1198 Hertel Ave
Buffalo, NY 14216Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Phone: 7168734291
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm Lunch: Friday's Only - 11:30am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Salvati
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Lombardo
Rated four stars by Janice Okun of the Buffalo news is one reason why Ristorante Lombardo, is often referred to as the "Best Italian in Buffalo". Open since 1975 our menus consist of the Chef's original creations inspired by authentic Italian preparations. Our kitchen boasts a wood burning oven which is used to prepare several of our menu items and specials such as whole roasted fish and Chicken, as well as wood fired Pizzas. Fresh handmade pastas highlight the menu and change with the seasons. An award winning Caesar Salad is prepared table side and the daily specials are just that - special! Complement your meal with one of the more than 20 fine wines available by the glass or from our extensive wine list. After dinner, sample one of the house made desserts accompanied by espresso, cappuccino a fine port, grappa or dessert wine. Ristorante Lombardo's "3 for $30" special available Monday through Thursday is a hit among customers who appreciate great food on a reasonable budget.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Ristorante Lombardo - Best Restaurants in Buffalo ›
Ristorante Lombardo reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)romantic (40)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (32)fit for foodies (27)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (12)late-night find (8)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014Overall, we had a great dining experience. Over the years, we keep on going back to Lombardo's. The owner and his staff, cannot do enough to please you. The food and varied menu, provides you with a wonderful selection. The reason that Lombardo's Ristorante has been around for so many years, is because they do it right! This restaurant is never a disappointment. What a gem of a place.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014No complaints at all, I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome experiencebunislawDined on 8/16/2014Classic restaurant. Knowledgeable wait staff and bartenders. The Caesar salad prepared table side is a rare find. Fresh homemade pastas. Great bolognaise. For of us had different dishes. Each was superb. Try the vanilla gelato with a shot of hot espresso for dessert. Definitely worth tthe 65 mile drive from rochester to buffalo. Can't wait to return!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinningJohnDined on 8/16/2014This is a dinning experience worth a try. You will enjoy!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodAbcdVIPDined on 8/15/2014Coming here for years and love it. This visit service lacked, with long lag times between courses. Good always consistantly great.
- special occasionBilllyjoeDined on 8/5/2014We enjoyed Lombardo's for a special birthday celebration. Everything about the experience was positive and the prices were reasonable.Special Features:
- Dinner at LombardoTomWDined on 8/4/2014We had dinner at Lombardo in early August and ate outside. It was great! The food is unique--not the standard Italian food. I had the veal marsala and my wife had the tagliatelle and we shared the ceasar salad. Everything was prepared perfectly. The service was great and dining outside was wonderful.Special Features:
- Check your billvecchio49VIPDined on 8/4/2014Everything was great. The food was very good, we had the veal with to appetizers. The service was a bit stiff but otherwise unremarkable. The outdoor patio is a great place to dine. We also had a beer and a glass of bourbon (neat). When I got the bill I was charged $2.00 for having my drink served neat. This is the second restaurant where I have booked through OpenTable and have been charged $2.00 for liquor. The last time I was charged $2.00 for ice. I guess to avoid this charge you have to swig from the bottle.Special Features:
- Another great meal.feejayDined on 8/2/2014Everything about Lombardo's is first rate. The food is outstanding, and the wait staff is excellent. One of Buffalo's best and one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDiner223Dined on 8/2/2014Tough to review service because the hostess, bartender and waitress were wonderful, but the kitchen staff must have dropped the ball. It was a 3 hour experience. I looked around the dining room and no one had their meals. Then all of a sudden plates came out to every table except ours. If it hadn't been for our very nice waitress we would have left. Pasta and one fish dish should never take that long, and then when it does it better be amazing. Unfortunately the food was not great. The dessert was great-thanks to our waitress -our night wasn't completely spoiled. We had friends drive in from Rochester, NY after reading a write up on some of NY's best dining. Lombardo's unfortunately did not live up to expectations.
- Anniversary DinnerlovebuffalolocalDined on 8/2/2014For our 3rd anniversary, we were looking for an upscale romantic restaurant, and Ristorante Lombardo was perfect. The staff was very good and friendly, and the food was terrific. They even had 2 complimentary glasses of champagne for us to celebrate our anniversarySpecial Features:
- 44th AnniversaryJCLKDined on 8/1/2014Makes a great dining event. Entire staff works together to give you great food, service, and upscale experienceSpecial Features:
- Happy AnniversarythedigitalfoodieDined on 7/26/2014We had read terrific reviews of this establishment, and all of the kudos are warranted. I dropped the car with the energetic, friendly valet and walked in the front door past a lot full of top end sedans and $500k Ferrari and thought "Am I a fish our of water?". However, the host and our waitress immediately put that to rest. The staff was friendly and helpful, the environment inviting and jovial. The food could get its own excellent review, but 'perfect' is the word that kept coming up. We had figs, scallops, boar, fazzoletti, banoffe pie... the range of the chef is impressive and again everything was perfectly prepared with very balanced flavor. This was our first visit to Ristorante Lombardo, it won't be the last. Cheers!Special Features:
- One of our favorites, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014A great restaurant, outstanding food & service every time we have been to Lombardo's, one of the few restaurants that prepare Ceasar Salad table side. The patio is very comfortable when eating outside, weather permitting of course. A very enjoyable evening every time we have eaten there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in Italy!Luv2eatoutVIPDined on 7/23/2014This restaurant always amazes us; when you think they cannot get any better, they do. The owner is right on to of things here as well as the expert staff from the time they make the Caesar salad table side to the deserts. Hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Ciao, j&jSpecial Features:
- Great!silkDined on 7/14/2014I went here for my 30th birthday, it was great! The food was exceptional and the service was great. The wait staff was friendly and attentive. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- First Time, Dreaming of Next TimeJulieJohnDined on 7/12/2014Having had dinner reservations, we stopped at the bar for cocktails, Martini's to be exact. We decided to order a small plate choosing the lightly fried calamari. This plate was so amazing it held us captive to another small plate of grill octopus, then several others including the cremini/shiitake mushroom pizza, caesar salad, lobster ravioli, finishing w/an amazing banana fosters cream pie! Ristorante Lombardo is a very intimate, friendly restaurant, w/an amazing unique clean approach to homemade fresh delicious food with beautiful presentation. Experiencing 5 hours w/Mike the bartender, taking extreme pride in his work, accommodating all his guest, and allowing everyone to feel like family, we never took our table, completely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureCherandPatDined on 7/10/2014You really can't go wrong with dinner at Lombardo's. Cocktails are wonderful, service is fabulous, and the food is consistently delicious with very creative choices. It's our number one restaurant in Buffalo - we enjoy ourselves every time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2014Celebrated a birthday/going away dinner with friends. Lombardo's is top-notch in every respect, one of the finest restaurants in WNy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great restaurantChloeVIPDined on 6/30/2014WE were in Buffalo for the first time and this restaurant was recommended by trip advisor. It was our anniversary the night we were there and the restaurant gave us 2 glasses of prosecco when we sat down. We asked for a quiet table but the first table we were seated at was in the main room and there were 2 large groups on either side of us. We asked to move and were seated by the bar...not exactly quiet there but we didn't want to move again. It was fine...not romantic or quiet but we enjoyed the meal. For appetizers, we had pizza(excellent thin crust) and delicious mussels. We shared a main course of swordfish. It was a big portion and cooked well. The dessert was an amazing banana with graham cracker crust pie.Special Features:
- Excellent ExperienceBuffalodiningDined on 6/26/2014Tom Lombardo Sr. greeted us and remembered me from many years ago. The ambiance was great, food excellent, waitress and others were pleasant and helpful. Overall, a great dinning experience. Can't afford it weekly but you can't beat it for special occasions.Special Features:
- Not as good as we rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We had not eaten here in a couple years, but the last time we did it was great! This time was good, but I wasn't impressed as my previous visit. Specifically, the table side Cesar salad was memorable the previous time, but sub par this time. Also, the lobster ravioli was good, but waaaay overpriced for me - $24 for 6 small ravioli with only one or two small lumps of lobster and hardly any cheese. My wife had the fish special over risotto and liked it, but not blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Italian RestuarantPatrick1959Dined on 6/9/2014The nice terrace is a little noisy. But the food was excellent, not creamy like in many other Italian restaurants. The portions were not vulgar. Short: Italy in the US.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFoodiesDined on 6/6/2014Never ate a meal at Lombardo's that was not cooked to perfection. I have enjoyed dinners & lunches there. Have not participated in a brunch…..…yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restauarant!CyndeeDined on 5/31/2014Our group had a wonderful meal and evening at this Restsurant. I grew up in this area of Buffalo and it was fun to return but the meal was world class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We wanted to have a special dinnerricky22Dined on 5/30/2014This was just the place to pick. Food always good. Service excellent. A special place for a special occasion. Ristorante Lombardo never disappoints. We got just what we wanted. The tableside prepared Caesar salad made to our preferences was a great choice. The banana pepper appetizer was not the usual, but very special and worth remembering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014Everyone and everything was spot on perfect as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been away for awhileGeo0104Dined on 5/16/2014Food was very good but missed some of the old favoritesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Lombardos!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/14/2014We have enjoyed dining at Lombardos on many occasions. The food and service are always excellent. We consider it one of our absolute favorites in the neighborhood. We always look forward to going there.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Very good food and extraordinary service. Although it was Mother's Day and the restaurant was crowded, food came in a reasonable time frame and noise (for a crowded room) was moderate. Our server brought more bread without asking, was friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. He couldn't have been any better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous RestaurantJoJoBDined on 5/11/2014Great place, Great food, service that goes above & beyond. We celebrated Mother's Day here, with the kids (ages 10 & 13). While is might not scream "kid-friendly", restaurant was very accommodating and we all had a great time. Table next to us managed had much younger children & managed just fine. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- Mothers DayKannikaDined on 5/11/2014Our family had a wonderful dinner. We can't thank the staff enough. Although busy , everyone went out of their way to make sure our day was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Ristorante Lombardo never disappoints you from the greeting to the service. Even on a busy Mother's Day, the guest never feels rushed. The food and service are always excellent. Mr. Lombardo is a very congenial host and that attitude is reflected in the staff. We always look forward to dining ther.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another excellent mealniagarariverfatmanDined on 5/11/2014We have been eating a Ristorante Lombardo every Mother's day for the past 3 to 4 years. We return because the food and service is very good and because my mother is Italian and enjoys good Italian food. We started our dinner with a couple of starter, the grilled octopus and a beet and avocado salad. The octopus was a little chewy but very tasty. The beet and avocado salad was excellent, and very interesting mixture of tastes and textures. For main courses my wife and my mother had the shrimp scampi and they said it was very good. I had their veal chop and it was perfect. Perfectly cooked, tender and moist, and not overwhelmed by any heavy sauces or herbs. All of us were very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italian GemBuffyBDined on 5/10/2014A charming upscale atmosphere where you are greeted by the owner and served by an attentive and courteous waitstaff. The food is excellent and the experience is special. My favorite dish is the Continental, a delicious combination of tender veal and shrimp served over capellini. Their caesar salad skillfully prepared table side is also terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 273 reviews are from the Ristorante Lombardo reviews archive.
- fantasticthekickisgoodDined on 4/25/2014Another great dinner at one of buffalo's best restaurants. The food and service are second to none. It always a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter DinnerKannikaDined on 4/20/2014Wonderful treat for our family including my 99 year old Mom. We all enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Gem of Hertel AvenueLeChatDined on 4/17/2014This is, by far, my favorite restaurant in Buffalo, and consistently in my top five list for food quality, service, presentation, and ambiance. The proprietor (Tom Lombardo) greets his guests warmly and personally when they enter and ushers them to their tables. The wait staff are friendly and knowledgeable, and attentive. This is Italian cuisine, with elegance, and the range of food and its presentation table-side are not your typical same-old same-old bill of fare. An extensive wine list, heavy on selections from Italy and Sicily (as it should be!), with a range of prices to fit most diners' budgets. I dine at this restaurant fairly regularly; I've never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedTheCriticDined on 4/12/2014High quality food paired with superb service makes this a restaurant where romantics and food lovers must dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Celebrate Life/FoodMariaMetroDined on 4/5/2014We just had a fantastic romantic dinner at Lombardo's! Food was excellent and service was exceptional! Although the place was packed, we still felt as though we were the only guests in the restaurant. They went out of their way to greet us at the door and made us feel like we were regulars! Would come back again...and become regulars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.