Ristorante La Locanda
4989 West Chester Pike
Edgemont, PA 19028Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante La Locanda
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lalocandapa.com/
- Phone: 6103537033x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Cardillo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Call and ask for Michael Buono for a consultation
- Private Party Facilities: Host your special event in one of our three private dining rooms.
La Cantina (up to 12 Guests)
New Room (up to 32 Guests)
Sun Room (up to 72 Guests, private bar)
- Private Party Contact: Michael Buono 6103537033x
- Entertainment: La Locanda features several theme nights each season, refer to the events page on the web site for more information.
- Special Events: La Locanda hosts several Wine Dinners each year. Please call for details, or you may join our mailing list on our website www.lalocandapa.com
A word from Ristorante La Locanda
Ristorante La Locanda specializes in regional Italian cuisine. La Locanda offers a wide variety of dishes from Whole Bronzino filleted table side to Certified Angus Ribeye Steaks, Lamb, Steaks & Chops, along with many Pasta, Chicken & Veal dishes to choose from. There is something for everyone at La Locanda.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante La Locanda reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (39)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (29)romantic (19)notable wine list (16)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (12)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)hot spot (2)Show More
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014I have been here many time before but everything came together really well. Food, service, everything was exceptional !Special Features:
- reds1007VIPDined on 10/17/2014Makes you think you're in Italy. Excellent Bronzino special with many other delicious entrees and many waiters with ties to Italian heritage.Special Features:
- MAGNIFICOPadreGiovanniVIPDined on 10/12/2014I was recently in Malvern to give a retreat to 40 some deacons and their wives when I discovered La Locanda on Sunday afternoon. Being Italian (Sicilian), I must have my macaroni on the weekend. La Locanda is an excellent gem. Terrific food (highly recommend the beef carpaccio and the linguine con vongole) and the service is superb. Homemade recipes and done with the same attention to detail that you expect in Italy when visiting the homeland. Nicely decorated and nice menu. Owner came out to say hello which is always a plus. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Monthly wine tasting also so make plans ahead of time to frequent this goldmine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive food and bad serviceDiningReviewDined on 10/11/2014We had a reservation for 7:15 pm and had to wait 20-30 minutes. The bar area was loud and crowded and though the owner was present, the seater was not able to help us at all. The typical price of a full meal is $35, which is ridiculous for all but the finest restaurants, which this place is NOT. The service was slow and the food was pedestrian, and extremely overpriced. Mediocre food, overpriced, crowded and bad service. What's not to like?
- Food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014We all enjoyed our entrees and there was plenty to pick from. The chunky sauce on the gnocchi was spectacular. The only complaint we had was that the food was a little bit salty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- vemersonDined on 10/11/2014tasty, prompt service, quiet background. a candle on our table would have been nice. would hope good well cooked selections are continued.Special Features:
- Tasty treatSamiDined on 10/8/2014LaLaconda was quite a treat for a dinner with friends with six people. The waiter was fun and recommended some great dishes. it was a little slow and asking for drinks was ignored a couple of times, but a reminder got it going. The food was good too. I would return for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyfoodYummyfoodDined on 10/4/2014La Locanda Ristorante has never disappointed us. We had a lovely dinner with prompt, curteous service despite a crowded restaurant. We never feel rushed and enjoy the atmosphere of a historic home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/3/2014Have been to this restaurant several times. They were very accommodating, seated me at my requested table and their food never fails. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- the inn placejrzgirlDined on 9/19/2014how nice to be greeted by the owner. he urged us to at least look at the luncheon buffet which had quite a variety of foods. we opted instead to order from the menu. the screpplle soup was served hot and the noodles laced with cheese floated to the surface. it definitely had an old world quality to it. my entrée was fettucine Bolognese. the noodles were cooked perfectly and the sauce had a sweet taste, just enough, not overload. we shared a dessert of tiramisu. it had to be one of the best ever it was served I a small bowl the consistency of air or a very moussey mousse. we were scraping the sides of the bowl. we didn't want it to end,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd visit this week!JayfromHermosaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Just as good this time as last. Veal Chop prepared perfectly. Juicy with a perfect grill crust! Great menu and great specials!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best yet in Philly area!JayfromHermosaVIPDined on 9/16/2014Visiting from California and saw this place while driving and decided to give it a try. What a great choice. Had the best Veal Chop ever! My wife had the Branzino which was boned table side and brother-in-law had the soft shell crab. All three were prepared perfectly and delicious. Excellent menu and inventive specials. This place is a must visit. It was so good we are going back again tonight.Special Features:
- Second time a charmfishwidow1Dined on 9/13/2014We tried La Locanda again and it was very good. We were there in April and I wasn't impressed. We arrived about a half hour before our reservation and we were able to get a seat at the small bar. Most people arriving were dressed up. There were a few in shorts, we had jeans on. The whole time we were there we only saw one child. Once seated at the table the service was very good. Our waiter was friendly, quick, and had a great sense of humor. The food was delicious this time. I had a filet mignon that was fantastic. 5 out of 6 of us totally enjoyed their meal. They did run out of certain desserts which was disappointing but all in all it was a nice night out. It cost us $120 per couple, that is including drinks, tax and tip.Special Features:
- Nice neighborhood restaurantMidge713Dined on 9/13/2014Food is always good quality and the service is top notch. Friendly wait staff, knowledgeable about all items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!JettyDined on 9/12/2014Our group eats out once a month and La Laconda was suggested. Wow, what a suggestion! The food was truly outstanding. The service was friendly and VERY knowledgable. We were seated in a remodeled room and it was just us for the majority of the time so we talked and laughed and didn't feel we were disturbing anyone. The HUGE TV with the scenic views of Italy were breathtaking! Our group will definitely be back! No question!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best veal chopunclefrankVIPDined on 9/6/2014The food here just gets better and better. I had the best veal chop I have had in a long, long time. I also particularly like the horseradish sauce that comes with the oysters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real Italian FoodRestaurantloverVIPDined on 9/4/2014This place is the real deal. Every dish is superb, especially the bolognese. Many of the waiters are true Italians, as are the owners. They care about what they put on your table and it shows. Prices are also very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good night out with familyNSQdinerDined on 8/31/2014the usual good food. I go very often and service is usually good. this time, (Sunday, Labor day weeknd) the Service was not to the usual good level.Special Features:
- FrankDined on 8/29/2014This is one of the best Italian restaurants in Delaware Co. We love to eat here particularly when we have special occasions.Special Features:
- Rich West ChesterRichWestChesterDined on 8/29/2014We had a great meal. The food was outstanding and the wait staff was very attentive to our needs. I would recommend La Locanda for a great dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian food and service.TellitlikeitisDined on 8/25/2014Second time there, and hust as good. Forget the typical neighborhood pizza joint. This is authentic Italian food at it's very best. Flavorful and well balanced dishes any chef should be proud of. Service was exceptional. Our waiter was knowledgeable, and his suggestions were spot on. I will absolutely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT MEALSullyVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful meal, with excellent service! All four in the party raved aboput the food and service.Special Features:
- Like Dining with FamilygcnphillyDined on 8/21/2014My family dined here for the first time in honor of my wife's b-day. Staff was so warm and welcoming. Made us feel right at home. Food and service were outstanding. Be mindful of the homemade Limoncello - super tasty but packs a punch. :) I've been to Italy several times and the dining experience at La Laconda was just like eating in one of the neighborhood restaurants I enjoyed during my travels.Special Features:
- LaLocandaWC59VIPDined on 8/12/2014Hard not to have a great meal here. Mario or Franco or Michael are usually there to greet you and to be sure that everything is as it should be. The food is excellent and the specials are great. We go at least once a week.Special Features:
- Dinner at La LocandaBTGirlVIPDined on 8/10/2014Dinner and service was wonderful! The owners of the restaurant are lovely also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding experienceHahndocVIPDined on 8/8/2014Wonderful on all levels. Great food service and overall experience. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- choosydinerDined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here several times and the food has been reliably good. The menu is extensive with a range of pricing appropriate to the dish. Fresh fish and veal chop are on the pricier side but are also very delicious. Quite a few specials are generally offered. I'd highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!mdswDined on 8/1/2014We asked for a quiet place to eat. When we arrived, the bar area was packed and active; we were concerned about the noise level. However, we were seated in a wonderfully scenic room with only two other tables. The waiter was entertaining and excellent. Everything that we ordered was delicious. It was a great night with friends enjoying conversation and an exceptional meal with every single plate that came to the table - from appetizers to deserts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant SurpriseANENVIPDined on 7/27/2014Wonderful service by Peter! Food was top of the line, fresh and delish! A memorable birthday celebration...will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindNotCookingDined on 7/25/2014Our first trip here and it was a pleasant surprise. Our waiter named Tony was wonderful - friendly, professional and not overly attentive. The food was prepared just right and presented beautifully. We are planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WC59VIPDined on 7/23/2014Massimo was our server and did a fantastic job. Franco, an owner, was present and friendly. The food was hot and delicious as always. There were plenty of specials to augment the usual menu items which are great.Special Features:
- EatWellVIPDined on 7/20/2014This is a great place for a special occasion! They go out of their way to make it special.Special Features:
- Another great experience !!!JohnDined on 7/11/2014La Locanda remains a great restaurant attraction for all. Great cuisine, wine, ambiance and sevice. Our waiter Paulo was especially good.Special Features:
- La LocondaDiningDined on 7/1/2014Overall our night was pleasant. We were there to celebrate my birthday. Main issue-service was very slow. My husband received the wrong meal. It was taken back and replaced immediately, BUT once tasted, it was obvious the meal must have been sitting (it was cold and kind of dried out looking). By then I was done my meal and the other 2 people with us were almost done so my husband said to just leave it. The manager (we assume) came out and asked my husband to let them send out another meal and promised it would be right. My husband agreed and the meal was perfect (but by then the other 3 of us were done). The restaurant did provide a glass of wine on the house - but really his dinner should have been on the house.
- Unhappy2serveDined on 6/30/2014Good choice for a friendly Meet up. Menu is eclectic And interestingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LaLocanda RestaurantNonnaDined on 6/28/2014We have been to LaLocanda's on a few occasions. One of the nice things about this restaurant is that they do not pack you in like sardines. The food was very good and the service excellent. I had penne alla vodka and my husband had angel hair pasta with crabmeat. Both were very tasty and myself being a person who likes my "pasta" definitely aldente, I could not ask for a better firmness. I would recommend this restaurant as a nice night out. The prices were what you would expect ranging from 17.00 upwards to 39.00/ entrée.Special Features:
- The following 463 reviews are from the Ristorante La Locanda reviews archive.
- gardensdinesDined on 6/21/2014Casual restaurant - good food - service a bit slow but OKSpecial Features:
- Mario and Franco take care of you!JB22VIPDined on 6/20/2014A wonderful experience as always. No wonder they've won so many Best of the Main Line awards from Main Line Today magazine. From their kitchen, bar and wait staff - always a treat. Popped in for a late night dinner before a movie on Saturday night. Enjoyed the clams white and two of their always spot on original pasta dishes. Don't hesitate to return to this classic Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Gem of a placePattyDined on 6/20/2014Went here to celebrate my 77th birthday and my husbands 83rd birthday. The place is lovely. A wonderful menu and served beautifully. The thing that impressed us most is the friendly servers. They interact with patrons and seemed to know repeat customers. Our server was Michel and he certainly made our day special. We can't wait to go again and introduce our family to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for a business lunchLorenDined on 6/18/2014Not crowded for mid-week lunch, so great for a business discussion where fairly quiet, good food and prompt service/discrete service is key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.