Ristorante La Perla of Washington
2600 Pennsylvania Ave., NW.
Washington, DC 20037Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Ristorante La Perla of Washington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.laperlaofwashington.com/
- Phone: 2023331767
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:30pm - 12:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Vittorio Testa
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Reserve your own Private Dining Room for any occasion. Please call Chef Vittorio Testa personally at 202.333.1767 and ask to reserve this special room. Based on availability.
- Private Party Contact: Vittorio Testa 2023331767
- Entertainment: Listen to a recorded variety of music all the time during business hours.
- Cross Street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
- Public Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer Valet Parking for a very low price at dinner. Street parking options are also available.
A word from Ristorante La Perla of Washington
The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpieces. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante La Perla of Washington reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (33)romantic (28)fit for foodies (25)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (15)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great experienceRt52Dined on 9/20/2014We came here for my mom's birthday dinner. As soon as we walked in, they knew who we were exactly from Opentable, and had out table already waiting. Amazing authentic Italian food, service, and they even gave us complimentary limoncello and tiramisu with a sparkler for my mom's birthday! She loved it and we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingChrisK70Dined on 9/18/2014We loved this place. Service was amazing. Some of the best food I've ever had. Literally the best Cheesecake I've ever had too. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for a quality night out. It's also a two minute taxi ride to the Kennedy Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigEVIPDined on 9/8/2014It's a must. Best Italian in DC. Perhaps in the country! Save room for the Kiss of Naples dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice dinner....GoNaBADined on 9/5/2014The food was good, the waiter attentive and the chef visited our table. And they did a nice job of helping celebrate my wife's birthday. Food was very good but not off the charts great. Wine list is marked up heavily price-wise. Tables are close so the waiters for adjacent tables had to bump empty chairs at our table every time they passed, knocking them into our legs. An enjoyable meal, all in all.Special Features:
- BlahNocookingathimeVIPDined on 8/27/2014Food disappointingly average. Service sloppy. Expected more by reputation. As good a meal can be had at any number of mid market Italian places. Light years behind Tosca or Cafe Milano
- Anniversary Keepsake will return'15mo2veeDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is our favorite for celebrating our anniversary. We will return next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good Food was goodLbocaDined on 8/16/2014I enjoyed the meal and service. A big broad menu with many specials.Special Features:
- ExcellentTBirdDined on 8/5/2014Wonderful from start to finish. Great for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Consistent ExcellencePaulineDined on 7/29/2014Throughout the years I've been a patron of the restaurant, La Perla has maintained consistency in its excellence of service and culinary art. Wether you drop in for a casual lunch with a friend or special dinner occasion with a group, the attention to the customer, the level of professionalism of the staff, the exquisite quality of the food, the classy, elegant, yet warm and relaxing atmosphere of the restaurant never fails. It is always consistent. There are many famous and world-renowned restaurants in Washington, D.C., but La Perla by far is the winner bar none. For those diners with food (esp. severe) allergies, La Perla chef Victor and the staff are exemplary in their care/accomodation and genuine understanding of this concern.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAndreaDined on 7/27/2014I had made a reservation and noted that it was our anniversary, requesting a private table. When we arrived, the host pointed out the table he had picked for us- it was left of the front door, away from the rest of the parties dining that evening and quiet. Our waiter was fantastic, answering any questions we had and attentive if we needed something. The food was INCREDIBLE and rivaled some of the food we had in Italy the year prior. The flavors were layered, complimentary and delicious. Chef Testa came out to greet us and ask about our meals; he was cordial and genuinely interested in our feedback. At the end of the meal, we were presented with tiramisu with a sparkler in it to celebrate. It was a nice touch. We will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantCasualDinerDined on 7/12/2014The food was excellent and they have a large selection of items. The service was great. Their dessert selections could be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always TerrificDougGVIPDined on 7/12/2014The food and service here are always great. The chef personally visited our table twice during the meal to be sure that we were completely satisfied with the food. The selection is wide and varied. Our chocolate cake at dessert was a little dry - our only minor complaint. Everything else was fabulous. I would definitely recommend the restaurant and will plan to return.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian in DCPBandJVIPDined on 7/12/2014In a city that really has an absence of concentrated, good Italian food, La Perla offers a nice change of pace and delicious and authentic Italian food. The food is rich, but so very delicious, so bring your appetites and enjoy the well paces and relaxed experience of simply enjoying food as Italian do. The service was great, wonderful recommendations, and the quality of the food was so remarkable, that I cannot think of another Italian restaurant that comes close in terms of taking a piece of Italy and transporting it to DC.Special Features:
- Chuck in FairfaxChuckVIPDined on 6/23/2014This was an important dinner meeting and the steak had to be sent back TWICE. Asked for medium and got well done. Asked for medium the second try and got rare. When I tipped the valet I gave him a 20. I asked for 10 back...got $2!
- Glad I went backDeeDeeBVIPDined on 6/19/2014Haven't been to La Perla in many years and am so glad I returned. The food is delicious, the service is outstanding, and the atmosphere allows for great, lingering conversations. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post-theater diningFormerFedVIPDined on 6/17/2014We dropped in after seeing "Side Show" at the Kennedy Center and were seated at a very good table overlooking Pennsylvania Avenue. She started with Clams Casino and I the onion soup. She was delighted by her Linguini Vittorio, especially after the chef himself came out to ask how she liked it. I got the sausage with with brocoli rape and found it very tasty. Our attentive waiter, Nemanja, brough her a chocolate dessert with a sparkler after he heard her mention that she was getting a cannoli to go as part of her month-long celebration of her birthday. The house-made orange infused liquer was so tasty that she tried to buy a bottle to go, but was thwarted by the liquor-license rules. We will return after future Kennedy Center plays.Special Features:
- La Perla - a great find for medinneroutDined on 6/13/2014It was my second time to La Perla. The whole experience was excellent. My only thoughtful comment might be on the religious display in the front - as a Catholic myself, I recognized those in the pictures - and question whether this is the best front display to put in a restaurant serving the general public. Excellent meal, Excellent service. I recommend big time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just As AdvertisedFined9erVIPDined on 6/7/2014A quick ride from The Willard - wait staff very attentive, food was super and ambience did not disappoint. My wife and one of our grown daughters and I did a long weekend and it was the perfect spot for a special/nice dining experience. Pastas were fresh and perfectly coked and my veal chop (offered off menu) was great. Absolutely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent placeMickDined on 6/7/2014We were in DC for the weekend with my parents and went to La Perla on Saturday night. We were a bit nervous as we had lived in Italy for 5 years and have not found a good Italian restaurant yet. However that changed last Saturday. The food was excellent the service amazing. We were even given limoncello after our meal! Definitely recommend it and we will go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 6/7/2014Interesting chef. Friendly and chatty. Home made ravioli. $6 valet parking. Wait staff quite goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 198 reviews are from the Ristorante La Perla of Washington reviews archive.
- Solid old school Italian-AmericanDunkerbeck2VIPDined on 5/31/2014A little cheesy decor but food is solid. Not great but solid.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/28/2014Varied menu; good food; great service. I would recommend this La Perla for a special occasion, holiday or quiet place to have a conversation over lunch. The wait staff is accommodating to requests and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 62 yearsmichelinVIPDined on 5/27/2014Perfect place to celebrate something special. The ambiance was wonderful. Food scrumptious..service could not be better. Owner and chef came to check although the meal. Waiter excellentSpecial Features:
- Good Food but PriceyHappyDinerVIPDined on 5/27/2014When the host knows your name before you enter the restaurant, that's great service. And that marked the night I was at Ristorante La Perla with a business colleague. The food was good, albiet a bit pricey. The chef came out to talk with the guests about their meals, which I found impressive. The service, overall, was outstanding.Special Features:
- Uninspired Servicetlccc2808VIPDined on 5/25/2014I have never had a waiter who had zero desire to provider service. Felt like we were at a Denny's restaurant not a fine restaurant which we had hoped for. Having the owner Chef come out to the table was classy and probably saved the dinner, food was ok to good but they really need to get the service staff trained, changed or both. Zero personality and with attitude, doesn't matter how good the food is, if the people serving it don't want to be there it wont matter. We asked for a table outside and was sat in great table, buss boy brought out table mats and utensils rolled out infront of me and a huge glob of tomato sauce staring back at me. I flipped the table cloth over to get a clean side and there was another one! Amazing
- Best around!ClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 5/24/2014Excellent food, excellent Service. This is the place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestJonSnowDined on 5/22/2014From the service walking in the door, to the delicious, well... everything on the menu. This place is one of the best kept secrets in all of DC. It's a great date spot and it's in a great location.Special Features:
- Viva La PerlacordjonesDined on 5/21/2014Having been to La Perla at least a dozen times previously as part of a large group, I am never disappointed by the quality of the food; the owner/chef, Viktor, is a genius. On this occasion in a small group, however, the service was inadequate: we had to remind the waiter to bring a salad; the wine didn't come until AFTER the main course was served. Little things. Overall, if one wants a truly exceptional meal, this is the restaurant to go to.Special Features:
- Good Classic ItaliannotlawdDined on 5/19/2014I highly recommend La Perla for dinner before going to the Kennedy Center. The location was easy to get to, yet nice and quiet with plenty of parking. I went for my anniversary and the wait staff was super accommodating and friendly. The food was very classic Italian, and they seemed open to slight substitutions as the only thing that is pre-made is the lasagna. The décor is fairly opulent, so this is a good spot for a romantic celebration, or for anyone that likes the "old school Washington" feel.Special Features:
- Great food, not-so-stellar serviceFood2DoDined on 5/16/2014Our dishes were all delicious, but unfortunately our waiter was inattentive. He didn't bring us bread until we asked (other tables got it with their water), and asked how the food tasted before we had even taken a bite. Check out the gnocchi with mushroom truffle cream sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!NikkiVIPDined on 5/11/2014Amazing food- so fresh. I love this restaurant.. It makes me feel like I am in Italy. I would eat here every night if I could!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedLuvEverythingVIPDined on 5/9/2014For years I have driven by this place and it looked busy. So finally with some friends I suggested we try it. We sat down and for at least 10 minutes mine showed up other than the menus and wine list. Then the owner comes over to talk and says you're pretty to one if the two woman. Just rude!! The bread comes to the table and the Italians bread tastes like some cheap brand I'd buy at a supermarket. The waiter comes after I motion him over. The 1/2 order is taken. When the appetizer comes we give the order. The mussels were nothing special with 3 pieces of shrimp. My veal bone was bland. Our friends said there's was so so. Never waste your time and I have to say we fine a lot at a strong number of 4 & 5 rated places.
- Something's missingpaigeappleVIPDined on 5/3/2014Le Perla was good, just not great. Food was fine, but waiters seemed pretty uninterested in the whole agenda. Not rude, but not engaged, either. With so many good Italian choices in the city, I probably wouldn't put this near the top.
- Great food, excellent serviceFoodAficionadoVIPDined on 4/29/2014Greeted by the chef, who's been at the restaurant for 40 years - works 7 days a week. Shows in his food. Amazing place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the price!CarpediemVIPDined on 4/27/2014While the food was very good, the prices seemed high compared to better looking restaurants -- this place is very "dated." The "artwork" on the walls (while that is personal taste -- but so is food) was distracting! To me the restaurant seemed a bit pretentious -- and they didn't have proper stemware to serve a rare Napa Cabernet that I brought from my cellar .
- very pleasantDCdinerVIPDined on 4/27/2014Had a lovely meal; very good food and ambiance. Service was attentive.Special Features:
- Ambience and Decor GreatrwvadocVIPDined on 4/26/2014I've been here several times and enjoy the decor and the atmoshere of the restaurant. Very beautiful decor. My meals have generally very good but my wife's Lobster Ravioli had a bit of a chemical taste which suggests that fresh lobster is not used in preparation? It is a busy friendly place and I will continue to go back.Special Features:
- Fabulous Experience!BretDined on 4/26/2014We were in town for the Nike Half-Marathon this past weekend, and had dinner with friends. We really appreciated how accommodating they were with disability. The food was phenomenal. We highly recommend the chicken parmesan. The valet parking was also inexpensive and very convenient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be sure to chat with the chefjanelexVIPDined on 4/25/2014The restaurant is lovely.I had the mushroom risotto which was truly made to order.it would have been really good if they had used a variety of mushrooms, rather than just plain white mushrooms with very little flavor. When the waiter asked about dessert, i asked him if they could make me plain Zabaione. The waiter's response was an immediate No. I was just commenting to my companion that his answer should have been "Let me ask the chef." At that moment, out of the kitchen comes this short, gray-haired man who had to be the chef! What a sweet man. I flash my nicest smile and ask him if he could make me some plain Zabaione. His answer: "Of course." We shake hands and I thank him. Not only do I get the perfect dessert, he never charged for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The pearlFoodie36Dined on 4/20/2014When we arrived the chef greeted us. The restaurant is beautiful with old world Italian charm. The service was impeccable, and every dish was delicious. Chef Testa's sauces were phenomenal - he put his heart and soul into every dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.