Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
235 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dongiovannis.com/
- Phone: 6509619749
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon request - contact us for details and pricing! Experienced corporate catering to large events.
- Special Events: Turkey Earthquake Relief Benefit Dinner - November 13th at 6:30PM - $55 per person Includes delightful menu, free bottle of wine for every pair of tickets sold. All proceeds go directly to victims of the earthquake via the Kurdish-American Cultural Center. Please help the people of Turkey! --- FREE Thanksgiving Day Dinner All day Thanksgiving, from 11AM to 4PM, no reservations, first come first served.
- Cross Street: Villa
- Public Transit: One block from Downtown Mountain View Caltrain and Light Rail station. VTA bus lines 34, 35, 51 and 52 stop at the Villa and Castro intersection.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is readily available. Public parking lots and street parking is available behind the restaurant and on surrounding streets.
A word from Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
Ristorante Don Giovanni welcomes you to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine on Castro Street in Mountain View, California. The warm and inviting atmosphere complimented by the Italian decor, makes this the place to celebrate any special occasion, romantic dinner, or just a simple home cooked Italian meal. Lunch and dinner menus include: Antipasti, Insalate & Minestre, Pasta, Rotisserie, Panini, and Fish along with an extensive Wine list and Full bar. Let Ristorante Don Giovanni provide you with excellent service and facility for your next event. We offer custom tailored menus that are just right for your breakfast, brunch, lunch, and/or dinner needs. Our facility can provide: TV * VCR * PA SYSTEM WITH MICROPHONES * POWER POINT * OVERHEAD PROJECTOR * WIRELESS MICROPHONE * FLIP CHART STAND/PADS/MARKERS * DIRECT PHONE LINES AND INTERNET ACCESS * MOTEL AND TRANSPORTATION ACCOMMODATIONSContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (20)special occasion (14)romantic (13)great for lunch (13)fit for foodies (12)notable wine list (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014Excellent dining. Wonderful service with a great attitude and personality. Will be sure to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menue and KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 7/27/2014While food we've ordered and delivered to us was of good taste and value, the following 2 facts definitely have made negative impact on overall experience. 1. At 5:30 pm sitting, we were some of the very first evening visitors. There was ON MENU cream brulee ... which was later reported by the Kitchen that they "run out" of this on-menu offered selection. 2. Even worst was with the listed ON MENUE cherry gelato. Without telling us that they have none, we were server raspberry sorbet (neither gelato, not cherry) in - I assume - believe that we,as customers, would not see/know the difference. The waitress was very apologetic and supportive AFTER we've pointed to the substitution and offered not to charge us for the sweets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner before a concertZmanDined on 7/26/2014I had never been here before but other reviews said it was good so we gave it a try. We were impressed with the great food and service. Our server was attentive but not bothersome. I am leery of specials but the halibut was fresh tasting and we were very pleased with our whole experience. On top of it all it's only a short distance from Shoreline Amphitheater!Special Features:
- ExcellentVivaVinoDined on 7/23/2014Had dinner on a Thursday night with a group of friends from work. The food was delicious and reasonable priced. I have dined at Don Giovanni quite frequently and was glad my friends enjoyed the meal. All said they would return with their families. If you want a delicious Italian meal, great service and not break the bank. This is the place for you! You will not be disappointed. Guaranteed.Special Features:
- Pasta with extra garlic please!ChefrjVIPDined on 7/23/2014One of my regular dinning spots for pasta but they always have excellent daily specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpikeemDined on 7/15/2014Good time for our group. Nice selctions to cover various taste and diet requirements.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodSeniorDinerDined on 7/12/2014The fried calamari appetizer was the best I've had anywhere. The breading was light but crisp and the squid was very tender. Our group had three different pasta dishes for lunch. All were cooked perfectly, served piping hot with sauces that were balanced, well blended and exquisitely seasoned. We topped off the meal with a marvelous,decadently rich chocolate mousse with strawberries and whipped cream. The house Pinot Grigio was a nice complement to the linguini with clams. You can take your gourmet friends there with confidence knowing they will enjoy a very nice meal.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantKalSandhuVIPDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant has been in downtown Mountain View for a long time. The beuaty is that the servuce and food are always outstanding. And every Thanksgiving they feed over a thousand folks for fre as a thank youy to tyhe community.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceCabogalVIPDined on 6/27/2014We all had an enjoyable meal with good food served promptly. The vegetables were fresh and varied, not the typical packaged mix. Servings are sized well and look appetizing on the plate. We all had the Greek salad, which was a generous portion and nicely dressed. My chicken piccata was very tasty. The chocolate mousse was yummy. My only service suggestion is that plates are not taken away before everyone has finished. I actually had to grab mine back because I was saving my favorite little bites for last and my plate was almost empty.Special Features:
- Service outstandingcricketDined on 6/25/2014Food was mixed. Bruschetta was very good; for some reason this restaurant doesn't seem to believe in crispy Calamari. Maybe crispy style is an Americanism or something, but that's how I prefer it. Overall the food was not up to the standards I expected from prior visits.
- Excellent FoodbellamtnviewDined on 6/18/2014It was my first time at this restaurant. I read the yelp review and wanted to take my friends who live around this area to a fine dining experience. We really enjoy our food, they were delicious. However, we had to wait for awhile for our service from our waiter even though the restaurant wasn't busy. Later our waiter explained to us what was the holdup so it was fine. Overall, I would strongly recommend this Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- Chock BlockedLondon16Dined on 6/14/2014In London when a restaurant is fully booked - it is referred to as chock blocked. This was the case at Don Giovanni Mountain View when we had arrived - never the less our reservation was honored and had received our table within three minutes. Food, service and ambiance were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don GiovannifiedlerDined on 6/5/2014We went for lunch and I had the Frutti di Mare which comes with a mild saffron sauce. All of the various fish was very good but the sauce was tasteless. My wife had the Rigatoni con Salsiccia and said it was very good.The restaurant was clean and the wait staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don GianvonniItalianDined on 6/3/2014Great restaurant. Excellent food and friendly professional service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Graduation DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/31/2014The atmosphere was open and delightful. The wall scenes are very artistic and colorful. It was a fun and comfortable dining room. Red Zin was great! Our waitress Josie was helpful, friendly and fun. The calamari was tender, crispy but slightly salty for me. I tried the polenta appetizer and it was very good. The sourdough was soft and tasty but was not hot, which I love. The Halibut special was delicious. My family also loved the Bolognese and the Filet special (Pricey!) Desert was ordered, Mousse, Bread pudding and Gelato, all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group experienceDavidFDined on 5/25/2014Our group if 16 arrived at 5:30 on a Sunday afternoon with reservations and we were seated promptly in a quiet, uncrowded restaurant. The service and food were excellent, and people in the group could converse easily with adjacent friends. It was a good experience for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchnamasteDined on 5/21/2014Had a nice lunch with excellent service which was polite and attentive to our needs. Food was excellent. Only had lunch so don't know how dinner would be. Will try one time a dinner for sure.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We were a party of 12 and had attentive and timely service. The food was delicious and was enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable favoriteSuzanneDined on 5/5/2014As always, the staff makes us feel like they are happy to see us. No matter if we are bringing out of town company or our children with us, there is something for everyone in a fine dining atmosphere. It's our "go to" restaurant. We enjoy the food very much. Love, love, love Don G's!Special Features:
- Deb18VIPDined on 4/30/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants that we come to often. We were celebrating our 13th anniversary and came to this restaurant on our first date. We were wished "Happy Anniversary" by more than one employee. Service and food were outstanding as usual! With dessert, we were each given a complimentary after-dinner drink. What a nice surprise!!Special Features:
- The following 337 reviews are from the Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View reviews archive.
- Great late lunchSonnyjDined on 4/24/2014Oir first time here for lunch. Have had dinner several times. Arrived about 1:30 for lunch. They close at 2:30 until dinner. Fast , professional service. Food arrived quickly and was outstanding, as usual.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2014Made resv for a birthday dinner on Aril 19th on Opentable, request a nice table. When we arrived, restaurant didn't care if we had a resv. or not. We were seated a table near the front door which was open and the cold air was chilling(it was a cool evening). The server didn't take time the difference of the 2 Italian wines and the specials well. The is no excitement , character in the food. I won't return to the restaurant again
- Don GiovanniwassDined on 4/18/2014Overall we had a good meal. The menu is mostly Northern Italian, which means it is much more than pasta. The pictures of the Godfather were a little confusing, but we enjoyed the dinner. My wife had the clams and I had the sole--both cooked nicely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice first experienceRookiestarrDined on 4/13/2014We visited on a Sunday night so it was quiet. The service was very good. Great salads, bread, and dipping sauce. We all liked our dinners. The only slightly negative comment was that the Pollo ai Carciofi did not have any Marsala flavor. The rest of our party loved their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- shirlDined on 4/13/2014the food and service were just great. another dining pleasure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great dinner andTallSwedeDined on 4/10/2014We had a great dinner and my friend is allergic to Garlic and they worked around it beautifully.Special Features:
- Neighborhood ItalianDomoDined on 4/9/2014This is the most authentic Italian restaurant we've found in our neighborhood. It was very crowded the day we went and the tables seemed too close together for me. Some people don't seem to mind that, but it definitely impacted my enjoyment of the place. The food and service were very good, but I'm still looking for the perfect Italian place nearby.Special Features:
- Just a great placeSweetMichaelVIPDined on 4/2/2014Classic Italian food. They strive to keep is fresh. The fish of the day is usually really good. I have been here many times and never a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for food, not conversationKittyMomDined on 3/29/2014I chose Don Gioivanni for a group dinner because the menu is extensive and varied. We sampled a wide variety of dishes - all good - and several ordered the very interesting weekend Prix Fixe offering. The down side is that the interior is very open and was hopping on Saturday night, so we couldn't converse even with the people directly across the table from us.Special Features:
- I had dinner at your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/17/2014I had dinner at your restaurant last week for the 1st time and enjoyed it. i came back on March 17th at 6:30pm with my brother, sister in law and boyfriend and we all enjoyed it very much. Our waitress was excellent; great personality and very attentive. We will back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and relaxingNikiDined on 3/6/2014The servers were patient and personable. I like when servers give you time to make a decision, without rushing you. It was a very laid back, comfortable environment. The servers were attentive, without hovering. The food was brought very quickly and we were allowed to have time to chat before paying the bill. The food was delicious - I love that they brought us bread with the delicious garlic and olive oil dip, so we had something to eat while deciding on our meal. The server brought the dishes and immediately offered us parmesan for our pasta. We never had to ask for anything. Cloth napkins, professional yet personable environment. A pleasant and classy lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will definitely go back.ElizabethWDined on 3/1/2014This was my first dinner there, and I met up with three friends there. I loved the angel hair pasta pomodoro. One of my friends had, and really enjoyed, the chicken with cheese, mashed potatoes, and artichoke hearts--sorry I can't remember the correct name. It looked amazing, and briefly made me have second thoughts about my order, till I tasted mine and loved it. Another friend had a really good steak. And we had one more person eating pasta, can't remember the name, but a creamy sauce that he declared amazing. We ordered sweets after the main course--Crème brûlée and orange sorbet--and these were great too. And as if delicious food were not enough, the staff took good care of us, and the restaurant is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday lunchshirlDined on 2/27/2014as always, a delicious lunch and attentive service.Special Features:
- The server is always right.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Server suggested plates A and B. I choose dish B but the server brought Dish A.Special Features:
- Pasta pastaChefrjVIPDined on 2/3/2014Love this restaurant! I always order pasta the way I want it and the chefs do exactly that. Pasta Carbonara with extra garlic, easy on the cream, touch of wine. La-dee-da.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not so greatchrissyDined on 2/1/2014much too loud; noise level made it so we couldn't hear each other at the table (only 4 of us). food OK, but not outstanding, nothing I would drive a distance for. I had a dish that had "creamy garlic sauce" that was way to rich and creamy for me. Expected cream but I think the cook overdid it.
- Delicious!SusanDined on 1/26/2014We took my father here Sunday evening and it was wonderful. He and my husband had the roasted lamb shanks, one of the specials, and they both enjoyed the dish. Service was attentive and it was not too busy so we could hear each other across the round table. We've been here many times. Another win for Don Giovanni's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJanieoaklyDined on 1/25/2014Consistently great. Love the veal saltimbocca. Even the veggies are yummy. Tortellini Michaelangelo is another standout. Service super. Will always go back when back home in Mtn View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!FoodieVIPDined on 1/18/2014We hadn't been to this restaurant in a long time so it was great to know when we popped in for a birthday dinner, it was the same great food, same great service, just a good way to remember that this restaurant is authentic in their core beliefs, serve great food, have great service, everyone was friendly and helpful. Mama Mia, we will be back!Special Features:
- Quiet and good for Company lunchSNelsonVIPDined on 1/9/2014The location is good, but parking is a bit difficult if you don't know the area. The restaurant is spacious and can accommodate several tables of 8+, so it's a good location for company get togethers, which is what we were there for. There is enough variety in the food for different tastes and the prices are very reasonable for lunch. I have not been there for dinner. The quality of the food is good. It's very normal Italian fare, so if that's what you're looking for, it's a good spot. They were nice about our party being just a little over half of what we originally booked for, so kudos to the staff.Special Features: