neighborhood gem (49)notable wine list (45)fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (22)hot spot (16)good for groups (13)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- A special nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014I really enjoyed the experience of dining there. The staff had an eye for detail and they were very attentive. The only thing my wife would have liked would be a lasagna, however the feature meal was very good. I don't drink wine but their wine list was impressive. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice First Time ThereJeffGDined on 10/18/2014We had never been to Lombardo's. It was outstanding. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- AmazingFrancisco79Dined on 10/17/2014Best food I've had in Buffalo since I moved here a year ago. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2skiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great italian neighborhood gem. Love the pasta half portion size option!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDelishfoodDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a place for dinner not far from Niagara Falls as we were going to the Santana concert. Trip Advisor had this highly rated and we were so happy we picked it. Food was awesome and the service was fantastic. We will definitely go back if we are in the area. Veal Marsala and Caesar salad were fabulous as well as short rib ravioli.Special Features:
- 10/10 great eveningmimiDined on 10/10/2014Fabulous dinner lobster tail,veal Marsala,veal chop and the night's special raviolini all were delicious. Started our meal with exceptional Caesar salad and grilled octopus for our more adventurous eater along with distinct sides of brussel sprouts and wild mushroom brocolini. Frou frou cake,flourless chocolate cake and dark chocolate gelato completed a fabulous meal. Wine selection was also very good! Our son and his wife in from DC were so pleased to see Buffalo and Lombardo's still knows how to do it! Carleen made us feel so comfortable with her warm,professional and Buffalo friendly personality. Thank you for a special evening!Special Features:
- Tasty...with exceptional serviceAndrewDined on 10/9/2014I'd eat at Lambardo just for the service! The duck Ragu with gnocchi was very good, the gnocchi themselves tasted a bit of flour. Carleen was one of the best servers I have ever seen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TerryDined on 10/7/2014I've been going to Lombardo's for years. It's amazing how they consistantly have fresh and delicious items on their menu. From the oysters, ceasar salad, to the ricotta gnocchi with duck ragu, excellent.Special Features:
- BEST dinner in BuffaloOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014Best restaurant. Best service. Best food! Everyone is so kind. Go to Lombardo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first impression !!!HappyDinerDined on 9/27/2014Great mixologists behind the bar!! Delicious House made specialties including pastas and caesar salad. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night perhaps?passion4foodDined on 9/26/2014No strangers to the fine dining experiences WNY has to offer - including past visits to lombardo's which were always exceptional - we were sadly disappointed with the execution of the food on our most recent visit. The service as always was warm and attentive. But food basics were shockingly missing (proper seasoning, searing of scallops - huh? Undressed pasta etc. ) Certainly not 'bad' - but 'eh' and definately not memorable. Given our past experiences here which were memorable - I will reserve overall judgement. Not sure we will return soon given the amazing choices available - but I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from trying either. Perhaps just an off night - but our party enjoyed ourselves anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable dining experience.JSItaliaDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time dining here and we can't wait to go back. The wait staff were all prompt and accommodating. The food was exceptional. There were so many selections on the menu that we wanted to try - they all sounded so good. All ingredients were fresh and cooked and prepared to perfection. Great place for a special date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow but high quality food/serviceJenCBVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was amazing as expected. Service was great, but food came far too slowly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Plates was no mistakeWNYSunbeam67Dined on 9/20/2014I am always skeptical about an outstanding review by a restaurant reviewer...were they recognized?...perhaps a little too much vino..whatever!! In the case of Lombardo's they were spot on. We visited the restaurant with friends on Saturday night and were treated to a fabulous meal..including a Ceasar salad prepared tableside.... the service was impeccable, efficient and unobtrusive. A very reasonably priced meal and a great evening!Special Features:
- Always 5 starsfourcorksDined on 9/20/2014An excellent dinner was enjoyed by all. We decided to introduce some very good friends to Lombardo's, they will be back. My dinner with clams, linguine and poblano peppers was so delicious, the clams so tender and fresh. The squid appetizer was thoroughly enjoyed by both men and Cindy and I enjoyed the figs with arugula salad. I had also mentioned some food allergies our one friend has, our waitress was aware of this and assisted with his food selections. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a 10dissapointedDined on 9/20/2014Squash soup was bland, the prosciutto topping was crisp, but had no flavor. The rest of the meal was unremarkable. Won't be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Owner/host Tom Lombardo and his entire staff made this a most wonderful dining experience for us. The wait staff was attentive without hovering around the table. The bartenders were friendly and taught us a few things. The food was over the top in quality and the way it was prepared. We will be back.Special Features:
- Gets Better All the TimeRoadiniersVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great Italian in Buffalo; veal marsala was outstanding; friendly wait staff; great variety of Italian wine - enjoyable evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World ItalianLuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 9/15/2014This was a second trip for us. It did not disappoint. Great service, great food! Do not miss the Banoffee Dessert - unique and delicious! Fruitti Di Mare was amazing - tender calamari, shrimp, and scallops.Special Features:
- Amazing!CT2013lDined on 9/13/2014Best service we have ever had at a restaurant, ever! Amazing food very welcoming atmosphere for tourists, amazing wine list, can't wait to go back ! Valet service also includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014Lombardo is hands down the best restaurant in Buffalo. Good is outstanding. Service is wonderful. Would definitely recommend. The bill does add up fast, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old and popular gemwhzrdDined on 9/11/2014Everything you hear about this restaurant is true. Food Ambience Service what you can expect and it always delivers. Memorable experience the staff makes everyone feel welcome. It is one of the best and one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benne in Buffalo!LeChatDined on 9/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant, hands down, in Buffalo. Consistently great food, great service, and a wonderful, warm ambiance. They treat you like family, or honored guest. Unlike a lot of places in Buffalo, where the noise level is so loud you can hardly hear the person next to you speak, this restaurant has a fairly modest noise level, conducive to conversation. Although the restaurant was nearly full the night I went, it didn't have a crowded feeling. I recommend the stuffed/broiled figs, any of the pasta dishes (pasta made on premises); the entrees are all good. Try the "3 for $33" menu during the week.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedRachachaDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I took my 89 year old mother to Lombardo's to celebrate her birthday. She had gone to this fine restaurant 35 years ago with my father. The evening was wonderful. Service was superb, the meal was even better. I'm not from Buffalo - If I was, Lombardo's would be on my 'go-to-often' list.Special Features:
- One of bestDPOEDined on 9/6/2014Buffalo area has more good restaurants than most cities twice the size. Lombardo is hands down one of the best. Great white tablecloth gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!RickDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner with friends. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTomCamherstDined on 8/26/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. Over the years, we keep on going back to Lombardo's. The owner and his staff, cannot do enough to please you. The food and varied menu, provides you with a wonderful selection. The reason that Lombardo's Ristorante has been around for so many years, is because they do it right! This restaurant is never a disappointment. What a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Great place!BuffaloveDined on 8/25/2014No complaints at all, I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencebunislawDined on 8/16/2014Classic restaurant. Knowledgeable wait staff and bartenders. The Caesar salad prepared table side is a rare find. Fresh homemade pastas. Great bolognaise. For of us had different dishes. Each was superb. Try the vanilla gelato with a shot of hot espresso for dessert. Definitely worth tthe 65 mile drive from rochester to buffalo. Can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningJohnDined on 8/16/2014This is a dinning experience worth a try. You will enjoy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodAbcdVIPDined on 8/15/2014Coming here for years and love it. This visit service lacked, with long lag times between courses. Good always consistantly great.
- special occasionBilllyjoeDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed Lombardo's for a special birthday celebration. Everything about the experience was positive and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Dinner at LombardoTomWVIPDined on 8/4/2014We had dinner at Lombardo in early August and ate outside. It was great! The food is unique--not the standard Italian food. I had the veal marsala and my wife had the tagliatelle and we shared the ceasar salad. Everything was prepared perfectly. The service was great and dining outside was wonderful.Special Features:
- Check your billvecchio49VIPDined on 8/4/2014Everything was great. The food was very good, we had the veal with to appetizers. The service was a bit stiff but otherwise unremarkable. The outdoor patio is a great place to dine. We also had a beer and a glass of bourbon (neat). When I got the bill I was charged $2.00 for having my drink served neat. This is the second restaurant where I have booked through OpenTable and have been charged $2.00 for liquor. The last time I was charged $2.00 for ice. I guess to avoid this charge you have to swig from the bottle.Special Features:
- Another great meal.feejayDined on 8/2/2014Everything about Lombardo's is first rate. The food is outstanding, and the wait staff is excellent. One of Buffalo's best and one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner223Dined on 8/2/2014Tough to review service because the hostess, bartender and waitress were wonderful, but the kitchen staff must have dropped the ball. It was a 3 hour experience. I looked around the dining room and no one had their meals. Then all of a sudden plates came out to every table except ours. If it hadn't been for our very nice waitress we would have left. Pasta and one fish dish should never take that long, and then when it does it better be amazing. Unfortunately the food was not great. The dessert was great-thanks to our waitress -our night wasn't completely spoiled. We had friends drive in from Rochester, NY after reading a write up on some of NY's best dining. Lombardo's unfortunately did not live up to expectations.
- Anniversary DinnerlovebuffalolocalDined on 8/2/2014For our 3rd anniversary, we were looking for an upscale romantic restaurant, and Ristorante Lombardo was perfect. The staff was very good and friendly, and the food was terrific. They even had 2 complimentary glasses of champagne for us to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:
- 44th AnniversaryJCLKDined on 8/1/2014Makes a great dining event. Entire staff works together to give you great food, service, and upscale experienceSpecial Features:
- Happy AnniversarythedigitalfoodieDined on 7/26/2014We had read terrific reviews of this establishment, and all of the kudos are warranted. I dropped the car with the energetic, friendly valet and walked in the front door past a lot full of top end sedans and $500k Ferrari and thought "Am I a fish our of water?". However, the host and our waitress immediately put that to rest. The staff was friendly and helpful, the environment inviting and jovial. The food could get its own excellent review, but 'perfect' is the word that kept coming up. We had figs, scallops, boar, fazzoletti, banoffe pie... the range of the chef is impressive and again everything was perfectly prepared with very balanced flavor. This was our first visit to Ristorante Lombardo, it won't be the last. Cheers!Special Features:
- One of our favorites, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014A great restaurant, outstanding food & service every time we have been to Lombardo's, one of the few restaurants that prepare Ceasar Salad table side. The patio is very comfortable when eating outside, weather permitting of course. A very enjoyable evening every time we have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.