803 Gervais Street
Columbia, SC 29209Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.ristorantedivino.com/
- Phone: (803) 799-4550
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Chef Mike Deevey, Chef Bertrand Gilli & Chef Henry Griffin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Ristorante Divino
Located in Columbia’s historic Congaree Vista area, Ristorante Divino was opened by Fulvio Valsecchi over 16 years ago. Currently under the new ownership of Chef Mike Deevey, Chef Bertrand Gilli and Chef Henry Griffin, Ristorante Divino offers an intimate fine dining atmosphere with award winning, creative Italian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Divino reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
romantic (2)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (1)good for groups (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- outoftownerDined on 11/18/2014Ristorante Divino is an excellent restaurant for groups or for small parties of two. The appetizers were amazing and gave us a real taste for all of the fabulous entrees available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Ristorante Divino reviews archive.
- wait and seeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2014Ristorante Divino changed ownership on Sat. May 31, 2014 and Chef/owner Fulvio Valsecchi has retired. Our meal on June 4 was still up to the original standards of the former owner. One of Fulvio's assistant chefs of many years is now the head chef and one of 3 owners.Special Features:
- Wine Temp.RogerVIPDined on 4/16/2014All white wine and champ. comes at red wine temp. You are half way through your meal before it is at the right temp. With the use of the computer, I am sure that a selection of these could be keep at the correct temp.Special Features:
- Always a great evening!DonnaVIPDined on 4/10/2014Anytime we are in Columbia, Divino's is our favorite place to have dinner. It's part of our Master's week tradition. Always great food and attention,Special Features:
- Our new favorite restaurant!KarenDined on 4/2/2014This is a great place to go whether you want a romantic dinner or to go with a small group. The food and wine were both amazing! Our waiter was the best waiter we've ever had. Dessert and cappuccinos were the perfect finish! We also like this place because it's not a chain. Everything tastes fresh and authentic. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian at its bestLindaDined on 3/26/2014Best meal at a restaurant in Columbia in a long time. Great appetizers and salads as wel as a good variety of entrees and pastas. Key lime dessert was heavenly. Very good service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Diginified Birthday elebrationWayneDined on 2/7/2014The reservations was exactly as requested. The special table requested was provided and the service was prompt without being intrusive. Our server, Sarah was very knowledgeable of the menu and "special" menu items as well as great insight to the wine list. We have been to this restaurant on four occasions and it has been memorable each time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in Columbia!Janet4DukeDined on 1/24/2014Best food, best service, valet parking downtown....I could go on and on. I've been to most restaurants in Columbia and this is the BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is not the type of restaurantZlogariniDined on 1/18/2014This is not the type of restaurant we would normally dine at, pricewise, but their Restaurant Week special made it worth the trip in. The food and service were solid but not overwhelming. I just expected a bit more based on the reputation and things I have heard about this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lovely little local spotDebbieVIPDined on 1/7/2014Warm & inviting with a very good selection of menu items. Reasonably priced. Very good service & excellent wine list. We will go back next time we are in Columbia!Special Features:
- Vista TreasureJennyDined on 11/19/2013Always an enjoyable evening will be had by all while dining at Devino's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- did not live up to reputationfoodsnobDined on 11/16/2013Restaurant slow and not crowded at all due to other events in town that night. Sat at bar before dinner, bartender busy telling stories to 2 other patrons and had to be interrupted to tell him we were moving to our dining table (we were only other group at bar). Hostess fine. Wait staff basically competent but not warm or engaging. We ordered wine; wait staff stated he was not even sure he got the right bottle when he came back to the table because there are apparently many bottles of wine in the back (??? as there should be!!) Food ok but not worth price. Mentioned to wait staff that one item in particular seemed overcooked; got NO RESPONSE at all. Overall, I was disappointed and a bit sad that it was not as good as I expected.
- Divino exceeded all expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2013My first trip to Columbia, was a situation of a table of six containing four people (relatives) who were meeting for the first time. Service was impeccable, ditto for wine and food. Equally and perhaps better, was the quiet ambience. Not a funeral home quiet where we felt the need to whisper, but as a designer I recognized how the room was designed to absorb sounds. It was almost as being in a private dining room. Perfecto. Eager to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodliparifamDined on 10/25/2013Another good meal at Divino. We had first-time visitors to Columbia, and decided to take them to Divino - the food is always very good, and we like the somewhat subdued ambience. We had a lovely time, everything was top-notch as usual.Special Features:
- No ServiceAlbertTDined on 8/19/2013We rate this restaurant poor. We made a reservation for 9:00pm. After a long day moving my son into his dorm we were looking forward to a nice dinner. When we arrived we were told it was a slow night and all the servers and cooks were sent home early. No more customers would be served. They didn't apologize for the inconvenience or try to make amends.
- You just cannot go wrongTigerfanVIPDined on 8/14/2013Outstanding food, outstanding service. Try the calamari appetizer its very different than anything you probably have had and is excellent. They are known for their rack of lamb so if thats your thing you will definetely want to try it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- divine food at divinospartyof2VIPDined on 8/2/2013We enjoyed celebrating my birthday at Divinos. The food is always delicious, and offers a twist on the classics. We enjoyed the Veal Marsala and the Herb-encrusted Rack of Lamb and both were superb. Our only complaint was a lack of ambiance, no music or candles, and we overheard loud arguing from a nearby table. Overall, a good experience and we will dine there again.Special Features:
- Wonderful serviceSavvyDined on 6/19/2013The food came out quickly and was delicious and fresh. We drank a lot of water but our glasses were constantly refilled. All the employees were extremely friendly and Alex, our server was great. The atmosphere was also beautiful and we will be back. No complaints here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointmentBayislandcoVIPDined on 5/4/2013Loved it the several times before, but probably won't return. White wine was hot, not warm, and never reached an acceptable temperature. Seafood (shrimp and scallops) tasted like iodine. Veal was tough. Chicken livers cooked beyond recognition - could hardly cut them. Never drank the wine, no one was interested in how the food was prepared (except did bring new chicken livers after repeatedly flagging server, but the rest of the meal had been consumed by then). No one asked how things were until I got this survey. I've had better service at McDonald's. A real disappointment.
- An excellence dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013An excellence dining experience was impeded by poor service. The server's timing was off on every aspect of the meal -- from handing us mensu and wine list to delivery of entrees. - extra long/unnecessary wait between courses. Expresso maching was inop so no cappuccino or expresso to close out dinner. First choice of wine was not available so settled for a second choice.
- Great restaurant; too many specialsMarcDined on 4/2/2013The food was good, but the extensive specials list was a bit much and annoying. Too much to remember. I would suggest this reastaruant and will return in the future.Special Features:
- Really enjoyed our first visit.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2013Really enjoyed our first visit. Would love to come again.Special Features:
- Lots of seafood items preparedSpencerDined on 3/16/2013Lots of seafood items prepared in a Northern Italian style. Very good. Service was attentive but not obtrusive. In a busy part of town (the Vista) - so use the complimentary valet parking service. At the higher end of prices in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best of Columbia's RestauDebordieudonaDined on 2/28/2013Unfortunately Fulvio was not in the kitchen so we waited over an hour for our meal. Even the waitress was unable to explain delay. However, the atmosphere was conducive to conversation and with a lovely bottle of wine we enjoyed the evening and the food when it arrived was delicious. Truly a wonderful restaurant for any occasion but especially great for building lovely memories. A beautiful was to celebrate a grandson's nineteenth birthday.Special Features:
- Superb as always. WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/28/2013Superb as always. Waitress Sarah did a fine job. Thank you.Special Features:
- Dinner with the girls!ClemsonGirlDined on 2/27/2013We have a supper club for the 'girls' (all of us in our 40's or 50's) and we move around and eat at different restaurants each month. For some reason, our group had never been to Ristorante Divino. We really enjoyed ourselves! The food was very good, the service was excellent, and it was just the right ambiance. Everyone of us got a different entree and they were all very good. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- My first visit to RistoranteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/9/2013My first visit to Ristorante Divino was nearly 10 years ago. It was an instant love affair. The best lamb chops ever! Whenever there was a special occasion, it was always on the list for choices of restaurants. So, last weekend as several friends and I planned to celebrate our February birthdays, we chose Ristorante Divino to dine before the attending the symphony. We all arrived prior to our reservation and the dining room was nearly empty. We allowed ourselves a little over an hour for dinner. For some reason, our meal was very delayed I(served over an hour after being seated) and we ended up eating a very delicious meal in a very short time--less than 15 minutes, to be exact. How sad for us.Special Features:
- Ristorante Divino has consistentlyAlohaLouieVIPDined on 2/5/2013Ristorante Divino has consistently exceeded my expectations as well as those of others I have taken there. Without being pretentious, they offer an extensive array of food (they have more specials than they have on the menu. Valet parking is a nice feature as well.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/23/2013Great restaurant. One of my favorites when I travel to Columbia. Great place to take clients.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the dinner. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/16/2013We enjoyed the dinner. The place was very busy but it did not impact our service or the food. The server was charming and attentive and our meal delicious. We could go again.
- Although Ristorante DivinoFrankBSCDined on 1/14/2013Although Ristorante Divino is one of our favorite restaurants in Columbia, we had not eaten there in quite a while. It was just as good as we remembered. I think it is a great place to take out-of-town guests when you are looking for a special dining experience. Our visit on this particular occasion was to celebrate my wife's birthday. It was a good choice. Apart from the food and service, I like the ambiance and size of the dining room. It has a cozy, leisurely feel to it.Special Features:
- Very nice, very good!luvlacmurrayDined on 12/20/2012Consistently good food and service. This is always a place you can come for a creative dish on special and an upscale dining experience.
- The most fabulous meal outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/10/2012The most fabulous meal outside New Orleans, and rivaling the best food there. Not one note was less than perfect!Special Features:
- Excellent food, dated decor.Joyful1VIPDined on 10/17/2012Valet parking only. The old building is charming; entering you'll see a dated decor but you know it's been here and established as a great place off the tourist map. This has a family feel and excellent waitstaff. The wine list offers very nice high-end Italian choices. The mushroom risotto and the Gorgonzola gnocchi were awesome! The bread basket was so good I could of eaten three times as much as the small offering for our party of two. The ceasar salads were not good and not ceasar by any means. Ask which desserts are house made and get those. I would return as the food was so pleasing. But the decor is a bit old school Italiano mom & pop style. It was packed on a Thursday night. A locals favorite.Special Features:
- Amazing wine, food and bestOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/23/2012Amazing wine, food and best of all - impeccable service!!!Special Features:
- Had a waitress who was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2012Had a waitress who was very nice but she said it was her first day so not very knowledgable about menu or wineaSpecial Features:
- You can always count on greatBayislandcoVIPDined on 5/18/2012You can always count on great food and atmosphere at Divino. One of the last restaurants catering to adults.Special Features:
- Nothing special about the specialDidiDined on 3/20/2012I was excited to go to Ristorante Divino since I'd heard so many good things about it. I ordered the seafood risotto special. Although the seafood itself was cooked nicely, the risotto was completely bland and it was swimming in a pool of butter. My friends agreed when they tasted it. I told our server, who informed me that the seafood was the seasoning. She didn't ask if I wanted anything else, nor did she offer to comp the dessert I ordered. My total bill with tip for 2 $8 glasses of wine, a salad, the special (which was $26.95) and dessert was $75.00. I will not go again, even though my friends had better food.Special Features:
- Great food! We have been meaningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/3/2012Great food! We have been meaning to try Divino for a while now. Finally had the opportunity and the food and atmosphere was great.
- Great place for a quiet nightilovefoodDined on 1/12/2012Great place for a quiet night out with company, great food and good wine.Special Features: