Ristorante Del Lago - The Broadmoor
One Lake Avenue
Colorado Springs, CO 80901Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Ristorante Del Lago - The Broadmoor
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.broadmoor.com/charles-court
- Phone: (866) 381-8432
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 5:30 PM to 9 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Justin Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities:
- Private Party Contact: Monique West 7194716261x
A word from Ristorante Del Lago - The Broadmoor
Ristorante and Bar Del Lago, designed by internationally renowned designer Adam D. Tihany features authentic and unique recipes gathered from every great culinary region of Italy. Ristorante del Lago, offers a rustic, welcoming yet sophisticated atmosphere inspired by the luxurious villas of lake Como. The private dining room enclosed in glass, features a wonderful view of the wine room. Inviting custom walnut table and chairs, along with charming chandeliers enhance the warm ambiance of the room. An exhibition kitchen gives diners a glimpse into the action and a unique Salumi and Formaggio aging room. Some unique and special features include: a Bonnet Rotisserie, a Parma Crown Anniversary Slicer (Specially designed to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of The Consorzio del Prosciutto di Parma) and a wood-burning oven for pizzas add to the panache of the restaurant.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Ristorante Del Lago - The Broadmoor reviews from OpenTable diners
- Quality food for a quality time.PastorkjDined on 10/20/2013I took my wife for her birthday just the two of us. They knew it was her birthday and did a very classy job helping me celebrate it. The staff was exceptionally helpful and professional. Everything I requested was performed precisely and the food was awesome. Charles Court was the ideal place for any type of special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a special OccasionLipstrDined on 10/3/201352nd Birthday for the wife and it was perfect. Apparently it will close in a couple of weeks to reopen next spring as a new concept. The menu we experienced was the menu they hope to have when they reopen. Somewhat limited but excellent.Special Features:
- Noteworthy RestaurantLilyDined on 10/3/2013The food, decor, and service were all outstanding. Food is presented in a very attractive manner and tastes absolutely delicious. The four of us all had different dishes and all reports were very favorable. Since it is somewhat pricey, we recommend it for a special occasion and not for family or casual dining. The ambience was lovely and romantic until a bunch of loud drinking people showed up which spoiled it. Tables are a bit too close together, and unfortunately the noise then spoiled what would have been a lovely romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charles Court DiningDangood1952Dined on 9/28/2013We have enjoyed the Charles Court for many years. Sad that it is closing to be reopened as an Italian restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just did not impressfoodieDined on 9/21/2013The restaurant is pretty and the service seemed fine, nothing spectacular, but the food was almost inedible...we ordered 4 dishes with the hopes of sharing them and really being able to enjoy the great food we had heard about. Tuna tartare....was seared to a well done finish, our beet salad with a few other components, were completely disjointed and had no reason to be sharing the same plate, then our pork with fennel puree with a port wind sauce, appeared without the puree , pork well done with some version of a vinegar sauce that was so astringent you could not eat it, because you could not get past the smell. This was our anniversary (dinner) we were very disappointed.
- Great diningMixieDined on 9/15/2013We had a fabulous experience and meal! Everyone was so attentive, and the food was outstanding. Great atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/9/2013The setting for Charles Court is beautiful and the staff was very attentive. The plating was lovely. The food sounded interesting and tasty, but the melding of the ingredients made them taste a bit "uncoordinated." Not sure how to describe it, but we will likely try a different restaurant at The Broadmoor when we return.
- Staffflcolw1Dined on 9/7/2013The staff were very people friendly and you could actually tell they enjoyed what they were doing. They also had a lot of knowledge on what they were serving and could answer all questions we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hotel Broadmoor Restaurantluv2dineVIPDined on 8/25/2013Charles Court, one of the many restaurants at the Broadmoor, is wonderful for breakfast or dinner. Extensive wine list, superb service and deliciously prepared entrees.Special Features:
- Charles Court was great!ljc1Dined on 8/25/2013Good food, good service. Staff was helpful, and made good suggestions. Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and NiceJaneDined on 8/24/2013My husband and I went to Charles Court for our anniversary and the staff was VERY FRIENDLY and VERY PROFESSIONAL. The food was fancy, and every dish had flavors I've never even tasted before. It was nice looking out at the water while dining, lighting was romantic, and it was overall a very nice experience. The service was fantastic too. The staff was very knowledgeable about every dish and drink, and they were quick to fill me up on water whenever I needed it and I didn't even have to ask. They were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food delicious, service dourkellyDined on 8/17/2013Had the tasting menu, which was a 5 course, delicious variety: asparagus gazpacho, beet salad, monkfish, venison, and a dessert that was so-so for me. The waiter was very stuffy and service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2013This restaurant is one of our favorites in the area--the food is incredible and the service is of the highest professionalism in the industry. Incredible place for special occasions or any occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2013Great meals and fantastic attentive service in a beautiful location overlooking the lake. Preparation and the kitchen's attention to detail and presentation was outstanding I'm glad we to got to experience the Charles Court before the planned renovation and redesign this Fall. A great choice for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beyond ExpectationsWedgieDined on 8/16/2013It is safe to say that we have never had a restaurant experience like this. I made a reservation online a few months ago and simply hinted that my wife and I would be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Wow, did no one forget! Upon entry, virtually everyone that had a hand in seating and serving us wished us a happy anniversary. By my count, we had at least SEVEN different members of the staff tend to us. Not only was the service beyond the realms of good, but the food was outstanding. Words can't describe the perfection of every single thing that we had. Not only that, when it was time for dessert, our plate came out with "Happy 10th Anniversary" written out in chocolate. The experience was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2013My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dining on the patio. Everything was superb and we look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for kidsJJSnarkyDined on 8/11/2013The menu for adults is a bit limited but the kids menu is really good. Fun for them to have a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak ever!!Diner111Dined on 8/5/2013My daughter and I went here for a special mother/daughter time. We both got steak. It was the most tender and delicious steak I have ever had!! Will certainly go again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2013I usually have at least one area I can see for improvement at a restuarant. This place is simply perfect..okay maybe the food is too good for those of us trying to diet :}Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In side or outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/28/2013Food was excellently prepared and very good service. It was our 40 Wedding anniversary and we were continually greeted with that comment by all of the staff. We had the pleasure of a bag piper come by and entertain us which was nice. I think the wine was slightly over priced and some of the 'window' tables were half-block by the frame work, meaning one person could view thing the other could not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was veryMBpostDined on 7/27/2013Food and service was very good. Enjoyed outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy of 5 Star.gortwoodDined on 7/26/2013Splendid in every way, but one. The menu is quite limited: 4 fish entrees, 1 pasta entree, 4 meat entrees (1 pork, 1 chicken, 1 beef, 1 venison). A good number of starters and desserts, however. Excellent service, and a superb environment, looking over the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experiencermont27Dined on 7/25/2013The service was overall excellent. The food was amazing. The drinks were made to perfection. Last but not least the desserts were out of this world. Our 14th year anniverssary was a hit. Thanks to the Charles Court. We will dine there again.Special Features:
- New menu not up to parJH702Dined on 7/22/2013Limited new menu. Food quality very average. Quite disappoiinted.Special Features:
- celebrate liferaynskeeterDined on 6/28/2013no noses in the air, just friendly, attentive service. provided us an elegant meal with simplicity; unhurried and efficient. the food met every expectation and the ambiance could not have been more pleasant with the view of the lake, hotel grounds, and the evening thunderstorm was right on cue! great spot for lovers of any age to celebrate a special occaision, especially, outside on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedLovedateswithmywifeDined on 6/24/2013Great service, terrible food!! The hotel and staff are very Pleasant but food has been a huge disappointment.
- Great ServiceDinner44Dined on 6/22/2013The staff was very good and went out of their way to make sure the arrangements were to our satisfaction. When they heard I had dinner the night before at the Charles Court, and sat at the same table, they took it upon themselves to arrange for a more scenic view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013We've been dining at this restaurant for over 30 years and it has always been a special place. Love the patio dining! The food and the service were outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food; attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/16/2013We had a very nice dinner here, but were seated next to 2 tables with children, so it was a bit noisy at first. This calmed down after a while. The service was great, and very attentive to our requests. The tenderloin was excellent. The sauce a trifle sweet for us. Excellent bread. Salad was very fresh; the dressing was light and just right. The polenta soup was extremely flavorful. Just wish there were more offerings for diabetics or had sugar-free desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charles court.NeveeDined on 6/9/2013Food was ok. Nothing extra special. But overall it was good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placelatattackDined on 6/9/2013I have been here before. Its a great special moccasin place. I was a little disappointed in the food quality. I ordered salmon and its was too salty. Wish the bread was warmed instead of cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night!ValentineDined on 6/8/2013It was our first visit to this restaurant, the service was fantastic!, we had a great time plus we got to enjoy the outdoors of the resort for the rest of the night, highly recommended!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely ExquisiteMarcusDined on 6/7/2013I took my girlfriend out to celebrate a wonderful occasion. We got lucky that the restaurant was only servicing about 20 guests, considering our waiter informed us the night before was a packed house. The first thing you notice is the professionalism of both the environment as well as the staff. We were welcomed right away and seated very promptly. Our seat was right next to an opened full bay window out to the lake; a beautiful view. (I completely recommend requesting the patio if the night is pleasant). Our waiter was absolutely accommodating by offering both professional opinions about the unique menu and comfortable privacy. The food was impeccable in both appearance and taste. I would definitely recommend Charles Court to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2013Food very good but service rushed and inadequate. Sommelier in name only. Wait for the redo.
- Limited menu and expensiveNC123VIPDined on 5/23/2013We prefer a wider selection and price range so, while they have good food and service was not a good fit for a relaxed evening meal .
- Charles CourtMontanaTravelerDined on 5/17/2013The Broadmoor is spectacular. The food at Charles Court was interesting and quite good. But our waiter, Andrew, made the night. He was very personable and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemCABSVIPDined on 5/17/2013My husband and I recently ate at the Charles Court to celebrate a special occasion. The service was outstanding and the food was great. My chicken was slightly over cooked but nonetheless delicious. Their specialty cocktails are a must try. Martinis are creative, innovative and most of all delicious. We love the Broadmoor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ExperienceFoodaddictDined on 5/17/2013This is a very historic and beautiful restaurant. It is a great special occasion place. We were there for our anniversary. The service was excellent. The food was good, however, not that good for the price. I have had meals that were just as good elsewhere for half the price. Do not get the chef's pick dinner. Not worth the price. You are better off ordering off the menu. Overall it was a good experience.Special Features:
- Still one of the best diningFoodieDined on 5/16/2013Still one of the best dining experiences in Colorado Springs, but better eat there soon as it will br closing this October to be referbished into an Italian cuisine restaurant, opeing sping of 2014.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great weekendBretHDined on 5/11/2013I took my wife and 9 month old to Charles court Saturday night. It was delicious and fun. They were more than happy to accommodate seating for my new baby, we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.