Da Vinci Ristorante
1180 Rue Bishop
Montreal, QC H3G 2E3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Da Vinci Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davinci.ca/
- Phone: 5148742001x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday from 17h00 to 23h00
Closed Sundays *Open for private functions only*
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Renato Ferrante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Exclusive Special - Minimum 20 persons
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available for minimum of 30 people, semi-private party options available for less.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Amodeo 8775164022x
- Entertainment: Private lounge area with DJ
A word from Da Vinci Ristorante
Located in a beautiful 2 floor Victorian building in the heart of Downtown Montreal and close to all hotels, 3 minutes walk from the Bell Center and entertainment venues, Da Vinci Ristorante offers its guests elegant surroundings without being pretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Da Vinci Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Da Vinci Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (26)romantic (24)notable wine list (14)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- It was outstanding!BlueDined on 7/28/2014The food was fantastic! They have a very distinguish flavor,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Bell CentreOutandaboutDined on 7/5/2014Great location in order to eat and get to the Bell Centre for events. Osso bucco and seafood linguine were excellent. Waitstaff was very accommodating and helpful. Extensive wine menu.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceFelisolDined on 5/27/2014So many years i forgot that good Italian resto in Downtown Montreal. Food is good and the service is very good. I will go back soon with more time to enjoy the place.Special Features:
- Never disappointedGintyDined on 5/19/2014I'm an out-of-town regular for more than 10 years, come to Davincis at least once/year, always have a superb dining experience, the Scallops appetizer and Osso Bucco entree are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night !!!JeffDined on 4/28/2014We had diner my wife and I on a quiet Monday night. Even if it was less busy , they made our diner a great experience and the food was very good. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Surprising find in bad locationJosh1782Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was within walking distance of the hotel and we were looking for some italian food so we went there. The food was amazing and decently priced for a fancy restaurant. The wine list is extensive, and they do offer valet service ($15 fee though which is high). The location doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very pretty on the inside. The only complaint I have is with the service. The waiter was very snooty to us as we were Americans and did not speak a lot of French. He kept walking past us and ignoring us completely. The helpers were much better with their service as they kept our cups full and took plates when appropriate. Don't let that discourage you though as the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Food was greatvmhutchDined on 4/26/2014Food was great. It was a little loud - but not overwhelmingly so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th wedding anniversaryrodger07Dined on 4/26/2014This evening was memorable - nice face to face with my spouse and great service until the place started to fill up. We were asked to change seat to accomodate a larger group and we agreed - we were about to order coffee & dessert. Then the wait started and everyone was taking care of the new customers - forget about the little couple - we had to ask for service all the way until departure. Besides that - Great place and very confortable, great food quality, well served with great employees. We even saw the owner who came to say hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 214 reviews are from the Da Vinci Ristorante reviews archive.
- Leonardo would be proudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Fantastic food and impeccable service. While this restaurant is on the expensive side, the food served is worth every penny. Their rack of lamb is amazing and their filet mignon delicious. Really, everything is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End ExperienceDaveDined on 4/14/2014I hosted a small group of customers attending a conference nearby at Di Vinci. From the minute we arrived, we knew the experience was going to exceed expectations. The menu selections were varied without being overwhelming and everything was fantastic. What really stood out was the attention we received from the staff; our waiter was excellent and the sommelier was a great touch (very knowledgeable and helpful too). It is expensive, but the value is absolutely worth it! I will definitely be back, either for a business dinner or with my wife for an enjoyable night out with great food and great service.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsPierreVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nothing bad to say, food, service, wine list can not ask for better !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Amazing experience amazing service even seen a couple NHL players and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice for date night!SammyDined on 3/14/2014Went to Da Vinci once before many years ago and always wanted to go back. I was happy to find a coupon that made us half-price! Even though I think the restaurant a bit pricey, it is perfect for an anniversary! Great food, and for a friday night, it was not packed at all ( which I prefer!) Had a nice evening with my bf.Special Features:
- Service and food were very goodOnceaweekerDined on 3/14/2014Service and food were very good, but this restaurant was pricey for what you get. I would keep this one for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good per usualMikeDined on 3/12/2014Always a nice treat when in Montreal. Good service and good food. A little pricey for some people but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Quality Italian Food and ServiceCalibDined on 2/27/2014A great restaurant just a block from St Catherine Street in Downtown. They offer a wonderful menu, ample wine list and service that is always there but never obtrusive. Moderately pricey but worth every bit what you pay. There are several good Italian eateries in Montreal and I have sampled many. This is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic restaurant, neverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014a classic restaurant, never been disappointed. a little pricey but always consistentSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2014The restaurant is lovely and the staff very helpful. The menu is varied in content and price. What a wine list! The only down side was a noisy table party of 2 couples, who insisted on sharing personal medical details about their pregnancy and other ailments with everyone. there is a limit with what staff can do to manage paying customers.... Beautiful decor as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodSOUMDined on 2/20/2014Food was great but a little expensive. Service was fine. Need to work on certain details. Ambiance is missing and a little noisy. Maybe for groups of 6 or more they should have the upstairs open.Special Features:
- Very good restaurant. FoodAlainDined on 2/15/2014Very good restaurant. Food and service are excellent. I would certainly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Impeccable,PierreVIPDined on 2/14/2014One of my favorite restaurant. Valet parking ( $ 15 ), so no problem to park. We had reservation for Valentines. For that occasion they had singers, and our table was too close from them, so was very noisy, tables were also very close to each other. But it is like that in any restaurant for that occasion. They had a fix menu, I don t like that too much, but again, that night it the same thing everywhere. But even taht nignt service was impeccable, food was really good, nothing to complain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD CHOICE FOR SPECIAL NIGHT OUTAlan39Dined on 2/14/2014Chosen for St. Valentine's, Da Vinci did the job both gastronomically and romantically.The special menu was interesting - seafood gnochi followed by sea bass and ending with creme brulee with canolli. We eschewed the impresssive, extravagant and almost exclusively Italian wine list in favour of $14 glasses of adequate Chardonnay. The atmosphere was fine after we moved upstairs and away from the loud and live entertainment. It would probably be quieter and more romantic on a regular dining evening. While most restaurants charge higher prices on such special occasions as St. valentine's, Da Vinci might better be reserved for a special occasion, though, since the cost of the meal would have kept Leonardo well fed for a year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I found the restaurant onClementineDined on 2/7/2014I found the restaurant on Open table, we enjoyed the evening. Food and service were very good, just the right serving size. I would only go there for special occasion, as the price is on the high side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time dinnerDinerdelightDined on 2/6/2014My overall experience was great however the food was cold and this removed some of the pleasant experience I hoped for when eating Lamb or Veal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchdrinkandeatVIPDined on 2/6/2014Very good lunch. Great service. Fish of the day was great. Burrata was great, too.
- Da Vinci, always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2014We went to Da Vinci before a show, so we were early (6:00pm). Food was excellent, service a bit disorganized, but over all, a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedDisappointedDined on 1/25/2014Although the food was good, the salad had a boring presentation, with basically a whole bunch of arugala hiding a very small amount to cheese and fresh pear. Likewise for the lamb, the few accompanying vegetables were tasty but over cooked. The pasta was ordinary. For the price, very ordinary food. A little disappointed.
- Special eveningDaleDined on 1/11/2014This was our second visit to Da Vinci's. It was busier this time, so we didn't get the same level of service as last time - but it was still very good. The Prosciutto and Mozzarella Bufala appetizers were incredible. The Tagiatelle ai Fungihi and Ossobuco di Vitello were fantastic. Service was prompt and courteous. The atmosphere was friendly and noise levels were moderate. We sat on the main floor by the fireplace - it was very nice. I would recommend Da Vinci's for a romantic night out with your S. O.Special Features:
- ExcellentGlobalFoodie1Dined on 1/8/2014DaVinci restaurant met and exceeded all our expectations. Our group of 10 (business dinner) was well accustomed to top level restaurants as we all travel extensively and have the opportunity to enjoy the best foods around the globe. This restaurant knows how to cater to such tastes (and we are not easy to please!). From the beautifully prepared starters (chefs choice, we just said: “surprise us”) to perfect appetizer risotto infused with black truffle oil an topped with some too, to exquisite main course dishes and light delicious deserts- and finally very attentive, professional service---all was nearly perfect. Highly recommended!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time!JoshDined on 12/28/2013Excellent service and amazing food. Wood recommend to anyone who is visiting Montreal.Special Features:
- great eating in MontrealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013great Italian restaurant, some of the best food I've ever eaten.. would go again and recommend to anyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family timeDrRobDined on 12/27/2013One of the best meals of the year, after dining in NY, Boston, Dublin, Chamonix, London and Amsterdam...Great service and ambiance....and we had a great family time...even though one of us was Vegan, there was no problem, no hesitation, and they prepared a perfect dish, full of flavor and protein.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service are consistentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2013Food and service are consistently very good, I have returned to this restaurant many times. The menu could use an update though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/6/2013The Food was good but I found the service was very slow.Special Features:
- The Da Vinvi codeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/26/2013I was very pleased with the service and how quick they were to make sure we were well serviced. My girlfriend and i did enjoy it much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the wait!RobMichelleDined on 11/23/2013Upon arriving in time for our reservation we were not seated for about 15 mins due to the earlier sitting taking longer than usual. The staff was very apologetic and courteous. We had a mixture of risotto' sand gnocchi which were fabulous. The wine list is truly spectacular with something for every budget. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfetoCTTCDined on 11/4/2013very outstanding evening excellent food great recomendations over all excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first time atMorallyDined on 10/19/2013This was our first time at the restaurant. We took my daughter there for her 22 birthday. Service was wonderful our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu. The food was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerMedicalCompanyDined on 10/18/2013Servers recommended Antipasti for our table (group of 12) - recommendations were excellent, notably the shrimp. Table was set for a group of 12 with 2 at each end which is so much better than a long skinny table - makes it easier for all to interact. Service was professional, good wines. At the end of the meal a variety of dessert drinks were brought out for everyone at no charge.Special Features:
- bravo DaVincijoedogsDined on 10/17/2013Food was very good, head waiter was very attentive and gracious. A slight mix up occurred when my main course came out with my salad, but he quickly apologized and I received a fresh main when I was ready for it. Salad was mixed greens with gorgonzola and pear; nice blend and the cheese was very tart - a nice counter to the sweet pear. Main course -Cavatelli with pancetta, mushrooms and pecorino - wonderful pasta was firm and the right blend of ingredients meant the pasta was balanced with the sauce. Dessert -Tofino di ciocolato with hazelnut ice cream - very rich chocolate was nicely cut by the homemade ice creamSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.