4800 Line Ave., Bldg A
Shreveport, LA 71106Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantegiuseppe.com/
- Phone: 3188694548
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Brucia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Music every Friday and Saturday Night starting at 7pm featuring Jazziana
A word from Ristorante Giuseppe
By the age of ten, Giuseppe Brucia was attending culinary school on Palermo, Sicily. Graduating at the age of thirteen from Instituto Alberghiero Profesionale, he served as apprentice at Bagutta Ristorante in Milan. With his long family tradition and superb culinary training, Chef Giuseppe began his lifelong culinary career quickly becoming an award-winning chef in Italy and later in the United States. In the last thirty six years, Giuseppe's has elevated the art of authentic Mediterranean cuisine in Shreveport-Bossier City. His inspiration and accomplishments have culminated in the creation of Ristorante Giuseppe an experience that celebrates casual dining with family and friends together with the graceful art of cooking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Ristorante Giuseppe - Best Restaurants in Shreveport ›
Ristorante Giuseppe reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (27)romantic (25)good for groups (15)neighborhood gem (14)notable wine list (13)fit for foodies (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)great for outdoor dining (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fine dining-Moderately pricedkatnoliDined on 8/20/2014I am a repeat customer of this restaurant. Originating from NY, I was used to excellent Italian food. The food at Giuseppe's is fabulous and authentic. It is a relaxed atmosphere but formal in all their procedures. I would definitely recommend the meat and cheese platter with a glass of wine.Special Features:
- South Highland JewelBobbyVIPDined on 8/15/2014Ristorante Giuseppe is a fantastic restaurant in the middle of South Highland. The Italian food is great and always fresh. The staff are friendly and professional. The building is beautiful. I love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding anniversaryBigLDined on 8/9/2014Great entrees & view of kitchen; excellent wine choice recommendation; table layout is excellent; will be back to listen to musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/7/2014Great experience beginning when you enter the foyer and not ending until you leave. Great service and great foodSpecial Features:
- beyond excellentbrierwoodDined on 7/26/2014Without question the finest dining experience in Shreveport/BossierSpecial Features:
- A wonderful eveningtwillyDined on 7/23/2014As expected, the food was delicious to the palate and very pleasing in its presentation. The service was very attentive.Special Features:
- Good food, Good time.JosephDined on 7/21/2014Found this place through a co-worker one day. Beautiful ambiance in the restaurant as well as friendly and attentive staff. Our waiter, Randy, albeit new, could have used a few more rounds with the menu in terms of knowing the different foods and wines on the menu. Other than that, he was always friendly, kind and absolutely a pleasure to have around. The eggplant parmigiana was very good, nice size portion and filling. On the other hand, the quail was nothing to rave home about. The bird itself was cooked perfectly, unfortunately the crab meat stuffed inside tasted as if from a can and took away from the flavor. The risotto was great and the wine selection was plenty. Would definitely go again and recommend to a friend.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014The food was good but not great for the price. The service was great except that after we paid the bill, we sat and talked a while and the waitstaff never came by to re-fill our water glasses.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014Great to see that this restaurant has meeting rooms and ample table space for large meetings! This is something that will benefit our Company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shreveport"s outstanding restaurantProfessionalDined on 7/17/2014This restaurant is one of Shreveport's most impressive restaurants. Our out of town guests from a large city was most impressed with this restaurant. Not only with the food but with the ambience also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!oldschooldinerDined on 7/10/2014The service was great, our waitress made the whole experience very pleasant. The stuffed quail and the lamb medallions in raspberry sauce were perfection!Special Features:
- Sunday LunchTMKADined on 5/18/2014We had reservations for 6 people and then had an extra person show up. The waitresses were very accommodating. The food was wonderful and the service was great! A month or so before we had all been to another restaurant in town and the experience was terrible. This Sunday totally changed our guest outlook on places to eat in Shreveport. To put a spin on this, it may be the last time that we see some of these people. Most of them live in California. Now, we will have fond memories of our last experience together.Special Features:
- Missing basic elementsBrooksDined on 5/17/2014Duck breast should be medium rare, not well done. The skin should be shatteringly crispy, and yet, I'm not sure there even was skin. The sauce tasted good but there was way too much and it was watery. The vegetables were inconsistently cut making some over-cooked and some under-cooked. The flavors were there, but the dish was missing those basic tenants of culinary expertise. The veal scaloppine suffered from similar issues. The meat was soggy as if it had been sitting in the liquid for hours. If it were fresh, the crust could have stayed relatively crispy. Although I'm doubt the crust was ever crispy judging by its grey color. The veal was also over-cooked, taking on a liver flavor. Again, sauce was thin and there was too much of it.Special Features:
- Terrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/9/2014Went for anniversary and was rushed by lazy waitstaff. Service was awful, food was mediocre at best. Go with The Village, Monjunis, or others.Special Features:
- The following 96 reviews are from the Ristorante Giuseppe reviews archive.
- Thursday night treasure.BourbonVIPDined on 5/1/2014My wife and I have found Thursday night at Giuseppe's to be like our own private restaurant. The servers are attentive and careful and personal. The food this past evening was just how we like it. We even learned a bit about Italian wine. See you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so greatGourmetDivaVIPDined on 4/26/2014We frequent Ristorante Giuseppe several times a month. Our last two visits haven't been as wonderful as we had hoped. Service remains very good and the staff is most friendly. However, the food has been somewhat disappointing on our last few visits. Quality has slipped and the preparation of our food hasn't been a let down. I hope this isn't a trend for this neighborhood gem as we have really been enjoying our visits up until recently.Special Features:
- NiceLuv2dineDined on 4/18/2014This place can be romantic , however bar and live music area was too loud and bleed over into dining area where nice piano music was. On top food great taste and fast. Waiter could have been a little more on top of his game. We had to ask a few times for the same thing before receiving it. Also didn't know much about the menu. It was our first time and we asked for recommendations. He had a hard time with this. Overall it was good just expected a little more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant eveningDancemedDined on 4/12/2014We recently took my daughter and her boyfriend for dinner. We sat on the patio and enjoyed our dinner and drinks. Three hours passed and it was such a pleasant experience. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to forgetBigfishDined on 4/12/2014We visited the restaurant for the first time as a 50th birthday celebration for my cousin. There was six of us and it took 2 hours and 45 minutes without any drinking of alcohol. The waiter was consistently slow to include taking our order, bringing us our food, offering us dessert, and bringing our check. I rarely complain about a restaurant experience but this one was horrible!Special Features:
- Probably not again...JessDined on 4/11/2014I reserved on Open table and put that it was a birthday. I even called to confirm that it was a birthday, we were out of town and asked if there was anything I needed to do. They didn't say anything so I assumed he would gets one recognition for his birthday. I waited until the end and they just handed me the bill. So disappointed. I will not drive from Dallas to come to this restaurant for a special occasion. Especially when I called to confirm if I needed to do anything.Special Features:
- Fresh PastaVIPOTVIPDined on 4/9/2014Really enjoyed the homemade pasta. Salad was great, but a bit too much dressing. Loved my waitress, Jean. She made some great recommendations. Wish I would have ordered the soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday spotOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2014We came for dinner to celebrate my birthday and had a wonderful time. The food was prepared the way we ordered and our waitress was very attentive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancedoug50sDined on 4/4/2014Dining was quiet and romantic but I fear the quiet aspect was due to few diners. The wait staff (Paige) was VERY knowledgeable and answered questions about items on the menu with confidence. She knew her stuff!! I would rate this as a very pleasant dining experience that will be repeated in the near future.Special Features:
- Another wonderful eveningGourmetDivaVIPDined on 3/22/2014Love Ristorante Giuseppe. We enjoyed another lovely evening at this wonderful dining establishment. Our dinner was prepared well and service was good. Our only complaint was the evening specials were the same as previous weekends. The chef needs to step up and get a little more creative. For us frequent customers, hearing the same specials every weekend gets a bit boring. Otherwise, our dinner was very good and the staff is always at it's best.Special Features:
- Well Done!!!!!bucketDined on 3/20/2014Had a large group--10. Service was great, food timely and good!!!! Price was excellent for the product!!!!!! Very Pleased!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/15/2014The service and atmosphere was outstanding!! We loved that part of it. However, the food was just average. It was very fresh, but average. We both thought that both of our meals were rather bland. It definitely needed more spices to give it flavor. My husband had the fish, and I had the lasagna. We had the souflee for dessert. All very, very bland. The chesse platter for an appetizer and the wine were the highlights of our food. The waiter was awesome, and the atmosphere was great! Unfortunately, we probably would not go back again because the food was just mediocre.Special Features:
- True Italian foodGreatDined on 3/14/2014The food was fresh and vibrant.The service was outstanding, down to earth and funny. Our waiter was Tanner. I had the Alaska cod in a lemon butter sauce with capers with vegetables. oh yeah the Caesar wedge salad great !perfect salad to dressing ratio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous againGourmetDivaVIPDined on 3/8/2014Shreveport doesn't offer a great variety of gourmet destinations. We love Ristorante Giuseppe because, it does remind us of a big city fine restaurant. Food is very good and the service is always at it's best. Hopefully, they will change the menu to offer it's frequent patrons more of a variety as the season changes. The only drawback would be the nightly specials are always the same and for repeat patrons it does get a bit mundane.Special Features:
- Outstanding Seafood.SWLASeafoodLoverDined on 2/22/2014I am a transplant from SW Louisiana, as is my wife. I have often commented that even at the pricier Shreveport restaurants they always seem to overcook shrimp. That certainly was not the case at Giuseppe's. From beginning to end our meal was top-notch, well-timed, and pleasing to the eye. Our service was above par and we were both incredibly pleased with the experience.Special Features:
- great choice!dianafranklinDined on 2/22/2014found this restaurant on tripadvisor. had great ratings, & they did not disappoint! we got the lasagna & a steak. we both thought they were the best we'd ever had! we were seated immediately when we walked in, in a room that looked into the kitchen, so we could see the chefs prepare our food. when we sat down, our waiter came over & lit the candle on our table. i got an in-house infused pomegranate martini to drink. it had a good flavor, but was a little too strong for me. the price was about what you'd expect from a nice restaurant like this. the steak, which was a special, was $30 & my lasagna was $13. as we were walking out, we heard a live band playing in the bar that was good, & we waited out on the patio for our cab. highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a spaghetti storeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Classic Italian food. Decent (Italian) wine list. Great place to impress a date. So dress nice. Weekend reservations, for evenings is a must. The bar is available, for more casual wear or evening, plus outside sitting. It is not abar for power drinking. Just a nice low key bar, with live music on weekends. We were there on a date nite. Was well served, just enough, by wait staff. ( I hate, when staff is over attending.) Lamb was cooked, medium-rare and correct. Wife's snapper was, not over cooked. Sides were yummy. While, there a cheaper places to eat spaghetti. This is a fine dining place. We will definitely go back, next time in Shreveport.Special Features:
- Cuisine has improvedGourmetDivaVIPDined on 2/7/2014We have become a fan of Ristorante Giuseppe. A couple years ago, we really didn't care for the cuisine. We decided to try it again and were very surprised how the cuisine and service has improved. Our dinner was delicious, the quality was very nice and most of all the price of our dinner was very reasonable. We will frequent the restaurant and enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- KitchenluvfoodDined on 2/7/2014It was great to be able to watch the Chief Giuseppe and his crew prepare our meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in the heart of ShreveportOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/15/2014Restaurante Guisseppeis is truly a gem among the many good restaurants on Line Avenue. The wait staff is superb and the food is five star. Always a good time when we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/10/2014Went there for our Anniversary and everything was delicious and service was pleasant.Special Features:
- consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/2/2014Another fine night of dining at Guisseppe's. From the hostess to the bus boys to the waiter (Jacob), everyone greets you with a smile. The food is outstanding, the ambiance is first class, and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- 1st time here....WONDERFUL.DustyDined on 12/28/20131st time here....WONDERFUL. I loved the atmosphere, server was helpful and friendly, and food was outstanding. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We dine here often when visitingfoodaholicVIPDined on 12/26/2013We dine here often when visiting Shreveport. Food and service was not as good as usual. However enjoyed our evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reunion of friendsRepeatcustomerDined on 12/21/2013I have eaten at this restaurant several times with my family. When it was decided that my friends wanted to celebrate Christmas together we chose Ristorante Giuseppe as the place to go as we had done before last year! We were not disappointed in the least! The food, the service, and the atmosphere was absolute perfection!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceCanadaysDined on 12/17/2013The server was fantastic. She knew all the details of the menu and constantly kept us satisfied. The food was delicious as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.