1198 Hertel Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://ristorantelombardo.com/
- Phone: (716) 873-4291
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Lunch: Friday's Only - 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Obarka
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Ristorante Lombardo
Rated ten out of ten plates by Andrew Galarneau of the Buffalo news is one reason why Ristorante Lombardo, is often referred to as the "Best Italian in Buffalo". Open since 1975 our menus consist of original creations inspired by authentic regional Italian cuisine. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning oven used to prepare thin crust wood fired pizza, whole organic chicken saltimbocca and more. Fresh handmade pastas highlight the menu and change with the seasons. An award winning Caesar Salad is prepared table side and the daily specials are just that - special! Complement your meal with one of the more than 30 fine wines available by the glass or with a bottle from our extensive wine list. After dinner, sample one of the house made desserts accompanied by espresso, cappuccino, amaro, grappa or dessert wine.Continued
Ristorante Lombardo's "3 for $33" special available Monday through Thursday is a hit among customers who appreciate great food on a reasonable budget.
Ristorante Lombardo's "3 for $33" special available Monday through Thursday is a hit among customers who appreciate great food on a reasonable budget.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Ristorante Lombardo - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Ristorante Lombardo reviews from OpenTable diners
- CeooDined on 11/25/2014Outstanding long time operating restaurant, The finist service ,with original and additional food selections, done to perfection. Wine selection , friendly bar and knowledgeable staff makes this a repeat restaurant. Easy parking in very fine and interesting neighborhood, don't miss Shea's North Park Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Ten! Food prepared with love.roscoeDined on 11/24/2014One of the best restaurants in Buffalo. The last time I was there it was very good, so I was concern it might not live to expectations. It was better. We had a party of six. Our server had combination of being a professional with making you feel welcome. Food is old world, the right amount of food and prepared to order. The owner greet us, checked on our table and was there to say good bye and to thanks us for coming (Class!).Special Features:
- would recommend to anyone.TomRDined on 11/17/2014Service from the time we enter to the time we left was friendly, efficient and attentive. Nice to see a business with well trained staff, thank you to the people who work there that made my first visit memorable. I will be bringing my family back for dinner, but more importantly the fro fro cake!Special Features:
- Simply the bestDukemomVIPDined on 11/17/2014Ristorante Lombardo is simply the best restaurant in Buffalo. The food is fresh and fabulous. You can make a meal out of small plates or go for a full on feast. The bartenders make the best drinks in town. But what really sets this place apart is the Lombardo family. They are so gracious and treat all guests like long lost friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and great staff!NickyGDined on 11/14/2014We absolutely loved our time at Ristorante Lombardo! We got a little carried away and got a pizza and two small pasta dishes to start and then each got a full meal! It was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thoroughly Impressed!FoodiesareusDined on 11/10/2014Our 19th anniversary at Lombardo's was extra special because of the amazing food and the outstanding service! From the moment we arrived to the time we left the people at Lombardo's made us feel special. Our waitress offered us several good suggestions and took great care of us. And the banana cream pie with toffee filling at the end of the evening was truly to die for! We will be back! That's for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Dinner and service were excellent only complaint was my shrimp was not cooked enough I should have said something I know they would have fixed it.Special Features:
- Lombardos still excellent.CBOutDined on 11/6/2014It had been many years since last visit. Still excellent and would definitely dine at Lombardos again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and serviceMelster625Dined on 10/25/2014Made a late night reservation for 9:15. Service was awesome, from being greeted at the door by the hostess to our bar waiter and our table server. Portions were perfect. Food was great. I had the bolognese, my husband and daughter had the swordfish. She never finishes anything and it was gone in the blink of an eye.Special Features:
- Fantastic!LoveToDineOutDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I came here on date night as part of restaurant week. We had never been before and wanted to try something new. Everything about it was impressive! It was a busy Saturday night due to it being restaurant week, but we were seated at the exact time of our reservation. The food, ambiance and service were all outstanding!! My husband kept remarking it is his new favorite restaurant and is already making plans to come back.Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationGrengleDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit to Ristorante Lombardo. Upon arrival (15 minutes early) we were greeted at the door and wished a happy anniversary by the maître d'. Our corner table was ready and 2 glasses of Champaign came our way compliments of the house! The appetizers were extremely flavorful and the main course included an order of Chicken Saltimbocca and Osso Buco cooked to perfection. The atmosphere was lively yet quiet even with a full house. Our waiter Josh was on top of everything and I'm looking forward to bringing my wife back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just good!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Lombardo's is as good as it gets, not just in Buffalo, but anywhere. It excels in all catagories from quality and ingenunity of food to service and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantyummyDined on 10/24/2014it was a great restaurant, it was our first time there and we will definitely be back. the only bad thing was parking and when we went to the door we realized there was complimentary valet...now next time we knowSpecial Features:
- A special nightdinerfromCanadaDined on 10/22/2014I really enjoyed the experience of dining there. The staff had an eye for detail and they were very attentive. The only thing my wife would have liked would be a lasagna, however the feature meal was very good. I don't drink wine but their wine list was impressive. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Nice First Time ThereJeffGDined on 10/18/2014We had never been to Lombardo's. It was outstanding. Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- AmazingFrancisco79VIPDined on 10/17/2014Best food I've had in Buffalo since I moved here a year ago. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2skiVIPDined on 10/16/2014Great italian neighborhood gem. Love the pasta half portion size option!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDelishfoodDined on 10/11/2014We were looking for a place for dinner not far from Niagara Falls as we were going to the Santana concert. Trip Advisor had this highly rated and we were so happy we picked it. Food was awesome and the service was fantastic. We will definitely go back if we are in the area. Veal Marsala and Caesar salad were fabulous as well as short rib ravioli.Special Features:
- 10/10 great eveningmimiDined on 10/10/2014Fabulous dinner lobster tail,veal Marsala,veal chop and the night's special raviolini all were delicious. Started our meal with exceptional Caesar salad and grilled octopus for our more adventurous eater along with distinct sides of brussel sprouts and wild mushroom brocolini. Frou frou cake,flourless chocolate cake and dark chocolate gelato completed a fabulous meal. Wine selection was also very good! Our son and his wife in from DC were so pleased to see Buffalo and Lombardo's still knows how to do it! Carleen made us feel so comfortable with her warm,professional and Buffalo friendly personality. Thank you for a special evening!Special Features:
- Tasty...with exceptional serviceAndrewDined on 10/9/2014I'd eat at Lambardo just for the service! The duck Ragu with gnocchi was very good, the gnocchi themselves tasted a bit of flour. Carleen was one of the best servers I have ever seen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!TerryDined on 10/7/2014I've been going to Lombardo's for years. It's amazing how they consistantly have fresh and delicious items on their menu. From the oysters, ceasar salad, to the ricotta gnocchi with duck ragu, excellent.Special Features:
- BEST dinner in BuffaloYummyDined on 10/4/2014Best restaurant. Best service. Best food! Everyone is so kind. Go to Lombardo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first impression !!!HappyDinerDined on 9/27/2014Great mixologists behind the bar!! Delicious House made specialties including pastas and caesar salad. Look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Off night perhaps?passion4foodDined on 9/26/2014No strangers to the fine dining experiences WNY has to offer - including past visits to lombardo's which were always exceptional - we were sadly disappointed with the execution of the food on our most recent visit. The service as always was warm and attentive. But food basics were shockingly missing (proper seasoning, searing of scallops - huh? Undressed pasta etc. ) Certainly not 'bad' - but 'eh' and definately not memorable. Given our past experiences here which were memorable - I will reserve overall judgement. Not sure we will return soon given the amazing choices available - but I wouldn't necessarily discourage anyone from trying either. Perhaps just an off night - but our party enjoyed ourselves anyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable dining experience.JSItaliaDined on 9/26/2014This was our first time dining here and we can't wait to go back. The wait staff were all prompt and accommodating. The food was exceptional. There were so many selections on the menu that we wanted to try - they all sounded so good. All ingredients were fresh and cooked and prepared to perfection. Great place for a special date night or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slow but high quality food/serviceJenCBVIPDined on 9/23/2014Food was amazing as expected. Service was great, but food came far too slowly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 Plates was no mistakeWNYSunbeam67Dined on 9/20/2014I am always skeptical about an outstanding review by a restaurant reviewer...were they recognized?...perhaps a little too much vino..whatever!! In the case of Lombardo's they were spot on. We visited the restaurant with friends on Saturday night and were treated to a fabulous meal..including a Ceasar salad prepared tableside.... the service was impeccable, efficient and unobtrusive. A very reasonably priced meal and a great evening!Special Features:
- Always 5 starsfourcorksDined on 9/20/2014An excellent dinner was enjoyed by all. We decided to introduce some very good friends to Lombardo's, they will be back. My dinner with clams, linguine and poblano peppers was so delicious, the clams so tender and fresh. The squid appetizer was thoroughly enjoyed by both men and Cindy and I enjoyed the figs with arugula salad. I had also mentioned some food allergies our one friend has, our waitress was aware of this and assisted with his food selections. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a 10dissapointedDined on 9/20/2014Squash soup was bland, the prosciutto topping was crisp, but had no flavor. The rest of the meal was unremarkable. Won't be in a hurry to return.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Owner/host Tom Lombardo and his entire staff made this a most wonderful dining experience for us. The wait staff was attentive without hovering around the table. The bartenders were friendly and taught us a few things. The food was over the top in quality and the way it was prepared. We will be back.Special Features:
- Gets Better All the TimeRoadiniersVIPDined on 9/17/2014Great Italian in Buffalo; veal marsala was outstanding; friendly wait staff; great variety of Italian wine - enjoyable evening outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old World ItalianLuvGoodFoodVIPDined on 9/15/2014This was a second trip for us. It did not disappoint. Great service, great food! Do not miss the Banoffee Dessert - unique and delicious! Fruitti Di Mare was amazing - tender calamari, shrimp, and scallops.Special Features:
- Amazing!CT2013lDined on 9/13/2014Best service we have ever had at a restaurant, ever! Amazing food very welcoming atmosphere for tourists, amazing wine list, can't wait to go back ! Valet service also includedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST!YummyDined on 9/13/2014Lombardo is hands down the best restaurant in Buffalo. Good is outstanding. Service is wonderful. Would definitely recommend. The bill does add up fast, but it's worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- old and popular gemwhzrdDined on 9/11/2014Everything you hear about this restaurant is true. Food Ambience Service what you can expect and it always delivers. Memorable experience the staff makes everyone feel welcome. It is one of the best and one of my favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Benne in Buffalo!LeChatDined on 9/11/2014This is my favorite restaurant, hands down, in Buffalo. Consistently great food, great service, and a wonderful, warm ambiance. They treat you like family, or honored guest. Unlike a lot of places in Buffalo, where the noise level is so loud you can hardly hear the person next to you speak, this restaurant has a fairly modest noise level, conducive to conversation. Although the restaurant was nearly full the night I went, it didn't have a crowded feeling. I recommend the stuffed/broiled figs, any of the pasta dishes (pasta made on premises); the entrees are all good. Try the "3 for $33" menu during the week.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedRachachaDined on 9/10/2014My wife and I took my 89 year old mother to Lombardo's to celebrate her birthday. She had gone to this fine restaurant 35 years ago with my father. The evening was wonderful. Service was superb, the meal was even better. I'm not from Buffalo - If I was, Lombardo's would be on my 'go-to-often' list.Special Features:
- One of bestDPOEDined on 9/6/2014Buffalo area has more good restaurants than most cities twice the size. Lombardo is hands down one of the best. Great white tablecloth gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!RickDined on 8/30/2014Enjoyed a very nice dinner with friends. Food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceTomCamherstDined on 8/26/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. Over the years, we keep on going back to Lombardo's. The owner and his staff, cannot do enough to please you. The food and varied menu, provides you with a wonderful selection. The reason that Lombardo's Ristorante has been around for so many years, is because they do it right! This restaurant is never a disappointment. What a gem of a place.Special Features: