1710 29th Street,
Boulder, CO 80301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ristorantel.com/
- Phone: 3034421300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 a.m. -9:00 p.m..
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Happy hour is available in the bar, daily from 3:00 p.m.-close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Sicilian
- Executive Chef: Sakima Isaac
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have a large private room with a 75 person capacity. It may be divided into two, for smaller parties. It contains a large HD TV that may be hooked up for presentations.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Stagg (303) 442-1300
A word from Ristorante L
Featuring classic and contemporary Italian cuisine from executive chef Sakima Isaac. We use the highest quality local-organic ingredients, as well as exciting and unique Italian imports. At The L, we demonstrate our commitment to culinary excellence and responsible sourcing by using whole local grass-fed cows from Saw Hill Farm, Long Farm pigs, and Wisdom Farm chickens. We pride ourselves not only on using day boat fish, but on our use of sustainably caught wild fish, and only the very best quality farmed fish. Our bakery produces breads, pastas, and desserts in-house, by hand, using organic ingredients. Compliment your meal with one of over 350 unique wines from our award wining list.Continued
Join us tonight for dinner, and enjoy a remarkable dining experience. Boulder's best Happy Hour is available in the wine bar everyday from 3 pm until close.
Join us tonight for dinner, and enjoy a remarkable dining experience. Boulder's best Happy Hour is available in the wine bar everyday from 3 pm until close.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante L reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great Food, Not So Great ServiceVisitor2BoulderVIPDined on 6/1/2013The food was very good. The Chicken Ravioli was the best that I have ever had. Although at 8:00PM on a Saturday evening they were out of 2 of the food specials. Service was a problem. Asked 3 times for lemon to go into the water. Never got bread and when brought to the attention of the Manager there was still none brought to the table. The decor of the place was very warm with great penient/ceiling lights. Perfect location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miss the old LaudisioMitchDined on 5/28/2013Same atmosphere but not the same restaurant by a long stretch. Dinner began well and ended well but the salad and entres left something to be desired. Menu was too eclectic - we know Italian food but had to google several unfamiliar words.
- Food yes, Service NOOOOOO.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2013Won't return. We read about time issues so were scared to try L as we were trying to make a movie. We sat to eat at 630 though with a movie at 810. The food was timed perfectly so props to the chef, however, our waiter was HORRIBLE. He was a gentleman prob in his 30's and while you'd think that would make him seasoned in the service industry he couldn't handle the amount of tables he had apparently. We were forgotten about and as I was once in the industry we waited patiently but after 20 minutes without even a look our way (hadn't even been asked if we wanted dessert) my husband finally took him our card personally. Manger walked by several times and noticed but did nothing. The water guy should have been our waiter! FYI missed the movie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meh....OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013Service was sub-par. Food was good. Probably won't go back soon.... We spent $350 for 5 people.
- Outstanding!KelKapDined on 5/17/2013Wonderful restaurant. Great food and an amazing wine list. Staff is very professional and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was incredibly slow.smallGrpDined on 5/14/2013Service was incredibly slow. It was well over an hour before we even received our order. We had to ask for refills on our drinks. Air conditioning was on full blast - even hot food quickly got cold because of it.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/12/2013Whenever we need a place for a celebration - birthdays, mother'd day's graduations, anything, we go there, and they never let us down.Special Features:
- One of Our FavoritesAMartellaDined on 5/12/2013One of our favorite restaurants in Boulder ~ never disappointed. Food is always yummy and service is always good. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I took the family here forBillDined on 5/10/2013I took the family here for a postgraduation lunch. We were seated quickly. Waitstaff was very friendly and helpful. Menu met everyone's tastes. The food was very good. Overall, a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2013The food was great but on my reservation I had requested attention for daughter's Birthday. When they brought the check I had to spoil the the surprise by having to remind the waiter of the birthday. This was very disappointing. :-(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingColoradoGregDined on 5/7/2013We have often dined at their predecessor restaurant, Laudisio's, and were invariably satisfied. This time, the change was dramatic. The peripheral food items (bread and fried calamari appetizer) were fine, but our seafood entree courses were very disappointing. We won't return any time soon.
- The Restaurant was prettyMarkDined on 5/6/2013The Restaurant was pretty empty, but a band was playing that made it hard to have a conversation. Food was average, but since there were not many people in the place, the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Too noisy. The dishes cameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2013Too noisy. The dishes came up slow. Foods were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2013The food was very good and exceeded our expectations. The service was above average, The whole experience was great and we will return.Special Features:
- We had a great time, the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013We had a great time, the food was awesome. The server Adam was great. We will be back.Special Features:
- Went here for a date, andNewlyengagedDined on 4/18/2013Went here for a date, and had a lovely evening, with all we could desire for about $150 (appetizers, bottle of wine, mains, and dessert)! AMAZING Italian wine list. Our waiter hovered over us/may have been too helpful, but that is better than the other end of the spectrum. I would totally recommend Ristorante LSpecial Features:
- food was very good along withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2013food was very good along with the ambiance. we were seated right on time. nice table with adequate spacing from the next table. the only issue was that the server was a little high strung. we felt liked we were being talked down to the entire evening. made a very nice experience a little less so.
- The food was delicious; however,cynful1Dined on 4/13/2013The food was delicious; however, the noise level was very high by the time we left at 6:30pm. When the weather is warm enough to sit outside, the view of the Flatirons is nice.Special Features:
- The food was pretty good butALopezDined on 4/6/2013The food was pretty good but the service was the opposite. The waitress we had was rarely in the vicinity of our table. Although I liked the good the service really put a damper on the night.Special Features:
- overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2013The food was good, but it didn't stand up to the price charged. We were charged $12 for a salad that was really nothing. It was supposed to come with candied walnuts, and it had no nuts at all. When asked, they brought plain ones. We paid $80 plus tip for a so-so meal. Good, but not worth that much money.
- Ristorante L is one of myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Ristorante L is one of my favorite restaurants. It has a good selection of fresh foods for the health conscious. The food is nicely prepared and presented. I especially like the Boulder Polenta.Special Features:
- Commercial level of serviceHugsDined on 3/12/2013Commercial level of service and food. Some dishes are ok while others have that mass-produced quality about them. Service starts out appropriate but it's all about the money rather than making relationships with the clients. We won't be back.
- food was fine but a bit overOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2013food was fine but a bit over priced. could have been betterSpecial Features:
- Good food but lacking serviceJenSDined on 3/8/2013The food was spectacular! Cheese, wine, pasta, salmon, dessert... The service was lacking. We had to ask for bread and more wine (traditionally service should ask you).Special Features:
- We are new residents of BoulderOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013We are new residents of Boulder County. First trip to the L was for lunch, Saturday, 2/23. The restaurant is very elegant in its decor and ambiance. Lunch food was delicious. On March 4th, we decided that this was the place to take our friends, a couple from Tucson, for a nice dinner. Our reservation was for 6:30. We were seated promptly at the table of our choice. My wife ordered the Margurita pizza and Caeser salad, both delicious. Our lady friend ordered Caneloni and loved it. Her husband and I ordered the seafood special, linguine with scallops and other assorted seafoods. It was extremely bland and not tasty at all. The noise level in the restaurant was high and that was before the jazz band started.Special Features:
- I have enjoyed RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/27/2013I have enjoyed Ristorante L since the days it was Laudisio's. I eat here often for business lunches and dinners because the food is uniformly very good, and the service and ambiance is professional. In warm weather the outdoor seating area is pleasant. I recommend Ristorante L.Special Features:
- We took advantage of the DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013We took advantage of the Denver Restaurant Week specials and our food was very good. The Restaurant was busy, so it took a few minutes for us to meet our server, but it moved well from there. The pepper grinder seemed to be out of pepper and the mushroom entrée was a bit cold, but the duck was very good, as were all the other aspects of the dinner.Special Features:
- Very friendly hostess butOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/15/2013Very friendly hostess but thereafter the service was a bit disappointing. All our food was excellent except the bottle of white wine was served warm. Maybe our server had too many other tables to contend with and so we were bit ignored.
- We used to enjoy L'AudisioLandoDined on 2/14/2013We used to enjoy L'Audisio all the time and it was a great place for special occasions. However, this past experience under the new name, Ristorante L was not as good. The appetizer came right after the entrees. The server was very nice about it and took it off the bill. I am glad because it was calamari and much too chewy for my taste. The meal was OK. My husband got pork belly and pork loin (which he had eaten there a year prior and loved) and I got a seafood pasta plate. For the price, the food was not worth it. At $30 a plate or more I expect delicious food and what I got was TGI Fridays. On a positive note, the salad with candied pecans and blue cheese crumbles was very tasty.
- Valentines dateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013My boyfriend and I went for valentines day and had a beautiful evening. Our waiter was attentive and very helpful. We usually don't receive very great treatment because we are a 19 year old couple, but this was excellent. We will absolutely be returningSpecial Features:
- Terrible ambiance, but decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013My fiance and I went here for Valentine's Day. The server was incredibly nice and probably the best part of the experience, but the hostesses were rude. The tables were so packed that we had another couple within a foot on either side of us. Everyone could hear each other's conversation and there was nothing romantic or intimate about it. The food was good, but not for the lack of personal space. We know it was a holiday and expected it to be crowded, but I've seen Valentine's Day done much better at other restaurants.Special Features:
- The service was terrible -OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013The service was terrible - we had to ask for a waiter after waiting 15 minutes and he seemed rushed. We did not see him much after that and two hours later we finally paid the bill (with a 6 year old). The food was not very good - its too bad they moved and changed the menu - the old restaurant on Iris was much better. We will head back to either Pasta Jays or Carellis - which has great service and good food.
- Great Food But No PrivacyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013The food is great and the staff is friendly and quick. The tables are really close together though so it's tough to have a romantic dinner there.Special Features:
- We have had several good experienceduffyDined on 2/14/2013We have had several good experiences at the L (formerly Laudisio). Our experience for lunch on Valentine's Day did not meet the high standards we have experienced in the past. The server was forgetful and the vegetable (kale) was very tough--inedible.. The server explained that they were short-handed, so I hope this was just a glitch as we appreciate their accommodation for gluten-free dining and the usual quality of service and food.
- We had an enjoyable meal,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2013We had an enjoyable meal, but the restaurant was very noisy. We had a tough time hearing our waiter.Special Features:
- Creative, fresh Italian foodMandKDined on 2/2/2013I've becoming to this restaurant for years, whether it was called "Laudisio" or "Ristorante L." I've gone there for business dinners, romantic dinners and family dinners. They've never let me down. The service is always warm, friendly and very professional. The menu always presents many options - making it difficult to choose but sure to please. And the food is always fresh, creative, original, well-presented and delicious. I'm sure I'll be back again soon!Special Features:
- Very slow service. Our orderOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/1/2013Very slow service. Our order was bungled by the kitchen. This is a very loud restaurant.
- Not the sameOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/26/2013Been here a few times when it was Laudisio for lunch and dinner. Each time the food & service was good. This last visit was a special occasion for two, which was noted when making reservation. Location was 50% full yet seated in the middle of dining area around noisy large tables. Waiter seemed shattered, dry and repeatedly had to be told drink, food order, desert menu. There was always a 7-10 min lapse between water, drinks, dinner order, etc... They were out of some of the items in daily special. Overall, fair-poor visit for the price. Food was alright but not worth the 30min drive to Boulder.
- Lost their edgeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/24/2013I ordered a glass of Italian wine. When I got near the bottom of the glass, I got a mouthful of crystallized sediment. I told the waitress I was a bit grossed out and ordered a different wine. I was surprised they were unapologetic and charged me for both glasses. Not a customer service oriented place. Food took a long time to come and was just o.k. There are better options foe Itaian in Boulder. They've been around a long time and lost their edge.Special Features:
- It doesn't disappoint andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/11/2013It doesn't disappoint and has consistently been good.Special Features: