Da Vinci Ristorante
1180 Rue Bishop
Montreal, QC H3G 2E3Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Da Vinci Ristorante
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davinci.ca/
- Phone: (514) 874-2001
- Hours of Operation:
Monday to Saturday from 17h00 to 23h00
Closed Sundays *Open for private functions only*
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Renato Ferrante
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Exclusive Special - Minimum 20 persons
- Private Party Facilities: Private party options available for minimum of 30 people, semi-private party options available for less.
- Private Party Contact: Vince Amodeo 8775164022x
- Entertainment: Private lounge area with DJ
A word from Da Vinci Ristorante
Located in a beautiful 2 floor Victorian building in the heart of Downtown Montreal and close to all hotels, 3 minutes walk from the Bell Center and entertainment venues, Da Vinci Ristorante offers its guests elegant surroundings without being pretentious.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Da Vinci Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Montreal ›
Da Vinci Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)romantic (31)notable wine list (26)fit for foodies (21)neighborhood gem (10)good for groups (10)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Da Vinci Ristorante A Real GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/14/2014Was in Montreal with friends for a weekend getaway, found Da Vinci's and we had an incredible meal. From the service to the food it was all upscale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulTomtomDined on 11/8/2014My girlfriend and I came here on our one year anniversary. The restaurant was very beautiful and the food and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AweeeeesomeFlaneurBNDined on 11/7/2014Service was friendly and great, the ambiance was amazing, and the food was really really good - but it's the Seafood Linguini that stood out. Best one I ever tried!Special Features:
- Excellent Italian RestaurantpmnyVIPDined on 10/29/2014Food and service was outstanding at Da Vinci. This was our first time at Da Vinci and we were not disappointed. The starter recommended by our waiter was a small bite size sampling of four or five of the regular starters, and was great. My wife had the cavatelli and I had the osso buco over risotto. Bothe were tops. The dinning room down stairs is cozy and there is additional dinning up stairs. The creme brûlée is excellent! Nice wine selection with a majority of the wines offered being Italian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surf sur leur réputationLinetteDined on 10/28/2014Beau restaurant , mais la cuisine même si elle est bonne, ne justifie pas un tel prix pour le menu. Carré d'agneau délicieux mais présenté avec des patates pilées qui sortaient d'une douille à pâtisserie avec une branche de romarin "planté" dedans....vieux et dépassé comme look. J'ai demandé un "Spritz" en apéro ( cocktail vénitien très très populaire en Italie)...et j'ai dû en expliquer la recette au serveur ! L'apéro est arrivée bien dosé mais sans glace, ni orange, ni olive. J'ai demandé un capuccino décaféiné ; j'en ai reçu un très caféiné.
- foodforcathVIPDined on 10/24/2014The food and wine were wonderful. Everything was delicious and the service was great. Would definitely recommend it. Pricey, but well worth it, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Not the best visitFern1Dined on 10/24/2014Food was very good but service was too slow and not too attentive. It took at least 45 minute between the appetizers and the main dish.Probably because the place was ful,l but still.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceworldtravellerfoodieDined on 10/20/2014My Fiancée and I, went here for a night out and had awesome service from the wait staff in the perfect ambiance for a couple's night out. We both ordered risotto dishes (with scampi for her, and crab stuffed shrimp for myself) that were reminiscent and on par with the great risottos we had in Florence and Cinque terre (They were presented flawlessly and in perfect balance). Our antipasti dishes were also delicious. I had the fried calamari, which I have to say is probably the best I have outside of Riomaggiore, where I had calamari, that was taken from a boat 30 mins before being prepared at a squid only restaurant. My fiancée had prosciutto with 25 year balsamic vinegar, that was not only luxurious but prepared perfectly.Special Features:
- Da VinciOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Great food and service and a convenient Downtown location...steps from the Bell Centre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant meal .... EVERisolverDined on 10/11/2014Restaurant was very nice, waiter even nicer, and the food was out of this world! My wife and I both agreed it was likely the best meal we have ever eaten out. 3 hours of relaxed multicourse bliss. Simply amazing. Only one minor criticism: we did find the tables a little cramped together. As soon as the food started flowing, everything else around us faded away, and this was quickly forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice atmospherebinkygirl99VIPDined on 10/11/2014Hubby and I ate here on our last night in Montreal. Hubby had the rack of lamb - said it was his favorite meal in Montreal. That's saying something, since we were there for ten days and just ate our way through the city! I had the stuffed shrimp and thought it was just ok. We had as an appetizer the prosciutto with cheese and balsamic vinegar, and that, too, was just kinda ok. But to be fair, we had eaten a late lunch and I just wasn't that hungry that night. But, I LOVED the pancotta we shared for dessert, that was simply divine. The place was long and narrow, and the tables felt a bit close to each other. But it would be good for a romantic dinner. Staff was very attentive, water stayed full. Pricey, but we'd go back.Special Features:
- Food was excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2014We had to wait quite a while for our food, but staff was very nice and accommodating. Food was amazing and the price was reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!What an experience!TeatimedVIPDined on 10/4/2014We were a party of 5 and not one of us had anything to say but WOW! Everything was amazing from the appetizers to the dessert. The service was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary45thAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014We went to Da Vinci's for our anniversary and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious, wonderfully plated, and the service was impeccable. As there was a family party downstairs the Mâitre D suggested we sit upstairs and it was very comfortable. A great choice of restaurant on our part.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceLoulouDined on 9/26/2014Great food, great wine, great experience from the beginning through the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good classic restaurantFoodiesDined on 9/19/2014Very good and classy restaurant Food is old school no nonsense , very good quality , fresh and well seasoning Wine is too expensive thoughtSpecial Features:
- Exceeds ExpectationsFoodie31Dined on 9/18/2014"Six of us had a fabulous evening. The searded scallops appetizer was outstanding and the ossobuco with risotto was delicious. Everyone else raved about their meals and the service was exceptional. I would not hesitate to return to Da Vinci for another special night out."Special Features:
- one of Montreal bestworldsmartDined on 9/13/2014Prompt and efficient valet service, my wife appreciated the valet's umbrella on a rainy and windy evening. We had overseas visitors. The conversation was great throughout. We had a Veuve to start with, the Scallots were ideal perfectly cooked starters followed by exquisite pastas and rizotos and the best tiaramisu I have had in my whole life. Our waiter made an excellent recommendation for wine in the price range of my choice. In short the most enjoyable evening our guests, my wife and I could have dreamed of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Conventional Italian restaurantjfpcriticsDined on 9/12/2014The decor awfully doesn't fit. It's a mix of celebrity pictures and CH jerseys in very old house style dinning room. The plates are well prepared, yet not outstanding. Not a place for foodies, but for conventional Italian dishes lovers. A bit overpriced from my opinion for what we got.
- Excellent experienceCmacDined on 9/11/2014One of the most impressive dining atmospheres I've ever experienced. Staff were punctual and professional, food was delectable, and general atmosphere was welcoming and romantic. At no point did I feel rushed, and the wait staff were all very attentive to the table. Had a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!luvgoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014As a native of Montreal we had never had the pleasure of dining at Da Vinci until it was highly recommended by a friend. We are thrilled to be able to add Da Vinci to our list of fine restaurants. The service provided by Lavi was superb........very attentive. The scallops & fennel entrée was a feast for the senses as was the veal main course. Each bite was a delight. My husband ordered the rack of lamb which he said was the best he has ever had. Dessert was prepared as a surprise and was excellent. Both my husband and I will definitely return and bring our discerning friends.Special Features:
- Thank youMemoriesDined on 9/9/2014Thank you for making our special dinner at your restaurant another memorable evening after 34 years, where we had our first date. We enjoyed the special attention from our waiter and the relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014As per usual when visiting Montreal, we had another fabulous evening at Da Vinci, food was excellent, service impeccable as usual, table was superb..Thanks again, look forward to next visit..Special Features:
- It was outstanding!BlueVIPDined on 7/28/2014The food was fantastic! They have a very distinguish flavor,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the Da Vinci Ristorante reviews archive.
- Pre-Bell CentreOutandaboutDined on 7/5/2014Great location in order to eat and get to the Bell Centre for events. Osso bucco and seafood linguine were excellent. Waitstaff was very accommodating and helpful. Extensive wine menu.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceFelisolDined on 5/27/2014So many years i forgot that good Italian resto in Downtown Montreal. Food is good and the service is very good. I will go back soon with more time to enjoy the place.Special Features:
- Never disappointedGintyDined on 5/19/2014I'm an out-of-town regular for more than 10 years, come to Davincis at least once/year, always have a superb dining experience, the Scallops appetizer and Osso Bucco entree are to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night !!!JeffDined on 4/28/2014We had diner my wife and I on a quiet Monday night. Even if it was less busy , they made our diner a great experience and the food was very good. We had a great time.Special Features:
- Surprising find in bad locationJosh1782Dined on 4/26/2014This restaurant was within walking distance of the hotel and we were looking for some italian food so we went there. The food was amazing and decently priced for a fancy restaurant. The wine list is extensive, and they do offer valet service ($15 fee though which is high). The location doesn't look like much from the outside, but is very pretty on the inside. The only complaint I have is with the service. The waiter was very snooty to us as we were Americans and did not speak a lot of French. He kept walking past us and ignoring us completely. The helpers were much better with their service as they kept our cups full and took plates when appropriate. Don't let that discourage you though as the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Food was greatvmhutchDined on 4/26/2014Food was great. It was a little loud - but not overwhelmingly so.I would recommend this to a friend.
- 27th wedding anniversaryrodger07Dined on 4/26/2014This evening was memorable - nice face to face with my spouse and great service until the place started to fill up. We were asked to change seat to accomodate a larger group and we agreed - we were about to order coffee & dessert. Then the wait started and everyone was taking care of the new customers - forget about the little couple - we had to ask for service all the way until departure. Besides that - Great place and very confortable, great food quality, well served with great employees. We even saw the owner who came to say hello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leonardo would be proudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/22/2014Fantastic food and impeccable service. While this restaurant is on the expensive side, the food served is worth every penny. Their rack of lamb is amazing and their filet mignon delicious. Really, everything is fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High End ExperienceDaveDined on 4/14/2014I hosted a small group of customers attending a conference nearby at Di Vinci. From the minute we arrived, we knew the experience was going to exceed expectations. The menu selections were varied without being overwhelming and everything was fantastic. What really stood out was the attention we received from the staff; our waiter was excellent and the sommelier was a great touch (very knowledgeable and helpful too). It is expensive, but the value is absolutely worth it! I will definitely be back, either for a business dinner or with my wife for an enjoyable night out with great food and great service.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsPierreVIPDined on 4/5/2014Nothing bad to say, food, service, wine list can not ask for better !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/17/2014Amazing experience amazing service even seen a couple NHL players and the food was excellent.Special Features:
- Nice for date night!SammyDined on 3/14/2014Went to Da Vinci once before many years ago and always wanted to go back. I was happy to find a coupon that made us half-price! Even though I think the restaurant a bit pricey, it is perfect for an anniversary! Great food, and for a friday night, it was not packed at all ( which I prefer!) Had a nice evening with my bf.Special Features:
- Service and food were very goodOnceaweekerDined on 3/14/2014Service and food were very good, but this restaurant was pricey for what you get. I would keep this one for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good per usualMikeVIPDined on 3/12/2014Always a nice treat when in Montreal. Good service and good food. A little pricey for some people but worth it in my opinion.Special Features:
- Quality Italian Food and ServiceCalibDined on 2/27/2014A great restaurant just a block from St Catherine Street in Downtown. They offer a wonderful menu, ample wine list and service that is always there but never obtrusive. Moderately pricey but worth every bit what you pay. There are several good Italian eateries in Montreal and I have sampled many. This is one of the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a classic restaurant, neverOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/26/2014a classic restaurant, never been disappointed. a little pricey but always consistentSpecial Features: