Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
235 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dongiovannis.com/
- Phone: (650) 961-9749
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available upon request - contact us for details and pricing! Experienced corporate catering to large events.
- Special Events: Turkey Earthquake Relief Benefit Dinner - November 13th at 6:30PM - $55 per person Includes delightful menu, free bottle of wine for every pair of tickets sold. All proceeds go directly to victims of the earthquake via the Kurdish-American Cultural Center. Please help the people of Turkey! --- FREE Thanksgiving Day Dinner All day Thanksgiving, from 11AM to 4PM, no reservations, first come first served.
- Cross Street: Villa
- Public Transit: One block from Downtown Mountain View Caltrain and Light Rail station. VTA bus lines 34, 35, 51 and 52 stop at the Villa and Castro intersection.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Public parking is readily available. Public parking lots and street parking is available behind the restaurant and on surrounding streets.
A word from Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View
Ristorante Don Giovanni welcomes you to enjoy authentic Italian cuisine on Castro Street in Mountain View, California. The warm and inviting atmosphere complimented by the Italian decor, makes this the place to celebrate any special occasion, romantic dinner, or just a simple home cooked Italian meal. Lunch and dinner menus include: Antipasti, Insalate & Minestre, Pasta, Rotisserie, Panini, and Fish along with an extensive Wine list and Full bar. Let Ristorante Don Giovanni provide you with excellent service and facility for your next event. We offer custom tailored menus that are just right for your breakfast, brunch, lunch, and/or dinner needs. Our facility can provide: TV * VCR * PA SYSTEM WITH MICROPHONES * POWER POINT * OVERHEAD PROJECTOR * WIRELESS MICROPHONE * FLIP CHART STAND/PADS/MARKERS * DIRECT PHONE LINES AND INTERNET ACCESS * MOTEL AND TRANSPORTATION ACCOMMODATIONSContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Don Giovanni - Mountain View reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (27)good for groups (25)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Friendly staff and good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2013Friendly staff and good service. Food was edible, but some is overpowered with garlic, the restaurant smells of garlic. There is however absolutely nothing Italian about the food at this restaurant. They do sell Astoria Prosecco, which is one of the best winery for Prosecco. So I was happy about that.
- Good italian food, way tooGFGWGFDined on 5/27/2013Good italian food, way too many choices on the menu so it took a long time to get through it. Service was fine. I had teh linguine with clams and mussels in a red sauce, not too spicy, and there was not a speck of sauce left on my plate. Easy to park in the back lot as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You haven't been here yet?!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/3/2013We are repeat customers. We like everything about this place. The owner is a friendly guy who gives back to his community: read "free Thanksgiving dinner". The food is great, comfortable seats, never rushed. I've been there with my husband, another couple, a group of lady friends, and we did my husband's 60th birthday in the private room. Consistently good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Italian RestaurantFrancisDined on 4/30/2013Don Giovanni isn't one of those outstanding places we all secretly hope to find and tell our friends about, but it isn't bad in any way. The food is very good, the winelist decent and the service and ambiance are fine too. No complaints but nothing especially outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodmikehDined on 4/27/2013Nice Italian restaurant in Mountain View. Good food and excellent service. It's a standby for us.
- Open Table failLetitiaRDined on 4/26/2013I made a reservation well in advance for 8 for dinner on Friday night, my husband's birthday. We decided to invite more guests, so I went to the restaurant on Friday afternoon at about 4 30. They did not have my reservation from Open Table!!!! They were very kind and arranged for our large group to use the banquet room instead of the main dining room, which was full! I am very glad I double checked on my reservation, if we had just arrived with 14 diners and no reservation I would have been extremely embarrassed! the Restaurant was great, but I will never rely on Open Table again!Special Features:
- Wonderful lasagne. We alsoOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/25/2013Wonderful lasagne. We also much appreciated the blond waitress that put up with us old folks all night long. Our companion went back later to get a lasagne to go. It was THAT good!Special Features:
- Excellent wait staff, attentiveGFGWGFDined on 4/23/2013Excellent wait staff, attentive when needed,otherwise non-intrusive. It was cool to be able to watch the open area kitchen. Risotto con funghi was good, the polenta appetizer was an excellent pairing with the sauce, feta cheese and tomatoes. Great value for the amount of food.Special Features:
- Twice in one dayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/22/2013I went for lunch and it was so god I went there for dinner the same nightSpecial Features:
- Really great lobster ravioli.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/15/2013Really great lobster ravioli. The decor was pleasant and our waiter was attentive. A good restaurant for lunch. Undoubtedly great for dinner as well.Special Features:
- Great services and food, niceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/10/2013Great services and food, nice ambiance, in down town Mountain View.Special Features:
- This resaurant has been aOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/5/2013This resaurant has been a long time favorite. The ambiance is great, teh food good, service great and all reasoably priced. Hard to beat. JRDSpecial Features:
- My family and I came hereKrisDined on 3/31/2013My family and I came here for brunch on Easter. The food was great! I ordered the Terriyaki marinated skirt steak. It was absolutely delish! The bread and olive oil was just as delicious. The ambiance was pretty chill. The only bad thing I'd have to say about this place is that when we first got there the hostess was on the phone, she looked up at us and clearly saw us all standing there and she turned right around. A woman who ended up being our waitress escorted us to a set of tables that hadn't been put together, right next to some random plants. Thought it was kind of strange they would sit us right there as we were a big party, with a reservation (which I had stated to her and another gentleman who didn't really seem to care).Special Features:
- Good, not greatSimplyfood888VIPDined on 3/29/2013Good Italian food. A better wine list would improve things.
- Even though we were 15 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Even though we were 15 minutes late after our reservation, they still took us in and served us with a smile. The waitress was friendly, quick, and attentive. The food was really deliciosio! Ambience was romantic!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/7/2013Fantastic restaurant with great food and amazing service!
- This was my first time here.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013This was my first time here. My husband had visited before. I enjoyed the meal I had. It was absolutely delicious. The waiters were very professional and friendly, first class. The ambiance was romantic. I thoroughly enjoyed everything about this restaurant and most certainly will return in the near future.Special Features:
- Outstanding Mountain View FindfoodloverVIPDined on 2/21/2013Don Giovanni in Mountain View is an absolutely outstanding Italian restaurant. We have been there twice and all of the food has been delicious. The service is impeccable and friendly. There is a nice selection of wines and their cost is moderate. We can't imagine anyone not enjoying an evening at this restaurant and we hope to be able to return many times.Special Features:
- Had a delightful lunch atVivaVinoDined on 2/16/2013Had a delightful lunch at Don Giovanni with a group of five on a Saturday afternoon. Food was delicious and service was excellent. I would definitely recommend the food and restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Food was much worse comparingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/15/2013Food was much worse comparing to previous 5 times I attended Don Giovanni
- Good place for a date...HozefaDined on 2/14/2013Nice food. Good service. In terms of price its pretty decent. Like the place. Worth a try.Special Features:
- Horrible ambience and worst serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had gone to this restaurant on Valentine's day expecting a nice romantic evening. When I reserved the table via OpenTable, it was indicated that it will be candle light dinner with nice romantic ambience. But forget about the nice ambience, there wasn't even candle on our table and the restaurant was pretty bright (brighter than I have seen in some nice restaurants). I was one of the worst experiences. And to add to that, they had completely changed the menu and had a special menu just for that day which had very limited options. The food quality was really bad, and service was just pathetic. I would never visit this restaurant again. And would specially recommend others not to visit on any special day. Worst Valentine's day experience !!
- I'm sure the pasta is goodVBatlasVIPDined on 2/2/2013A 7:30 pm reservation was made for a Saturday evening. Two of us ordered chicken dishes, one ordered the steak and one ordered the pork special. The chicken was over cooked and dry, with not enough sauce. Cutting it with the butter knife we had was tough. The steak was overcooked. I think the pork special was ok. We had ordered a bottle of Brunello and asked to have it decanted. We were questioned as to why. The wait staff was over zealous in everything. We were rushed to order; couldn't have enjoyed our meals, if we had wanted to, without someone continuosly coming by trying to take plates off the table. We weren't even done eating and they were taking plates! One good thing, we got the check quickly. I'm sure the pasta is good.
- Hello, I made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/31/2013Hello, I made reservations two weeks in advance asking for the round table in the back room as I had a large group of nine and wanted the private room. I've brought my team there about 8 times in the last year. A day before we were coming in I was called and informed we could not have the back room. Unfortunately I was spoken to in a tone that was quite rude. I came anyway and sat in the front area in a large table. If I was the manger I would have come to our table, apologized and would have probably provide an appetizer or two to say thank you for being so flexible. Instead we received the worst service and I've decided to never take the team back. Time to find a new place.
- friendly, good pre-theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/26/2013friendly, good pre-theater dining especially if tell them your schedule, quality country Italian cookingSpecial Features:
- We were very happy with ourOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013We were very happy with our meal, but the service was somewhat slow, due to a large party in the adjoining banquet room. Normally, that wouldn't have been a problem, but, in this case, we were attending a play at the nearby Mountain View Center. Fortunately, we had allowed extra time, so we were able to make the curtain.Special Features:
- We had very nice Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013We had very nice Family dinner experience. Although overall the food was a bit on the salty side and my "special" seabass was a bit overcooked as it was a bit on the chewy/rubbery side. They are accommodating with kids and split a gnochi butter plate for our children. However the bruschetta toast was wonderfully light and delicious. We wanted to enjoy our time with our kids so we just let the above food issue pass.Special Features:
- A Tasteful Treat...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2012Don Giovanni's is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Not only is the food delicious but the wait staff is well informed, friendly and very attentive! The ambiance is exactly my taste. Romantic mood lighting, with an Italian flair. Anyone who dines with them is surely in for a tasteful surprise! I would definitely recommend Don Giovanni's to anyone who likes good food! The experience there keeps getting better each time I visit! Thanks, ShiSpecial Features:
- We have been there severalKrumbsfromKovVIPDined on 12/27/2012We have been there several times for lunch and dinner. Great place!
- Horribly slow service. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/19/2012Horribly slow service. It was just two of us and most of the attention was given to the larger dinner parties. We were seated promptly but the wait for everything after that was extremely excessive. After our meal was completed and the table cleared it appeared we were forgotten. My sister finally got the server's attention so we could get our check. The only saving grace about our dinner was the food itself which was delicious. I would recomment Don Giovanni for their food but be prepared to sit for long intervals.
- Parking is horrible! ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/19/2012Parking is horrible! Service was just okay, and the noise level was so loud we couldn't hear the person directly across the table from us.
- Best Bolognese SauceEatPastaVIPDined on 12/14/2012They have the best spaghetti bolognese. I love bolognese sauce and think Don Giovanni's bolognese is the best outside of Italy. Their other food is great too. Their rack of lamb is delicious and consistently good. Service is normally decent but on my last visit it was not good. My server seemed to be stretched too thin so we had to wave her down if we wanted anything (often took so many attempts that our focus was in that more than enjoying the good food). I recommend this place for good food.Special Features:
- Added extra tables to overcrowdOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/14/2012Added extra tables to overcrowd the restaurant. Castro Street has NO parking for the amount of restaurants allowed there. It took be 8 minutes to get to Castro and 30 MINUTES to park.
- Our office party dinner wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2012Our office party dinner was wonderful. We all had something different and everything was very tasty. Nice evening enjoyed by all.Special Features:
- my veal dish was great...MyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/13/2012my veal dish was great...My wife was not happy with hers. calamari was sent back beacuse it was not coooked right.Special Features:
- A great event & wonderful night outOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Very professional and personal service, the owner takes the time to give his own personal touch to everything. I will highly recommend it to others as well.Special Features:
- Outstanding againChefrjVIPDined on 11/3/2012Don Giovanni is alwasy great! The veal dishes and pasta dishes are the best.Special Features:
- We have been going to DonOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 11/3/2012We have been going to Don Giovanni for years. The food and service has been consistently excellent. A unique Italian restaurant.Special Features:
- booked this place for a largerOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 10/22/2012booked this place for a larger group and there are 2 rooms which work OK, unfortunately the food is terrible, overcooked, poor quality, bland Italian home cooking. Food wasn't delivered to our table at the same time and one of our party waited 15 minutes for their entre. Could not seriously recommend to anyone.
- Awesome food, love the ambience.Foodie88Dined on 10/14/2012Awesome food, love the ambience. Perfect for a quiet lunch date or even for hanging with a group. Will go there again!Special Features: